PDA

View Full Version : Pop has no clue..

apalisoc_9
04-28-2014, 09:10 PM
- The most obvious adjustments

- More leonard post up

- More green

- Playoff roation

Instead he goes with more belli and bench minutes..

Completely the opposite of what's expected of him..

He's trying to prove that his system is more important the players.

spursfan1000
04-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Seriously we need to get rid of Parker, hes useless in the playoffs.

DesignatedT
04-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Lol

hater
04-28-2014, 10:04 PM
well he did sit the 2nd and 3rd worst playoff performers of the year. Green and the Italian pony. that's a start

timtonymanu
04-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Leonard and Green need to start playing better first. It's not all on Pop.

hater
04-28-2014, 10:05 PM
in other words. he sat the worst defender in the playoffs and the worst offensive player in the playoffs.

:pctoss if we could possibly merge Green and Belli into 1 player, that would be one hell of a player :pctoss

bklynspursfan
04-28-2014, 10:10 PM
I like the Mills/Parker combo. Mills was a pest on Calderon

hater
04-28-2014, 10:12 PM
I like the Mills/Parker combo. Mills was a pest on Calderon

it has more to do with the 1 trick pony sitting on the bench IMO. this piece of shit Green should have been traded right after game 7 as I requested

Kool Bob Love
04-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Kawhi post up.:toast

bklynspursfan
04-28-2014, 10:17 PM
it has more to do with the 1 trick pony sitting on the bench IMO. this piece of shit Green should have been traded right after game 7 as I requested

Was disappointed he didn't add more to his game this off season. I mean teams know he can shoot, I was hoping he'd work on his ball handling/spot up shot/floater or SOMETHING. but he's still as bad as he was last year in that regard. Potentially against someone like Portland or Houston it might be better since they are pretty poor defensively. But this series, there's a focus on him.

mouse
04-29-2014, 02:52 AM
Seriously we need to get rid of Parker, hes useless in the playoffs.

How people talk like this and call themselves Spur fans?

jkid12456
04-29-2014, 03:18 AM
:rollin

bluebellmaniac
04-29-2014, 03:23 AM

We grow up in a city where it is common to tear down those among us who are likely to succeed. You see it especially in schools, more so in the areas of lower social-economic status. The smart kids are ostracized and pressured to dumb down to the level of the majority.

So when a star performer begins to come down a little, the inclination that is learned by these people is to tear down, tear down, tear down. I find it easier to use the ignore function of this site than to reduce one's self to responding to a troll like position.

Pop is a hall of fame coach. He forgets more basketball in a day than most posters on this forum will ever know.

We build houses of worship for the 13th player on the team and tear them down when they fail us by not becoming an all-star. As for myself, I shall root for my team and believe and hope in them until the end.

Chucho
04-29-2014, 03:48 AM
We grow up in a city where it is common to tear down those among us who are likely to succeed. You see it especially in schools, more so in the areas of lower social-economic status. The smart kids are ostracized and pressured to dumb down to the level of the majority.

So when a star performer begins to come down a little, the inclination that is learned by these people is to tear down, tear down, tear down. I find it easier to use the ignore function of this site than to reduce one's self to responding to a troll like position.

Pop is a hall of fame coach. He forgets more basketball in a day than most posters on this forum will ever know.

We build houses of worship for the 13th player on the team and tear them down when they fail us by not becoming an all-star. As for myself, I shall root for my team and believe and hope in them until the end.

Jesus Christ, you just won the internet. God bless you. And I thought this place was too littered with stupid to ever read again and you...yes you....helped me regain a little bit of faith.

Tim_5rings
04-29-2014, 04:13 AM
I'm not an hater like some of you guys & I love Spurs roster (some players more than others)

but Tony was horrible he need to _ wake up! he need to find an awnser vs Marion (Finals 2011 Lebron stopper so a good defender/player) stop turnover, take bad decision, refuse open shot (he way better than this poor play)he lose confidence

It's a game series where you need to use your balls not head, Its a Manu games (some bad shots, bad pass ,high risks/high rewards but a lot of guts) It's a fight

Dallas plays theirs playoffs since March vs Phoenix & vs Menphis to win a 8th or 7th seed
Spurs play with little intensity, turnover roster, moderates minutes & except Manu (but I think is doing too much)& Splitter they're not IN playoffs fighting spirit

I include the bench(nice G4 only), timmy (nice G1), Kawhi, Danny

But the worst is Tony (I am quite a big three fanboy)

freetiago
04-29-2014, 04:17 AM
dont know why everyone thinks Green is bad
Mavs designed their defense specifically to take Green out of the series

in order to take something away you have to give something up
to take the Spurs 3 point shooters out of the series they have to live with Tony and Duncan abusing mismatches
unfournately for the Spurs Tony cant do it for more than 1 quarter and Duncan has been inconsistent in doing it

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-29-2014, 06:09 AM
No, Pop strategy is why the Spurs are going to win this series. The Mavs, now that games are only one night off at this point, are going to be gassed for Wednesday game against the Spurs. They were gassed last night and needed every ounce of energy (and Parker's horrendous 3Q play) just to stem a comeback. This is exactly what happen to GS last year. They couldn't keep up with the Spurs depth.

I was getting sick of these two nights off games b/c it was benefiting the Mavs more than the Spurs.

Dallas shot only 38% from the field and 65% from the FT line AT HOME. That is a sign of a team being fatigue. If it wasn't for Parker's TO's and ill advise shots in the 3rd quarter, the Spurs would have won this one in a blowout.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-29-2014, 06:19 AM
dont know why everyone thinks Green is bad
Mavs designed their defense specifically to take Green out of the series

Green's struggling is a consequence of Mavs's gameplan, which has worked greatly so far, but by no means have they targeted him specifically. They close down on shooters, they foul a lot to disrupt the plays, which has resulted in the Spurs ball movement being awful, thus shooters can't find open shots. Not just Green. Like you said, it's up to Tony and Manu to penetrate a lot, up to Tim to abuse them in the paint and up to Leonard to finally start taking advantage in the post. All doable.

The Reckoning
04-29-2014, 06:24 AM
- The most obvious adjustments

- More leonard post up

- More green

- Playoff roation

Instead he goes with more belli and bench minutes..

Completely the opposite of what's expected of him..

He's trying to prove that his system is more important the players.

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/603686_10203669937217029_738083999101738611_n.jpg

therealtruth
04-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Meanwhile Bud is out coaching Vogel. I think we kept the wrong coach. Can you imagine what Bud would do with this team? The series would be over by now.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-29-2014, 07:26 AM
Meanwhile Bud is out coaching Vogel. I think we kept the wrong coach. Can you imagine what Bud would do with this team? The series would be over by now.

No, don't think Dallas would have swept them. Prob 4-1 tbqh.

spurspokesman
04-29-2014, 07:28 AM
in other words. he sat the worst defender in the playoffs and the worst offensive player in the playoffs.

:pctoss if we could possibly merge Green and Belli into 1 player, that would be one hell of a player :pctoss Belli has sucked on offense also

cd021
04-29-2014, 07:51 AM
well he did sit the 2nd and 3rd worst playoff performers of the year. Green and the Italian pony. that's a start
75 minutes for Green and only 11 pts. Glad to see you arent going down with the ship on Belli. At this point they probably aren't going to contribute much in this series. Maybe in the Portland /Houston series if we advance that far

cd021
04-29-2014, 07:54 AM

Having Millsap and Antic and the option to go small with Carol means Hibbert never even had aa chance at defending them. That series is more about personel not to take anything away from Bud

cd021
04-29-2014, 07:58 AM

:pctoss if we could possibly merge Green and Belli into 1 player, that would be one hell of a :pctoss

Mills and Joseph too

Pocho La Pantera
04-29-2014, 08:09 AM
[/B]Mills and Joseph tooScarlett, Bill Gates and my wife would work for me too.

SupremeGuy
04-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Tony Parker has sucked dick this series, stop being blind french-cum-swallowing faggots. Not just him though. Tim being intimidated by fucking 5 foot 3 Blair makes me want to throw up, tbh.

DesignatedT
04-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Tim being intimidated by fucking 5 foot 3 Blair makes me want to throw up, tbh.

Tim has never been intimidated in his career. He's 38 years old. Blair is good at what he does and Tim is getting old.

SupremeGuy
04-29-2014, 10:36 AM
Tim has never been intimidated in his career. He's 38 years old. Blair is good at what he does and Tim is getting old.Dude, I know. Shaq openly gets wet telling stories how Tim never got intimidated, but it's fucking sad seeing him not want to tear blair up, tbh. :cry

Beaverfuzz
04-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Dude, I know. Shaq openly gets wet telling stories how Tim never got intimidated, but it's fucking sad seeing him not want to tear blair up, tbh. :cry

He let Blair tear himself up. Stupid is as stupid does.

Dverde
04-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Tim has never been intimidated in his career. He's 38 years old. Blair is good at what he does and Tim is getting old.

He is 38 years old and much lighter. I didn't think he was intimidated. Blair is a round mound that was pushing him illegally. Refs usually make calls to stop that garbage from happening. Timmy has dealt with players like that in the past. I doubt he is remotely worried about Blair.

SpurYank
04-29-2014, 11:52 AM
The name of this thread is one for the ages. We are talking Hall of Fame here, and one of our SpurTalk experts chimes in with a profound remark such as this. Simply mahvelous!

Cry Havoc
04-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Spurs fans are some of the most moronic basketball fans I've ever seen.

spursfan1000
04-29-2014, 09:51 PM
Sorry , if someone is useless in the playoffs and gets paid so much money, time to spend that money somewhere elsewhere. im a spurs fan not a parker fan

SpurYank
04-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Hmm. is everyone who posts here still in high school, and hiding it? I get it now. You are all in the schizophrenic stage of development. I can tell you don't know whether you're going, or coming.