PDA

View Full Version : Pop's Legacy on the line,,,,

HemisfairArena
04-25-2014, 11:23 PM
No top 5 coach in NBA history( Phil Jackson, Auerbach, Riley, and Daly) have ever benched their franchise player with a title on the line and a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to. They have all guided their teams to back to back titles. Also none of them have ever lost as a 1 seed to an 8 seed,,,,Popovich about to do it twice. Even Spoelstra knows how to defend titles and not bench his franchise. How fitting would it be Pop winning COTY and Spurs#1 seed overall and going out,,,,again,,,,to an 8th seed?

z0sa
04-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Commas arent periods tbh

Dex
04-25-2014, 11:35 PM
You already made one "sky is falling" thread.

You are pushing your quota, tbh.

Blake
04-25-2014, 11:38 PM
I still remember one of the years without Jordan in the playoffs where Jackson ran the last second play for Kukoc instead of Pippen and it failed.

HemisfairArena
04-25-2014, 11:43 PM
I still remember one of the years without Jordan in the playoffs where Jackson ran the last second play for Kukoc instead of Pippen and it failed.

I remember Phil Jackson guiding the Bulls to 50+ wins and the Eastern Conference Finals during Jordan's "retirement" years,,,,you think Pop could do the same without Duncan?,,,,,LMAO,,,,Pop having trouble with an 8th seed and a healthy roster.

BillMc
04-25-2014, 11:48 PM

If you're remembering the play I think you are, Pippen pouted and refused to come off the bench because it was not designed for him. Then Kukoc hit the winner. It did not fail. It won the game. That was a fairly famous play in the playoffs.

Of course, you may be referring to something else I don't recall.

look_at_g_shred
04-26-2014, 12:43 AM
Fuck up and no it's not.

z0sa
04-26-2014, 12:45 AM
If you're remembering the play I think you are, Pippen pouted and refused to come off the bench because it was not designed for him. Then Kukoc hit the winner. It did not fail. It won the game. That was a fairly famous play in the playoffs.

Of course, you may be referring to something else I don't recall.

yeah, 94 vs knicks.

Sean Cagney
04-26-2014, 12:52 AM

Stop posting your memories man, please.

spurs10
04-26-2014, 12:52 AM
No top 5 coach in NBA history( Phil Jackson, Auerbach, Riley, and Daly) have ever benched their franchise player with a title on the line and a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to. They have all guided their teams to back to back titles. Also none of them have ever lost as a 1 seed to an 8 seed,,,,Popovich about to do it twice. Even Spoelstra knows how to defend titles and not bench his franchise. How fitting would it be Pop winning COTY and Spurs#1 seed overall and going out,,,,again,,,,to an 8th seed? Well, one thing we know for sure is that compared to you Pop is a brilliant man,,,,,

Splits
04-26-2014, 01:02 AM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fuck-this-thing-cat.gif

therealtruth
04-26-2014, 06:30 AM
Don't forget the PJ got jobbed in '94 by the refs otherwise he could have probably made the Finals.

04-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Don't forget the PJ got jobbed in '94 by the refs otherwise he could have probably made the Finals.

One of the worst calls ever! And, I hate the Bulls!

cd98
04-26-2014, 12:18 PM
4 championships=untouchable legacy. Hell Chuck Daily was a hero for only two.

moisaenz
04-26-2014, 12:25 PM
POP left timmy on the bench cause he did not want timmy to retire after winning his 5th, hence completing his master plan on winning COTY.

dallasmaverickslose
04-26-2014, 12:28 PM
No top 5 coach in NBA history( Phil Jackson, Auerbach, Riley, and Daly) have ever benched their franchise player with a title on the line and a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to. They have all guided their teams to back to back titles. Also none of them have ever lost as a 1 seed to an 8 seed,,,,Popovich about to do it twice. Even Spoelstra knows how to defend titles and not bench his franchise. How fitting would it be Pop winning COTY and Spurs#1 seed overall and going out,,,,again,,,,to an 8th seed?

Dear HemisfairArena,

Please stop posting.

Sincerely,

99.999999999% of ST

DarrinS
04-26-2014, 12:29 PM
The OP's legacy as worst poster on ST is cemented.

spurs10
04-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Dear HemisfairArena,

Please stop posting.

Sincerely,

99.999999999% of ST
:lol If this :troll is who I think it is, then I hope you are well and will see a :lobt2:in your near future. If not, then please stop,,,,,

dallasmaverickslose
04-26-2014, 12:42 PM
:lol If this :troll is who I think it is, then I hope you are well and will see a :lobt2:in your near future. If not, then please stop,,,,,

Who, me or HemisfairArena?

purist
04-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Freakin idiot. Unappreciative bastards. From your online name I would assume you have a long enough memory to remember a coach that really was overrated (Doug moe). One day spurs fan will long for the days of popovich. So quit being such a little whiney bitch and support your team.

EVAY
04-26-2014, 12:59 PM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fuck-this-thing-cat.gif

:lol:lol:toast

Outstanding!!

td4mvp2k
04-26-2014, 01:04 PM
:lol gentry hollins brooks spo jim... SOB shooda went out in 07 tbh

spurs10
04-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Who, me or HemisfairArena? Sorry, I meant Hemisphere...:toast He's got to be kidding,,,,

therealtruth
04-26-2014, 01:21 PM
4 championships=untouchable legacy. Hell Chuck Daily was a hero for only two.

He won back to back though. Even Rudy T got back-to-back.

cd98
04-26-2014, 01:56 PM
He won back to back though. Even Rudy T got back-to-back.

Would you rather win 2 titles back to back or four non consecutive titles? Two titles in two years said your team had a short window, 4 over various years with different teams playing different styles means you are one hell of a coach, not just one that had a good team for two years.

3 Legged Dog
04-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Pop shit the bed in the finals and now he's getting embarrassed by Rick Carlisle. Heavy sigh

therealtruth
04-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Would you rather win 2 titles back to back or four non consecutive titles? Two titles in two years said your team had a short window, 4 over various years with different teams playing different styles means you are one hell of a coach, not just one that had a good team for two years.

Yeah. But just don't expect to get called dynasty.

dg7md
04-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Nobody will really put this one on Pop in the media, he's still regarded as the best coach despite some risky decisions, which, if the ball bounced our way, he'd be alluded to as a genius.

HemisfairArena
04-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks for proving me right again, Pop. I thought getting out-coached and swept by a journeyman like Alvin Gentry and the Suns would have been the pinnacle of your overrated career but losing twice to an 8th seed as a 1 seed will eclipse that,,,,congrats.

RD2191
04-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Overrated and his fluke system has been exposed, again.

therealtruth
04-26-2014, 07:20 PM
It's looking like Carslile has the coaching advantage. He's become a better coach since we beat him in '10.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Pop is beloved by the media and non-Spurs fans for 3 reasons, tbh:

- His shtick with the media
- His unorthodox willingness to bench star players in meaningless regular season games
- The fact that no Spurs players are considered interesting, so the media has made Pop the "star" of the team

For those reasons, his legacy will always be safe, despite his many flaws and failures as a coach, tbh..

poeticism707
04-26-2014, 08:26 PM

Poster of the month, repping per par.

Pop chocked away Number 5 in June, and he's about to choke TD away as well. If the Spurs lose in the first round, after the masterful reg. season they had, you can bet TD will retire quick as lightening, as he'll be fed up with being surrounded by losers.

Pop is halfway to that choke becoming a reality.

HI-FI
04-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Pop is beloved by the media and non-Spurs fans for 3 reasons, tbh:

- His shtick with the media
- His unorthodox willingness to bench star players in meaningless regular season games
- The fact that no Spurs players are considered interesting, so the media has made Pop the "star" of the team

For those reasons, his legacy will always be safe, despite his many flaws and failures as a coach, tbh..
I still hated how before the Finals last year, he said he doesn't care about his legacy, that it will be about "food and wine". just false modesty and bs. He cares. He knows his legacy will take a massive hit if Spurs blow this one. If 6 fucked his psyche up as reported, he better get his shit together quick because this is about the worst way to go out. I hope for his sake he doesn't choke because I think it would fuck him up badly, not just the Spurs.

Budkin
04-26-2014, 09:09 PM
I still hated how before the Finals last year, he said he doesn't care about his legacy, that it will be about "food and wine". just false modesty and bs. He cares. He knows his legacy will take a massive hit if Spurs blow this one. If 6 fucked his psyche up as reported, he better get his shit together quick because this is about the worst way to go out. I hope for his sake he doesn't choke because I think it would fuck him up badly, not just the Spurs.

Nothing is worse than having the title literally taken out of your hands. We aren't even sniffing it right now.

HemisfairArena
04-26-2014, 09:23 PM

Maybe I give him a dollar when I see him passed out on the corner with an empty wine bottle in his hand,,,,maybe I don't,,,,life is full of mysteries.

Thebesteva
04-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Commas arent periods tbh

:lol OP with the bads

HemisfairArena
04-26-2014, 09:39 PM
:lol OP with the bads

bads?,,,,I'm the worst poster of all time,,,,tell me something I don't know. In fact,,,,I will even say this,,,,if I ever get bolded,,,I will never post here again. It would be a slap in the face to all the posters who put in the effort and skill to get there. You should do the same,,,,tbh.

Kool Bob Love
05-04-2014, 09:12 PM

12 more to go for this old fuck.

dallasmaverickslose
05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Good one OP

heyheymymy
05-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Commas arent periods tbh

this please.

HemisfairArena
05-04-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm the worst poster on Spurs Talk,,,,and its not even close,,,,tbh.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2014, 09:27 PM
No top 5 coach in NBA history( Phil Jackson, Auerbach, Riley, and Daly) have ever benched their franchise player with a title on the line and a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to. They have all guided their teams to back to back titles. Also none of them have ever lost as a 1 seed to an 8 seed,,,,Popovich about to do it twice. Even Spoelstra knows how to defend titles and not bench his franchise. How fitting would it be Pop winning COTY and Spurs#1 seed overall and going out,,,,again,,,,to an 8th seed?lol hoping the Spurs lose so you can bump your thread.

T Park
05-04-2014, 09:29 PM
I love the one post professing to know what Pop "really" thinks.
That's really amusing....

HemisfairArena
05-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Damn you all,,,,damn you to hell.