PDA

View Full Version : diet soda: good or bad

Blake
04-28-2014, 11:12 AM
".... (Reuters) - Take another sip of that Diet Coke without fear that it may be spurring your appetite. Apparently, diet soda drinkers don't eat any more sugary or fatty foods than people who stick with water instead, according to a U.S. study.Some researchers have proposed that drinks sweetened with artificial sugar might disrupt hormones involved in hunger and satiety cures, causing people to eat more. Others hypothesized that diet beverages could boost the drinker's preference for sweet tastes, translating to more munching on high-calorie treats."Our study does not provide evidence to suggest that a short-term consumption of diet beverages, compared with water, increases preferences for sweet foods and beverages," wrote lead researcher Carmen Piernas in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.Piernas, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health, and her colleagues, looked at 318 overweight or obese adults in North Carolina, all of whom said they consumed at least 280 calories' worth of drinks each day.........."

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#story/ct-diet-soda-health-risk-perspec-0409-jm-20140409-2/

Blake
04-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Coke Zero with vanilla is delicious. I hope I don't die from it.

The Reckoning
04-28-2014, 11:26 AM
someone told me the artificial sweeteners cause cancer but idk bout det

Leetonidas
04-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Aspartame is made from E. Coli shit and methadone iirc, pretty gross

Spur-Addict
04-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Bad

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
someone told me the artificial sweeteners cause cancer but idk bout det

dont think MSG is killing people man

CuckingFunt
04-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Artificial sweeteners taste like evil. All of them.

lefty
04-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Real sugar or articial Sweeteners ...

What difference does it make?

Just read the ingredients list on a can of soda .... what the fuck are those ingredients supposed to be?

You are just drinking something out of a Nazi laboratory TBH

sook
04-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Your body still thinks its consuming sugar so it still releases insulin. This is not good for diabetics or people looking to lose weight (insulin directs your body to deposit fat as well)

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Real sugar or articial Sweeteners ...

What difference does it make?

Just read the ingredients list on a can of soda .... what the fuck are those ingredients supposed to be?

You are just drinking something out of a Nazi laboratory TBH

exactly. what the fuck are they supposed to be. Sometime, I'll stare at the back of the shampoo bottle and wonder what the fuck. You're telling me I need all of that for clean hair?

lefty
04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
exactly. what the fuck are they supposed to be. Sometime, I'll stare at the back of the shampoo bottle and wonder what the fuck. You're telling me I need all of that for clean hair?
but shampoo is not as bad; you are not ingesting it (ok sometimes by accident )

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2014, 12:30 PM
but shampoo is not as bad; you are not ingesting it (ok sometimes by accident )

IDK. You're putting in on your head and some of those ingredients are bound to be nanotechnology that gets right through your skin.

but yeah...the stuff they put in diet soda is poison. I read a bunch of stuff a while back about some possible links between aspartame and Alzheimer's and other diseases.

resistanze
04-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Artificial sweeteners taste like evil. All of them.

Dat aftertaste.

Sugar or water - fuck that other shit.

FkLA
04-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Used to hate diet soda, now its all I drink. Regular soda actually tastes weird to me now.

I'm not giving it up. Almost everything supposedly contributes to cancer nowadays anyway tbh.

Blake
04-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Used to hate diet soda, now its all I drink. Regular soda actually tastes weird to me now.

I'm not giving it up. Almost everything supposedly contributes to cancer nowadays anyway tbh.

Yeah, i think like anything, it's about moderation. I can't find any real studies that say having 1-2 diet sodas is harmful.

The Gemini Method
04-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Aspartame causes my migraines to act up--so I try not to touch any artificial sweeteners. I would stick with regular if you choose to partake in soda drinking. I think maybe one every 2 weeks is what I do. Although holidays usually mess that notion up pretty quickly.

lefty
04-28-2014, 02:48 PM
IDK. You're putting in on your head and some of those ingredients are bound to be nanotechnology that gets right through your skin.

but yeah...the stuff they put in diet soda is poison. I read a bunch of stuff a while back about some possible links between aspartame and Alzheimer's and other diseases.
But again, even without aspartame, lot of chemical stuff

All that shit can give tooth decay, trigger migraines, cause hair loss (that's right)

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2014, 03:03 PM
But again, even without aspartame, lot of chemical stuff

All that shit can give tooth decay, trigger migraines, cause hair loss (that's right)

another poster just PM'd me...he said to ask if they also cause erectile dysfunction and man boobs.

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2014, 03:10 PM
but for realsies...what do people expect. the shit you digest is going to have more impact (negative or positive) on your body than exercise, environment, genetics, etc.
Assuming normal conditions and not some legless African American with Down's syndrome who lives in the sewer.

The Reckoning
04-28-2014, 03:11 PM
CF still posts here?

Katherine Robinson
04-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Diet Soda will erode your teeth and take its toll on your gastrointestinal system over time (yes, even with 1 soda a day). You exchange sugar for a few extra chemicals, perhaps more caffeine, when you choose it over the corn syrup enhanced alternative. These things are far more relevant than potential cancer causing side-effects, as the former will happen while the latter might happen regardless of what you drink.

DJR210
04-28-2014, 04:11 PM
We're all gonna die at some point, might as well die happy with a diet soda in hand.

Chris
04-28-2014, 04:17 PM
It's bad, even if you want to lose weight. Even the 10 calorie shit. Like Blake said everything in moderation, but filtered water and green tea (proper green tea not that bottled sugar crap) are so healthy for you.

UZER
04-28-2014, 06:29 PM
It's bad, even if you want to lose weight. Even the 10 calorie shit. Like Blake said everything in moderation, but filtered water and green tea (proper green tea not that bottled sugar crap) are so healthy for you.

But what kind of filtered water?

Chris
04-28-2014, 06:45 PM
But what kind of filtered water?

I prefer Zero water but the filters run out really fast! I used the device they give you to measure other bottled water and such and nothing comes close to its purity.

Expert
04-28-2014, 06:48 PM
I know the deal with it but it's a bit on the heavy Latin.. medical side of things so I'm sure most of you wouldn't have any idea what I'm telling you. Just read CNN.

CosmicCowboy
04-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Tito's and diet 7-up is the bomb.

Chewbacca
04-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah, i think like anything, it's about moderation. I can't find any real studies that say having 1-2 diet sodas is harmful.

:lmao

Medvedenko
04-29-2014, 10:30 AM
There's no proof anywhere that links's aspartime to any cancer causing agents. It's all big sugar spreading nonsence really. Do some research, even on the Cancer Institute of Canada they have a link stating the effects of aspartime and that it has no links to any cancers. The EU just did a study as well, dispelling the myths of what the chemical actually does.
Sugar is by farrrrrrrrrrrr worse for the body, and it's been linked to way more health issues.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/10/holdeu-sweetener-idUSL6N0JO2VP20131210
EU food safety body sees no new health risk from aspartame
Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:39am EST

* Studies have linked aspartame to cancer, premature births

* EFSA says one of most extensive assessments yet

BRUSSELS Dec 10 (Reuters) - The artificial sweetener aspartame - widely used in low-calorie soft drinks - poses no health risks at currently approved consumption levels, the European Union's food safety watchdog said on Tuesday.

The finding by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) will be seen as a victory for companies such as The Coca-Cola Co., which uses aspartame in Diet Coke, Coke Zero and other products.

In August, the company took out newspaper adverts in its home city of Atlanta to address consumer fears over the safety of aspartame.

Studies have linked aspartame to health risks, including cancer and premature birth, and have been blamed for a drop in sales of diet soda in the United States.

But food safety regulators on both sides of the Atlantic have called these results into question, citing data gaps in the studies and other concerns.

In its latest scientific review, Parma, Italy-based EFSA said it had found no evidence of safety concerns at the current EU "acceptable daily intake" (ADI) level for aspartame of 40 milligrams per kilogram (mg/kg) of body weight.

"This opinion represents one of the most comprehensive risk assessments of aspartame ever undertaken," Alicja Mortensen, chairwoman of EFSA's Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources Added to Foods (ANS Panel), said in a statement.

"It's a step forward in strengthening consumer confidence in the scientific underpinning of the EU food safety system and the regulation of food additives."

A can of diet soda usually contains about 180 milligrams of aspartame, which means that an adult weighing 75 kilograms would need to drink more than 16 cans per day to exceed the EU's ADI level. The U.S. ADI level is slightly higher at 50 mg/kg.

Aspartame is approximately 200 times sweeter than sugar and is also sold under the brand name NutraSweet. It was first granted EU-wide approval for food use in 1994 and has been subject to several reviews by EU and national regulators.

Blake
04-29-2014, 10:35 AM

Mute

CuckingFunt
04-29-2014, 10:39 AM
CF still posts here?

Nope.

It's an illusion.

The Gemini Method
04-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Nope.

It's an illusion.

Awww. CF was one of my favorite posters tbh.

The Reckoning
04-29-2014, 10:46 AM
bummer. never did figure out what gender she's partial towards.

Leetonidas
04-29-2014, 10:52 AM
According to the patent, which is available for the public to read online, genetically modified E. coli are cultivated in tanks and fed so that they can defecate the proteins that contain the aspartic acid-phenylalanine amino acid segment used to make aspartame. The proteins are then collected and treated in a process called methylation to produce the sweetener.

mrsmaalox
04-29-2014, 11:18 AM
I'll never give up my Diet Pepsi.

xmas1997
04-29-2014, 01:57 PM

Plus it leaves a terrible after taste in your mouth similar to what Blake does in ST.

Blake
04-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Plus it leaves a terrible after taste in your mouth similar to what Blake does in ST.

Naw that terrible taste in your mouth is from the shittalking you've been doing, ivy leaguer.

Medvedenko
04-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Who cares....there's traces of fecal matter from various sources in everything we consume.

Blake
04-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Who cares....there's traces of fecal matter from various sources in everything we consume.

Lol

Leetonidas
04-29-2014, 02:33 PM

Trace of and being harvested from are not the same thing tbh

xmas1997
04-29-2014, 03:11 PM

Thebesteva
04-29-2014, 03:24 PM
LOL is this thread serious?

xmas1997
04-29-2014, 04:12 PM
LOL is this thread serious?

It's a Blake thread, what did you expect?

silverblk mystix
04-29-2014, 04:35 PM
The OP allows strange men to destroy all his wife's orifices -

while his kid listens....

yet he is concerned about diet soda...:lmao:lmao:lmao

Blake
04-29-2014, 05:21 PM
The OP allows strange men to destroy all his wife's orifices -

while his kid listens....

yet he is concerned about diet soda...:lmao:lmao:lmao

xmas wont demand you apologize to me for that uncalled-for post. He's a hypocrite like that. Same as you. :tu

Bugs Bunny
04-29-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm in search of a midget to bang my wife

ehh, what's up cuck?

Blake
04-29-2014, 05:32 PM
ehh, what's up cuck?

SA210 giving up his mute bit. Lol.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2014, 05:40 PM
lol SA210 seriously breaking his shtick in two threads.

silverblk mystix
04-29-2014, 06:01 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Blake (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7285786#post7285786)
I'm in search of a midget to bang my wife

ehh, what's up cuck?

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin