PDA

View Full Version : Did the CoJo Sub Change Who Guarded Carter?

PopRocks
04-26-2014, 06:45 PM
After the confusion with the substitution and CoJo had to come instead of Diaw, did Manu have to move off the inbound to guard Carter instead of Diaw on him?

If so, would have made it a little tougher for Carter when he threw up the prayer.

The Reckoning
04-26-2014, 06:47 PM
carter took an insanely difficult shot. spurs couldn't have defended that better.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Vince Carter is one of the best tough-shot makers in NBA history, tbh..he has ridiculous upper-body strength, too..

1EawNhH298A

ColinB
04-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Who cares. I'll give Carter that shot all day. Sucks it went in, but that's how it goes.

dallasmaverickslose
04-26-2014, 06:49 PM
carter took an insanely difficult shot. spurs couldn't have defended that better.

I didn't at all expect a pump fake from Carter, didn't think there was enough time on then clock for him to effectively pull that off and still get a decent look.

timtonymanu
04-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Yeah, nothing could be done about Vince's shot.

It would have been nice to not make Ellis go off in the fourth. Something that the "COY" should have figured out.

james evans
04-26-2014, 06:52 PM
yes they could have. i knew with 1.7 seconds left they were gonna pump fake and go up. i knew it and popovich should have known. they' have been pump faking up all series. every game dirk gets diaw with a pump fake and foul. what else would they do with 1.7 left? is he really looking at game footage or just saying that he is?our defense sucksand we arne't talking to each othr and helping on the picks

The Reckoning
04-26-2014, 06:54 PM
yes they could have. i knew with 1.7 seconds left they were gonna pump fake and go up. i knew it and popovich should have known. they' have been pump faking up all series. every game dirk gets diaw with a pump fake and foul. what else would they do with 1.7 left? is he really looking at game footage or just saying that he is?our defense sucksand we arne't talking to each othr and helping on the picks

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_majym31Zyw1rxevt4o1_500.jpg

siraulo23
04-26-2014, 06:56 PM
we'll never know

the inbound pass could have been tougher for dallas, but it's all moot, props VC

james evans
04-26-2014, 06:57 PM
yeah it was a great shot by vince. nothing lucky about it, but i'm disappointed that ginobli went for the pump fake.

Russ
04-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Dwayne Wade for three then Vince Carter.

Is Derek Fisher next? :depressed