PDA

View Full Version : Is it weird that I STILL trust Manu over Parker when the game is on the line?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Parker is our best scorer, and in his prime.. but I cannot help but cringe when he has the ball at the end. Manu, no matter how much he fucks up (game 6) I still expect him to make the game winners...

I can't be alone, can I?

kuato
04-26-2014, 06:28 PM
If you know how to play basketball you know that Manu is the best team player, he doesn't needs to score to contribute with the team.

Johnny RIngo
04-26-2014, 06:31 PM
No, it's not weird. Parker never was the best or even second best player on any of our title teams. He's always been a great regular season player but a choke artist in the playoffs. 2004, 2006, 2013 were all winnable years for the Spurs and Parker grossly under-performed against the Lakers, Mavs, and Heat. Parker's overall shittiness is why I'd never take the Spurs big 3 over other historic big 3s in NBA history. He just doesn't measure up. Duncan and Manu were both great in their primes. Tony's prime consists of disappearing against the Heat and the 8th seeded Mavs and relying on our 40 year old HOFer to continue carrying us.