PDA

View Full Version : Parker, Ginobili, and Pop...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Wow, they all shit the bed pretty hard in this game. Seriously, Ayres in the rotation in the fourth? Ginobili 1-8? Parker with 5 TO's and tunnel vision? Shitty, shitty game.

We should win the series, but this is looking like an ugly match against Portland

Virgil
05-02-2014, 09:55 PM
This one is on Manu. Lack of desesperation. Trusted too much the game was granted without his intervention. In any case, we well be gassed out for the next round, not to mention the finals.

dallasmaverickslose
05-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Manu played bad.

Parker played well despite the TO's. He kept us in the game.

Pop should've sensed that Mavs run immediately in the 4th and called a timeout to snuff it.

timtonymanu
05-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Parker stepped up in the 4th though.

Pop with another brain fart and Manu had a bad game for the first time in this series, but I can't be too upset at him.

Mugen
05-02-2014, 09:57 PM
That was easily the top 3 worst Manu games I've ever seen and I watched the 2013 NBA Finals :lol

Duncan deserves a lot of blame as well for letting Dejuan outplay him.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Parker played well despite the TO's. He kept us in the game.

no

superjames1992
05-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Parker was garbage until the 4th, but at least he got it going then. Well, besides that final turnover that was just deplorable.

Manu was pretty much garbage all game, though he did get a little aggressive late and got a few trips to the line. It's to be expected, though. Manu's career has been littered with these sorts of garbage games. He's a streaky player.

dallasmaverickslose
05-02-2014, 09:59 PM
no

cd98
05-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Shouldn't have taken Green out...his defense and shooting would've helped.

UZER
05-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Where the f was splitter

hommeaetage
05-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Everyone on this board who has been a Spurs fan long enough know when Manu just doesn't have it. I mean Pop can't be that blind, can he?

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Ayres actually didn't play that badly when he was in. If he played defense like that all the time he might even be in the rotation.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-02-2014, 10:03 PM
The only time Parker passed to Duncan (who was 7 for 8) was during a rushed play which cost us the game pretty much. That and Pop's oh so smart decision to take Duncan out, for Marion to get the rebound. If you can't learn from your mistakes then it's pretty much warranted.

Kidd K
no

13 points while shooting 67% in the 4th, almost all exactly when we needed it to change momentum is playing well imo.

tmtcsc
Spurs played like they could afford to lose. Terrible passes by Manu and lack of composure in the 4th with careless turnovers. Anything can happen in Game 7's and the Spurs are playing with fire if they think HC = Win.. They are clearly the better team but if they don't come out and take care of business, Dallas has the shooters to win 1 game. That's all Dallas has to do.

Another fantastic game by Splitter.

servalli
05-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Fuck Pop

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
13 points while shooting 67% in the 4th, almost all exactly when we needed it to change momentum is playing well imo.

:lol and his stupid hero ball and flopping pretty much started Dallas' comeback. Plus his smart pass to Duncan at the end..

dg7md
Parker saved our asses despite his issues in general. Manu, though, yeah, he fucked us hard.

Virgil
05-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Spurs played like they could afford to lose. Terrible passes by Manu and lack of composure in the 4th with careless turnovers. Anything can happen in Game 7's and the Spurs are playing with fire if they think HC = Win.. They are clearly the better team but if they don't come out and take care of business, Dallas has the shooters to win 1 game. That's all Dallas has to do.

Another fantastic game by Splitter.

Kidd K
:lol and his stupid hero ball and flopping pretty much started Dallas' comeback. Plus his smart pass to Duncan at the end..

I agree that was a shitty play at the end, but it doesn't negate 13 points on 9 shots to me. Now Manu's 7-8 terrible plays in the 4th alone. . .back breakers. His few free throws didn't make up for it.

Johnny RIngo

Parker's series stats before tonight:

17 ppg on .49 TS%
98 ORtg
14.6 PER
.002 WS/48

Those are atrocious numbers for the first option and highest payed player on the team. If the Frenchman actually played semi-competent, this series would have already been over in five games.

Even more embarrassing, he's having trouble scoring on one of the worst defenses in the playoffs. 40 year old Marion was giving him fits.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-02-2014, 10:07 PM
I agree that was a shitty play at the end, but it doesn't negate 13 points on 9 shots to me. Now Manu's 7-8 terrible plays in the 4th alone. . .back breakers.

My problem with Manu was his lack of aggression. It's pretty clear we need him to be aggressive to come out on top of this series. It's pretty much have Manu be aggressive/successful or have a role player or two to step up. Which seems more likely?

DPG21920
05-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Pop has been throughly out coached this series. His counter punches have been ok, but his in game management and level of mistakes are shocking to see. RC has coached an incredibly clean series with very limited mistakes which is key for an upset.

Kidd K
05-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Parker's series stats before tonight:

17 ppg on .49 TS%
98 ORtg
14.6 PER
.002 WS/48

Those are atrocious numbers for the first option and highest payed player on the team. If the Frenchman actually played semi-competent, this series would have already been over in five games.

This thread and my comment are about game 6 though, not games 1-5.

TheGoldStandard
05-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Where the f was splitter

According to Pop he was dead tired, lol... I think he logged 25 or 28 minutes

Johnny RIngo
05-02-2014, 10:15 PM
This thread and my comment are about game 6 though, not games 1-5.

Manu's been our overall best player in this series before tonight. He's playing well above his season numbers. It was expected that Manu would have a bad game eventually. Even a good 4th quarter from TP doesn't make up for his awful play in the other three quarters tonight. Choking in the last minute doesn't help his case either.

Kidd K
05-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Manu's been our overall best player in this series before tonight. He's playing well above his season numbers. It was expected that Manu would have a bad game eventually. Even a good 4th quarter from TP doesn't make up for his awful play in the other three quarters tonight. Choking in the last minute doesn't help his case either.

I don't disagree that Manu's played well before tonight or that Parker has been average. But again, this thread and my comments are about the game tonight, not the series. Parker's 4th actually did kinda make up for earlier in the game. His Final stats are actually decent if you exclude last second chucks like Splitter's 3pt attempt. Especially compared to 1-8 shooting and turnovers per minute at an even higher rate than Parker's shitty 5 TO performance.

DarrinS
05-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Manu was pretty horrific in this game

noles1983
05-02-2014, 10:30 PM
parker - no
manu - total shit
pop - owned by rick again

Johnny RIngo
05-02-2014, 10:32 PM
I don't disagree that Manu's played well before tonight or that Parker has been average. But again, this thread and my comments are about the game tonight, not the series. Parker's 4th actually did kinda make up for earlier in the game. His Final stats are actually decent if you exclude last second chucks like Splitter's 3pt attempt. Especially compared to 1-8 shooting and turnovers per minute at an even higher rate than Parker's shitty 5 TO performance.

Calling Parker's performance in these playoffs "average" is being VERY generous

letmk
05-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Everyone on this board who has been a Spurs fan long enough know when Manu just doesn't have it. I mean Pop can't be that blind, can he?

Not trying to play Monday Morning QB. However, for all the coaching mistakes or whatever, the #1 beef I have with Pop is that he trusts Manu no matter how shitty he plays. When he benches Tony early in this series, I applaud him for doing that. However, he would never do that to Manu, which costs the Spurs at least one champion.

spurtech09
05-02-2014, 10:37 PM
all this and the spurs should of still won but refs helped the mavs get back into the game.....than mavs finished it up.....this series has been weird and there should be no game 7....oddly there is going to be a game 7...mavs are lucky to be in this position

superjames1992
05-02-2014, 10:39 PM
According to Pop he was dead tired, lol... I think he logged 25 or 28 minutes

cd021
05-02-2014, 10:44 PM
no
How did we get back in the game after we were down 8?

Ditty
05-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Parker played a solid game imo. Besides that stupid turnover at the end he bailed us out, and made some timely baskets.

Ginobili played solid D, but his offense was crap.

Duncan didn't even look like he wanted to be out there tonight. Stupid fouls and everyone was scoring him on ease like game 2.

Pop got away from the things that worked in the third quarter. I don't know what the hell to thing about Monta anymore. It's pretty obvious that Leonard can't guard him. Spurs need to come out strong, and take it to them fast. There will probably be a shit load of mavs fans there, so hopefully the crowd will be rocking and the players will go based on the momentum of the fans. Damn I can't believe the season could end on Sunday...

ElNono
05-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Manu looked like 37 tonight... let's hope he plays better in Game 7, because if there's something that's been clear this series, is that we go as far as he'll take us.

I don't really know who you blame for that pathetic 1st quarter, but if you want to look for a solid reason we did not win this game, you gotta start there. Even if we kept up with the scoring, that kind of defense has no place in the playoffs.

letmk
05-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Manu looked like 37 tonight... let's hope he plays better in Game 7, because if there's something that's been clear this series, is that we go as far as he'll take us.

I don't really know who you blame for that pathetic 1st quarter, but if you want to look for a solid reason we did not win this game, you gotta start there. Even if we kept up with the scoring, that kind of defense has no place in the playoffs.

When he plays well, he gives the Spurs better chance to win. When he does not play well, the Spurs can go much further if he gets benched. He can be a creator on offense, but he is not necessarily an indispensable engine.

ElNono
05-02-2014, 11:26 PM
When he plays well, he gives the Spurs better chance to win. When he does not play well, the Spurs can go much further if he gets benched. He can be a creator on offense, but he is not necessarily an indispensable engine.

He was leading the team in scoring through 5 games this series. Think about that for a second.

I've been saying that's not sustainable, but without other players stepping up, where else you gonna go?

letmk
05-03-2014, 12:12 AM
He was leading the team in scoring through 5 games this series. Think about that for a second.

I've been saying that's not sustainable, but without other players stepping up, where else you gonna go?

I'm not saying Manu is not playing great for this series (he might be co-mvp for the Spurs before game 6) or blaming him playing bad for tonight. All I'm saying is that when he plays bad, really bad, Pop needs to sit him down, just like what he does with Tony.

The correct benching of your star players benefits your team. And it should not distinguish between you star PG and SG/2nd PG.

ElNono
05-03-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm not saying Manu is not playing great for this series (he might be co-mvp for the Spurs before game 6) or blaming him playing bad for tonight. All I'm saying is that when he plays bad, really bad, Pop needs to sit him down, just like what he does with Tony.

The correct benching of your star players benefits your team. And it should not distinguish between you star PG and SG/2nd PG.

I get what you're saying. And Pop did sit him for a while there in the 4th... he'll close games though, just like Tim will close games and Tony will close games... we don't have that many experienced players to play under that kind of pressure.

Sometimes it'll work out, sometimes it won't. Except for a stretch of good D in the 3rd he had an awful game tonight.

superbigtime
05-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Manu was awful. I thought Tony played damn hard. Tim got outplayed by that dipshit Blair. Fantastic but wasted games from Danny and Tiago.

letmk
05-03-2014, 12:45 AM
I get what you're saying. And Pop did sit him for a while there in the 4th... he'll close games though, just like Tim will close games and Tony will close games... we don't have that many experienced players to play under that kind of pressure.

Sometimes it'll work out, sometimes it won't. Except for a stretch of good D in the 3rd he had an awful game tonight.

Tony was benched down the stretch in game 3. Despite VC's buzz-beater, I totally agree with that decision as the team was playing much better with the ball in Manu's hands in that game. The same should apply to Manu tonight.

I'm not trying to troll for the fight b/w ChurchOfTony or ChurchOfManu. All I'm saying is that Pop, as a coach, need to be consistent. After all, neither of Tony or Manu can go to free throw line like Durant or Harden even when they don't play well. So the decoy thing hardly works for us when they are playing poorly.

ElNono
05-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Tony was benched down the stretch in game 3. Despite VC's buzz-beater, I totally agree with that decision as the team was playing much better with the ball in Manu's hands in that game. The same should apply to Manu tonight.

I'm not trying to troll for the fight b/w ChurchOfTony or ChurchOfManu. All I'm saying is that Pop, as a coach, need to be consistent. After all, neither of Tony or Manu can go to free throw line like Durant or Harden even when they don't play well. So the decoy thing hardly works for us when they are playing poorly.

uh? Tony entered the game with 1:35 left in 4Q Game 3, and the Spurs up only 1 pt. He only sat down with 24 seconds left, with Manu running the last play (before the VC3 buzzer beater). Tony played 33 mins that game, Pop just gave him a 5 min rest in the 4th since the game was close. In crunchtime, those guys are going to be out there. Maybe one play they'll sit out because of what Pop thinks he needs for defensive purposes (see last year Finals), but overall, those guys are going to play in crunchtime.

If anything, as the stakes get higher, Pop will play them more minutes, not less.

Kidd K
05-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Calling Parker's performance in these playoffs "average" is being VERY generous

Well technically speaking 15 PER and 50% TS% is average :P