04-26-2014, 06:58 PM
I miss this nigga, tbh<3..

timtonymanu
04-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Agreed.

Instead we have Boylen, who vouched for Jeff Errors, and Udoka and Marks :lol

Johnny RIngo
04-26-2014, 07:00 PM
My thoughts exactly. Should have known Boylens would be terrible when he convinced Pop to sign Ayres.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2014, 07:01 PM
You have to admire the way he has a below average Hawks team battling the #1 seed in the East, tbh, even after losing Al Horford..

They're running a gimmick system that depends heavily on making their outside shots, but that's what being a coach is all about, you adjust to your personnel..

UZER
04-26-2014, 07:02 PM
In fairness, on the TNT feed, it looked like Sean marks was telling Manu to watch out for the carter cut right to the corner.

Not that there still not knuckleheads....tbh

Mugen
04-26-2014, 07:02 PM
:lol Why would any of the Big 3 listen to Sean Marks or Ime Udoka tbh

UZER
04-26-2014, 07:03 PM

:lol I dont know, but he was fucking right!

Nathan89
04-26-2014, 07:04 PM
Pop should've let him take the HC position. Now we are fucked going forward.

HemisfairArena
04-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Just make Robert Horry the new head coach. Guy has ice in his veins and could probably still hit the game winner over any of these guys.

Johnny RIngo
04-26-2014, 07:06 PM

Why the fuck is Ime Udoka a coach? He was a crappy player and never did seem all that bright to begin with.

UZER
04-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Why the fuck is Ime Udoka a coach? He was a crappy player and never did seem all that bright to begin with.

Pop is as good at selecting assistant coaches as Jordan is at having an eye for talent.

spursistan
03-10-2019, 10:17 PM
Thanks for taking Gasol off our hands, tbh..

Coach Bud should have that loyalty coaching contract lined up for him already..:lol.. One of the truest of our own.

But first, I'm rooting for him to ring in Milwaukee. He will never get to coach another player as good as Giannis.

timtonymanu
03-10-2019, 10:21 PM
Agreed.

Instead we have Boylen, who vouched for Jeff Errors, and Udoka and Marks :lol

Marks turned out pretty competent actually. Amazing job with the Nets. But :lol Udoka the yes man and Boylen probably sucks in Chicago too.

Mr. Body
03-10-2019, 10:28 PM
I don't think having Gasol in the locker room for a potentially deep playoff run for the Bucks is necessarily a bad thing at all. It's just that he sucks on the floor.

timtonymanu
03-10-2019, 11:03 PM
I don't think having Gasol in the locker room for a potentially deep playoff run for the Bucks is necessarily a bad thing at all. It's just that he sucks on the floor.

Except he’s delusional in thinking he can still contribute. So he’s getting in the way of more deserving and youthful players. It would be one thing if he still had anything left in the tank. But he should be thinking about retirement instead or just come back for the minimum and play the Udonis Haslem role if his “veteran leadership” is still valuable.

sasaint
03-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Thanks for taking Gasol off our hands, tbh..

Coach Bud should have that loyalty coaching contract lined up for him already..:lol.. One of the truest of our own.

But first, I'm rooting for him to ring in Milwaukee. He will never get to coach another player as good as Giannis.

Nah, I don't want him to ring in Milwaukee. I think that would decrease the odds of his ever returning to SA. That may be pipe dream anyway, but as long as he doesn't become a championship coach in Milwaukee with Giannis, the Spurs might be able to get him. If he wins a championship in Milwaukee with Giannis, they could easily become the Pop/Tim cornerstone of that franchise.

Hoops Czar
03-10-2019, 11:24 PM
Bud didn't do the Spurs any favors. They could have traded him for a usless 2nd round pick to clear him from the payroll but chose to buy him out instead. Pau is still on the books for $4.2M next season so the joke remains on the Spurs.

Degoat
03-10-2019, 11:33 PM
Buds the real MVP, he took Tiago splitter off are hands so we would have the cap space to sign Aldridge and now he’s taken Gasol for us too lol

Hoops Czar
03-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Buds the real MVP, he took Tiago splitter off are hands so we would have the cap space to sign Aldridge and now he’s taken Gasol for us too lol
No, he didn't. The Spurs bought him out and he chose to sign with the bucks. Bud had nothing to do with it.

Degoat
03-11-2019, 12:10 AM
No, he didn't. The Spurs bought him out and he chose to sign with the bucks. Bud had nothing to do with it.

you don’t think coach bud had any say on whether the bucks picked up gasol or not?? Of course he did :rollin

Hoops Czar
03-11-2019, 12:50 AM
you don’t think coach bud had any say on whether the bucks picked up gasol or not?? Of course he did :rollin
Exactly how does Bud picking up Gasol benefit the Spurs? Is he paying the tab on the 4.2M Pau is owed next season?

Uriel
03-11-2019, 01:08 AM
Exactly how does Bud picking up Gasol benefit the Spurs? Is he paying the tab on the 4.2M Pau is owed next season?
It's widely assumed here in SpursTalk that there was an inside deal between Pop and Bud so that when the Spurs bought out Gasol, Milwuakee would be there to provide him a soft landing spot.

Phenomanul
03-11-2019, 08:57 AM
Because it makes sense that Gasol would relinquish some of the money required for his buyout if he knew that he had a 'job offer' lined up afterwards.

GusT15
03-11-2019, 09:04 AM
Because it makes sense that Gasol would relinquish some of the money required for his buyout if he knew that he had a 'job offer' lined up afterwards.

Also Woj reported that he's going to the Bucks 5 minutes after the initial report of the buyout.

No agent can work that fast no matter how good of an agent he is :lol

jeebus
03-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Boylen

I'll never forgive that cuck since he was responsible for Errors joining the team and subsequently getting so many fucking minutes.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-11-2019, 05:49 PM

Yep. I don't know how Gasol got that dumbass deal in the first place, but he wasn't going to give up a penny of it once it was in hand. It was pretty obvious there was some prior communication between the Bucks and Gasol before the buyout occurred. The buyout and the rumored Bucks' signing came out almost simultaneously.

Pop should have told Bud not to play him much...or maybe he did, but coach Bud wanted to test that for himself. Last night's +/- line on Gasol probably gave the Bucks coaching staff all the 411 they needed. I wouldn't expect to see much more from Gasol beyond mop-up duty in a blowout from this point forward.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Gasol needs to become an agent once his playing days are over.

Pavlov
03-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Exactly how does Bud picking up Gasol benefit the Spurs?Gave them the win yesterday.