PDA

View Full Version : put me up on charles bronson

Trill Clinton
05-02-2014, 08:30 AM
i was listening to a rap lyric and his named was mentioned. was he really that dude in the 80s??? i vaguely remember a movie where he was shooting a revolver with a scope on it, but thats the extent to my knowledge on dude.

i got enough space on my external hard drive to download about 3 more films. which ones should i dl?

leemajors
05-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Once Upon a Time in the West is pretty damn good, he is amazing in it. The Mechanic and the Death Wish series are on point too, I think you would enjoy those if you're not into watching a western. Bronson was a total badass, and was from the 60s through the 80s

Trill Clinton
05-02-2014, 09:04 AM
coo, gonna check those out.

monosylab1k
05-02-2014, 09:13 AM
lol letting rap songs govern your taste in movies. because of that we have a generation of idiots who think Scarface is a good movie.

CavsSuperFan
05-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Was a TV actor in the 50’s…Rugged face, mostly cast in Westerns…Ventured into films… The Great Escape , The Dirty Dozen, The Magnificent Seven, Death Wish, The Mechanic, Hard Times…IMO Hard Times was his best film…But he really connected with the movie audience by shooting bad guys in Death Wish...

leemajors
05-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Was a TV actor in the 50’s…Rugged face, mostly cast in Westerns…Ventured into films… The Great Escape , The Dirty Dozen, The Magnificent Seven, Death Wish, The Mechanic, Hard Times…IMO Hard Times was his best film…But he really connected with the movie audience by shooting bad guys in Death Wish...

good call on Hard Times, Walter Hill's first too.

DD
05-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Once Upon a Time In the West, as lee already said...his legend was probably made in the Death Wish movies, but OUTIW is the GOAT Western. Bronson, Fonda, Robards, and the hottest female ever to walk the earth in her prime: Claudia Cardinale

POPownsJackson
05-02-2014, 10:18 AM
lol letting rap songs govern your taste in movies. because of that we have a generation of idiots who think Scarface is a good movie.
my mayate :toast

DD
05-02-2014, 10:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGQ1hUyx-k

leemajors
05-02-2014, 10:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNGQ1hUyx-k

I have that soundtrack, that Man with Harmonica song is chilling

DD
05-02-2014, 10:45 AM
I have that soundtrack, that Man with Harmonica song is chilling

:lolAfter I posted that vid I started watching scenes from the movie on youtube...hopefully I can watch this on Netflix today on my flight to Dubai

xmas1997
05-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Once Upon a Time in the West is pretty damn good, he is amazing in it. The Mechanic and the Death Wish series are on point too, I think you would enjoy those if you're not into watching a western. Bronson was a total badass, and was from the 60s through the 80s

Once Upon A Time In the West was fantastic with him, Jason Robarbs, and In a rare role of Henry Fonda playing the bad guy.
He was also in The Magnificent Seven.

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2014, 02:39 PM
The Dirty Dozen
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc3ODc5MzIyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjM5OTk4._V1_S Y317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Bronson, Lee Marvin, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland...awesome movie.

xmas1997
05-02-2014, 02:40 PM
The Dirty Dozen
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc3ODc5MzIyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjM5OTk4._V1_S Y317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Bronson, Lee Marvin, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland...awesome movie.

That's right, it was good too.

baseline bum
05-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Still think it's funny that faggot Jeff Golblum played one of the rapists in Death Wish.

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Still think it's funny that faggot Jeff Golblum played one of the rapists in Death Wish.

this movie was aight

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLZXqaUUqH7XgLHBDGqQ-V7as4mUwgeSBiwu-BMNRjlyuojpoZrg

Trill Clinton
05-15-2014, 08:50 AM
i downloaded 'once upon a time in the west' and so far i'm up to the part the widow finds out her family got smoked. not bad.

The Gemini Method
05-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Once Upon a Time is probably the best work he was in. He was great as Harmonica and his Death Wish series was one of my pops' favorite movies back in the day. He also was in The White Buffalo (just wanted to type it...) and was a recurring actor on Bonanza, Rawhide, and play The Man in a Twilight Episode.

leemajors
05-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Once Upon a Time is probably the best work he was in. He was great as Harmonica and his Death Wish series was one of my pops' favorite movies back in the day. He also was in The White Buffalo (just wanted to type it...) and was a recurring actor on Bonanza, Rawhide, and play The Man in a Twilight Episode.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was my fave for a while but Once Upon a Time in the West is the best western out there imo.

TheSanityAnnex
05-15-2014, 10:50 AM
:cheer Leonardo DiCaprio :cheer

The Gemini Method
05-15-2014, 10:55 AM
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was my fave for a while but Once Upon a Time in the West is the best western out there imo.
Still love The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Once Upon a Time is definitely up there, but for me, The Outlaw Josey Wales is my all-time fave western for some reason. I generally like most spaghetti westerns though...

:cheer Leonardo DiCaprio :cheer good to see you're not fricasseed, Annex.

tlongII
05-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Still love The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Once Upon a Time is definitely up there, but for me, The Outlaw Josey Wales is my all-time fave western for some reason. I generally like most spaghetti westerns though...
good to see you're not fricasseed, Annex.

Me too. Just a great, great western.

DD
05-15-2014, 11:34 AM
i downloaded 'once upon a time in the west' and so far i'm up to the part the widow finds out her family got smoked. not bad.

How hot is Claudia Cardinale in that film, b? Told ya, my man.

Props for checking it out though--the perfect western. How bout Henry Fonda looking evil with dem contact lenses?

The black guy in the beginning of the film (Woody Strode) is in a lot of other westerns, most notably The Professionals. You'd like him.

Trill Clinton
05-15-2014, 12:17 PM
How hot is Claudia Cardinale in that film, b? Told ya, my man.

Props for checking it out though--the perfect western. How bout Henry Fonda looking evil with dem contact lenses?

The black guy in the beginning of the film (Woody Strode) is in a lot of other westerns, most notably The Professionals. You'd like him.

she's very attractive indeed...it caught me by surprise. pretty boy fonda is dope so far, i'll probably finish the film this weekend. the brotha looks familiar. is he the inn keeper from the shining?

DD
05-15-2014, 12:39 PM
:lolnegative, that's the Scatman

cantthinkofanything
05-15-2014, 12:56 PM

right. he also played Gordon on Sesame Street and then later played in the NBA with the SuperSonics.

cantthinkofanything
05-15-2014, 12:59 PM
here's the guy from Once Upon a Time with another western favorite.

http://wpc.556e.edgecastcdn.net/80556E/img.news/NEwSeDwA4ATSAA_1_4.jpg

The Gemini Method
05-15-2014, 01:02 PM

right. he also played Gordon on Sesame Street and then later played in the NBA with the SuperSonics.

R.I.P Scatman

cantthinkofanything
05-15-2014, 01:04 PM
R.I.P Scatman

Wow...I knew he was dead but didn't realize it's been since 1986.

The Gemini Method
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Wow...I knew he was dead but didn't realize it's been since 1986.

Smoked like a chimney--the lung cancer is a painful way to go.

leemajors
05-15-2014, 02:02 PM
good to see you're not fricasseed, Annex.

The best ones tend to have Morricone soundtracks, tbh. Gone to Texas by Forrest Carter is the book Josey Wales is based on, quick good read.

TheSanityAnnex
05-15-2014, 04:38 PM
And we are back going again in my neck of the woods. Shit.