PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Blair

MultiTroll
05-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Blair did some serious ballin in Game 4.
Besides the stats, he brings an attitude to the Mavs.
It's infectious, rubs off on Mav teamates.
Not a pussy whining one like Dork.

Do you want to see the Twin Towers with Timmy Duncs and Splitter for 30 minutes each?
Blair was droppin those teardrop/shotput jumpers over Tim.

Or?

elemento
05-01-2014, 09:59 AM
He is a non-issue. Yeah, he played well game 4, but it's not like he has that kind of performance regularly.

If Dirk plays Game 6 the way he played the 4th quarter last game, then we have to be worried.

Poolboy5623
05-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Hopefully it's more of the same...and the Spurs win.

MultiTroll
05-01-2014, 10:10 AM
He is a non-issue. Yeah, he played well game 4, but it's not like he has that kind of performance regularly.

If Dirk plays Game 6 the way he played the 4th quarter last game, then we have to be worried.
Blair had the same per minute juice in Game 2 when the Mavs won.
8/7 with 4 steals in only 14 minutes.

Dirk did a bunch of stat padding in the 4th. Agree he was in a coma and when he is hitting jumpers....
But he's 70% reliant on ref pampering. Been that way since 2006 when Duncan was robbed.
Otherwise the small amount of correctly contested jumpers he hits are offset by the rest of his overall declined and shitty game.

Dex
05-01-2014, 10:12 AM
I'll let Blair repeat his Game 4 performance before I really start considering him a threat.

dallasmaverickslose
05-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Have Baynes kick him in the face.

MultiTroll
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
I'll let Blair repeat his Game 4 performance before I really start considering him a threat.
That's the point, not to wait until its 3-3 and the Mavs are all psyched knowing they have a chance in Game 7.
But to put them down now in Game 6. In so doing, how to strategize vs Blair. You wanna go Dunks and Splitter or Dunks and Diaw?
To just write off Blairs two juice games as a fluke, that's not accurate. He had plenty of good games when he started alongside Timmy Duncar.

bklynspursfan
05-01-2014, 10:29 AM

Yup. He had games like that with us and looked like absolute garbage the next. I'd be willing to bet he's so amped up he gets himself into foul trouble

100%duncan
05-01-2014, 10:32 AM
I think OP's trolling tbh

Boomersgold
05-01-2014, 10:40 AM
How do we stop that unstoppable one-legged, high arching floater? I've just answered my own question, haven't I?

MultiTroll
05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
I think OP's trolling tbh
Not at all.
I used to track Blair and the Spurs record when he played over 20 minutes on a thread i made as Fabbs before MultiModerator stealth banned me from Spurs Forum.

I do not think Blair is the end all All Star.
I do know he is often a super valuable role player who brings not only rebounding and steals but attitude.
In the few games he was given minutes as a Spur playoff player, he likewise had some nice juiced minutes games.
Before being pulled in favor of Matty Bonner. :rolleyes

silverblk mystix
05-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Not at all.
I used to track Blair and the Spurs record when he played over 20 minutes on a thread i made as Fabbs before MultiModerator stealth banned me from Spurs Forum.

I do know he is often a super valuable role player who brings not only rebounding and steals but attitude.
In the few games he was given minutes as a Spur playoff player, he likewise had some nice juiced minutes games.

The main thing people should always remember is that -

Blair was let go -

Bonner is still here.

Pop is still the biggest obstacle to another spurs title -

oh yeah ^^

snitches still get people banned here and get away with it lol.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2014, 10:56 AM
The Spurs completely exposed Blair's defense in every other game of the series, tbh:lol..

A quarter and a half anomaly doesn't change anything..

Biernutz
05-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Did all the Blair lover see the game last night. Dalenbert dinged his leg in the first quarter. Wright had to come in and where was
Blair. He was watching the game on TV because he couldn't control himself. That's what you get with him. I have seen him
come into the game and get 2 fouls in 30 sec. then right back out of the game. Would he have made a difference last night?
His history is the 2 fouls not the career night he had.

100%duncan
05-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Not at all.

Didn't know you were Fabbs. Well on the serious note, Blair being able to play might net a positive to us than the Mavs imho. Dude's a mental midget and having him and Dirk on the court at the same time playing 4 and 5 is begging for TP and Manu to drive to the rim every single possession.

xmas1997
05-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Good luck to Blair, except against the Spurs.
But I'm not worried, Pop knows how to get the team prepared for him.
Carter is the one I worry about, not Blair, or even Dirk.
I am thankful we have the best coach in the league coaching us, we would barely have a chance otherwise.

Mugen
05-01-2014, 11:16 AM
:lol if Pop makes any adjustments on account of Dejuan, I'm going to be both surprised and pissed tbh.

xmas1997
05-01-2014, 11:22 AM
:lol if Pop makes any adjustments on account of Dejuan, I'm going to be both surprised and pissed tbh.

I would have to agree.
It's Carter I worry about.

MultiTroll
05-01-2014, 11:26 AM
:lol at what you think is witty and funny.
:lol Miami
:lol 2008 09 10 11 12 13 :lol

you and X :lol

Mugen
05-01-2014, 11:29 AM
:lol at what you think is witty and funny.
:lol Miami
:lol 2008 09 10 11 12 13 :lol

you and X :lol

What a terrible response, Fabbs. Just really low quality posting per the usual tbh.

xmas1997
05-01-2014, 11:32 AM
What a terrible response, Fabbs. Just really low quality posting per the usual tbh.

Don't pay any attention to him, usually no one does, and it pisses him off even more.

MultiTroll
05-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Im asking for what, if any ad-just-ments should be made.
You claim none.
I say see where that got us since 07.

To base the whole game around Blair? Of course not.
To dismiss his on games as having no consequence? That's loserball.

MultiTroll
05-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Don't pay any attention to him, usually no one does, and it pisses him off even more.
Says 3 posts in 5 minutes. :lol

MeloHype
05-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Just put a whataburger bag on the sideline, he'll be distracted by that

playblair
05-01-2014, 01:04 PM
blair = automatic double double........... only big on the roster who could frustrate blair is baynes................blair=elite rebounder.............above average defender............
to exploit blair the spurs have to run PNR or force blair to guard bonner on the perimeter...........

Chomag
05-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Blair isn't really a player you need to form a gameplan about. Just play your game and it will be fine.

testies
05-01-2014, 01:24 PM
I really hope Spurs run the PnR like every play, Dallas cannot defend it

tmtcsc
05-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Blair? Pffft. If he played like that all the time he'd still be here. Not worried about that chump.

smaka
05-01-2014, 02:39 PM
We are not going anywhere if we are going to fear players like DeJuan Whataburger Blair, tbh, imho, fwiw.

Darkwaters
05-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Are the Mavs game planning for Tiago Splitter going off on them again?

Probably not. The historic trend isn't nearly as exciting.

Dejuan is the same. Hes the two fouls in 30 seconds guy more than the dominator.

MultiTroll
05-01-2014, 04:18 PM
testies
I really hope Spurs run the PnR like every play, Dallas cannot defend it

blair = automatic double double........... only big on the roster who could frustrate blair is baynes................blair=elite rebounder.............above average defender............
to exploit blair the spurs have to run PNR or force blair to guard bonner on the perimeter...........
Two intelligent responses and a pic of some nice tail.
SpursTalk is worth wading thru at times like this.

I also think on O be alert for Blair swatting the ball away, tipping ball away for steals. He looks for such ops all game and is much quicker then he looks.

SupremeGuy
05-01-2014, 04:24 PM
I've been saying it the entire fucking series, Pop needs to counter Blair with Baynes.

jag
05-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I've been saying it the entire fucking series, Pop needs to counter Blair with Baynes.

:lol you don't "counter" Blair with changes to the rotation

BackHome
05-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Just put Baynes in and tell him the same thing the Dallas coach is saying "HARD FOULS"...

moisaenz
05-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Just put Baynes in and tell him the same thing the Dallas coach is saying "HARD FOULS"...

Baynes does not need to be told.. But if you want him to tear them a new one..

Shastafarian
05-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Deal with a guy averaging 9 minutes a game? :lol

SupremeGuy
05-01-2014, 09:14 PM
:lol you don't "counter" Blair with changes to the rotationHe's been tearing it up man, and Duncan doesn't seem to want to go at him hard.

Shastafarian
05-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Blair relies on energy. He overreaches and acts before he thinks. You do not need to game plan for such a player. Especially when they barely play. "Tearing it up"? Two games in which he played this series he totaled 2 points, 2 TO, and 0 reb...combined.

dg7md
05-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Sure, we can let the Mavs run their offense through Blair. :lol

sexinthatsx
05-01-2014, 09:42 PM

The Spurs don't make adjustments against other teams, other teams make adjustments against the Spurs!

DJR210
05-01-2014, 09:43 PM
I can see Blair going for 8 and 5, nothing too crazy twice in a row. Gameplan will be better this time I'm sure. Plus Tiago is a fucking All-Pro now apparently after the last game, so we'll see.

DapDaGenius
05-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Just put a whataburger bag on the sideline, he'll be distracted by that

I entered this thread thinking "The first reply is going to mention whataburger". I'm surprised it took until the 24th post. :lol

exstatic
05-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Don't post Blair up. He's got a strong base and long arms and quick hands to knock the ball loose..

Put him in the pick and roll, over and over. Blair is one of those defenders that gets lost "in space". He's laterally stuck to the floor, and the pick and roll forces defenders to make quick decisions about switches. Blair is as dumb as a post.

MultiTroll
05-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Blair relies on energy. He overreaches and acts before he thinks. You do not need to game plan for such a player. Especially when they barely play. "Tearing it up"? Two games in which he played this series he totaled 2 points, 2 TO, and 0 reb...combined.
the fuck are you fabricating?
Game 4 he was 5-5 with 12 pts 11 boards and 2 steals in only 16 farking minutes.
Game 2 8/7 with 4 steals in only 14 minutes.
His per minute stats are off the charts. In Game 4 he was absolutely a key in Dallas comeback and near win before his amped up leg kick.

The other three games he virtually did not play. Minutes:
4 minutes
3 minutes
0 minutes (suspension)

So Blair does not put up stats when he is not playing. Duurrrrr.

MultiTroll
05-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Don't post Blair up. He's got a strong base and long arms and quick hands to knock the ball loose..

Put him in the pick and roll, over and over. Blair is one of those defenders that gets lost "in space". He's laterally stuck to the floor, and the pick and roll forces defenders to make quick decisions about switches. Blair is as dumb as a post.
Nice post.
I was trying to think how to word when Blair seems to ineffective vs effective.
Lost "in space" on the PNR is an excellent phrasiology. :lol

I don't think Blair is dumb as a post tho, but rather the PNR exposes his lack of height whereas as you mentioned posting him up plays to his strength.

moisaenz
05-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Blair is useless. He had a fluke game like he sometimes does but the other team figures him out and its over.

playblair
05-02-2014, 10:04 AM
^ 2 30/20 games is not a fluke .........................

boutons_deux
05-02-2014, 10:15 AM
^ 2 30/20 games is not a fluke .........................

yes, a fluke. How many Blair career double-doubles?

Budkin
05-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Blair is going to try way too hard tonight.

ElNono
05-02-2014, 11:47 AM
who?

Shastafarian
05-02-2014, 05:35 PM
the fuck are you fabricating?Nothing, as you'll prove in a few sentences.

Game 4 he was 5-5 with 12 pts 11 boards and 2 steals in only 16 farking minutes.
Game 2 8/7 with 4 steals in only 14 minutes.
His per minute stats are off the charts. In Game 4 he was absolutely a key in Dallas comeback and near win before his amped up leg kick.

The other three games he virtually did not play. Minutes:
4 minutes
3 minutes
0 minutes (suspension)

So Blair does not put up stats when he is not playing. Duurrrrr.Durr indeed.

Ricky Davis
05-03-2014, 01:13 AM
tee hee

MultiTroll
05-03-2014, 09:33 AM
who? :pop:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130520182617/simpsons/images/d/d5/Ralph_wiggum-with-gun.gif

SpursDynasty
05-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Lol Blair was a nobody on the Spurs and now he's a second tier player on a C team.

Namundy
05-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Blair is the same player but he is being utilized more appropriately as a spark plug off the bench for Dallas. Still a defensive liability and prone to mental mistakes. We expected too much of him and Dallas expected nothing.