PDA

View Full Version : This is rediculous..

Supreme Allah
08-09-2005, 07:40 PM
My boy Shareef just spent an assload of money on a rolex only to find out it was fake. Shit is triflin. He should been smarter on somethin like that and got it from someone/someplace trustworthy but its sad people do things like that.

Sense
08-09-2005, 07:48 PM
That's not ridiculous it's just sad... and maybe pathetic.

SpursFanDan
08-09-2005, 07:50 PM
that is pretty ridiculous, on your dumbass friends part. What did he expect.. you should know that people like that just take a turd and polish it up a bit.

timvp
08-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Those street vendors usually charge like five dollars for rollies.

mookie2001
08-09-2005, 07:57 PM
i had a Platinum Rolex in high school
we all did
they were hot

Dex
08-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Did it come from one of those guys that has like 20 hidden coat pockets? If so, he probably should've seen it coming.

For the record, don't ever buy speakers out of the back of a white van, either. Those are scams, too. :lol

SpursFanDan
08-09-2005, 08:06 PM
coming to america.. that dude that took all of the princes gold... hilarious.

mookie2001
08-09-2005, 08:07 PM
no no it was real
they were from Old Navy

Kori Ellis
08-09-2005, 08:07 PM
I thought you were referencing Shareef Abdur-Rahim getting shafted by the Nets.

Supreme Allah
08-09-2005, 11:23 PM
He didnt get it from a street vendor, he got in from an actual store he says.

Notorious H.O.P.
08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
For the record, don't ever buy speakers out of the back of a white van, either. Those are scams, too. :lol

I got suckered by that but it wasn't too bad a deal. It was the "guy making a delivery but the warehouse guys gave him two sets but were only supposed to give him one" scam.

I didn't want them but it happened that I was looking for speakers at the time. My friend that was cruising with me was convinced he had heard of the brand name and they were good speakers.

Guy said they were valued at $1000 and asked for $600. Eventually I picked them up for $150 but told the guy I'd write him a check but was going home immediately to test them.

He gave me his cell (which was actually his number) and he told me he'd give me my check back if I didn't like them. He said he wouldn't cash the check for 3 days.

I immediately called my bank and told them to put a hold on the check number. Took them to the house and tested them. They were ok but I was looking for better.

Called the guy (he answered) and told him I was going to return them. He said he was going to make a couple of runs and he'd meet me someplace. Needless to say, we never got together to do the exchange and he had cashed the check at my bank a couple of hours after the exchange.

At the time I thought you had to deposit a check into an account to get the money. I didn't know going straight to the bank the check was drawn on was an option.

So my bank gave him the money even after I requested the hold so when I called to question it, they apologized and credited my account (without me asking for the credit). I don't know if they even tried to track the guy down (I explained the story to the bank) but basically I got a decent set of speakers for free and use them in a spare room (the chillout room) I have a bar set up in.

But yeah, otherwise it's a bad idea to buy anything out of the back of a ride or inside a coat.

Dex
08-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I got suckered by that but it wasn't too bad a deal. It was the "guy making a delivery but the warehouse guys gave him two sets but were only supposed to give him one" scam.

I didn't want them but it happened that I was looking for speakers at the time. My friend that was cruising with me was convinced he had heard of the brand name and they were good speakers.

Guy said they were valued at $1000 and asked for $600. Eventually I picked them up for $150 but told the guy I'd write him a check but was going home immediately to test them.

He gave me his cell (which was actually his number) and he told me he'd give me my check back if I didn't like them. He said he wouldn't cash the check for 3 days.

I immediately called my bank and told them to put a hold on the check number. Took them to the house and tested them. They were ok but I was looking for better.

Called the guy (he answered) and told him I was going to return them. He said he was going to make a couple of runs and he'd meet me someplace. Needless to say, we never got together to do the exchange and he had cashed the check at my bank a couple of hours after the exchange.

At the time I thought you had to deposit a check into an account to get the money. I didn't know going straight to the bank the check was drawn on was an option.

So my bank gave him the money even after I requested the hold so when I called to question it, they apologized and credited my account (without me asking for the credit). I don't know if they even tried to track the guy down (I explained the story to the bank) but basically I got a decent set of speakers for free and use them in a spare room (the chillout room) I have a bar set up in.

But yeah, otherwise it's a bad idea to buy anything out of the back of a ride or inside a coat.

Scamming the scammers. Brilliant!!

I've had two or three guys stop and try to offer me the same exact thing. It's always some 'we had extra on order that we're trying to move', 'my manager had an extra set and gave them to me to get rid of' BS story. Chances are, they probably built them in their garage or something.

The first time, I was actually somewhat polite in telling them I wasn't interested. Now, I pretty much tell them to eff off and go scam somebody else, so at least they know that people are catching on.

But yeah, you can't naysay free stuff. Well done, young padawan!

xcoriate
08-09-2005, 11:33 PM
^ sounds like a win win

I thought you were referencing Shareef Abdur-Rahim getting shafted by the Nets.

:lmao so did I until I read that.

timvp
08-09-2005, 11:37 PM
That speaker scam is pretty common. They've gotten me a bunch of times ... but it's been a couple years now. Weirdly enough, it's always been in a bank parking lot.

The first time, the guy was so desperate he offered me $50 for the speakers. I told him I'd take them for free but that was it.

:hat

Dex
08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
"2 dollars and some paperclips!"

Capt. Koons
08-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Hello, little man. Boy I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your Daddy's. We were in that Hanoi pit of hell over five years together. Hopefully, you'll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your Daddy were, for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it had been me who had not made it, Major Coolidge would be talkin' right now to my son Jim. But the way it worked out is I'm talkin' to you, Butch. I got somethin' for ya.

This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-granddaddy. It was bought during the First World War in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great-granddaddy's war watch, made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. You see, up until then, people just carried pocket watches. Your great-granddaddy wore that watch every day he was in the war. Then when he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off his wrist and put it in an ol' coffee can. And in that can it stayed 'til your grandfather Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they calledit World War Two.

Your great-granddaddy gave it to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane's luck wasn't as good as his old man's. Your granddad was a Marine and he was killed with all the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death and he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leavin' that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, your 22-year old grandfather asked a gunner on an Air Force transport named Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he had never seen in the flesh, his gold watch.

Three days later, your grandfather was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his Dad's gold watch. This watch. This watch was on your Daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. Now he knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it's be confiscated. The way your Daddy looked at it, that watch was your birthright. And he'd be damned if dnd slopeheads were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy's birthright.

So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide somethin'. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of disentary, he gave me the watch. I hid that uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass for two years. Then after seven years, I was sent home to my family.

And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Dre_7
08-11-2005, 05:09 AM
My boy Shareef just spent an assload of money on a rolex only to find out it was fake. Shit is triflin. He should been smarter on somethin like that and got it from someone/someplace trustworthy but its sad people do things like that.

Im not surprised. Shareef isnt exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. There is a reason his nickname is Reefer. :lol

Supreme Allah
08-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I always thought we called him Reefer cuz he had that shit.. you know, that SHIT.

T Park
08-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Rolexs are so freakin overrated.....

Trainwreck2100
08-18-2005, 01:50 AM
He lost money on a watch? I LOST A CAR, tell him it's just best to cut your losses sometimes.