PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: LMAO ESPN coach rankings

monosylab1k
04-24-2014, 11:17 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10717235

:lmao thibodeau, doc, spoelstra, and vogel ahead of Rick.
:lmao outcoaching the COTC

Findog
04-24-2014, 11:19 AM
The two best coaches in the league are Pop 1A and Rick 1B. Any other ranking is absurd.

Cuban needs to make Carlisle coach for life. I hope Rick is content to coach in Dallas for a long, long time.

Findog
04-24-2014, 11:21 AM
What a fucked-up list. Scotty Brooks ahead of Brad Stevens and Dave Joerger?

Vogel and Spoelstra ahead of Rick is particularly absurd. Doc is not better than Rick, either, but he's a very good coach that has won a title, so it's not quite as moronic.

jag
04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Rick is the 2nd best coach in the NBA. That's been the case for awhile now. And it's not close.

Malik Hairston
04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
1. Pop/Carlisle

3. Thibs

4. Coach Bud
5. Steve Clifford
6. Terry Stotts
7. Erik Spoelstra
8. Ubuntu
9. Frank Vogel
10. Jeff Hornacek

30. Ty Corbin
29. Larry Drew
28. Montyball
27. Mike Brown
26. Detroit's coach
25. Kevin McHale
24. Jacque Vaughn
23. Mike Woodson
22. Randy Wittman
21. Scott Brooks

JMarkJohns
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Pops
Carlisle
Stevens
Thibs

Those are only coaches I'd be ok with beyond Hornacek.

I'd put Jeff third on my list.

jag
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
I think Bud can one day be as good as Carlisle. He's an incredible game-planner. What remains to be seen is how well he can manage personalities. Atlanta's front office will also play a part.

Malik Hairston
04-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Coach Bud runs a system, which already puts him ahead of the majority of coaches in the NBA, tbh:lol..

I didn't watch many Celtics games this season, so I can't judge Stevens..

Malik Hairston
04-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Pops
Carlisle
Stevens
Thibs

Those are only coaches I'd be ok with beyond Hornacek.

I'd put Jeff third on my list.

What type of system does Hornacek run, tbh?..

I watched plenty of Suns games this season, but I never took the time to analyze or look into it..I like Hornacek's free-flowing style, but I wasn't impressed with the Suns' late-game plays down the stretch of the season(particularly the Morris' 3 off the screen that they ran several times without any success in the last few weeks of the season)..

BlackSwordsMan
04-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Carlisle fucking sucks

scanry
04-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Rick's coaching in 2011 will go down as one of all time greatest coaching jobs tbh. Dude zoned up and the Heat fell apart just like what the Spurs are doing right now.

Give Rick, the Spurs team last year and i guaransheed that series would've ended in 5. I'd take playoff Carlisle over playoff Pop tbh.

scanry
04-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Carlisle fucking sucks

Carlisle is a boss. :hat

Dude swept Phil into retirement. It took the fat bastard 3 years to get over that hangover tbh.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Carlisle is a great coach and a real class act. If it wasn't for him, I think the Heat would've three peated.

Expert
04-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Rick is a great coach, no doubt, but coaches are only as good as their management and Mark Cuban is one of the best owners in the league.

Budkin
04-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Can't deny Carlisle is a great coach. I've gained even more respect for him this series than I already had after that 2011 title run. He's good people too.

JMarkJohns
04-24-2014, 04:02 PM
What type of system does Hornacek run, tbh?..

I watched plenty of Suns games this season, but I never took the time to analyze or look into it..I like Hornacek's free-flowing style, but I wasn't impressed with the Suns' late-game plays down the stretch of the season(particularly the Morris' 3 off the screen that they ran several times without any success in the last few weeks of the season)..

To me it is hybrid of dribble-drive-spread and traditional high post/picNroll.

Needs more star talent down low before it changes. He adapted somewhat to what he had, and like D'Antoni turned castoffs into quality offensive weapons through spacing, complementary skills, and reaction-based motion.

Problem is, this team lacks defense across the board at every position, so it'll need to supplement, much like the 2010 team in order to make the next jump, or, similar to D'Antoni, Hornacek will fall victim to teams incapable of sustaining leads, sporadic droughts, bad defense and rebounding.

I think he has it. Unlike D'Antoni, Hornacek actually developed a bench and ran 9+1 rotation nightly.

Rick Santorum
04-24-2014, 07:44 PM
:lol Philibeaner is still a below average coach
:lol him being ranked top 4

Franklin
04-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Mono you were one of the leading criticizers of Carlisle back in the day when the Mavs were ringless, I remember you even set your title as "fire Carlisle" at one time.

FkLA
04-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Carlisle is Top 3 for sure, not sure it's laughable to have Thibs ahead of him though.

Franklin
04-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Carlisle is top 3 without no doubt, but it's only because most legendary coaches have already retired (Phil, Sloan, Riley, Don Nelson etc...). Ricks is unarguably the best of HIS generation though.