PDA

View Full Version : Does Blair get suspended for a game or whatever for the kick?

TE
04-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Had to pose this question with how soft the NBA has become...

cjw
04-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Donald Sterling will get suspended first.

Given the Nene precedent, I think he does get sent home a game. Hopefully not the same outcome as Washington realized though.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Doubt it. Sterling is on everybody's agenda right now.

Malik Hairston
04-28-2014, 11:40 PM
Hopefully not, tbh..

Blair was absolutely horrendous in the 3 previous games of the series..hopefully Carlisle buys into tonight's anomaly..

rayray2k8
04-28-2014, 11:49 PM
No. He shouldn't have been ejected in this game. I was just as shocked as some of the mav fans.

Mugen
04-28-2014, 11:50 PM
:lol I hope not. That piece of shit had the game of his life only to kick it away tbh.........

Malik Hairston
04-28-2014, 11:50 PM
No. He shouldn't have been ejected in this game. I was just as shocked as some of the mav fans.

How does kicking somebody not warrant an ejection?:lol..

Expert
04-28-2014, 11:53 PM
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/DMCSPURS/splitter_zps0e883df0.jpg

Dex
04-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Doubtful. The League will probably rule that the ejection was enough. Didn't even look that malicious tbh.

dallasmaverickslose
04-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Probably not suspended tbh, but the ejection was well deserved.

dav4463
04-28-2014, 11:56 PM
blow to the head? usually a suspension.

DesignatedT
04-28-2014, 11:56 PM
You can't kick someone in the head. If he kicked him in the arm then no ejection but not the fuckin head. That was ridiculous.

jermaine
04-28-2014, 11:57 PM

Lmmfao

Shastafarian
04-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Seems like precedence says he will get suspended. But I wouldn't be surprised if not with a gray area of intent.

Random5843
04-28-2014, 11:58 PM
I didn't watch the game but I kinda hope not. We need his defense.

SupremeGuy
04-28-2014, 11:59 PM
If Duncan is going to continue to be a giant pussy going up against blair, Pop better throw in Baynes already.

vander
04-29-2014, 12:02 AM
he was just stretching out his legs, he pulled back as soon as he felt tiago's head

rayray2k8
04-29-2014, 12:04 AM
How does kicking somebody not warrant an ejection?:lol..

More of a reaction then something that was intended. Blair wasn't even looking. The NBA has gotten really soft. I'm actually making a case for the mavs, here. :|

noles1983
04-29-2014, 12:05 AM
http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/e2djhi.gif

noles1983
04-29-2014, 12:06 AM
dude knew splitter was there, he only stretches out one leg all the way. did it on purpose

Shastafarian
04-29-2014, 12:06 AM
More of a reaction then something that was intended. Blair wasn't even looking. The NBA has gotten really soft. I'm actually making a case for the mavs, here. :|

You have to toss him with the rules in place and previous ejections. I don't think he should be suspended. He absolutely knew where Splitter was in my opinion.

sexinthatsx
04-29-2014, 12:07 AM
he was just stretching out his legs, he pulled back as soon as he felt tiago's head

umm no, he knew exactly where Splitter's head was at.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/blair-kicks-splitter-head-042458709.html

rayray2k8
04-29-2014, 12:09 AM
You have to toss him with the rules in place and previous ejections. I don't think he should be suspended. He absolutely knew where Splitter was in my opinion.

Man, call me old fashion but I really didn't think much of it. I'm the type of guy that was use to the 90's basketball. Again, I don't think he did it on purpose, but that's my opinion. I hate the new NBA.

Shastafarian
04-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Man, call me old fashion but I really didn't think much of it. I'm the type of guy that was use to the 90's basketball. Again, I don't think he did it on purpose, but that's my opinion. I hate the new NBA.
Well in this case I'm all for punishing stupidity. Intentional or not he was being an idiot. He kicked a guy in the face and he has to accept the consequences.

crc21209
Reaction or not, he still kicked a guy in the head and it wasnt by accident...

sexinthatsx

i know you're just trying to stir the pot, but just look at it objectively. It wasn't a hard kick, but there was intent; his legs were doing some type of extracurricular activity down there. I can see if he accidentally steps on his face while getting up, but the extra kick shows otherwise.

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-29-2014, 12:11 AM
I hope not. He had a good game today, but in most games he's just a doormat to the rim.

kjhip1
04-29-2014, 12:12 AM
I hate the new nba too but looking at that, rules are rules and he freakin gave a cheap shot. Tried playing it off. Tiago prolly made a comment about eating whataburger before the game

Shastafarian
04-29-2014, 12:12 AM
He's a decent rebounder and can defend when he's allowed to foul so frequently. I was happy to see him ejected but that's my bias as a fan.

sexinthatsx
04-29-2014, 12:13 AM

That would be awesome, but bringing back old fashioned basketball is something the Spurs can't afford right now. I highly doubt Tim Duncan, Ginobili, or Parker has it in them to throw some elbows while going up for the layup or hacking someone hard. A Robert Horry hipcheck will be okay though lol

Mugen
04-29-2014, 12:14 AM

:lol kicking somebody in the head would have been an ejection in the 90s as well tbh

hater
04-29-2014, 12:14 AM
I hope he isn't he's the Spurs best 6th man IMO

Dex
04-29-2014, 12:15 AM
I'd kinda rather see Dejuan play, tbh. He's gonna go out there and try to repeat that performance, and I'd be apt to let him try it.

Dude had a great game (which he still managed to ruin with a dumb mistake), but he still is who he is.

siraulo23
04-29-2014, 12:16 AM
he just wanted to commit a cheap shot, but was too dumb to realize it was too obvious

i hope he doesnt get suspended for that

Trill Clinton
04-29-2014, 12:16 AM
@playbair, wya?

Budkin
04-29-2014, 12:18 AM
No but that was just stupid. What a fucking idiot.

GSH
04-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Bruce Bowen got suspended for a game, for kicking Chris Paul in the head going for a loose ball. It ended his consecutive game streak (at 500), cost him $37K, and was effectively the beginning of the end of Bowen's career. (The league basically acknowledged that they were sending a message - the calls went instantly against him from that point onward.) What Bowen did was definitely no worse than what Blair did tonight. I don't know if Blair specifically targeted Tiago's head, but he knew Tiago was at his feet and he deliberately mule-kicked at his head area. And the fact that it hit Tiago in the head is all that matters. Remember Kevin Willis' suspension in the first round of the playoffs? It didn't matter whether Willis specifically targeted Scott Williams' throat. He threw an elbow (behind him) to that general area. And the league has ALWAYS said that is a 1 game suspension.

Blair should be suspended for a game, without any question, and Bowen is as good a precedent as anyone needs. (If Tiago had kicked at a guy like that, I would say that he should be suspended just the same.) I'm guessing that the league is going to decide that it wasn't that bad, and let him play. Most of the people are right - after Blair had a big game, he almost always had an ADHD outing the next game. But letting a kick to the head go would be a message that the league just shouldn't send.

And for all the boneheads saying "it wasn't intentional", look at the replay. He was leaning up, and he absolutely did know that a player's head was in that area when he kicked. It's no different than Willis' reckless elbow. In fact, if I remember right, Willis wasn't even looking back. He knew a player was there, and knew about where his head was. If the league doesn't suspend him, they will have to change their own historical position.

rayray2k8
04-29-2014, 12:31 AM
:lol kicking somebody in the head would have been an ejection in the 90s as well tbh

I get what you guys are saying, but if that was the case. Bruce would have been ejected in a lot of games and maybe suspended in the past in today's game.
Don't get it twisted, I'm glad the spurs won, but I was actually surprised he was thrown out the game.
That said, time for another beer. :toast

jARS mEsH sEt
04-29-2014, 12:32 AM
There's a better chance that he gets that technical rescinded than him getting suspended further.

Mugen
04-29-2014, 12:32 AM
I get what you guys are saying, but if that was the case. Bruce would have been ejected in a lot of games and maybe suspended in the past in today's game.
Don't get it twisted, I'm glad the spurs won, but I was actually surprised he was thrown out the game.
That said, time for another beer. :toast

Bruce woulda been suspended 20+ games a season if he played in the instant replay era tbh

rayray2k8
04-29-2014, 12:33 AM
Bruce woulda been suspended 20+ games a season if he played in the instant replay era tbh

Fuck instant replay.

Kidd K
04-29-2014, 12:34 AM
He should because Bowen got suspended for "kicking" Chris Paul before and he both kicked him softer and didn't kick him in the head.

NBA already set that precedent. One game suspension at least. Can't kick players in the head.

MultiTroll
04-29-2014, 12:37 AM
Preemptive move by NBA to avoid another Malice at the Palace when Ape Artest and Jackson went into the stands.
I'm sure the players association signed off on it.

Too bad for Blair,he was having the playoff game of his career and definitely was seeking revenge vs Pop and the Spurs FO.

rayray2k8
04-29-2014, 12:38 AM
I'm gonna have to have to look at that reply with out my beer googles on. It didn't look THAT bad to me during the game, but I might change my mind in the afternoon. Doubt the NBA will suspend Blair. Fine maybe, but suspension?
Great series so far though. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

heyheymymy
04-29-2014, 12:50 AM
its clearly intentional out of frustration but as far as impact it was just a tap so we will see. nba takes the players head blows more serious than other issues imo.

Mikeanaro
04-29-2014, 12:54 AM
He should come on, after that Nene headbutting faggotry I think kicking someone´s head is much worse.

Biernutz
04-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Think the Mav's could have used him down the end of the game. Tonight was classic Blair.
Start to have a good game then piss it away. How many times did we see that side of
him do that here.

UZER
04-29-2014, 01:20 AM
Splitter is fucking 7'0" tall laying right in front on him. "He wasnt looking at him" is a lousy excuse. These guys have been plaing basketball, a game built on peripheral vision, their entire lives.

sexinthatsx
04-29-2014, 01:33 AM
I know everybody is talking about Blair's intent. Clearly, the intent can be inferred from the act, or the kick to the head itself

Xevious
04-29-2014, 02:12 AM
Hopefully not, tbh..

Blair was absolutely horrendous in the 3 previous games of the series..hopefully Carlisle buys into tonight's anomaly..
This. Dude is inconsistent as hell. No way he contributes like this in game 5.

spurspokesman
04-29-2014, 05:51 AM
Doubtful. The League will probably rule that the ejection was enough. Didn't even look that malicious tbh.my thoughts also

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-29-2014, 06:18 AM
Considering Nene's suspension, I think there is a strong possibility Blair gets suspended. But with the NBA attention full on Sterling, who knows.

biskvito
04-29-2014, 07:03 AM
It's an intentional foot to the head.

Could result in a concussion, eye damage, neck injury. People had concussions with seat belts during brakes. It's just something you don't want to do, put the force of your leg on someone's face, specially with so much money involved.

If the league wants to send a message they have reasons.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-29-2014, 07:34 AM
I think he was hoping it got missed and Tiago reacts by going after him. Well didn't work and they got the first man in...

lurker
04-29-2014, 09:36 AM
It wouldn't have looked as bad if he hadn't been so vocal about his bitterness towards the Spurs as of late. His own fault for acting a damn fool and making it very easy to believe he'd do something like that intentionally.

superbigtime
04-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Should get suspended one game for kicking another player in the head. No he didn't try to make a field goal with Tiago's head, but he undeniably kicked him. There's nothing to debate.

Embedded
04-29-2014, 11:43 AM
IT's worthy of a suspension, if just to send a message. I mean, seriously, mule-kicking an opponent to the head? That kicking motion is not a basketball play. It was not an attention to get up off his feet. Is was more of an emotional reaction, but could have had dangerous consequences if indeed he didn't know Splitter's head was there. His foot could have gone into Tiago's eye, light tap or not, and caused serious injury. I don't think Blair will do it again if he's made to sit one game.

chrhawk
04-29-2014, 11:51 AM
I hope not Blair on the floor is a great thing for the Spurs. This nigga is the worst defensive big in this series tbh.

Dex
04-29-2014, 12:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4701722/dejuan-blairs-play-short-but-sweet

The Mavs were able to cause a turnover and a leaping Shawn Marion threw the ball blindly back in play in order to avoid returning the favor. Both Blair and Spurs center Tiago Splitter charged at the ball and the officials blew the whistle, calling a foul on Blair. The backup center ended up kicking his legs in disgust of the foul call and his left foot hit Splitter in the head. The officials looked at the video and ruled that a "hostile act" was made, forcing Blair to be ejected from the game.

"It was clearly a reaction to the call," Blair said. "Actually, I didn’t know because I was facing down there so they are going to judge off of what they do.”

Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said his view was distorted, not allowing him to have the cleanest view of the action. But he gave the benefit of the doubt to the officials.

"Scott Foster is one of the best officials," Carlisle said. "If he said that there was a technical foul there and an ejection, then there probably was."

Veteran forward Marion was asked if he had ever seen a hostile act called during a game.

"Hostile act," Marion questioned. "Is that a movie?"

Actually, a hostile act is in the league's rule book, in reference to Rule No. 13 -- Instant Replays, Section 1, a (4) in relation to replay triggers.

The rule book states that the officials can review the play if one player commits a hostile act against another player, resulting in the offending player being ejected from the game. An example would be when a player intentionally or recklessly harms or attempts to harm another player through the use of a punch, elbow, kick or blow to the head.
It remains to be seen if Blair will be given a suspension for the hostile act.

"I mean, it was an accident, so we'll see what happens," Blair said. "It wasn't intentional. I was just reacting to a call that I thought didn't go my way."

Mugen
04-29-2014, 12:07 PM
It wouldn't have looked as bad if he hadn't been so vocal about his bitterness towards the Spurs as of late. His own fault for acting a damn fool and making it very easy to believe he'd do something like that intentionally.

God bless him, lurk. Mavs easily win that game going away if DeJuan wasn't a dumb piece of shit.

TheGoldStandard
04-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Thought it should have been a flagrant.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Some people don't remember Bruce Bowen's suspension, but I'm glad some of you guys are here to set fools straight.

ManuTastic
04-29-2014, 02:10 PM

:lol

BillMc
04-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Blair was suspended for Game 5.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/461288771301175296/photo/1

TE
04-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Rofl Blair

SpurPadre
04-29-2014, 07:05 PM
I have to be non-biased here and say Blair didn't deserve to get suspended. I hope the fat bastard apologized to Tiago, though.

moisaenz
04-29-2014, 07:10 PM
I have to be non-biased here and say Blair didn't deserve to get suspended. I hope the fat bastard apologized to Tiago, though.

He did not but I can assure you that if it was one of the spurs player it would have been the same. Those are the rules.

FkLA
04-29-2014, 07:10 PM
:lol

I like your sig tbh.

apalisoc_9
04-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Bad news for the spurs tbh

Budkin
04-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Blair proving it was the right choice to get rid of him. What an idiot.