PDA

View Full Version : Some Observation (Game 5)

NickiRasgo
04-30-2014, 10:01 PM
While it's a win is a win, looks ugly game to me or it is just me? Though both team looks tired. We're lucky that Mavs looks tired, not playing with full energy (most of their points came from outside the paint).

-Spurs defense looks average, adjustment is so slow that's why Mavs took a lot of open shots.
-Officiating seems fair, we're lucky that refs don't treat Mavs as Thunderefs. They played physically today.
-Tiago keeps us alive in the game esp. 4th Quarter
-Pop do have some weird lineup down the stretch like Mills still in the game where we need Kawhi, good thing that amazing layup though went in. Well atleast no Ayers.
-Green played well esp. on defensive-end and knocks some important 3 especially during the 3rd. Shooting-wise, while he didn't shoot a lot (only 2), he did well. Hopefully he's getting his confidence back. Hopefully Marco/Patty too!
-Kawhi, as usual, played well.
-Diaw played well but should've play more aggresive.
-Timmy, stat-wise looks good but it I dunno, he looks average though but his layup from Parker down the stretch helps the Spurs seal the game.
-Manu, while he played well somehow stats-wise, he had some poor decision making that could've lead us to a large margin.
-Tony, well he only slept like 3 hours? But congrats for being a father! Well. He almost cost us the game with 3 mins. left until that 3 and a setup to Duncan. Hopefully you recover fast and play well throughout the Playoffs.

Well it's an average game, kinda ugly/boring (Raptors-Nets though) too but a win it's a win. We're lucky that Mavs didn't played with full energy, if they did, Mavs could have won. Good thing they weren't unable to took advantage when they had a chance.

Hopefully next game will bring the Spurs back their regular season form.

Let's take Game 6!

Feel free to post your observation too!

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Arc
04-30-2014, 10:17 PM
didn't watch the same game? it was exciting to me, our offense looked closer to that 19 game win streak offense than any other game in the series, dallas just couldn't stop us, and we played a few stretches of really good D. the only reason this wasn't a 20 point blowout was because vince carter went retard on us.

exstatic
04-30-2014, 10:18 PM
I think they FINALLY decided to take exactly what Dallas has left open for the entire series:

THE ENTIRE FUCKING LANE

They rarely ever looked to the 3 pt arc from the pick and roll. Both picker and roller were headed only one place: the rim. Their goal was to finish, not kick out.

heyheymymy
04-30-2014, 10:24 PM
While it's a win is a win, looks ugly game to me or it is just me?

ugly, but moving in the right direction slowly but surely. were lucky to have a tough guinea pig like mavs to work out some of the kinks on during the 1st round or else we would get blindsided by the 2nd round opponent if we advanced.

Hoops Czar
04-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson? Hmm

RD2191
04-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your thoughts.

ElNono
04-30-2014, 10:31 PM
I'll take "boring" playoff wins every day of the week, twice on sundays, tbh...

Mugen
04-30-2014, 10:36 PM
The Mavs are an elite offense tbh. They don't rely on isoball outside of Dirk getting his touches. I don't think the defense was that poor after the 1st quarter outside of a few lapses in transition D.

Dallas hit some tough shots. I'm just glad the Spurs are keeping it simple and doing what Dallas gives them.

T Park
04-30-2014, 11:12 PM
This isn't a bad Maverick's offense. They have the best offense in the nba from December 31'st on.

That said the D can tighten up, still too many open shots on the perimeter.

That said, this game, if not for Vince Carter shooting over his head, is a blowout. This game looked like the regular season matchups. If the Spurs ratchet the D up a little more and keep attacking the rim, this series is over Friday night.

DarrinS
04-30-2014, 11:18 PM
That said, this game, if not for Vince Carter shooting over his head, is a blowout.

Dude was hitting some ridiculous shots.

Expert
04-30-2014, 11:35 PM
While it's a win is a win, looks ugly game to me or it is just me? Though both team looks tired. We're lucky that Mavs looks tired, not playing with full energy (most of their points came from outside the paint).

-Spurs defense looks average, adjustment is so slow that's why Mavs took a lot of open shots.
-Officiating seems fair, we're lucky that refs don't treat Mavs as Thunderefs. They played physically today.
-Tiago keeps us alive in the game esp. 4th Quarter
-Pop do have some weird lineup down the stretch like Mills still in the game where we need Kawhi, good thing that amazing layup though went in. Well atleast no Ayers.
-Green played well esp. on defensive-end and knocks some important 3 especially during the 3rd. Shooting-wise, while he didn't shoot a lot (only 2), he did well. Hopefully he's getting his confidence back. Hopefully Marco/Patty too!
-Kawhi, as usual, played well.
-Diaw played well but should've play more aggresive.
-Timmy, stat-wise looks good but it I dunno, he looks average though but his layup from Parker down the stretch helps the Spurs seal the game.
-Manu, while he played well somehow stats-wise, he had some poor decision making that could've lead us to a large margin.
-Tony, well he only slept like 3 hours? But congrats for being a father! Well. He almost cost us the game with 3 mins. left until that 3 and a setup to Duncan. Hopefully you recover fast and play well throughout the Playoffs.

Well it's an average game, kinda ugly/boring (Raptors-Nets though) too but a win it's a win. We're lucky that Mavs didn't played with full energy, if they did, Mavs could have won. Good thing they weren't unable to took advantage when they had a chance.

Hopefully next game will bring the Spurs back their regular season form.

Let's take Game 6!

Feel free to post your observation too!

:flag: :flag: :flag:
Low turnovers is always a good game. When teams are playing defense the game looks less fluid than it does in the RS when the ball moves freely, but it's a much better game than the exhibition style play they do around midseason.

BillMc
04-30-2014, 11:46 PM
didn't watch the same game? it was exciting to me, our offense looked closer to that 19 game win streak offense than any other game in the series, dallas just couldn't stop us, and we played a few stretches of really good D. the only reason this wasn't a 20 point blowout was because vince carter went retard on us.

I agree with this. Vince (and later Dirk) were hitting amazing shots. I think out D was fine, and our O at last looked like we did in the regular season. All good signs.

NickiRasgo
04-30-2014, 11:48 PM

I dunno, it's exciting but we barely lose this one maybe it didn't exceed my expectation when they peaked during the regular season. But yeah, a win is a win and it's a Playoffs, Mavs is a decent team. Hopefully it's a start to regain their regular season form.

I think they FINALLY decided to take exactly what Dallas has left open for the entire series:

THE ENTIRE FUCKING LANE

They rarely ever looked to the 3 pt arc from the pick and roll. Both picker and roller were headed only one place: the rim. Their goal was to finish, not kick out.

I forgot to mention that, Spurs attacked consistently in the lane! Good point! Hopefully, they'll continue that on Game 6!

ugly, but moving in the right direction slowly but surely. were lucky to have a tough guinea pig like mavs to work out some of the kinks on during the 1st round or else we would get blindsided by the 2nd round opponent if we advanced.

Yeah lucky for us, thought when the margin close to 4 points, we are going to lose. Good thing they seem depleted too.

I'll take "boring" playoff wins every day of the week, twice on sundays, tbh...

Yup! This was my thought too, should've been a 4-1 if not for... :depressed Just kidding! :lol

The Mavs are an elite offense tbh. They don't rely on isoball outside of Dirk getting his touches. I don't think the defense was that poor after the 1st quarter outside of a few lapses in transition D.

Dallas hit some tough shots. I'm just glad the Spurs are keeping it simple and doing what Dallas gives them.

Forgot to include that Mavs are pretty good in offense. Thanks for the insight too! Does Spurs really letting them to shoot outside the paint or they're just having trouble in switching on defensive end?

This isn't a bad Maverick's offense. They have the best offense in the nba from December 31'st on.

That said, this game, if not for Vince Carter shooting over his head, is a blowout. This game looked like the regular season matchups. If the Spurs ratchet the D up a little more and keep attacking the rim, this series is over Friday night.

Thanks for that insight! Yeah Carter playing like on his prime! Hopefully Spurs defense will improve in Game 6 in terms of switching or avoid/lessen leaving wide-open shot.

Low turnovers is always a good game. When teams are playing defense the game looks less fluid than it does in the RS when the ball moves freely, but it's a much better game than the exhibition style play they do around midseason.

Ah yes the turnovers! Thanks!

Let's Go Spurs!

T Park
04-30-2014, 11:49 PM
Dude was hitting some ridiculous shots.

The 10 feet behind the line threes were to the point where you just shake your head and move on.

Expert
04-30-2014, 11:51 PM
The 10 feet behind the line threes were to the point where you just shake your head and move on.

We've seen Vince do that his entire career. You know when he's on he's really on and you have to stay with him. Doesn't he hold the record for 3's made in a game, or he did at one point I think.

Sean Cagney
04-30-2014, 11:59 PM

That said, this game, if not for Vince Carter shooting over his head, is a blowout. This game looked like the regular season matchups. If the Spurs ratchet the D up a little more and keep attacking the rim, this series is over Friday night.Vince has played out of his head most of the series, tonight was just a little more from him! He has been blacking out this series and turned back the clock. Whats next a above the rim dunk? He has impressed me this series, he has played hard. You are right though if he is not out of his damn mind they blow them out tonight. I hope they turn it up Friday night and end this thing.

Sean Cagney
05-01-2014, 12:02 AM
We've seen Vince do that his entire career. You know when he's on he's really on and you have to stay with him. Doesn't he hold the record for 3's made in a game, or he did at one point I think.

Vince is no joke, even at his age.