PDA

View Full Version : Dead Possum Smell....

Ishta
08-09-2005, 03:30 PM
There was a dead Possum in my attic... I swear it was the size of a medium dog....Which surprised me, cause I could've sworn my next door neighbor killed her soon to be ex husband..Does anybody know what will get rid of this smell?It is truly heinous... HELP!!:depressed

SpursWoman
08-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Lime powder....I don't know if you can get it at Lowes, but I know you can get it at a feed store.

:fro

Ishta
08-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Lime powder....I don't know if you can get it at Lowes, but I know you can get it at a feed store.

:fro
Thank You ....SO MUCH!!

KEDA
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Did you eat the possum?

us rednecks think thats good eatin'

Horry For 3!
08-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Nope, don't know how.

Sense
08-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Problem solved?

Ishta
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Problem solved?
Yes...THANK GOD...Exterminator pulled it out..It had burrowed into the insulation right next to my a/c in the attic..At least I can joke about it now....Last night was not pretty

SpursWoman
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Lime is what you use to diffuse the smell of a rotting carcus...not just animals, either. :eyebrows :nerd

Horry For 3!
08-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Yes...THANK GOD...Exterminator pulled it out..It had burrowed into the insulation right next to my a/c in the attic..At least I can joke about it now....Last night was not pretty
:lmao @ next to your a/c

SpursWoman
08-09-2005, 04:01 PM

You called an exterminator? Chicken! :lol :lol

Ishta
08-09-2005, 04:02 PM
:lmao @ next to your a/c

:lol see I can laugh NOW that the dead animal smell is not being pumped into my apartment!:lol

Horry For 3!
08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
:lol see I can laugh NOW that the dead animal smell is not being pumped into my apartment!:lol
Yes but that is pretty funny that it picked that spot.

SpursWoman
08-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Yes but that is pretty funny that it picked that spot.

You find them in attics/ac ducts a lot ... they are looking for water. Which makes it doubly gross that it's being blasted through your vents. :vomit :lol

I've lived through many, many dead possum in my attic. :lol

batman2883
08-09-2005, 04:09 PM
it decided that if it was going to die, it was going to make others suffer too

Ishta
08-09-2005, 04:10 PM
The kicker to the whole deal is I work in the office where I live....

timvp
08-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Did you eat the possum?

us rednecks think thats good eatin'

As the ol' Texan saying goes:

If you can only see the skin, toss it in the bin
If it is still furry, eat it in a hurry

Horry For 3!
08-09-2005, 04:11 PM
You find them in attics/ac ducts a lot ... they are looking for water. Which makes it doubly gross that it's being blasted through your vents. :vomit :lol

I've lived through many, many dead possum in my attic. :lol
Can't say that any possum's are dead in my attic. I don't think they can get in my attic.

SWC Bonfire
08-09-2005, 04:13 PM
You need to find out where it got in and seal it off, or you're going to get another possum, squirrel, rat, bird...whatever get in again.

At least it wasn't a skunk under your house. The remedy for that if they are still alive is to put mothballs under your house and make a trap door that only works one way with hardware cloth (wire mesh) so that he can get out. I recommend that you put the mothballs in a dish or in old hosiery so that you can get them back out, the cure is almost as bad as the problem.

SpursWoman
08-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Can't say that any possum's are dead in my attic. I don't think they can get in my attic.

You'd think they couldn't, but eventually....one will find you. :lol

Ishta
08-09-2005, 04:15 PM
You need to find out where it got in and seal it off, or you're going to get another possum, squirrel, rat, bird...whatever get in again.

At least it wasn't a skunk under your house. The remedy for that if they are still alive is to put mothballs under your house and make a trap door that only works one way with hardware cloth (wire mesh) so that he can get out. I recommend that you put the mothballs in a dish or in old hosiery so that you can get them back out, the cure is almost as bad as the problem.
Well, the problem is they are renovating the property, and doing alot of work on the exterior of the buildings etc....I just hope another one doesn't find it's way back into my building!

Horry For 3!
08-09-2005, 04:19 PM
You'd think they couldn't, but eventually....one will find you. :lol
No way. :)

mouse
08-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Get a phone book and find a Cleaning Ideas by your house, They have this concentrated liquid in a gallon jug that you can mix with 1/2 water and use it for pet odors, it's very strong, and it will kill any smell.

If I was you I would use it full strength, it cost about $19.99 a Jug, right now I have their peach/mango sent, They also have this huge disc it looks like a giant certs candy, it is great it has a nice clean smell and they use it at ft, Sam for the basements, It last for about 5 years,

There is a cleaning ideas on Callahan and Fred Road by the Bonnie and Gene's cocktail lounge, there is one on Austin hwy. across from bun N barrel also.

2Blonde
08-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Ask Heloise. She knows everything.

...2Blonde

Ocotillo
08-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Boy a possum would likely be a helluva a bad smell.

Recently had a smell coming from the chimney. I had to get a chimney sweep and lo and behold there was not one but two dead squirrels.....wonder what they were doing? :p

tlongII
08-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I get bats flying into my chimney all the time.

mouse
08-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Well, the problem is they are renovating the property,

Are there any hardwood floors? I charge 75-125 per room.

Ishta
08-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Are there any hardwood floors? I charge 75-125 per room.
No, they are focusing on the exterior of the property!