PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Race to be the Next Finals Loser

Sybok
04-24-2014, 08:54 AM
That's what it is. Which West team can beat the Heat? OKC showed they can't. Portland would stand a puncher's chance perhaps, but I don't know if they get that far. It's just a fight to get on the Heat's Time Life "Threepeat" series.

Killakobe81
04-24-2014, 09:02 AM
I cannot find the thread ... but I called a Finals repeat and a 3peat after the 2nd night of the NBA.

I saw the early chinks in the Rox and Clips armor ...
Westbrook was hurt and Brooklyn looked shaky.
Said it again the start of these playoffs:

3 legit contenders: MIA, SAS, OKC
Darkhorse: LAC

I would be surprised if title is not one by the first three shocked if anyone else makes a REAL run for a title.

Franklin
04-24-2014, 10:41 PM
The Heat ain't perfect and we nearly beat them last year, the 13' finals is still vivid in our memories like it had happened yesterday.

Expert
04-24-2014, 11:00 PM
I cannot find the thread ... but I called a Finals repeat and a 3peat after the 2nd night of the NBA.

I saw the early chinks in the Rox and Clips armor ...
Westbrook was hurt and Brooklyn looked shaky.
Said it again the start of these playoffs:

3 legit contenders: MIA, SAS, OKC
Darkhorse: LAC

I would be surprised if title is not one by the first three shocked if anyone else makes a REAL run for a title.

Yeah you're a basketball genius. You called it. Too bad you cannot spell or learn the English language. You did put the team on your back deaux.

Expert
04-24-2014, 11:01 PM
The Heat ain't perfect and we nearly beat them last year, the 13' finals is still vivid in our memories like it had happened yesterday.
Nearly don't mean shit. The Bulls were nearly beaten, but today Mike is considered the GOAT and two 3peats is a large reason why.

Killakobe81
04-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Yeah you're a basketball genius. You called it. Too bad you cannot spell or learn the English language. You did put the team on your back deaux.
Yep it's really hurting my life ... If onlee kuld spell good . And empress my enternet pears and protek my forem reputason.

The Gemini Method
04-25-2014, 10:17 AM
So far, the teams that were the picks to go deep have looked less than stellar. Well, except the Heat but even they've trailed or have looked a mess at times against an inferior Bobcats/Hornets team. It just goes to show you the West is like that stubborn ex-gf that keeps fucking up your life in some shape, form, or manner. That even in the long run, you have to admire the crazy fucked up mentality she has because its entertaining. That is, if you don't get too close to the flame and burn out on the whole thing. She can also just run rick-shod over your mental and physical being. Thus, the East champion will have a bruised and battered WC team to deconstruct and that looks like the Heat.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-25-2014, 10:18 AM
You better put LAC on the contender status..

Blake Griffin flops like hell, but he's legit..

Killakobe81
04-25-2014, 11:36 AM
You better put LAC on the contender status..

Blake Griffin flops like hell, but he's legit..

Like I said they are my dark horse title contender ... but Golden state is no true barometer.
2nd round will tell me how Legit they are.

OKC still not out of it, heck even Rox have (though far from a legit contender) a puncher's chance to get back in that series.

Seventyniner
04-25-2014, 12:14 PM
At this rate we're going to have a Grizzlies vs Blazers WCF.

Clipper Nation
04-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Like I said they are my dark horse title contender ... but Golden state is no true barometer.

As much as I detest the Warriors, that's a bit unfair, tbh.... they're a very good team (albeit poorly-coached) and the biggest test possible for our improved three-point defense....

Killakobe81
04-25-2014, 04:18 PM
As much as I detest the Warriors, that's a bit unfair, tbh.... they're a very good team (albeit poorly-coached) and the biggest test possible for our improved three-point defense....

CLips have done a good job in that regard.
But O'neal is the only size they have.
And CLips are punishing them on the boards and in the paint.