PDA

View Full Version : Manu Foul No-Call + Vince BlatantTravel Missed by Tony Brothers = Spurs Win Game 4

marky
04-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Though it's water under the bridge and Spurs cant cry over spilled milk, there were 2 blatantly obvious missed calls in the last 2 plays of Game 3:

1) Manu was hacked on the hand on the go-ahead layup - no call by the ref which would have potentially put Spurs up 3.

2) Carter traveled and clearly took extra steps once he caught the ball in the corner - watch out he hopped - it's actually one of the most obvious travels I've ever seen!

Watch this youtube video and fast forward to 5:25 mark to see the foul and the BLATANT travel by Vince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWyhlFI3ylU

Now Spurs gotta go play their game, make defensive adjustments and bring back an even series to SA!!

GO SPURS GO!!!

DarrinS
04-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Don't be in a position to lose by that shot, tbh

Hemotivo
:reading

Also the phantom call on Diaw for Monta's and 1

But cmon bro we just gotta move on. It's not like the league is going to apologize for it or something.

Kyle Orton
04-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Shut up faggot. Y'all lost to a fucking 8th seed nuff said LOL

davidbowie
04-28-2014, 10:38 AM
THE FIX IS IN

Malice
04-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Still a loss. Series changing. To an 8 seed...

blizz
04-28-2014, 11:31 AM
The blatant travel not called on Monta then called on mills the next possession. Wtf? I think Monta went and hit a 3 we don't get a shot, 5-6 pt swing possibly.

Budkin
04-28-2014, 11:37 AM
The point is we should be killing these guys. The games shouldn't even come down to missed calls.

RD2191
04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
The point is we should be killing these guys. The games shouldn't even come down to missed calls.

Leetonidas
04-28-2014, 11:40 AM
:cry the refs are screwing us :cry

blizz
04-28-2014, 11:41 AM
By that logic all the higher seeds should be winning their series. It doesn't always work like that. In the playoffs, things are different.

04-28-2014, 11:42 AM
By that logic all the higher seeds should be winning their series. It doesn't always work like that. In the playoffs, things are different.

superjames1992
04-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Spurfan blaming refs for losses, per par... :lol :cry

baseline bum
04-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Also the foul on Bowen at the end of Game 4 and then fucking Diop mugging Tim on the putback.

TheGoldStandard
04-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Wonder what will be the excuse tonight

dallasmaverickslose
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Just stop.

Budkin
04-28-2014, 12:45 PM
:cry the refs are screwing us :cry

The fucking bench is killing us.

cd021
04-28-2014, 01:52 PM
We lost by one. Ginobili hit what should have been the game winner with 1.7 after running the clock down from 25.

cd021
04-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Shut up faggot. Y'all lost to a fucking 8th seed nuff said LOL
What seed was Denver again?....oh ,my bad.

hater
04-28-2014, 02:00 PM
If patti mills, green and marco stop playing for the mavs. We might have a chance in hell

spurs10
04-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Shut up faggot. Y'all lost to a fucking 8th seed nuff said LOL Does Denver still have a basketball team?

Malik Hairston
04-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Refs have been fine in this series, tbh, they aren't going to make those calls at the end of a game..

The only problem I've had with the officiating is that they haven't called Ellis for traveling, even though he travels virtually every time he catches the ball and makes a move, tbh..

cjw
04-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Doesn't clock stop on the foul call? Would have left more time for the game-tying/winning shot (depending on if Manu made the FT) given how long that ball rolled around the rim. Think it left his hand at around 3.5 seconds so potentially an extra two seconds.

Given how many times the league has admitted ref mistakes already this postseason, I don't think there was one here for them to fuss up to.

Harry Callahan
04-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Refs have been fine in this series, tbh, they aren't going to make those calls at the end of a game..

The only problem I've had with the officiating is that they haven't called Ellis for traveling, even though he travels virtually every time he catches the ball and makes a move, tbh..

I just confirmed what I suspected all along by going to the Grantland/ESPN site with an NBA playoffs article. It showed a full view video of Carters "pump fake" on Manu where he shuffles BOTH FEET trying to square up on the shot. The TV feed was from behind and you could not see Carter's feet. This view shows the travel VERY OBVIOUSLY. That is a travel no question about it. The gutless idiot referee did not do the job he was hired to to. In addition, the NBA should acknowledge that blatant error. That was a travel. PERIOD. I don't care if it is the first quarter or the fourth quarter. Manu blocks that shot if Carter properly holds his pivot foot (which he switched AND still shuffled his feet)

One of the three stooges they call referees was looking right at the play and his view was not blocked. He swallows his whistle. Pathetic. There was no way Carter gets off that shot without traveling because of his body momentum. Why even have a rulebook if the rules are poorly enforced.

It just make me more angry about the whole situation. As a result, the Spurs essentially have to win 5 out of 7 instead of 4. That makes the whole series an "*" for Dallas if the "win" in six or seven games. If it goes five, then Dallas probably earned it.

lefty
04-28-2014, 03:24 PM
CONSPIRACY !!!!!!

Chomag
04-28-2014, 03:25 PM
During end game situations Refs usually will let the players decide who wins the game.

Harry Callahan
04-28-2014, 03:30 PM
During end game situations Refs usually will let the players decide who wins the game.

Watch the Grantland video and tell me that's a play they should let go. It was about as bad and Fisher clubbing Brent Barry when he was trying to shoot a three. MISSED OBVIOUS CALL.

They let the player decide the game regardless. He traveled. This was WWF ridiculous.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-28-2014, 03:30 PM
First, why the hell has this random Denver fan not been banned yet? No reason for him to be on this site, just a bored troll.

Second, yeah Vince traveled, and yes Manu was fouled, but oh well, I'm not going to complain. With basketball these days, refs have this idea that late in a game, rules go out the window a little bit. I completely disagree with that, as no matter how much time is left, the rules should be enforced as they have been all game long. So IMO, I do believe Manu should've gotten an And 1 and Vince should've been called for a travel. But, like I said before, not surprised to see the refs swallow their whistle late in the game, especially in the favor of home team in a tight playoff game, it's to be expected from refs. But that doesn't mean I support refs in any way, I think refs are the dumbest human beings in the world and it doesn't matter if I have any rooting interest or not, but I always want to punch refs in the nuts no matter the sport simply because they're crooked and stupid individuals with giant egos. I really hate refs.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-28-2014, 03:32 PM

I expect that, but I strongly disagree with it. It doesn't matter how much time is left, rules are rules and the job of officials is to enforce those rules. Another reason I hate refs, they are far too biased during games and let their own judgment impact the game when they have one simply job, enforce the rules, which they cannot do.

Harry Callahan
04-28-2014, 03:33 PM
First, why the hell has this random Denver fan not been banned yet? No reason for him to be on this site, just a bored troll.

Second, yeah Vince traveled, and yes Manu was fouled, but oh well, I'm not going to complain. With basketball these days, refs have this idea that late in a game, rules go out the window a little bit. I completely disagree with that, as no matter how much time is left, the rules should be enforced as they have been all game long. So IMO, I do believe Manu should've gotten an And 1 and Vince should've been called for a travel. But, like I said before, not surprised to see the refs swallow their whistle late in the game, especially in the favor of home team in a tight playoff game, it's to be expected from refs. But that doesn't mean I support refs in any way, I think refs are the dumbest human beings in the world and it doesn't matter if I have any rooting interest or not, but I always want to punch refs in the nuts no matter the sport simply because they're crooked and stupid individuals with giant egos. I really hate refs.

The integrity of the game takes a hit with stuff like this. Unfortunately, all the league wants to address is Donald Sterling. That is not the only significant issue going on here.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-28-2014, 03:36 PM
The integrity of the game takes a hit with stuff like this. Unfortunately, all the league wants to address is Donald Sterling. That is not the only significant issue going on here.

Unfortunately it's in all sports, I wish someone would address it. And I swear, usually when they do blow the whistle late in the game, it's a horrible call. However, the Donald Sterling issue is pretty significant.

spurtech09
04-28-2014, 03:40 PM
just got to let it go and move on....spurs will win big in game for.....spurs got this :)

Harry Callahan
04-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Unfortunately it's in all sports, I wish someone would address it. And I swear, usually when they do blow the whistle late in the game, it's a horrible call. However, the Donald Sterling issue is pretty significant.

Yes, the old creepy Sterling is going to disappear for awhile. He figures out a way to screw up a great season for the LACs

Beaverfuzz
04-28-2014, 04:01 PM

This.

jARS mEsH sEt
04-28-2014, 04:12 PM
The most egregious call down the stretch was Diaw's phantom foul on Monta. There was comparable phantom contact on Manu on that potential game winner, and yet no whistle. Consistency near the end of the game would be nice, but overall I cant' find much to whine about. This wasn't a game 6 2012 WCF atrocity. There were bad calls here and there, but it mostly balanced out overall.