PDA

View Full Version : Pop less than complimentary of his team today

romsho
04-27-2014, 04:43 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2014/04/27/140427popmov-3251521

TheGoldStandard
04-27-2014, 04:50 PM
"It'll pretty much be the same" That says it all. Pop has not admitted that his scheme to go under screens and have everyone sag off Ellis and Harris is screwing things up.

Mugen
04-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Can't believe Pop didn't spell out all of his adjustments for Game 4 the day before tbh...

siraulo23
04-27-2014, 04:58 PM
I wont be surprised if the spurs lose game 4

smh pop, really?

Skull-1
04-27-2014, 05:03 PM
"Except Manu. He's sorta' a fake bench guy."

Another pass.

Speaking of which... Don't chew him out for the "pass" to the phantom for a backcourt violation or the ill-advised three (brick!) at 1:45 up three with 15 on the shot clock....

TheGoldStandard
04-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Can't believe Pop didn't spell out all of his adjustments for Game 4 the day before tbh...

I especially liked how he blamed his players for not executing his sagging off players 20 feet defense.

ElNono
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM
He looks like he just woke up :lol

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Did Pop invite the media to his place for dinner? I hear dishes in the background.

slick'81
04-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Pop throwing the bench under the bus

TE
04-27-2014, 05:17 PM
He looks like he just woke up :lol
You can tell by his voice too.

I don't think Pop will speak on specifics to the media. This reminds me of when Isaiah Thomas said something to the tune of: "I ain't giving yall our gameplan".

Pop was mostly critical of his role players because the team relied on them so much during the regular season. Expert made a thread about it with more insight.

TheGoldStandard
04-27-2014, 05:18 PM
Does he ever take the blame for anything?

Skull-1
04-27-2014, 05:20 PM

Technically, he isn't on the floor so... 4/10.

HI-FI
04-27-2014, 05:24 PM
hopefully he does in private because publicly it's his most annoying trait.

TheGoldStandard
04-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Technically, he isn't on the floor so... 4/10.

He's the one setting the defensive schemes, if they're not executing them why keep running out the same guy to do the same.. I don't know what he's hoping to accomplish by having everyone run under screens and camp in the paint while Ellis and the like are going off.

EVAY
04-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Pop throwing the bench under the bus

Man that is what I heard, too!!! I have never heard Pop go that blatantly against any sub-group of his players as he did in that presser. He literally said 'they haven't showed up…and they need to show up".

Problem is, the other team doesn't play their bench as much in the playoffs as Pop seems to want to. I don't think that he is going to be able to rely on them that much…but I was still shocked that he laid basically the whole shebang off on them.

He said there was not a problem offensively "We got 108 points and shot 51%; the problem wasn't offense, the problem was the defense".

But of course then he said we were just going to do the same thing we have been doing, only do it better. That always makes me nervous.

jag
04-27-2014, 05:47 PM
hopefully he does in private because publicly it's his most annoying trait.

Well he never takes credit for wins. Not sure why he would come out and say he lost the game.

Budkin
04-27-2014, 05:48 PM
The bench deserves to get tossed under the bus. They have been pathetically bad this series.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-27-2014, 05:49 PM
"Except Manu. He's sorta' a fake bench guy."

Another pass.

Speaking of which... Don't chew him out for the "pass" to the phantom for a backcourt violation or the ill-advised three (brick!) at 1:45 up three with 15 on the shot clock....

Is this guy serious or retarded?

He he made what would have been the game winner... And he is the only Spur that has been balling all 3 games..

RD2191
04-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Don't know why anyone is shocked at our bench play. It was exposed multiple times this season. Our 19 game win streak depended on multiple players dropping 10-12 points here and there. One guy doesn't show up and you're screwed. Bench defense had also been atrocious so nothing new there.

EVAY
04-27-2014, 05:57 PM

He he made what would have been the game winner... And he is the only Spur that has been balling all 3 games..

Not sure if you realize that the only part that Pop actually said was in calling out the bench "except Manu. He's sorta a fake bench guy".

the rest of the quote was Skull-1, who is well known Manu-hater.

spurraider21
04-27-2014, 06:02 PM
"It'll pretty much be the same" That says it all. Pop has not admitted that his scheme to go under screens and have everyone sag off Ellis and Harris is screwing things up.

:lmao

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 06:05 PM
:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop: :pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop: :pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

The_Worlds_finest
04-27-2014, 07:35 PM
What are you suppose to do when every bench guy except Manu disappears? Hindsight is a bitch but Gary Neal would have drained threes.

bklynspursfan
04-27-2014, 07:44 PM
He's right about the bench. Remember he said guys played like dogs and they responded the next game? Don't be surprised if the 2nd unit plays with a little more fire tomorrow.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 08:02 PM
I don't understand what you guys want. Pop's schemes put us in a position to lose the game by 1 point.

Manu shot awfully from the field overall. If Manu makes one more shot, we win.

It's not Pop's fault that Manu goes 4-14, including 0-4 from 3.

Vince hits a fluky shot that's pretty well guarded by Manu (I'm sure Manutards will giggle with glee at the sight of me actually giving that shitbag credit where credit is due). That's not Pop's fault.

Tony Parker had an amazing first half and then basically missed every shot in the 2nd half. If he makes even one of those shots, we win.

Dejuan Blair hits a mid range floating runner that's honestly a little outside of his range. If he misses that shot, we win.

When a game ends up as close as this, why would you risk making drastic changes to your offense or defense? Sure, there could be a hypothetical offensive and defensive scheme that would allow us to beat the Mavericks by 30 points, but why risk a game testing that out when the current offensive and defensive schemes simply ask that Manu doesn't shoot like manure from the field or that we guard Dallas a little bit better?

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 08:05 PM
What are you suppose to do when every bench guy except Manu disappears? Hindsight is a bitch but Gary Neal would have drained threes.

Manu shot the worst of all our bench players. Marco was 3-3, Patty was 2-5, Diaw was 3-5, and Bonner was 1-1. How did they disappear? Manu's 4-14 was a huge impediment for game 3 even if he did other things well like hit a potential game winner and keep his turnovers to a minimum.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Manu shot the worst of all our bench players. Marco was 3-3, Patty was 2-5, Diaw was 3-5, and Bonner was 1-1. How did they disappear? Manu's 4-14 was a huge impediment for game 3 even if he did other things well like hit a potential game winner and keep his turnovers to a minimum.

you're retarded. he kept the team close in the third and fourth. stop looking at stats and watch the game. it's called having playmaking ability. TP disappeared in the second. He played very well.

There's a difference between being a "hater" and uneducated

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 08:49 PM
you're retarded. he kept the team close in the third and fourth. stop looking at stats and watch the game. it's called having playmaking ability. TP disappeared in the second. He played very well.

There's a difference between being a "hater" and uneducated

You are beyond fucking stupid. I give Manu a lot of flack, but I hedged my post by giving him credit for the things he did well. I specifically said that he shot poorly from the field. 4-14 (~28%) is poor shooting by reasonable standards.

Go fuck yourself you fucking moron. I'll gladly admit when I'm wrong (e.g. when I said "I hope Manu doesn't get the ball on the last possession" and he made me eat crow by hitting the potential game winner, which I fully admitted in that thread) but when I'm careful to hedge my posts by making a very specific criticism of Manu and you call me retarded, I'm going to call you out on your bullshit you fucking retard.

You are fucking retarded.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Imagine having Manu's cock up your ass so much that you won't even allow someone to call 4-14 "poor shooting."

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-27-2014, 09:14 PM

:lol

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:17 PM

Manu could save a bus full of children and score 9999999999 points at 100% shooting with 850000 assists 9815451 rebounds 18454541 steals and 5878185151 blocks and you'd still be whining about him. Shut the hell up you moronic jackass.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:20 PM

:lmao after all that, that's the best you can come up with. "Huge" is an arbitrary modifier that only has relative meaning. I knew you were a fucking idiot :rollin.

Manu could save a bus full of children and score 9999999999 points at 100% shooting with 850000 assists 9815451 rebounds 18454541 steals and 5878185151 blocks and you'd still be whining about him. Shut the hell up you moronic jackass.

:lmao weren't you the one who wanted a "truce?" I thought I was being classy by honoring your request for a "truce." I guess you haven't noticed, but I've been deliberately avoiding you on these forums for that reason. I'm guessing that truce is over. Get ready faggot, I'm coming for you too now.

:lmao @ making shit up and then calling me a moronic jackass for it.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Boy oh boy now that dallasmaverickslose has rudely violated the terms of his or her own self-imposed "truce," I get to have double the fun :rollin I can't fucking wait.

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:25 PM
:lmao after all that, that's the best you can come up with. "Huge" is an arbitrary modifier that only has relative meaning. I knew you were a fucking idiot :rollin.

:lmao weren't you the one who wanted a "truce?" I thought I was being classy by honoring your request for a "truce." I guess you haven't noticed, but I've been deliberately avoiding you on these forums for that reason. I'm guessing that truce is over. Get ready faggot, I'm coming for you too now.

:lmao @ making shit up and then calling me a moronic jackass for it.

I really don't give a damn. Your trolling has been consistently unbearable, and it's about time you took a break from this website.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:27 PM
I really don't give a damn. Your trolling has been consistently unbearable, and it's about time you took a break from this website.

This:

is what we call a "straw man." Nice logical fallacy, moron :lol Are you even high school educated? :rollin

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:30 PM
This:

is what we call a "straw man." Nice logical fallacy, moron :lol Are you even high school educated? :rollin

I think you've validated my reasoning for calling you a moronic jackass. I'd go into details, but you probably wouldn't even be able to correctly comprehend that.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:30 PM
ElNono, if I said Manu had a great overall game with a high assist to turnover ratio, great steal count, good amount of rebounds, but "poor shooting" that ended up being a clear (and in my eyes "huge") impediment to winning the game, would you call that a fair assessment?

I want to see what the King of Manu fans (I respect Nono too much to call him a derogatory name) thinks, tbh :lol

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:31 PM
I think you've validated my reasoning for calling you a moronic jackass. I'd go into details, but you probably wouldn't even be able to correctly comprehend that.

Nice ad hominem, faggot :lol You can't even make a sensible argument.

(Note: This post is also an ad hominem, but it feels oh so good)

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Nice ad hominem, faggot :lol You can't even make a sensible argument.

(Note: This post is also an ad hominem, but it feels oh so good)

Oh trust me, I'm actually doing you a favor by not going into further details. But go ahead and carry on with your empty rhetoric.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Oh trust me, I'm actually doing you a favor by not going into further details. But go ahead and carry on with your empty rhetoric.

What a fucking hypocrite :lmao. You have nothing of value to say. N-o-t-h-i-n-g.

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:45 PM
What a fucking hypocrite :lmao. You have nothing of value to say. N-o-t-h-i-n-g.

:lol You do realize you are making absolutely no sense?

BatManu20
04-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Called out the bench as he should. They've been no-shows for the most part. They gotta step it up. This is why they got so much run in the regular season, so they'd be ready for the PO's.

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Looking forward to hearing what Mr. "Supreme Badass of the Internet" has to say next. :lmao

ElNono
04-27-2014, 09:52 PM
ElNono, if I said Manu had a great overall game with a high assist to turnover ratio, great steal count, good amount of rebounds, but "poor shooting" that ended up being a clear (and in my eyes "huge") impediment to winning the game, would you call that a fair assessment?

I want to see what the King of Manu fans (I respect Nono too much to call him a derogatory name) thinks, tbh :lol

First off, I'm nowhere near the "King of Manu fans", tbh... there's huge Manu homers here I can't and I don't want to match...

I just think the optic is really skewed sometimes... When did this team went back to being Manu's team, tbh?

So because Manu won't just go hide in a corner and instead takes it upon himself to try to get his team across the finish line, he needs to get the blunt of the criticism?

Just really weird, skewed logic... we're basically trying to win games on the back of a 37 year old and 38 year old players because everyone else basically disappears for long stretches...

It's allright if some role players don't show up, that's somewhat expected in the playoffs... but this is something I mentioned after the 1st game... we can't have guys only showing up for 1 or 2 quarters... especially young guys in their career primes...

Maybe they're injured... I dunno... probably we won't know. But I just don't get how you could be mad at the guy that, at this point in his career, is clearly playing over his head just to put up a solid fight for the team...

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:52 PM
:lol You do realize you are making absolutely no sense?

My bad. I should spell out my argument explicitly for a retard such as yourself.

You decried my use of "empty rhetoric" with your initial post, and a couple of posts prior you called me a "moronic jackass" and then failed to elaborate, possibly because you don't have anything useful or reasonable to say. Your post calling me a "moronic jackass" and then copping out on the elaboration by cowardly claiming that you won't go into details is the epitome of empty rhetoric.

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:54 PM
First off, I'm nowhere near the "King of Manu fans", tbh... there's huge Manu homers here I can't and I don't want to match...

I just think the optic is really skewed sometimes... When did this team went back to being Manu's team, tbh?

So because Manu won't just go hide in a corner and instead takes it upon himself to try to get his team across the finish line, he needs to get the blunt of the criticism?

Just really weird, skewed logic... we're basically trying to win games on the back of a 37 year old and 38 year old players because everyone else basically disappears for long stretches...

It's allright if some role players don't show up, that's somewhat expected in the playoffs... but this is something I mentioned after the 1st game... we can't have guys only showing up for 1 or 2 quarters... especially young guys in their career primes...

Maybe they're injured... I dunno... probably we won't know. But I just don't get how you could be mad at the guy that, at this point in his career, is clearly playing over his head just to put up a solid fight for the team...

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:55 PM
My bad. I should spell out my argument explicitly for a retard such as yourself.

You decried my use of "empty rhetoric" with your initial post, and a couple of posts prior you called me a "moronic jackass" and then failed to elaborate, possibly because you don't have anything useful or reasonable to say. Your post calling me a "moronic jackass" and then copping out on the elaboration by cowardly claiming that you won't go into details is the epitome of empty rhetoric.

I'm not going to waste my time attempting to talk sense to a flamer and blind critic of a 37 year-old veteran on this team.

Of course, I'm sure you'll look for ways to turn this into me not having an argument. Go right ahead. I'll let you be the one that wastes your time.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:55 PM

Honestly overall I've been very pleased with Manu's contributions during the first round. His efficiency in game 2 was phenomenal, and he had a great overall game in game 3.

The point of my initial post wasn't even to single out Manu, tbh. I was questioning the fact that so many people are pointing the finger at Pop for failing to come up with brand new "schemes." Manu's "poor shooting" overall was just one thing that you could point to, but that wasn't really the point of my initial post to begin with.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm not going to waste my time attempting to talk sense to a flamer and blind critic of a 37 year-old veteran on this team.

And yet you just wasted time making this post :lmao

If you really didn't want to waste time, you should just shut the fuck up to begin with and let the grown ups discuss basketball in the future.

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 09:58 PM
And yet you just wasted time making this post :lmao

If you really didn't want to waste time, you should just shut the fuck up to begin with and let the grown ups discuss basketball in the future.

:troll

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Let me know when you want to talk basketball.

That is, without getting butthurt when someone disagrees with you, like N0 LyF3 ScRuB.

ElNono
04-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Honestly overall I've been very pleased with Manu's contributions during the first round. His efficiency in game 2 was phenomenal, and he had a great overall game in game 3.

The point of my initial post wasn't even to single out Manu, tbh. I was questioning the fact that so many people are pointing the finger at Pop for failing to come up with brand new "schemes." Manu's "poor shooting" overall was just one thing that you could point to, but that wasn't really the point of my initial post to begin with.

I get you... but this isn't Manu's team anymore... he's just really, really trying to play like SuperManu in stretches because he doesn't want to lose... it's painful to watch sometimes... same with Timmy...

They can't dominate anymore, and while this team looked like better prepared to handle things without their top player, it's obviously not happening if everyone else just disappears...

When I said what I said after game 1, the game we won, I said I didn't want to post it because people think I hate Tony and what not, and it's completely untrue (just like the King of Manu fans schtick).

This team needs it's leader or his role players to play for 48 minutes. Or at least 30-40 minutes. Hasn't happened yet. There's so much scheming you can do, but at some point it boils down to players showing up and playing better.

The Mavs are doing it, the Spurs are not.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Let's say Pop came up with a new offensive and/or defensive scheme for game 3. In truth, there's a continuum of possibilities that could've played out, but broadly speaking we can classify the potential outcome into three general cases:

Case I: The new scheme doesn't work and the spurs get blown out by 20 points
Case II: The new scheme is no more or less effective than the scheme we actually used in game 3, and the spurs find themselves within 2 or 3 points with a couple of minutes go go
Case III: We blow out the Mavericks early and the new scheme ends up being, in hindsight, a huge success.

Some people have issues with Pop's defensive scheme of going under screens. The fact is that there's no telling that "case III" would've necessarily played out had we not gone under screens. You'd need a time machine to play the game over again while implementing the new, "don't go under screens" scheme in order to determine that. And unfortunately, we can't do that (http://vimeo.com/11917849).

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 10:04 PM
I get you... but this isn't Manu's team anymore... he's just really, really trying to play like SuperManu in stretches because he doesn't want to lose... it's painful to watch sometimes... same with Timmy...

They can't dominate anymore, and while this team looked like better prepared to handle things without their top player, it's obviously not happening if everyone else just disappears...

When I said what I said after game 1, the game we won, I said I didn't want to post it because people think I hate Tony and what not, and it's completely untrue (just like the King of Manu fans schtick).

This team needs it's leader or his role players to play for 48 minutes. Or at least 30-40 minutes. Hasn't happened yet. There's so much scheming you can do, but at some point it boils down to players showing up and playing better.

The Mavs are doing it, the Spurs are not.

I know that, tbh. I was just pulling your leg :lol. You're one of the most reasonable Manu fans on this site.

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 10:05 PM
There's not enough time to effectively change the defensive scheme. And when you consider that the Spurs didn't practice today, I'm pretty sure that means Pop is just going to hope that things will work in our favor for once in game 4. I could see Pop flipping Kawhi and Green's defensive assignments, but that's probably it.

ElNono
04-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Let's say Pop came up with a new offensive and/or defensive scheme for game 3. In truth, there's a continuum of possibilities that could've played out, but broadly speaking we can classify the potential outcome into three general cases:

Case I: The new scheme doesn't work and the spurs get blown out by 20 points
Case II: The new scheme is no more or less effective than the scheme we actually used in game 3, and the spurs find themselves within 2 or 3 points with a couple of minutes go go
Case III: We blow out the Mavericks early and the new scheme ends up being, in hindsight, a huge success.

Some people have issues with Pop's defensive scheme of going under screens. The fact is that there's no telling that "case III" would've necessarily played out had we not gone under screens. You'd need a time machine to play the game over again while implementing the new, "don't go under screens" scheme in order to determine that. And unfortunately, we can't do that (http://vimeo.com/11917849).

And I'm with you. I think the Spurs have already tried a bunch of different things.. We're 3 game deep into this. Pop will adjust as the game goes on based on what's happening out there.

All that said, if we don't have players wanting it more than the Mavs, we're not going to win. There's no silver bullet gimmick that will replace playing hard, making shots, paying attention on defense, etc...

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Also, watch the hyperlinked video attached to "we can't do that," tbh. It's an interesting watch, and it's very accessible to the general public, tbqh.

Eddy from Austin
04-27-2014, 10:22 PM
What was the joke at the end of the interview?

GrandeDavid
04-27-2014, 10:31 PM
The bench deserves to get tossed under the bus. They have been pathetically bad this series.

Exactly! This is no time to coddle. It's mission critical, throw the gauntlet down time. Hopefully this gets guys fired up.

BackHome
04-27-2014, 10:35 PM
It's time to man up this will show me who needs a new contract or who needs to be traded.

Aztecfan03
04-27-2014, 10:37 PM

You must have a pretty lax definition of balling for Manu.

baseline bum
04-27-2014, 10:49 PM
David Chancellor shitting all over Tony Parker in the Sunday newscast. Nigga said:

Tony Parker has been disappearing in the second half of games and the second half of series for 15 years now. At some point you just have to say he is who he is. :stirpot:

ElNono
04-27-2014, 10:54 PM
David Chancellor shitting all over Tony Parker in the Sunday newscast. Nigga said:

Tony Parker has been disappearing in the second half of games and the second half of series for 15 years now. At some point you just have to say he is who he is. :stirpot:

:lol going in, tbh

dallasmaverickslose
04-27-2014, 10:55 PM

Damn.

baseline bum
04-27-2014, 10:55 PM
:lol going in, tbh

I have never heard anything like that from the San Antonio media. :lol

ace3g
04-27-2014, 10:58 PM
TP really should have developed a 3 pt shot; pretty much every other PG in the lead can do it. Once his midrange isn't working and teams pack the paint, he goes into dribble dribble mode.

TDfan2007
04-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Pop did a fine job in game 3. But Ellis not missing in the 4th and Marion going nuts in the first half did us in. Our offense looked much better and the rotations were more tight. He has some adjustments to make, but this deficit is mostly due to Tony and our role players playing maddeningly inconsistent ball. It would also help if we didn't make Dalembert look like an all star tbh...

04-27-2014, 10:59 PM

Harsh, but true....unfortunately.

04-27-2014, 11:00 PM
TP really should have developed a 3 pt shot; pretty much every other PG in the lead can do it. Once his midrange isn't working and teams pack the paint, he goes into dribble dribble mode.
He has it, he just doesn't use it.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-27-2014, 11:01 PM

He has the green light to shoot the corner 3 and the 45 degree angle 3. I think he took one 45-er and made it, IIRC.

ace3g
04-27-2014, 11:03 PM
TP is more of a spot up 3 point shooter, can't really hit off the dribble, come off screens and hit 3s.

baseline bum
04-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Worst part was it was right after this segment where they were building him up, as the guy who Duncan wouldn't even talk to and no one believed in as a 19 year-old French PG. How he worked his way to an All-Star, a Finals MVP, a coach drawing up plays in the timeout... and then Chancellor just shits all over him like one of the Mexican Manu fans here. :(

hater
04-27-2014, 11:08 PM
Tp took us home with 50 seconds left in game 6 last year. Not his fault the bus was crashed by Pop and Manu as it was entering the finish line.

Last year Manu and Pop don't shit the bed and everyone would still be on TP's nuts :lol

crc21209
04-27-2014, 11:13 PM

I saw that too. I was wondering if anyone else on ST saw it. The guy has been great, and has helped bring some titles to SA, but we really have been talking about this for awhile. Going back to the 03' run, when Speedy Claxton took his crunch time minutes of Game 6 to clinch the title. And then the next year in 04' against the Lakers in Games 1 and 2 he was great, and then he was shut down by the Lakers for the rest of the series..

baseline bum
04-27-2014, 11:14 PM
I saw that too. I was wondering if anyone else on ST saw it. The guy has been great, and has helped bring some titles to SA, but we really have been talking about this for awhile. Going back to the 03' run, when Speedy Claxton took his crunch time minutes of Game 6 to clinch the title. And then the next year in 04' against the Lakers in Games 1 and 2 he was great, and then he was shut down by the Lakers for the rest of the series..

That shit was on Turkoglu. Phil Jackson never put a defender within 10 feet of him after Game 2.

crc21209
04-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Tp took us home with 50 seconds left in game 6 last year. Not his fault the bus was crashed by Pop and Manu as it was entering the finish line.

Last year Manu and Pop don't shit the bed and everyone would still be on TP's nuts :lol

True. That step back 3 to tie the game in Game 6 was HUGE. And then he followed it up with a go ahead turn around midrange J...

crc21209
04-27-2014, 11:16 PM
That shit was on Turkoglu. Phil Jackson never put a defender within 10 feet of him after Game 2.

Yeah and I still hate that guy to this day :lol. But TP did have some fault as well. Then again, he was still pretty young and learning to adjust I guess...

hater
04-27-2014, 11:18 PM
True. That step back 3 to tie the game in Game 6 was HUGE. And then he followed it up with a go ahead turn around midrange J...

yup

can you imagine if Manu and Pop don't shit the bed? We would be talking about 2014 as Parker's championship. And all the talk about him not being able to lead a team would be rubbish. Oh well, goes to show you even the greatest players need some sort of supporting cast that can help them succeed.

ElNono
04-28-2014, 12:23 AM

yeah, you have to wonder if they're sensing this is the end of the status quo in the franchise, tbh

ElNono
04-28-2014, 12:24 AM
TP was amazing last year... he was also great in the 2007 Finals and many other series...

Not sure what that has to do with this year, tbh... but absolutely, you don't take that away from him.

Mikeanaro
04-28-2014, 12:31 AM
yup

can you imagine if Manu and Pop don't shit the bed? We would be talking about 2014 as Parker's championship. And all the talk about him not being able to lead a team would be rubbish. Oh well, goes to show you even the greatest players need some sort of supporting cast that can help them succeed.
We shouldnt, a 2014 Parker championship would be unfair so in that aspect Im happy Spurs wont get shit.

Mugen
04-28-2014, 12:39 AM
:lol Why would he be complimentary

ElNono
04-28-2014, 12:55 AM
:lol Why would he be complimentary

:lol you can't win, tbh... if he's ripping them a new asshole, he's not taking any responsibility... if he doesn't say anything, he's coddling them...

Sean Cagney
04-28-2014, 01:01 AM

COT DAMN SINCE 03 man. At times I FULLY AGREE he does. He is a great player but he has pussied out on quite a few series before, either that he starts out red hot and then cools off later and is nonexistent. He used to abuse PHX though on the regular, namely because of NO D and Nash on him.
TP was amazing last year... he was also great in the 2009 Finals and many other series...

Not sure what that has to do with this year, tbh... but absolutely, you don't take that away from him.

2007 Finals but I agree with what you said.

That is true, he came up HUGE when we needed him then. I can't say bad shit about Tony all the time, he came through a few series on end when we needed him. He shit the bed in the 03 and 05 Finals, but he was still fairly young then.

04-28-2014, 01:26 AM
COT DAMN SINCE 03 man. At times I FULLY AGREE he does. He is a great player but he has pussied out on quite a few series before, either that he starts out red hot and then cools off later and is nonexistent. He used to abuse PHX though on the regular, namely because of NO D and Nash on him.

2007 Finals but I agree with what you said.

That is true, he came up HUGE when we needed him then. I can't say bad shit about Tony all the time, he came through a few series on end when we needed him. He shit the bed in the 03 and 05 Finals, but he was still fairly young then.
19 y/o in 03 and 21 in 05 iirc

Sean Cagney
04-28-2014, 01:46 AM
19 y/o in 03 and 21 in 05 iirc

He was 19 in 02 and turning 20 in 03 correct? Just messing with you but I fully agree though, he was pussy then when Marbury and Billups hit him in those series, Kidd too! He was lights out in that game 2 though against NJ when he lead a big comeback in the finals in game two, most forget that but Tony was a man among men in that game two comeback and we nearly won that game! Tony has had his big moments, some just will hate and forget it (Namely some Manu fans).

The Reckoning
04-28-2014, 02:10 AM
pop deflecting par per

The Reckoning
04-28-2014, 02:22 AM
What was the joke at the end of the interview?

i think pop said "it's been my pleasure"

and one of the media said "i don't believe you"

siraulo23
04-28-2014, 02:33 AM
TP was amazing last year... he was also great in the 2007 Finals and many other series...

I miss last year's tp, and the tp of old, scoring on 1v4 fastbreaks :lol, damn was he lightning fast, now he cant even blow by dirk :depressed

Eddy from Austin
04-28-2014, 09:37 AM
i think pop said "it's been my pleasure"

and one of the media said "i don't believe you"

:lol thanks.

tmtcsc
04-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Pop and David Chancellor delivering truth bombs. As far as the poor defense, Kawhi lost Ellis several times and kept going under screens. Tony's transition defense was also poor and directly led to Devin Harris' 3 pointer. If they shore up the defensive miscues, they should be fine. Were talking about the Mavs y'all. The Mavs. (Insert Allen Iverson voice here).

Budkin
04-28-2014, 09:49 AM
I miss last year's tp, and the tp of old, scoring on 1v4 fastbreaks :lol, damn was he lightning fast, now he cant even blow by dirk :depressed

Is all of that really because of the FNT bullshit? Damn he's not that old.

Leetonidas
04-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Manufan taking loads in the mouth for him, per par tbh

peacemaker885
04-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Just watched the video and realized just what you guys are saying. Man that was pretty direct, no turning back, burn the effing bridges. Tonight is like game 7 I guess.

superjames1992
04-28-2014, 09:56 AM
I didn't realize the local San Antonio media allowed their reporters to drip troof bombs like Chancellor just did. Props to him for speaking the troof when so many choose to ignore it. :tu

lefty
04-28-2014, 12:07 PM

FRENCH LEGION, TRY TO SPIN THIS SHIT

lefty
04-28-2014, 12:10 PM
TP was amazing last year

Until he shat the bed

... he was also great in the 2007 Finals .

B:lol:lolbie Gibs:loln

Even Avery Johnson would have destroyed him TBH

T Park
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM

Yeah except those nights he went 0-6 or 1-6 regularly.

Lmao Gary freaKing Neal....

T Park
04-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Pop and David Chancellor delivering truth bombs. As far as the poor defense, Kawhi lost Ellis several times and kept going under screens. Tony's transition defense was also poor and directly led to Devin Harris' 3 pointer. If they shore up the defensive miscues, they should be fine. Were talking about the Mavs y'all. The Mavs. (Insert Allen Iverson voice here).

Yeah Parker dissapeared a lot in last years... Oh wait. Then there's 07.. Oh wait...

Johnny RIngo
04-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Yeah Parker dissapeared a lot in last years...

15 ppg on horrendous efficiency against the Heat.

Oh wait. Then there's 07.. Oh wait...

Was underwhelming in every Western Conference series - Duncan and Ginobili were our two best players that year. Parker lit up the Cavs but that's not really much of an accomplishment seeing as they were the worst team we payed in the '07 playoffs.

tmtcsc
04-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Yeah Parker dissapeared a lot in last years... Oh wait. Then there's 07.. Oh wait...

You're reaching. I'll give you '07 and that's being generous. There aren't any more "Oh Wait's" after that. In 2003 he shriveled up in the playoffs and was benched in favor of Speedy Claxton. In '05, his boneheaded play almost cost us Game 7. In the '07 finals he matched up against a gimpy Hughes and did a great job of exploiting that stiff. With the exception of a few playoff games, he's pretty much fallen short of expectations.

The Spurs can't rely on that dude to show up in big games. I hope he proves me wrong tonight or isn't in a position to do so. The Spurs are the better team and should be handling the Mavs easily.

trypldubl
04-28-2014, 02:34 PM

That's pretty much it. Parker never developed that screen and pop shot and Dallas is exploiting that. Doesn't even have to be a 3 point shot. Just a reliable shot coming off the pic. That's why Manu is so effective running the offense right now because you still have to respect his shot coming off the screen. He give a good hesitation too that throws the defense off a bit.

Parker right now is just not as quick as he was last year. Like Manu was last year there is something off with his game right now. Might finally be age or just because he played so damn much last year. I know he had a few weeks rest but sometimes players just need a few months off. Either way Parker is hurting the team right now with his over dribbling, unreliable shooting and sub-par D.

RD2191
04-28-2014, 02:36 PM
That's pretty much it. Parker never developed that screen and pop shot and Dallas is exploiting that. Doesn't even have to be a 3 point shot. Just a reliable shot coming off the pic. That's why Manu is so effective running the offense right now because you still have to respect his shot coming off the screen. He give a good hesitation too that throws the defense off a bit.

Parker right now is just not as quick as he was last year. Like Manu was last year there is something off with his game right now. Might finally be age or just because he played so damn much last year. I know he had a few weeks rest but sometimes players just need a few months off. Either way Parker is hurting the team right now with his over dribbling, unreliable shooting and sub-par D.

Lol. Parker hurting the team.

Skull-1
04-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Manufan taking loads in the mouth for him, per par tbh

T Park
04-28-2014, 05:19 PM
You're reaching. I'll give you '07 and that's being generous. There aren't any more "Oh Wait's" after that. In 2003 he shriveled up in the playoffs and was benched in favor of Speedy Claxton. In '05, his boneheaded play almost cost us Game 7. In the '07 finals he matched up against a gimpy Hughes and did a great job of exploiting that stiff. With the exception of a few playoff games, he's pretty much fallen short of expectations.

The Spurs can't rely on that dude to show up in big games. I hope he proves me wrong tonight or isn't in a position to do so. The Spurs are the better team and should be handling the Mavs easily.

Missed last year too did ya?

Yeah keep shitting on a top 5 pg and potential hall of famer....

T Park
04-28-2014, 05:20 PM
15 ppg on horrendous efficiency against the Heat.

Was underwhelming in every Western Conference series - Duncan and Ginobili were our two best players that year. Parker lit up the Cavs but that's not really much of an accomplishment seeing as they were the worst team we payed in the '07 playoffs.

More and more lies.

But whatever, the Spurstalk know it alls are the experts.

crc21209
04-28-2014, 05:23 PM

This. Kawhi did guard Ellis in the 4th in Game 3 but even when he did guard him he was going waaay under the screen and ending up in the paint, at least a good 4-5 feet away from Ellis. That is too damn far to sag off a guy who likes to chuck...

UZER
04-28-2014, 06:01 PM
This. Kawhi did guard Ellis in the 4th in Game 3 but even when he did guard him he was going waaay under the screen and ending up in the paint, at least a good 4-5 feet away from Ellis. That is too damn far to sag off a guy who likes to chuck...

Why is Kawhi even guarding Ellis?

eric365
04-28-2014, 06:44 PM

Let's check the numbers concerning second half of series (couldn't find cummulative stats for half of games):

Games 1 to 4 of every playoff series
http://bkref.com/tiny/XGau3
Duncan 21.6 pts 11.4 rbd 3.13 ast on 0.503 FG% in 38.1 min
Parker 19.6 pts 3.35 rbd 5.43 ast on 0.47 FG% in 36.1 min
Ginobili 15.24 pts 4.15 rbd 3.9 ast on 0.43 FG% in 29.6 min
Robinson 18.4 pts 10.5 rbd 2.4 ast on 0.49 FG% in 34.5 min

Games 5 to 7 of every playoff series
http://bkref.com/tiny/hgBzg
Duncan 22.6 pts 13.3 rbd 3.4 ast on 0.489 FG% in 40.1 min
Parker 17.5 pts 2.6 rbd 5 ast on 0.42 FG% in 36.6 min
Ginobili 16.8 pts 5.1 rbd 4.1 ast on 0.44 FG% in 32.4 min
Robinson 16.3 pts 10.8 rbd 1.6 ast on 0.44 FG% in 33.4 min

So yes Parker is less efficient in 2nd half of series just like Robinson was and slightly Duncan
But it seems on spurstalk it was from 20 ppg to 12 ppg

poeticism707
04-28-2014, 07:12 PM
It's time to man up this will show me who needs a new contract or who needs to be traded.

This.

Spurs bench lit the league on fire during the regular season, and when the playoffs start, they can't put one foot in front of the other.

All bench players can forget about any lurcative role player contracts with the Spurs, or any other team, if they go cry in a corner when it matters most.

For example, Patty Mills, was playing himself into a 4-6m per year contract. Now, as he's proving he's too small, mentally and physically for the playoffs,

and if the Spurs flame out the first round, because he couldn't hit open jumpers he hit all year with ease, then the best he can hope is the vet min.

The worst, though far fetched, is the D League.

tmtcsc
04-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Missed last year too did ya?

Yeah keep shitting on a top 5 pg and potential hall of famer....

I didn't miss last year. On the biggest stage, against the defending Champions, Parker's averages dropped across the board from the previous round. His scoring fell by nearly 7 pts a game and his assists dropped by at least 2. Manu was the main reason we lost the series to the Heat but there's no sugar coating Parker and his 10 pts on 12 attempts in 37 minutes in Game 7.

I like Tony and think he is a top 5 guard in the league but he needs to step up and play better with the amount of trust and responsibility Pop has put on him.

tmtcsc
04-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Why is Kawhi even guarding Ellis?

No clue. I think Green is the better player to match-up with Ellis.

Skull-1
04-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Not sure if you realize that the only part that Pop actually said was in calling out the bench "except Manu. He's sorta a fake bench guy".

the rest of the quote was Skull-1, who is well known Manu-hater.

Manu-Realist. Get it straight, leg humper.

The dude screwed us again. Per par.

trypldubl
04-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Lol. Parker hurting the team.

:downspin:

EVAY
04-29-2014, 07:16 AM
Manu-Realist. Get it straight, leg humper.

The dude screwed us again. Per par.

Well he certainly screwed up big time…but at least it didn't cost us the game…in fact, he was damn close to the MVP of the game last night, imo.