PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to Diaw

dallasmaverickslose
04-25-2014, 12:23 AM
I mean for the longest time this season, 2013-2014 Diaw was a night and day difference over the 2012-2013 version. Until these past few weeks. I mean what happened? And can/will he revert back to the stellar ball he was playing earlier?

Boomersgold
04-25-2014, 01:12 AM
Hasn't just 'happened' to Diaw. Mills, Bellineli, Kawhi and Green. The whole team, barring Manu, Duncan and Parker, is struggling. You can't just bench the whole team, so Pop has no choice but to continue playing them and hope that they get out of their slumps.

Sean Cagney
04-25-2014, 02:12 AM
Hasn't just 'happened' to Diaw. Mills, Bellineli, Kawhi and Green. The whole team, barring Manu, Duncan and Parker, are struggling. You can't just bench the whole team, so Pop has no choice but to continue playing them and hope that they get out of their slumps.

GOT DAMN I miss a Bowen, Horry and Barry. Those type of role guys who stepped up during the damn playoffs on end. Now we have some clowns alot of times who just go away. I know our big three is not the prime big three anymore, but damn I miss our role players.

timtonymanu
04-25-2014, 02:21 AM
GOT DAMN I miss a Bowen, Horry and Barry. Those type of role guys who stepped up during the damn playoffs on end. Now we have some clowns alot of times who just go away. I know our big three is not the prime big three anymore, but damn I miss our role players.

The Spurs still have some solid role players in Green, Splitter, and Diaw. Leonard is likely to be better than any of Bowen, Horry, and Barry tbh.

Sean Cagney
04-25-2014, 02:33 AM
The Spurs still have some solid role players in Green, Splitter, and Diaw. Leonard is likely to be better than any of Bowen, Horry, and Barry tbh.

I agree some good role players! Leonard might be an all star one day! Lets see in the big games how they show up this year though, that is key! If so then they earn their stripes! Beli and Mills though so far have been horrible, they need to step it up a WHOLE NOTCH.

THE PROBLEM is the BIG three not all in their prime anymore, Tim is not what he was in 07 anymore nor is Manu! The role players can help yes, but Tim is not going to turn the clock back like he did last year and nearly carry them to a title! Role players are key yes, but the Stars win the big games IMO.

TE
04-25-2014, 04:09 AM
Maybe fatigue? He did play in the summer.

rascal
04-25-2014, 04:44 AM
Hasn't just 'happened' to Diaw. Mills, Bellineli, Kawhi and Green. The whole team, barring Manu, Duncan and Parker, is struggling. You can't just bench the whole team, so Pop has no choice but to continue playing them and hope that they get out of their slumps.

Can't count on role players in the playoffs, that is why they are role players.

rascal
04-25-2014, 04:46 AM
I agree some good role players! Leonard might be an all star one day! Lets see in the big games how they show up this year though, that is key! If so then they earn their stripes! Beli and Mills though so far have been horrible, they need to step it up a WHOLE NOTCH.

THE PROBLEM is the BIG three not all in their prime anymore, Tim is not what he was in 07 anymore nor is Manu! The role players can help yes, but Tim is not going to turn the clock back like he did last year and nearly carry them to a title! Role players are key yes, but the Stars win the big games IMO.

Duncan looked great in the first game and sure can carry the team because that is exactly what he is going to do.

siraulo23
04-25-2014, 05:41 AM

green/kawhi have been HUGE the last couple of years

but it starts with the 'big' 3, especially tony parker, he's got to get going for the role players to find their groove

weebo
04-25-2014, 07:19 AM
Obviously everyone needs to step it up, but Kawhi needs to really step it up...

Sean Cagney
04-25-2014, 01:28 PM
green/kawhi have been HUGE the last couple of years

but it starts with the 'big' 3, especially tony parker, he's got to get going for the role players to find their groove

Agreed on where it starts.

skulls138
04-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Diaw is passive by default. He always reverts back to it if you let him.

dallasmaverickslose
04-25-2014, 05:07 PM
:depressed

TheRemix
04-25-2014, 05:09 PM
what the hell happened to the bench is what you mean