PDA

View Full Version : It`s all about Dallas energy

Mal
04-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Only aspect of a game by which Dallas can win this series. Hustle, grind with energy. Blair brought energy from bench and Mavs have woken up. When they played calm, they`ve been owned.

How to pull the plug from them ?

SpursFan86
04-28-2014, 11:40 PM
Playing at home will help (yes, I'm aware they kicked our asses in Game 2). No way they make that comeback tonight if the game was in San Antonio.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-28-2014, 11:42 PM
I had something to say but hose boobs always get me...

freetiago
04-28-2014, 11:43 PM
theyve killing SA in loose balls and offensive rebounds
its pretty bad when Dalembert is killing Duncan on the glass and they just stand around and point when a ball hits the floor

cd98
04-28-2014, 11:44 PM
We looked timid, but Parker, Diaw, and Ginobili made big shots.

texbumTHElife
04-28-2014, 11:45 PM
The Spurs try to defend the Mavericks as if they're defending themselves and the slow ass pick and rolls. They get caught flat footed and get beat off the dribble. They have to play with more energy and up the tempo on both ends of the court.

Malik Hairston
04-28-2014, 11:47 PM
The Mavs' role players outside of Calderon and Carter are all unskilled players that rely entirely on energy and hustle, tbh..Dalembert, Marion and Harris..

Most of their damage has been done in transition, on the boards and grabbing loose balls..

If you can limit those opportunities, none of those 3 players will have an impact on the game, tbh..

Duncan had no mobility tonight, you could tell from the start, hopefully it won't be the case all series(he usually responds well after a bad game, though)..

Bellineli can't grab loose balls or boards, he's completely useless outside of shooting, tbh..

texbumTHElife
04-28-2014, 11:49 PM
The Mavs' role players outside of Calderon and Carter are all unskilled players that rely entirely on energy and hustle, tbh..Dalembert, Marion and Harris..

Most of their damage has been done in transition, on the boards and grabbing loose balls..

If you can limit those opportunities, none of those 3 players will have an impact on the game, tbh..

Duncan had no mobility tonight, you could tell from the start, hopefully it won't be the case all series(he usually responds well after a bad game, though)..

Bellineli can't grab loose balls or boards, he's completely useless outside of shooting, tbh..

Seriously, is the meaning of tbh still "to be honest"? I've never seen an acronym used to prolifically and wrong.

KaiRMD1
04-28-2014, 11:51 PM
The thing about Blair is he is not by any means a good defensive player. If Duncan is being guarded by him, he needs to take advantage of the mismatch just like many people have in the past (which usually leads to him not seeing anymore playing time). It's almost a guarantee Blair will see playing time immediately in game 5 (maybe even start). Good game Spurs, time to bring it on home and take these guys out. Danny Green & Marco need to hit the gym and get their heads right. The rest of the team is getting into playoff form and these two are getting left behind

vander
04-28-2014, 11:51 PM
I almost want to see Spurs force Nowitski to shoot more, at least then the Dallas offense starts to stagnate and lose some energy maybe, and got to focus on getting those rebounds

Mal
04-29-2014, 12:09 AM
I almost want to see Spurs force Nowitski to shoot more, at least then the Dallas offense starts to stagnate and lose some energy maybe, and got to focus on getting those rebounds

That`s good idea. Even if Dirk will hit sky high percentage it will kill Dallas up tempo game. And Spurs could manage them that way. Let him shoot contested jumpers and grab everything that fell off.

look_at_g_shred
04-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Clean up the glass...make them a one and done ball club.

Mal
04-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Clean up the glass...make them a one and done ball club.

Ther are one and done, tbh

crc21209
04-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Our hustle guys just have to match energy. Good thing about tonight was that Mills and Diaw brought the energy, now we need Green or Belinelli to join in as well..

DarrinS
04-29-2014, 12:14 AM
We looked timid, but Parker, Diaw, and Ginobili made big shots.

Not Parker

look_at_g_shred
04-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Ther are one and done, tbh
Uhh no their not dude. Why do u think these last two games have been so close? Sure, we need to execute better, take care of the ball. We need to make sure they don't get any second chance opportunities with these games being so close, every possession counts.

$pursDynasty
04-29-2014, 12:15 AM
theyve killing SA in loose balls and offensive rebounds
its pretty bad when Dalembert is killing Duncan on the glass and they just stand around and point when a ball hits the floor

my feelings exactly,no one wanting it like the Mavs seem to.

$pursDynasty
04-29-2014, 12:17 AM
we aren't taking advantage of mismatches. the mavs attack our paint relentlessly. we have matchup advantages, like KL guarded by Ellis and we refuse to exploit it. the only person that has, was Boris when Dirk got the fouls on him.

freetiago
04-29-2014, 12:19 AM
KL isnt a matchup advantage right now since they just double him and Leonard kicks it out to Parker who does nothign with it
if Diaw is on the floor and Marco then we could take advantage of that but Leonard rarely plays with the bench

and theyve hardly attacked the paint relentlessly
Spurs have abused them in points in the paint
its basically all jumpshots for the MAvs