PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Nothing fluky about this

Ghazi
04-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Mavs are +17 through 144 minutes...and based on the eyeball test, the Spurs are unable to exert their will and the mavs simply have playmakers... Totally shocked but happy with the series so far

Ghazi
04-26-2014, 06:32 PM
I was wrong about Ellis. Man his speed and playmaking is huge..this backcourt the Mavs have is just so skilled offensively

DPG21920
04-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Not to get into an argument, but it's incredibly fluky actually. I could post stats, metrics & analysis but it doesn't matter. Worried, but Spurs have plenty of room to improve with things fully under their control.

ElNono
I was wrong about Ellis. Man his speed and playmaking is huge..this backcourt the Mavs have is just so skilled offensively

On the other thread you said the Mavs couldn't win this series...

Arnold Toht
As long as Duncan doesn't ring.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-26-2014, 06:35 PM
That sp!c Calderon making 29 footers n shit is a fluke tho

HI-FI
04-26-2014, 06:36 PM
isn't that Enrique's guy? nothing fluky about it.

Ghazi
04-26-2014, 06:38 PM
I dunno man... Based on regular season stats this is an aberratiom but my eyes say the mavs are the better team. 22 turnovers? Not a fluke, playing bad. vc hitting a 3? Not a fluke, mavs playing well

Ghazi
04-26-2014, 06:39 PM
I shouldnt say better team, but far more evenly matched than we thought

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2014, 06:41 PM

nothing flukey about calderon, his a efficient shooter who only takes shots when he knows he make it, unlike the trigger happy hero who thinks he has a jumpshot

u cant allow effiecient guys or low volume sharp shooters like calderon open on the floor anywhere...

enrique with or without his offensive game, offers nothing on the defensive end once again like his whole career, exposed as usual on defense.....

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Harris crashed back down to earth if Calderon joins him this shit won't go down so smooth

Expert
04-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Spurs haven't really shown up yet. Their bench carried them through much of the regular season but the bench has been suspiciously absent in the post season.

DPG21920
04-26-2014, 06:58 PM
It's really pointless to discuss in this context. Very fluky. But Mavs playing incredible. Maxed out all things considered. Spurs lots of opportunity to improve.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2014, 07:14 PM
It's really pointless to discuss in this context. Very fluky. But Mavs playing incredible. Maxed out all things considered. Spurs lots of opportunity to improve.

low scoring possession game we couldnt win

high scoring possession game we couldnt win

what else is there to do besides pulling up the white flag and bending over for that backdoor sweep

Gummi Clutch
04-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Spurs are just a classy team giving the mavs something after an incredibly shitty season, because as we all know, Allas has no chance of winning this series.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Spurs are just a classy team giving the mavs something after an incredibly shitty season, because as we all know, Allas has no chance of winning this series.

whether the mavs win or not this series, they have clearly showed some tactics how to stop the spurs...the same fkn method from day 1 how to stop a no jumpshot pg, stop him and u stop the spurs

Mori Chu
04-26-2014, 07:23 PM
I was wrong bout dem Mavs. I still think they'll choke away the series, but these three games so far have been very impressive.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2014, 07:26 PM
seriously they are just making the shots they are meant to make

even with a shitty game from dirk, u telling me the spurs still couldnt overcome the mavs?

Technique
04-26-2014, 07:26 PM
A wild mav fan appears!

Gummi Clutch
04-26-2014, 07:30 PM
cuckold

spurraider21
04-26-2014, 07:31 PM
a buzzer beating game winning contested 3 while falling out of bounds is definitely never flukey tbh

ImDaNuts
04-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Spurs probably the most overrated #1 seed next to the Pacers in recent history.

Spurs9
04-26-2014, 07:35 PM
I'm not even mad, that was a great shot under good defense.

04-26-2014, 07:37 PM
In other news, your team is on the verge of going down 1-3

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2014, 07:38 PM
one thing thats flukey is enriques empty stats, puttin up numbers, while giving up double on the other end

so he wasnt subbed in for that last defensive play but cojo got the call-in

so enrique fans and the french legion tell me, enriques defense is even below cojo? damn.....still believing in this clown?

Mal
04-26-2014, 07:51 PM
It`s fluky. Mavs cant play any better.

Juggity
04-26-2014, 07:58 PM
Mavs are definitely peaking right now. But Ellis is definitely playing way over his head, as are various other Mavs role players. With the right defensive adjustments, the spurs will have this series in the bag. Depends on whether Pop is able to make these adjustments. I think he will.

TDMVPDPOY
04-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Mavs are definitely peaking right now. But Ellis is definitely playing way over his head, as are various other Mavs role players. With the right defensive adjustments, the spurs will have this series in the bag. Depends on whether Pop is able to make these adjustments. I think he will.

playin over his head or just avg is still better then enrique, stop downplaying under underrating the enemy...

this spurs team is just a system with plug in plug out players specialize in certain aspects lacking in the system...it would make a difference if enrique actually plays defense or any playmaking skills when his offensive game is shut

too many individuals on this team lacking so much in other areas when the team system is not good enough to protect that weakness that turns into an advantage exploit

CitizenDwayne
04-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Nothing fluky about a buzzer beater 3 from 40 year old Vince Carter. Nope, not at all

Leon Black
04-26-2014, 08:45 PM

lol...... i see you're in that denial stage.

Franklin
04-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Mavs are returning what the Warriors did on them in 07 to the Spurs this year. Fluky shots are fluky, but the Warriors won the series which was all that mattered, because it gave us the laughing stock. I usually thought to myself that it would've been great if the Spurs were the 8th seed that year so we would've had direct laughing rights, but too bad our team has always been too classic in Duncan's era to ever drop out of the top 4.

dirk4mvp
04-26-2014, 09:37 PM
I was wrong bout dem Mavs. I still think they'll choke away the series, but these three games so far have been very impressive.

:lmao suns

Leetonidas
04-26-2014, 09:40 PM
And fucktards upstairs tried to tell me Manu was better than Ellis over the summer :lol

Brazil
04-27-2014, 10:22 AM
And fucktards upstairs tried to tell me Manu was better than Ellis over the summer :lol

:lol ya that was gold

Robz4000
04-27-2014, 10:33 AM
:lol Spurs
:lol getting 8'd
:lol again
:lol no excuses this time
:lol Pop
:lol MVEnrique
etc

rascal
04-27-2014, 10:37 AM

0-8 against Houston and OK City combined should have raised more concerns about how good the Spurs really are.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Mavs will win this series. Gonna be heartbreaking to be the only franchise in NBA history to lose to an 8th seed....twice.

Venti Quattro
04-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Mavs will win this series. Gonna be heartbreaking to be the only franchise in NBA history to lose to an 8th seed....twice.
If the Mavs undo their own debacle against the #1 fanbase that talked so much shit against them, could Spurs fans live that down?

SA was another fluke from being down 0-3 :lmao

Call it fluky but the Mavs just prepared for the Spurs and it's evident. Relying on scrubs to bail your team out in the Playoffs is a death sentence

jeebus
04-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Start the next game thread imo. Maybe Tim's ACLs will explode and put him out of his misery

Malik Hairston
04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
If the Mavs undo their own debacle against the #1 fanbase that talked so much shit against them, could Spurs fans live that down?

SA was another fluke from being down 0-3 :lmao

Call it fluky but the Mavs just prepared for the Spurs and it's evident. Relying on scrubs to bail your team out in the Playoffs is a death sentence

The Mavs aren't forcing the Spurs to rely on scrubs, their strategy is to shut down the role players and force Parker/Duncan/Ginobili to beat them..Pop hasn't adjusted, and Parker hasn't been able to string 2 halves together..

Venti Quattro
04-27-2014, 12:56 PM
The Mavs aren't forcing the Spurs to rely on scrubs, their strategy is to shut down the role players and force Parker/Duncan/Ginobili to beat them..Pop hasn't adjusted, and Parker hasn't been able to string 2 halves together..
Yeah I agree with you. I just feel like the Spurs are still hoping to squeeze out a miracle from guys like Green and Mills who were great during the regular season but have not amounted to shit in the PO's.

Gummi Clutch
04-27-2014, 01:12 PM
The mavs aren't winning another game.

Trainwreck2100
04-27-2014, 01:53 PM

Duncan can beat the, he did in game 1, and now kawhi I playing well. Kawhi is this year's speedy Claxton

Mugen
04-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with a flukey series win tbh.

DAF86
04-27-2014, 02:01 PM

Well, he is. He was during the regular season and he's being better now on the playoffs.

AchillesHeel
04-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Spurs in 7

DAF86
04-27-2014, 02:14 PM
lol all the retarded fucks that keep repeating the "relying on scrubs" shit like the Spurs hadn't been to WCF and NBA finals the last two playoffs runs. :lol

Brazil
04-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Well, he is. He was during the regular season and he's being better now on the playoffs.

Well no

DAF86
04-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Well no

Reg. season

Manu: 22.8 mpg, 12.3 ppg, 47 FG%, 35 3pt%, 85 FT%, 4.3 asst, 3.0 rpg, 1 stl. PER:20.06
Ellis: 36.9 mpg, 19.4 ppg, 45 FG%, 33 3pt%, 78 FT%, 5.7 asst, 3.6 rpg, 1.7 stl. PER:16.83 lol

Playoffs

Manu: 29 mpg, 18.7 ppg, 47 FG%, 50 3pt%, 82 FT%, 4 asst, 4.3 rpg, 1.7 stl
Ellis: 35.7 mpg, 20.3 ppg, 42 FG%, 30 3pt%, 90 FT%, 2.3 asst, 2.3 rpg, 1.7 stl

I guess you can make the excuse that Ellis is able to play more minutes during the season but that doesn't matter much 'cause now when it matters they play more or less the same amount of minutes. In any case the difference isn't big enough to be throwing smilies around, specially when you consider the fit with the Spurs. I doubt Ellis would have done well coming off the bench playing 26 minutes per game. Besides, we already have a chucker with below average height that likes to drible way too much and can't shoot.

Brazil
04-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Reg. season

Manu: 22.8 mpg, 12.3 ppg, 47 FG%, 35 3pt%, 85 FT%, 4.3 asst, 3.0 rpg, 1 stl. PER:20.06
Ellis: 36.9 mpg, 19.4 ppg, 45 FG%, 33 3pt%, 78 FT%, 5.7 asst, 3.6 rpg, 1.7 stl. PER:16.83 lol

Playoffs

Manu: 29 mpg, 18.7 ppg, 47 FG%, 50 3pt%, 82 FT%, 4 asst, 4.3 rpg, 1.7 stl
Ellis: 35.7 mpg, 20.3 ppg, 42 FG%, 30 3pt%, 90 FT%, 2.3 asst, 2.3 rpg, 1.7 stl

I guess you can make the excuse that Ellis is able to play more minutes during the season but that doesn't matter much 'cause now when it matters they play more or less the same amount of minutes. In any case the difference isn't big enough to be throwing smilies around, specially when you consider the fit with the Spurs. I doubt Ellis would have done well coming off the bench playing 26 minutes per game. Besides, we already have a chucker with below average height that likes to drible way too much and can't shoot.

7 min is not the same amount of minutes... Ellis won game 3 for the mavs. He is so annoying that spurs are spending the serie to find solution to defend him .... Green, Manu, Leonard even cojo. If you think Ellis is not much more impactful so far on that serie you are a tool.

Who advocated Ellis playing for the spurs tbh ? Saying he would be better off the bench than Manu ? You are the one bringing the Manu > Ellis which is dumb.

Also nobody brought Parker in that conversation. Parker had a great half and faded while Manu did nothing first half and had a great second half and I :lol ed at those who were blaming manu upstairs. You are just an homer that spend his time rescuing Manu or Messi everywhere.

DAF86
04-27-2014, 04:14 PM
7 min is not the same amount of minutes... Ellis won game 3 for the mavs. He is so annoying that spurs are spending the serie to find solution to defend him .... Green, Manu, Leonard even cojo. If you think Ellis is not much more impactful so far on that serie you are a tool.

Why is he that much more impactful? Because Carter hit that three? If it wasn't for that fluky three everybody would be sucking Manu's balls upstairs. The truth is Manu and Ellis have had a similar impact on the series, the notion is distorted because the Mavs are winning but the numbers don't lie.

Who advocated Ellis playing for the spurs tbh ? Saying he would be better off the bench than Manu ?

You quoted a comment about people telling Manu was better than Ellis during the summer (when he sounded as an option for the team). I think it was more than implied.

You are the one bringing the Manu > Ellis which is dumb.

Numbers say otherwise scro. Dumb is throwing smilies around without checking the facts, imho.

Also nobody brought Parker in that conversation. Parker had a great half and faded while Manu did nothing first half and had a great second half and I :lol ed at those who were blaming manu upstairs. You are just an homer that spend his time rescuing Manu or Messi everywhere.

Manu was pretty solid through the whole season.

P/S: Who brought Parker to the conversation, tbh? :lol

Leetonidas
04-27-2014, 07:07 PM
No one is saying Manu is garbage, don't be an argie homer. Ellis has been better than him overall this season and so far for Dallas in the playoffs

djohn2oo8
04-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Not sure how anyone can call it fluky when the Mavs were a quarter away from being up 3-0.

Arcadian
04-27-2014, 07:11 PM
I knew the Mavs would be a challenge. With Dirk/Ellis/Marion, that's a great core, and they also have solid role players. Not sure why anyone thought they would be a pushover. I thought the Spurs would play better, but at this point I predict Spurs in 7.

Malik Hairston
04-27-2014, 07:22 PM
The Mavs are an above average team with a great coach, tbh, they aren't anything special..this series is more about the choking from the Spurs and Carlisle completely destroying Pop, so far..

Monta Ellis is just an above average player and while Dirk is still great, he can't do it consistently anymore..if the Mavs finish it off, they wouldn't win more than 1 game against Portland IMO..

If the Spurs lose this series, it would be one of the most embarrassing defeats of all-time, tbh..

Franklin
04-28-2014, 05:39 AM
^ If the Mavs could win no more than 1 game against the Guest team then it would only obliquely show how shitty the spurs are. I don't think the loss of one series would mean that much to us, we're still the best team in the league (at least true for the regular season) and we'll always be as long as our big 3 are still balling. The Mavs are designed specifically against us so it'd never surprise me no matter which team wins out in a series between the Mavs and Spurs, despite the regular season records. The Mavs might appear to be an easier opponent than Memphis and Blazers among the teams on the lower half of playoff table, from a very objective point of view, but it is just not true for us. I'm confident that we would've beaten Memphis or Guests in no more than 5 games, but the Mavs are definitely gonna take us a longer time and a prolonged fight (even if we can end up winning this series).

dg7md
04-28-2014, 05:42 AM
:lol at the talk about Vince Carter's shot from the media. It basically shows that his career has been defined by a lack of success; it wasn't even an elimination game or for the championship, so it isn't that great. Two seconds for a shot is an eternity.

It reminds me of that half-court game-winner Marbury hit on us years ago, that's basically his career highlight. :lol

DAF86
04-28-2014, 08:14 PM
No one is saying Manu is garbage, don't be an argie homer. Ellis has been better than him overall this season and so far for Dallas in the playoffs

If you look at stats no, he hasn't.

DAF86
04-28-2014, 08:15 PM
Of course, watch Ellis go for 40 tonight and Manu for 10 Turnovers.

Brazil
04-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Of course, watch Ellis go for 40 tonight and Manu for 10 Turnovers.

So far so good for Manu tbh

sook
04-28-2014, 10:15 PM
thats a wrap.

FkLA
04-28-2014, 10:37 PM
It's cute how the fans go nuts when they cut the deficit to single digits. They actually think their washed up team has a chance against THEE San Antonio Spurs. :lol

DAF86
04-28-2014, 11:51 PM
Monta "Jesus" Ellis A.K.A "the best player of the series" has now 81 pts on 76 shots. 39% from the field. Inefficient chuckers will always be inefficient chuckers.

DAF86
04-28-2014, 11:52 PM
Of course, now watch him hit 80% from the floor the rest of the series and knock the Spurs asses out.

Franklin
04-29-2014, 03:52 AM
Kobe who is God once scored 81pts in one game :lol

DAF86
05-05-2014, 09:19 AM

http://www.damianmarksmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/baby-smile.jpg

Brazil
05-05-2014, 09:36 AM
http://www.damianmarksmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/baby-smile.jpg

I gave my props for Manu for an amazing serie tbh he played way above expectations

no hating here on the contrary

DAF86
05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
I gave my props for Manu for an amazing serie tbh he played way above expectations

no hating here on the contrary

How can you ever think a chucker like Ellis could be better than my boy son?

Brazil
05-05-2014, 09:51 AM
How can you ever think a chucker like Ellis could be better than my boy son?

son.. untill game 7 Ellis has been main mavs weapon and played a better serie... he has been a nightmare for the Spurs to guard tbh they tried everything even though he faded on the road finally.. Manu had more freedom with Parker drawing a lot of D attention.

Nevertheless your boy had a great serie, I did not think he could pull out such a consistent (except game 6) 7 games serie. so again props :tu

DAF86
05-05-2014, 10:00 AM
son.. untill game 7 Ellis has been main mavs weapon and played a better serie... he has been a nightmare for the Spurs to guard tbh they tried everything even though he faded on the road finally.. Manu had more freedom with Parker drawing a lot of D attention.

Nevertheless your boy had a great serie, I did not think he could pull out such a consistent (except game 6) 7 games serie. so again props :tu

lol son. No, just no.

Brazil
05-05-2014, 10:01 AM
lol son. No, just no.

ok son, I surrender :lol

DAF86
05-05-2014, 10:04 AM
ok son, I surrender :lol

That's the French we all know and love.

Splits
09-20-2014, 05:33 PM
As long as Duncan doesn't ring.