PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Can a tech foul be called after the final horn?

MultiTroll
04-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Those of us who witnessed Tony Allens moronic foul on WestChimp with 0.9 seconds to play and a 4 pt lead gave OCK Thunderefs a chance.
In what was otherwise a game OKC could not win, down 4 with less then a second to play.

WestChimp makes the first, misses the 2nd, so now it's going to take an on purpose miss and trey by OKC.
'Chimp misses, benchee for Grizz Ed Davis tips the rebound and the Grizz win.

But hold on, the cameras show ever the hood rat Tony Allen saying something to the ref.
No don't get me wrong, maybe Allen said "good call" or "my bad" or somesuch.
I am in no way inferring Allen did say anything tech worthy.

But it brought up the question,
a. Could a ref, in events that occur after the final horn, call a technical foul?
b. Has it ever happened?
c. Has it ever changed which team won the game?

TampaDude
04-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Those of us who witnessed Tony Allens moronic foul on WestChimp with 0.9 seconds to play and a 4 pt lead gave OCK Thunderefs a chance.
In what was otherwise a game OKC could not win, down 4 with less then a second to play.

WestChimp makes the first, misses the 2nd, so now it's going to take an on purpose miss and trey by OKC.
'Chimp misses, benchee for Grizz Ed Davis tips the rebound and the Grizz win.

But hold on, the cameras show ever the Hood Rat Tony Allen saying something to the ref.
No don't get me wrong, maybe Allen said "good call" or "my bad" or somesuch.
I am in no way inferring Allen did say anything tech worthy.

But it brought up the question,
a. Could a ref, in events that occur after the final horn, call a technical foul?
b. Has it ever happened.
c. Has it ever changed which team won the game?

a. No, the game is over.
b. No
c. No

DAF86
04-24-2014, 10:20 PM
So, what do we do now with this thread?

Here's a cat playing an electric guitar.

http://ns2.elhacker.net/timofonica/fotos/animales/fotos-divertidas-animales.jpg

ElNono
04-24-2014, 10:21 PM
:lol

mercos
04-24-2014, 11:16 PM
If it was possible, Tony Allen surely would have pulled it off tonight.

jag
04-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Yes. Then the refs round up all the players and allow the other team to shoot a free throw for a game that is already over.

monosylab1k
04-25-2014, 12:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDs9jy8VNhU

Kidd K
04-25-2014, 01:11 AM
Tbh, they have changed rules to benefit OKC already in the last game. Like how apparently play doesn't stop after a shot clock violation if you have a fast break happening after the 24. . if you're wearing an OKC jersey.

Wouldn't put it past them to do that, or give OKC the FTA to start the next game :lol

GenuineLakerfan
04-25-2014, 01:47 AM
So, what do we do now with this thread?

Here's a cat playing an electric guitar.

http://ns2.elhacker.net/timofonica/fotos/animales/fotos-divertidas-animales.jpg

:lmao

testies
04-25-2014, 02:25 AM
tony allen is one of the dumbest players in NBA... it was so great when he was shooting bricks last year against us

MultiTroll
04-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Yes. Then the refs round up all the players and allow the other team to shoot a free throw for a game that is already over.
When did that happen?

Thing is, if you multis are correct in your absolute guessing, then what is to stop players from constantly telling refs to f off right after the final horn?
Probably some fine for ref abuse or somesuch.
But still, you haven't answered the q.

Seventyniner
04-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Just imagine if the refs ever have to go to replay to decide if the clock had gone off before a player cursed the ref out. How much of a mf-bomb do you have to get out before the clock hits zeros for it to count?

MultiTroll
04-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Just imagine if the refs ever have to go to replay to decide if the clock had gone off before a player cursed the ref out. How much of a mf-bomb do you have to get out before the clock hits zeros for it to count?
To some of the refs credit, they initially walk away such as when NoBitchski was whining for another of his bogus free throws in Game 2 and the ref walked away.
NoBitchski followed him and continued his PMSing so the ref rang him up.

Yeah a replay to determine when a would-be tech for bitching would be epic. :lol

Seventyniner
04-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Yeah a replay to determine when a would-be tech for bitching would be epic. :lol

If a player is cursing out a ref, their team is probably behind anyway so a tech shouldn't matter.

The only game-altering instance I can think of is this:
1) the teams are tied
2) player A takes a jumper with about 2 seconds left
3) player A feels a hit on his arm as he releases the shot (but no foul is called)
4) player A then sees his shot miss and instantly starts cursing the ref just before the clock runs out
5) ref T's up player A so the other team gets a FT to win in regulation

Edit: back to the drawing board. This situation doesn't work. The ref can T up the player after the clock runs out because the game isn't over yet. Then again, would the other team get one FT to win in regulation, or do they just get the one FT before OT starts? I believe it's the latter.

dallasmaverickslose
04-25-2014, 01:27 PM
*facepalm*

DAF86
04-25-2014, 05:19 PM
They deleted my tittie post. We can't see them but they're among us.