PDA

View Full Version : If Splitter can keep up the level of play he had in game 3...

dallasmaverickslose
04-28-2014, 12:12 PM
This team can do great things. I have been critical of Tiago this season, but lets be clear, he went to work Saturday. For all the crappy things that happened in that game, Tiago sure was a bright spot. He was racking up boards, scoring very efficiently, and doing a pretty solid job defending.

This is exactly the kind of play we need from Tiago. Consistently. Helps take a bit of the pressure off of Duncan.

Also, I hope we figure out a way to contain Dalembert. Could we potentially see Pop experiment with Baynes on him?

DesignatedT
04-28-2014, 12:13 PM
I agree. Splitter was fantastic in game 3.

TheGoldStandard
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
If Splitter is the solution we gotta lot of problems

dallasmaverickslose
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
If Splitter is the solution we gotta lot of problems

Did I ever say he was the solution?

TheGoldStandard
04-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Did I ever say he was the solution?
No but we are grasping at straws when we are highlighting tiagos play

timtonymanu
04-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Splitter's play has been fantastic. It's too bad majority of the team is struggling at the moment.

Malik Hairston
04-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Splitter has been the best Spur in the series, tbh..

dallasmaverickslose
04-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Splitter's play has been fantastic. It's too bad majority of the team is struggling at the moment.

Indeed. I'm particularly concerned about Diaw.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-28-2014, 12:35 PM

No you're just trying to beat a dead horse with negativity. Splitter was a bright spot. Period.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Splitter has been the best Spur in the series, tbh..

I'd put him right there with Manu, tbh...

Turnovers yada yada... but he really has been balling. Maybe it's just a relief from last year..

TE
04-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Diaw has been horrifying this series.

dallasmaverickslose
04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Diaw has been horrifying this series.

Which is a major disappointment, when you consider the energizing force he was for us mid-season.

timtonymanu
04-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Which is a major disappointment, when you consider the energizing force he was for us mid-season.

He was a little more aggressive in Game 3 but yes he's still underwhelming. Then again, this is Boris Diaw we are talking about. I didnt like Diaw during his first two seasons here because he was so damn passive. He needs to pick it up and go back to Diaw 2.0.

Raven
04-28-2014, 12:48 PM
splitter should play every single sec when dirk is on the floor.

dallasmaverickslose
04-28-2014, 12:56 PM
He was a little more aggressive in Game 3 but yes he's still underwhelming. Then again, this is Boris Diaw we are talking about. I didnt like Diaw during his first two seasons here because he was so damn passive. He needs to pick it up and go back to Diaw 2.0.

Diaw 2.0 was a match up nightmare for the opposition, tbh.

dallasmaverickslose
04-28-2014, 12:57 PM
splitter should play every single sec when dirk is on the floor.

I can't recall, but has Splitter always done a solid job defending Dirk?

Raven
04-28-2014, 01:00 PM
I can't recall, but has Splitter always done a solid job defending Dirk?

i don't know but he is basically the perfect matchup for him, more like a nightmare tbh

cd021
04-28-2014, 01:50 PM
I saw on Spurs nation that this is the 1st time since 01 that Dirk has had 3 straight playoff games under 20 points. If we lose this series....:bang

Johnny RIngo
04-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Splitter's been very good. Unfortunately, Diaw's disappeared leaving the Spurs with only two capable bigs. This is what happens when you waste MLE money on players like Ayres - you're forced to continue playing Diaw because you have no alternative

cjw
04-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Splitter's the reason Dirk has been stifled this series. If we make it to round 2, he'll be critical against LMA.

smaka
04-28-2014, 02:53 PM

Silly comment. If you didn't see how well Splitter played in game 3, you should stop watching basketball.

T Park
04-28-2014, 05:22 PM

Yeah highlighting 14 and 14 is such a reach. Fucking moron.

T Park
04-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Splitter's been very good. Unfortunately, Diaw's disappeared leaving the Spurs with only two capable bigs. This is what happens when you waste MLE money on players like Ayres - you're forced to continue playing Diaw because you have no alternative

Still waiting on the big man they should've signed with the money instead. Have yet to see names only continued retardation.

Johnny RIngo
04-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Have yet to see names only continued retardation.

Coming from the guy who said:

Ayers is a better bigger Malik Rose. Been saying this for a while. Really really excited about this kid. When Diaw goes back to soft offensively, I'd play him down the stretch in smaller situations. Great rebounder.

therealtruth
04-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Splitter earns his money on the defensive end because of his high basketball iq. He's also a really good roller on the pick and roll and good at getting guys open shots through screens and moving the defense.

~Sweetmelody~
04-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Splitter has been great but it sucks that he can't get more whistles. The guy gets hammered at times and can't get a foul.

PingPong
04-28-2014, 06:55 PM
The Manu-Splitter connection wasn't that crisp tbh. I they get back the 2012 level should be good.

MR-Clutch
04-28-2014, 06:56 PM
We could start by not biting on Dalambert's pump fake every time.

jag
04-28-2014, 07:47 PM

:lol

dallasmaverickslose
05-01-2014, 10:36 AM
You can amend this title by replacing 3 with 5, tbh...

will_spurs
05-01-2014, 10:39 AM
... and 5. Tiago's play during the 4th quarter was just crazy.

dallasmaverickslose
05-01-2014, 10:40 AM
... and 5. Tiago's play during the 4th quarter was just crazy.

Tiago was an animal in the 4th. That might've been some of the best baskrtball I've ever seen him play, tbh.

That pick-n-roll play with Patty in the 4th was outstanding.

will_spurs
05-01-2014, 10:44 AM
The crisp pass to Parker just after securing an offensive rebound off Parker's miss was also amazing (with about 7 minutes left in the 4th).

Embedded
05-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Tiago Splitter has shown up HUGE. He was probably the MVP of game 5.

BatManu20
05-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Tiago's been great but to to expect him to keep this up against better teams is unrealistic imo, especially against moe athletic teams like OKC and Miami, if it comes to that.

T Park
05-01-2014, 01:58 PM

Still waiting

Chinook
05-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Still waiting on the big man they should've signed with the money instead. Have yet to see names only continued retardation.

There isn't one. The only other speculated target was Dante Cunningham, but the Wolves unexpectedly picked up his option. There really wasn't a better big the Spurs could have gotten for Ayres' money. But there were some that they could have tried to trade for or used the full MLE to acquire instead of signing Beli.

jimbo
05-02-2014, 01:52 AM
Tiago's been great but to to expect him to keep this up against better teams is unrealistic imo, especially against moe athletic teams like OKC and Miami, if it comes to that.

Well this was the kind of series the Spurs got him for to avoid those 1-8 seed series losses. No one should expect him to be able to defend Lebron at the 4. He's fine against OKC if they play a bigger lineup. He can't do Durant at the 4 either.

MI21
05-02-2014, 02:01 AM
There isn't one. The only other speculated target was Dante Cunningham, but the Wolves unexpectedly picked up his option. There really wasn't a better big the Spurs could have gotten for Ayres' money. But there were some that they could have tried to trade for or used the full MLE to acquire instead of signing Beli.

Would google but am on my phone, what does Jermaine O'Neal make?

Chinook
05-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Would google but am on my phone, what does Jermaine O'Neal make?

He would have fit in the gap, but he would have been a pretty risky pickup given his injury history and global decline. Plus, he is a center-only big when the Spurs already had four players who could play the five and needed a mobile four. That also doesn't account for the fact that the Spurs seemed to be trying to preserve room in the MLE to be able to sign a rookie to a contract longer than two years. O'Neal's current salary ($2 Million) would not have allowed that.

Chinook
05-02-2014, 02:08 AM
The best big I see for Ayres money is Antic, who's a very unique player in that he's a stretch-five. But he's a chucker and doesn't seem very mobile (or good in other aspects of defense).

kjhip1
05-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Jermaine has been a very useful pickup for the Warriors this year. I like his toughness and his ability to get on the glass. However, Big Fat Baby pulled a busch league stunt and injured O'neal's right knee today. Dont know if anyone saw that tonight! The problem I have with Ayers is he cant hold on to the ball and he sucks something else on D. Ill admit some of his dunks have been nice, but the majority of the time he loses the ball going up for a dunk or he gets rim checked..Bill Simmons used to think that kid out of LSU would be so much better if he was on he Spurs...forgot his name but he spent some time on warriors and he always posted gaudy numbers in the summer league with Anthony Morrow

Baam
05-02-2014, 02:28 AM

Copeland signed by Indiana because they didn't want Ayres the scrub back for more than the minimum...

spurspokesman
05-02-2014, 05:24 AM
You can amend this title by replacing 3 with 5, tbh...

testies
05-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Splitter was instrumental against golden state and grizzlies last year... that is semi-finals and finals of conference.. I get so pissed that no one remembers this, AAUtards that only see Stats and blocked shots

therealtruth
05-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Splitter was instrumental against golden state and grizzlies last year... that is semi-finals and finals of conference.. I get so pissed that no one remembers this, AAUtards that only see Stats and blocked shots

Not only that he's a good pick setter. Alot of those 3's we hit in game 3 of the Finals were because of picks he set.

Drom John
05-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Jermaine O'Neal salary is $2M on the nose.