PDA

View Full Version : If we lose tonight, we probably lose the series.

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 09:59 AM
There's no way I see us winning 2 straight against these Mavs if they snatch a win on our floor tonight. The momentum is still very much in their favor with that fearless underdog attitude of theirs. A win at the AT&T Center tonight would all but seal it for the Mavs, in my opinion. So, the stakes are VERY high tonight. If we win this series, I think it will have to go 7 games, because I don't think we'll steal another win at their place. That crowd will be way to pumped up and energizing for the Mavs. If the Mavs win tonight, they could very well close it at their place in 6.

The Spurs must come out firing on all cylinders tonight and get the AT&T Center crowd pumped up and on its feet. We really can't afford any more collapses like we had in game 4. We are very fortunate we built a 20-point lead to cushion us, because it gave us some room for error. The Mavs might have blown us out in game 4 if it wasn't for that. We MUST build a solid lead at STICK WITH IT if we want to win in convincing fashion. I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I could handle another down-to-the-wire-in-the-4th-quarter game. Way too mentally draining.

Anyway, here's hoping the Spurs come out ready to play tonight. X-factor for the game tonight: Boris Diaw.

:flag:

look_at_g_shred
04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
You couldn't have said this in the game thread?

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 10:15 AM
You couldn't have said this in the game thread?

Oh boohoo, somebody is upset because I didn't post where they think I should have.

mclinejr
04-30-2014, 10:15 AM
You also said that the Spurs wouldn't win anymore games. So, enough already.

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 10:16 AM
You also said that the Spurs wouldn't win anymore games. So, enough already.

You kind of missed the point of why I said that...

look_at_g_shred
04-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Oh boohoo, somebody is upset because I didn't post where they think I should have.
I aint mad lol.

Budkin
04-30-2014, 10:17 AM
There's no way I see us winning 2 straight against these Mavs if they snatch a win on our floor tonight. The momentum is still very much in their favor with that fearless underdog attitude of theirs. A win at the AT&T Center tonight would all but seal it for the Mavs, in my opinion. So, the stakes are VERY high tonight. If we win this series, I think it will have to go 7 games, because I don't think we'll steal another win at their place. That crowd will be way to pumped up and energizing for the Mavs. If the Mavs win tonight, they could very well close it at their place in 6.

The Spurs must come out firing on all cylinders tonight and get the AT&T Center crowd pumped up and on its feet. We really can't afford any more collapses like we had in game 4. We are very fortunate we built a 20-point lead to cushion us, because it gave us some room for error. The Mavs might have blown us out in game 4 if it wasn't for that. We MUST build a solid lead at STICK WITH IT if we want to win in convincing fashion. I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I could handle another down-to-the-wire-in-the-4th-quarter game. Way too mentally draining.

Anyway, here's hoping the Spurs come out ready to play tonight. X-factor for the game tonight: Boris Diaw.

:flag:

Agree that we lose series if we lose tonight but I don't agree that the momentum is on their side. We got that back by winning a must win Game 4 on their floor.

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 10:21 AM
Agree that we lose series if we lose tonight but I don't agree that the momentum is on their side. We got that back by winning a must win Game 4 on their floor.

The momentum is still on their side because they have been very close to winning every game. For an 8th seed, that's a big boost to your team's psyche.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-30-2014, 10:22 AM
It's not like we won 10 straight against them right? No way we can win two straight..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-30-2014, 10:22 AM
The momentum is still on their side

no

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 10:23 AM
It's not like we won 10 straight against them right? No way we can win two straight..

You can pretty much throw all that out the window with the way the Mavs have been playing us in the 1st round. It's like we're playing an entirely different squad.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-30-2014, 10:24 AM
You can pretty much throw all that out the window with the way the Mavs have been playing us in the 1st round. It's like we're playing an entirely different squad.

We just had their number. The Mavs are a good team and pulls lots of upsets. Their defense and mental toughness will fail them IMO.

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
We just had their number. The Mavs are a good team and pulls lots of upsets. Their defense and mental toughness will fail them IMO.

The Mavs have a great balance of youth and experience to make a deep run if they so choose.

mclinejr
04-30-2014, 10:25 AM
You kind of missed the point of why I said that...

Yeah, that's what everyone says when they're wrong around here.

Spur|n|Austin
04-30-2014, 10:31 AM
If you're scared go to church.

Raven
04-30-2014, 10:36 AM
if we lose the next two games we will probably lose the series imho

Boomersgold
04-30-2014, 10:40 AM
if we lose the next two games we will probably lose the series imho
How do you know?

Raven
04-30-2014, 10:49 AM
How do you know?

women's sixth sense tbqfh

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Yeah, that's what everyone says when they're wrong around here.

You really don't have a clue... :rollin

Expert
04-30-2014, 11:01 AM
So if the Spurs go down 3-2 they might lose the series? That's amazing clairvoyance.

How about this: the Parker ankle injury will be the excuse this season. Since the Spurs now have an excuse, they can lose with pride.

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 11:02 AM
So if the Spurs go down 3-2 they might lose the series? That's amazing clairvoyance.

How about this: the Parker ankle injury will be the excuse this season. Since the Spurs now have an excuse, they can lose with pride.

With Blair out of game 5, we have even less of a legitimate excuse if we lose tonight...

Dverde
04-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Mavs are not a great team. If we lose to them, we only have ourselves to blame. This team isn't even as talented as the one that won the title. They are showing potential. If they can add a big piece in the summer, they could be contenders next year. I think we can win games 6 and 7. Mavs are not a great home team. Don't agree.

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Mavs are not a great team. If we lose to them, we only have ourselves to blame. This team isn't even as talented as the one that won the title. They are showing potential. If they can add a big piece in the summer, they could be contenders next year. I think we can win games 6 and 7. Mavs are not a great home team. Don't agree.

Of course they're not as talented as the title squad. That was an excellently formed squad. Cuban really is an idiot for allowing that to be disbanded, all for the sake of Deron Williams... :lmao

Obstructed_View
04-30-2014, 11:10 AM
The Spurs have put together one solid quarter, maybe two, this entire series.

rascal
04-30-2014, 11:12 AM
The momentum is still on their side because they have been very close to winning every game. For an 8th seed, that's a big boost to your team's psyche.

No such thing as momentum from game to game. Games can swing from one team to the other at any time.

The Spurs are the better team, have played poorly overall and still are tied. If Dallas was any good they would have finished the Spurs by now on how bad the spurs have been. The Spurs are lucky they drew Dallas because memphis would have finsihed the Spurs by now by the way Memphis is playing as compared to the Spurs. The Spurs are still the favorites to win this series and will end it in 6.

rascal
04-30-2014, 11:16 AM

Spurs are the toughest mentally as well. Put the spurs in their elimination game and watch them fold.

rascal
04-30-2014, 11:16 AM
The Spurs have put together one solid quarter, maybe two, this entire series.

Two solid quarters and two wins. That is how bad Dallas is.

rascal
04-30-2014, 11:17 AM

They will win 3 straight in this series.

Horse
04-30-2014, 12:44 PM

Let's not forget we've played much better in dallas, should've won both. Especially when you consider the clock started late and carter traveled.

Horse
04-30-2014, 12:47 PM
With Blair out of game 5, we have even less of a legitimate excuse if we lose tonight...

Yeah cause he's done so much. Where would they be without him?

mclinejr
04-30-2014, 01:14 PM
You really don't have a clue... :rollin

:wakeup

Obstructed_View
04-30-2014, 02:12 PM
They will win 3 straight in this series.

Exactly. The games being a bit closer together going forward will probably help a bit. There are about six guys on the squad who are due for good games, most of whom are shooters.

cd021
04-30-2014, 02:14 PM
The Mavs have a great balance of youth and experience to make a deep run if they so choose.

more of an infusion of youth, really, only Blair and Wright are young and productive in their rotation. Basically everyone else in the rotation is 32 or older except for Crowder.

McGusto55
04-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Spurs sweep next 2...tbh....

Trainwreck2100
04-30-2014, 02:25 PM
If the spurs lose tonight change your name

davidbowie
04-30-2014, 02:38 PM
yup

heyheymymy
04-30-2014, 03:19 PM
spurs in 6 imo

bklynspursfan
04-30-2014, 03:42 PM

I'd argue the momentum is on our side. Blowing a big lead like that and winning a close game will mean Pop can be just as tough on them as if they lost. So I expect them to come out and play better. I guess we will see what happens.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2014, 04:03 PM
We win tonight and the series..

HemisfairArena
04-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Way to go out on a limb here,,,

dallasmaverickslose
04-30-2014, 09:15 PM
:yield

Sean Cagney
04-30-2014, 09:16 PM
spurs in 6 imo

I picked 6 at the beginning of the series, hope I was right. Most picked a sweep or 5 :lol

heyheymymy
04-30-2014, 09:26 PM
I picked 6 at the beginning of the series, hope I was right. Most picked a sweep or 5 :lol

good call, its tough to win in big D, but looks like were right where we want to be as fans of the spurs. really hoping this doesn't go 7 and that hou and por beat each other up a little more.

cjw
04-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Go Rockets (for at least one more night). Though it's fun watching Harden and Howard lose.

Capster
04-30-2014, 09:54 PM
What a stupid thread, I'm outta here.

Sean Cagney
04-30-2014, 09:56 PM
good call, its tough to win in big D, but looks like were right where we want to be as fans of the spurs. really hoping this doesn't go 7 and that hou and por beat each other up a little more.

When we were down 2-1 after that DEFLATING Carter shot I could only hope with a game left in Dallas and the one here that we would be up 3-2 headed back there, that is the the situation we needed and hopefully they can close it out in Dallas. I am glad that shot did not flat out deflate the SPURS! That was a TOUGH one to swallow.

servalli
04-30-2014, 09:57 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2494241/Leia_Tiago.JPG