PDA

View Full Version : ***Official "I told you so" Thread***

The Reckoning
04-27-2014, 10:22 AM
this is for everyone who thinks they're special because they said spurs sucked at some point in the season. please list your names here and we can all recognize your greatness.

(that way we won't have to read about it in other threads)

Skull-1
04-27-2014, 10:24 AM
You don't come back from a nutpunch like Game Six, as Game Seven showed. Been saying all year we would be lucky to get out of the second round.

Harbingers of doom include Coach of the Year, Number One Seed, Positive Media Attention, and scoring so many points early. We did that against the Flakers for years. They always roared back to kill us.

The Reckoning
04-27-2014, 10:40 AM
only thing i can get behind is that losing bruce bowen really threw the team out of line. spurs defense went from lockdown to mediocre and pop had to completely change the system. as we've seen the past few years, it really comes down to making shots now, and that isn't as guaranteed as good defense.

dg7md
04-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Dumb thread until we're eliminated tbh

The Reckoning
04-27-2014, 11:06 AM

yeah like you don't see all the greys spamming "where's all the haters who were on us for cliffjumping :cry"

Robz4000
04-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Checking in imo

RD2191
04-27-2014, 11:28 AM
:wakeup

Skull-1
04-27-2014, 11:35 AM
only thing i can get behind is that losing bruce bowen really threw the team out of line. spurs defense went from lockdown to mediocre and pop had to completely change the system. as we've seen the past few years, it really comes down to making shots now, and that isn't as guaranteed as good defense.

Thats why it was never the big three. It was "The Big Four" or "The Fab Four" or whatever you care to call it. Four. Not three. No Bruce--no ring.

SpursRock20
04-27-2014, 11:41 AM
You don't come back from a nutpunch like Game Six, as Game Seven showed. Been saying all year we would be lucky to get out of the second round.

Harbingers of doom include Coach of the Year, Number One Seed, Positive Media Attention, and scoring so many points early. We did that against the Flakers for years. They always roared back to kill us.

Seriously? Did you watch Game 7 last year? Because the Spurs team that I saw came back hungry after perhaps the greatest collapse in NBA history. This team doesn't give up. Especially when they are only down 2-1 in a best of 7 with 2 home games remaining. The only people who give up early in relation to this Spurs team are the wishy-washy fans on this board.

Skull-1
04-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Seriously? Did you watch Game 7 last year? Because the Spurs team that I saw came back hungry after perhaps the greatest collapse in NBA history. This team doesn't give up. Especially when they are only down 2-1 in a best of 7 with 2 home games remaining. The only people who give up early in relation to this Spurs team are the wishy-washy fans on this board.

They didn't have the stamina, mentally or physically, to win Game Seven and it showed. Especially Manu with his stupid wild passing to the crowd and the Heat.

And if, maybe, the team had it in them, Turnobili sure didn't. Now when they see him do that sh-t they collectively wilt.

The stars aligned for us last year and we lost by an inch. You just don't come back from that. The odds are too great. The pain is too unforgettable. Ask the Bills.

SpursRock20
04-27-2014, 11:49 AM
They didn't have the stamina, mentally or physically, to win Game Seven and it showed. Especially Manu with his stupid wild passing to the crowd and the Heat.

And if, maybe, the team had it in them, Turnobili sure didn't. Now when they see him do that sh-t they collectively wilt.

Okay, so you missed the point. This is the first round. And a lack of "stamina, mentally or physically" that hurt the Spurs in the Finals last year would have no bearing on the first round of this season's playoffs, especially after having so much rest.

Skull-1
04-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Okay, so you missed the point. This is the first round. And a lack of "stamina, mentally or physically" that hurt the Spurs in the Finals last year would have no bearing on the first round of this season's playoffs, especially after having so much rest.

Ask the Bills about the mental thing.

We are older than last year, fatigued mentally and physically from years of long grinds. Parker hasn't rested since the start of last season, if not longer.... And the doom cloud of Six haunts everything we do. Never mind the incredible good fortune we had last year when our toughest competition got bested by teams we could actually beat or never faced.

Kawhi
04-27-2014, 11:55 AM
Where's the ***Official Shut the fuck up thread***?

therealtruth
04-27-2014, 11:43 PM

The stars aligned for us last year and we lost by an inch. You just don't come back from that. The odds are too great. The pain is too unforgettable. Ask the Bills.

It was pretty much what I predicted for the game. The Spurs would come up short despite a valiant effort. They would have been better off getting blown out in game 6 or resting for that game.

hater
04-27-2014, 11:44 PM

:tu

I will wait to answer the question once Spurs are eliminated or win the 2014 ship :lol

rascal
04-28-2014, 06:06 AM
Ask the Bills about the mental thing.

We are older than last year, fatigued mentally and physically from years of long grinds. Parker hasn't rested since the start of last season, if not longer.... And the doom cloud of Six haunts everything we do. Never mind the incredible good fortune we had last year when our toughest competition got bested by teams we could actually beat or never faced.

Same thing could happen this year with the higher seeds going down.

Dex
04-28-2014, 08:26 AM

EVAY
04-28-2014, 08:55 AM

:lol

TampaDude
04-28-2014, 09:03 AM

I still don't agree with the "collapse" thing, because 28 seconds is an eternity in the NBA, especially against the defending champs on their court, but yeah, it was a shitty way to lose. The Spurs had a chance in Game 7, which most people thought they would lose by 20. Spurs still got some fight left in 'em. Don't know if it will be enough, though...Dallas looks like they have our number this year.

SpursRock20
04-28-2014, 11:15 AM
I still don't agree with the "collapse" thing, because 28 seconds is an eternity in the NBA, especially against the defending champs on their court, but yeah, it was a shitty way to lose. The Spurs had a chance in Game 7, which most people thought they would lose by 20. Spurs still got some fight left in 'em. Don't know if it will be enough, though...Dallas looks like they have our number this year.

If you don't call game 6 of last year's finals a collapse, that's fine. But the point of the argument is that was a much more difficult game to come back from and play disciplined ball in the subsequent game, but the Spurs did. Skull said that we couldn't come back from a "nutpunch like game 6" and I disagree. This team isn't going to fold because they are only down 2-1 and still have 2 chances to win one in Dallas. And if they are, they aren't the Spurs I know.

And besides, I wouldn't call most of the people on this site "fans" anyway. Most sound like prepubescent girls of the like found on "My Super Sweet 16". We lose 1 game and it is the end of the world around these parts. It really makes me wonder if most of these people are just trolls or really aren't actually fans who know anything about the game.

therealtruth
04-28-2014, 06:40 PM

It's pretty much a collapse when 99.9% of teams in that situation walk away with the W and that's including regular season. Now if we're talking about championship contenders that's like 100%. Why do you think they were rolling out the trophy if that's an eternity? That kind of epic collapse has never happened before.

ElNono
04-28-2014, 06:49 PM
If you don't call game 6 of last year's finals a collapse, that's fine. But the point of the argument is that was a much more difficult game to come back from and play disciplined ball in the subsequent game, but the Spurs did. Skull said that we couldn't come back from a "nutpunch like game 6" and I disagree. This team isn't going to fold because they are only down 2-1 and still have 2 chances to win one in Dallas. And if they are, they aren't the Spurs I know.

And besides, I wouldn't call most of the people on this site "fans" anyway. Most sound like prepubescent girls of the like found on "My Super Sweet 16". We lose 1 game and it is the end of the world around these parts. It really makes me wonder if most of these people are just trolls or really aren't actually fans who know anything about the game.

both

rascal
04-28-2014, 07:11 PM

This team always folds when faced with an elimination game. Go back and see how they fared in their elimination games and you see a team that folds. Tonight is not an elimination game so I expect a win tonight, but if they lose tonight they also will lose the next game.

The Reckoning
04-29-2014, 12:53 AM
here's your thread jkid12456

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232227&p=7283648#post7283648