PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Biggest surprise to the playoffs so far?

spursfan1000
04-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Memphis 2 Thunder 1
Blazers 2 Rockets 0
Bulls 0 Wizards 2
Pacers 1 Hawks 2

Im really not sure.

ElNono
04-24-2014, 11:35 PM
You can also add Hawks 2 Pacer 1, tbh

Considering stakes/expectations, I think Blazers-Rockets takes the cake... heck, Portland is looking at a sweep at home...

IrisHockey
04-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Where the fuck is Cubby?

DD
04-24-2014, 11:58 PM
Definitely Blazers-Rockets for me. I underestimated how mentally weak Houston could be. Not even a Portland split will save them now...they straight up need to win both in Portland. Kinda crazy to think Dwight Howard's last playoff win was Game 5 of the 2011 first round against the Hawks--iirc

Brunodf
04-25-2014, 12:15 AM
Mavs 1-1

Venti Quattro
04-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Definitely Blazers-Rockets for me. I underestimated how mentally weak Houston could be. Not even a Portland split will save them now...they straight up need to win both in Portland. Kinda crazy to think Dwight Howard's last playoff win was Game 5 of the 2011 first round against the Hawks--iirc

Bulls-Wiz for me. I kinda expected the H-Town vs Rip City series to go down to close games and LMA has been the difference in the series, bar none. Nothing really surprising because everybody already knew Dwight and Harden's playoff colors. I vastly underestimated DC. I thought they were just happy to be in the PO's and would roll down for the Bulls.

Thebesteva
04-25-2014, 12:27 AM
LOL OP conveniently leaving out Spurs 1-1 series.

Mugen
04-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Home teams choking tbh

HI-FI
04-25-2014, 12:30 AM
biggest surprise was how much the new CBA would defang the Lakers while making the NBA an overall better product.

Malik Hairston
04-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Rockets-Blazers and it isn't even close, tbh..

Say what you want about Houston, but a higher seed losing both home games to a lower-seeded team in the 1st round is embarrassing, tbh(I know the Bulls did it as well, but they have virtually no offensive talent)..

Gummi Clutch
04-25-2014, 12:40 AM
^ This dumbfuck :lol

With the talent disparity being as wide as it is in the east, it is downright comical for the pacers to be pummeled this way. The Hawks, a team that was projected to be one of the worst in the league, missing their best player, is completely disrespecting Indiana with their play. Its one thing to be pulling out an upset win with both teams grinding it out, but Atlanta just unleashes its load onto Indy and expects them to lick it off too. This would definitely be one of the greatest upsets ever if pulled off.

Robz4000
04-25-2014, 12:43 AM
Houston-Portland

Clipper Nation
04-25-2014, 12:44 AM
People are actually surprised by Rockets/Blazers? Harden choking in the playoffs really isn't a surprise....

sook
04-25-2014, 12:49 AM
The biggest surprise was when the rockets had enough, fired McHale, hired another doofus like Kerr..and then went onto win the next 4 games against Portland. Ahh yes...a series to remember.

99 Problems
04-25-2014, 12:49 AM
The Wiz. Spose they have a Spur coach on the bench doing his thing.

spursfan1000
04-25-2014, 12:59 AM
LOL OP conveniently leaving out Spurs 1-1 series.
Dallas winning isnt much of a surprise tbh

Thebesteva
04-25-2014, 01:06 AM

Really? The 8th beating the dominant 1st seed isnt a surprise all of a sudden?

Strange Love
04-25-2014, 01:06 AM

you still should have added them

spurs looked completely dominated. they looked like shite in game one and barely scraped the win and got pummeled in game 2

get ready to grab onto your ankles cuz dirk is going to put his german babies into duncans cucky self, boy

spurraider21
04-25-2014, 01:10 AM
Really? The 8th beating the dominant 1st seed isnt a surprise all of a sudden?
its 1-1... all of the series listed in the OP are underseeds leading the favorites

if dallas goes up 2-1 this list will be edited

Kidd K
04-25-2014, 01:15 AM
Tbh I don't see how a 1-1 is surprising. Only 2-1s and 2-0s count atm.

That said its either Indiana or Rockets being down. Rockets I guess you can say okay their opponent is great so its not a big deal. . .but they lost two home games.

Pacers being down and looking like shit is though. SA will be up there IF they lose game 3.

baseline bum
04-25-2014, 01:15 AM
Gotta be the Blazers. LOL Aldridge averaging 40+ PPG against a team that can throw Howard and Asik against him. How the fuck does that happen?

I don't know why anyone would be surprised at Atlanta over Indiana. Hibbert's career is going down the shitter unlike any other I have ever seen not involving drug addiction.

Thebesteva
04-25-2014, 01:17 AM
its 1-1... all of the series listed in the OP are underseeds leading the favorites

if dallas goes up 2-1 this list will be edited

Its still been a huge shock for everyone Artur. The Spurs looked very dominant in the regular season, and once again they are failing in the post. They barely won game 1 and lost game 2 dominantly.

baseline bum
04-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Its still been a huge shock for everyone Artur. The Spurs looked very dominant in the regular season, and once again they are failing in the post. They barely won game 1 and lost game 2 dominantly.

OKC down 2-1 is way more shocking than the Spurs-Mavs tied at 1-1

spurraider21
04-25-2014, 01:26 AM
sounds like last year's warriors series where it took a miracle 15 point 5 minute comeback and 2OT Manu game winner to win game 1, then got blown the fuck out game two.

dg7md
04-25-2014, 01:27 AM
The biggest surprise was when the rockets had enough, fired McHale, hired another doofus like Kerr..and then went onto win the next 4 games against Portland. Ahh yes...a series to remember.

Too early to give up on your team tbh, if they don't dominate the Blazers in game 3 I would say it's over though.

Thebesteva
04-25-2014, 01:35 AM
OKC down 2-1 is way more shocking than the Spurs-Mavs tied at 1-1

Yes I agree, but the thread title is biggest surprises so far and the OP is focusing on around the league. It is pure DENIAL for spurs fans to not be shocked at the sub par performance.

spurraider21
04-25-2014, 01:44 AM
Yes I agree, but the thread title is biggest surprises so far and the OP is focusing on around the league. It is pure DENIAL for spurs fans to not be shocked at the sub par performance.
he's not gna list 5-6 out of 8 series tbh

Clipper Nation
04-25-2014, 01:45 AM
The Korean-Italian-Armenian is mad as fuck ITT....

Thebesteva
04-25-2014, 01:46 AM
The Korean-Italian-Armenian is mad as fuck ITT....

Italian Armenian found your high school photos

http://2.images.tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/2013/09/blackcock.jpg

Thebesteva
04-25-2014, 01:48 AM
I am a singing at the party. Everybody dancing, happy party. But spurraider21 is not dancing he does not dance at the party

Chris
04-25-2014, 01:49 AM
Definitely the Wizards going 2-0 agains't Thib's Bulls

HI-FI
04-25-2014, 01:55 AM
I'd say Spursfan aren't happy about it, but Spurs are always a strange animal, especially in the playoffs. There aren't any real superstars on the team, maybe Enrique but he gets shutdown easily. Rather they're a sum of their parts and execute better than anyone else, but it doesn't mean they can't get discombobulated at times.

If Mavs win then it's time for Spurs to take a new approach, but I don't these Spurs are going down easily, not at this stage.

overall most shocking so far would be 1)Rockets/Blazers. I didn't expect Rockets to give up 2 games already. 2)OKC/Grizz. I figured this would be a dogfight but Grizz are much tougher than people realized. 3)Wiz/Bulls. Wiz are looking pretty good, especially for the East.

spurraider21
04-25-2014, 01:58 AM
Indiana is the most shocking. Even with their late season meltdown, nobody thought Atlanta would give them a run for their money like this. Portland-houston is surprising as well, but its a 4-5 matchup, and neither team is really battle tested in the postseason, so anything could happen

Thebesteva
04-25-2014, 01:58 AM
I'd say Spursfan aren't happy about it, but Spurs are always a strange animal, especially in the playoffs. There aren't any real superstars on the team, maybe Enrique but he gets shutdown easily. Rather they're a sum of their parts and execute better than anyone else, but it doesn't mean they can't get discombobulated at times.

If Mavs win then it's time for Spurs to take a new approach, but I don't these Spurs are going down easily, not at this stage.

overall most shocking so far would be 1)Rockets/Blazers. I didn't expect Rockets to give up 2 games already. 2)OKC/Grizz. I figured this would be a dogfight but Grizz are much tougher than people realized. 3)Wiz/Bulls. Wiz are looking pretty good, especially for the East.

I suppose we'll see tomorrow if this is just another Spurs acting odd phase or not. I am dissapointed as Miami is probably jizzing all over themselves at another easy road to the trophy.

spurraider21
04-25-2014, 02:02 AM
weird scheduling. spurs-mavs getting 2 nights off between each game, Memphis-Meth only getting 1 night off between each game

ElNono
04-25-2014, 02:04 AM

tbh, in the last 10 years or so, we've split the first two games at home in the 1st round like half the time... we ended up winning the series most of the times, but 1-1 shouldn't really be shocking. Plus it's Dallas here, not Utah or some scrub team like that.

ElNono
04-25-2014, 02:06 AM
Indiana's shitfest I didn't really expect, but they've been laying eggs since the ASG, so you kinda got a warning... Rockets dropping both home games is worse

Sean Cagney
04-25-2014, 02:14 AM
Where the fuck is Cubby?
Who gives a fucking shit, his team is at home as his silly ass is..........

Thebesteva
04-25-2014, 02:15 AM
tbh, in the last 10 years or so, we've split the first two games at home in the 1st round like half the time... we ended up winning the series most of the times, but 1-1 shouldn't really be shocking. Plus it's Dallas here, not Utah or some scrub team like that.

8th seed tho. I would actually be happy to see Spurs win over Miami, it would bring actual joy to my purple and gold heart. No homo

ElNono
04-25-2014, 02:21 AM
8th seed tho. I would actually be happy to see Spurs win over Miami, it would bring actual joy to my purple and gold heart. No homo

sure, but it's not the east 8th seed. I mean, Dallas won almost 50 games. No excuses though, Spurs should get their heads out of their asses and play a lot better.

TheyCallMePro
04-25-2014, 02:22 AM
Memphis and it's not even close. They have no offense. They don't even attempt 3's. And OKC has 10x more talent across the board than they do. And yet they're up 2-1. Just incredible. I'm literally shocked. I can't imagine them winning another game. But then again, I couldn't imagine them winning either of these last 2 games and they did somehow. Still have OKC in 6 though.

Second biggest surprise is Portland. Houston has a better bench, the best player on the court (Harden), more talent overall, AND home court advantage. Yet they're down 0-2 to a young Portland team with little to no playoff experience. I guess I'm surprised because I didn't see Harden choking this badly, even know we've seen it from him before...(2012 Finals vs Heat). But I guess I should have figured with Dwight Howard in the line-up something had to go wrong for them.

And third...gotta go with Dallas being tied up 1-1 with my beloved Spurs. We just haven't played with any kind of defensive intensity in the first 2 games. And we've gone away from what makes us great--our depth and ball movement. I expected our role players to struggle...but not with Dallas. They're all a bunch of old guys too. They shouldn't be able to guard us. And we should be able to shut them down defensively. Very disappointing...and unfortunately, surprising.

dg7md
04-25-2014, 02:54 AM
Definitely the Thunder/Grizzlies series tbh.

I saw the Rockets/Blazers series as a toss-up, the two teams are virtually in the same placement in the standings. I figured the Mavs/Spurs would go to six so I'm not really surprised its split.

I had no idea the Thunder would falter like this...

sook
04-25-2014, 02:57 AM
Too early to give up on your team tbh, if they don't dominate the Blazers in game 3 I would say it's over though.

Mchale hasn't even tried doubling Aldridge yet...that sort of incompetency is mind boggling.

This doesn't exactly instill much confidence either: http://instagram.com/p/nKXQ_RIYnB/#

dg7md
04-25-2014, 03:47 AM
Mchale hasn't even tried doubling Aldridge yet...that sort of incompetency is mind boggling.

This doesn't exactly instill much confidence either: http://instagram.com/p/nKXQ_RIYnB/#

:lol How is that mummified zombie a head coach of a possible title contender?

Franklin
04-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Guest team leading the series 2-0 over the Rockets surprised me most of all. The Guests played rather poor since february, dropping to the 5th and having to fight the first round without HCA, but now they look like a different team.

Strange Love
04-25-2014, 05:14 AM
I suppose we'll see tomorrow if this is just another Spurs acting odd phase or not. I am dissapointed as Miami is probably jizzing all over themselves at another easy road to the trophy.

look for a blowout tomorrow favoring the spurs

dont think them mavs have enough fire power to take these spurs in a series. wont happen