PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter's Flop should be suspension

razor247
05-02-2014, 10:16 PM
That flop changed everything. How in the world does he get that call. He should get a suspension when they review that. Stupid fat ninja turtle.

spurtech09
05-02-2014, 10:57 PM
its called refs cheating.....

Ditty
05-02-2014, 10:58 PM
It was bad, but he will get a fine and that will probably be it.

LakerHater
05-02-2014, 11:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a8c-XhVEL4

dg7md
05-02-2014, 11:55 PM
http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Vince-Carter-Flop.gif http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Vince-Carter-Flop.gif http://notsportscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Vince-Carter-Flop.gif

Game 3 hero. :lol

dallasmaverickslose
05-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh my LAWD :lmao

dg7md
05-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Vince Carter proved the existence of ghosts.

MI21
05-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Leonard made the step back to :(

testies
05-03-2014, 12:12 AM
why don't we complain more with refs?

spurs10
05-03-2014, 12:12 AM
He doesn't care if he gets fined. Cuban will buy him a Rolls Royce. I hope the refs on Sunday are pissed off about it and watch that piece of shit like a hawk.

Waps1980
05-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Wow seriously just wow what a punk he should be ashamed.

Horry Hipcheck
05-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Fourth quarter officiating was heinous. This call among many.

Biernutz
05-03-2014, 01:02 AM
What is Leonard a Jedi Knight? With a swipe of his hand...

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/jedi_zpsb225ab07.gif

look_at_g_shred
05-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Kawhi made the shot too

Mal
05-03-2014, 05:15 AM
old fart

in2deep
05-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Spurs got ginobilized

ploto
05-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Then Patty Mills would be suspended, too. When did he become the worst flopper on the team?

sammy
05-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Disgraceful! The officiating was horrible and it seemed the NBA wanted a Game 7! So rigged!

TampaDude
05-03-2014, 08:35 AM
If VC doesn't at least get fined for that egregious flop, then the NBA is indeed rigged.

Seventyniner
05-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Definitely should be a fine. Doesn't warrant a suspension under current rules.

Captivus
05-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Is called winning...
Enough excuses.

boutons_deux
05-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Disgraceful! The officiating was horrible and it seemed the NBA wanted a Game 7! So rigged!

NBA makes $1M+ per game

baseline bum
05-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Then Patty Mills would be suspended, too. When did he become the worst flopper on the team?

Shut up you cunt

MI21
05-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Shut up you cunt

Chomag
05-03-2014, 09:58 AM
If it was Manu, or Parker Spurs fans would be praising him. Funny how that works. :lol

But ya I hate flopping, NBA is supposed to be a mans game but not the past few years. Didn't seem to get bad until NBA started to bring in more euros.

Findog
05-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Are Spurs fans really complaining about another guy flopping?

dieman8686
05-03-2014, 10:38 AM

Funny how I have seen Ginobili do the exact same exaggerated flops like two other times in this series, let alone all his other minor ones. Vince did a monkey see monkey do! Be ashamed of Ginobili for bringing this kind of play to the NBA; and shut up about this being an excuse for losing the game. I'm still sure the Spurs pull it off in game 7.

Expert
05-03-2014, 10:44 AM

Esse quim verde

My pussy is green

NASpurs
05-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Funny how I have seen Ginobili do the exact same exaggerated flops like two other times in this series, let alone all his other minor ones. Vince did a monkey see monkey do! Be ashamed of Ginobili for bringing this kind of play to the NBA; and shut up about this being an excuse for losing the game. I'm still sure the Spurs pull it off in game 7.

How the fuck did Ginobili bring it in the NBA when Divac was already playing here before him? Dumbfuck.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-03-2014, 10:56 AM

hahaha nice fallacy, dumbass. that's a classic 'appeal to hypocrisy' fallacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque)

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-03-2014, 11:03 AM
I was unable to watch the game and just saw this and I can officially saw basketball is ruined. How can you be that blind? Speechless...

DarrinS
05-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Seeing in real-time, it did look like a push off. Refs can't call a mulligan on those calls. It is what it is.

TheGoldStandard
05-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Kawhi will be suspended for his malicious attack on Carter.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Seeing in real-time, it did look like a push off. Refs can't call a mulligan on those calls. It is what it is.

Which is why all plays should be reviewable. Here's how it should be done. There should be an independent group of three refs who are not on the court who are watching the game live. These refs are actively reviewing close up, slow-mo replays of every whistle.

A ref on the court calls a foul on Leonard. The "special" refs see the replay, see that Vince either flopped or at least exaggerated contact and that Kawhi's push was not sufficient to warrant a "foul," and overturn that call.

Fouls should be reviewable at any time, not just in the last 2 minutes. By having this special collection of refs watching the game off the court and reviewing every call with the assistance of replays, the game won't be bogged down. We can't expect the refs on the court to do this because otherwise games would take forever.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-03-2014, 11:24 AM
And, these "special" refs would be in constant contact with the refs on the court through radios/earpieces or something. They see a call and can directly tell Joey Crawford "you called X for a foul on Y but in reality Y fouled X, so reverse the call."

I can't imagine anyone who would be against this.

Oh, Gee!!
05-03-2014, 11:29 AM
The games would only last 5 hours

Venti Quattro
05-03-2014, 11:35 AM
hahaha nice fallacy, dumbass. that's a classic 'appeal to hypocrisy' fallacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
:lmao Wikipedia

Yes, Spurs fans are the some of the biggest hypocrites

jARS mEsH sEt
05-03-2014, 11:36 AM
The games would only last 5 hours

How quickly are replays shown to fans on calls by ESPN or FSSW? It takes like 10-15 seconds to produce a high quality, slow motion replay and it's usually pretty obvious what the "correct" call should have been.

The idea is that the refs on the floor should not be waiting for the special refs to make a decision on every call. The special refs need to make these decisions swiftly using normal "downtime." If the special refs can't keep up, then the game should not be slowed down.

Even if the special refs are only able to review and give input on 1/4 of missed calls during a game, that's still an improvement.

InRareForm
05-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Vince Carter will shoot 15% in the Portland series, just watch.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Also, each team should be given like 1 or 2 reviews per game (to be used at any time not just the last two minutes). On any given call, the team can say hey, I want to give the special refs more time to closely examine that last call.

Oh, Gee!!
05-03-2014, 11:59 AM
How quickly are replays shown to fans on calls by ESPN or FSSW? It takes like 10-15 seconds to produce a high quality, slow motion replay and it's usually pretty obvious what the "correct" call should have been.

The idea is that the refs on the floor should not be waiting for the special refs to make a decision on every call. The special refs need to make these decisions swiftly using normal "downtime." If the special refs can't keep up, then the game should not be slowed down.

Even if the special refs are only able to review and give input on 1/4 of missed calls during a game, that's still an improvement.

It takes 5 minutes for the refs to decide how much time to put on the clock. Imagine if they conferred on every close call, the games would never end

Shastafarian
05-03-2014, 12:02 PM
lol a suspension? No. As others have said he should be fined (as per the rules) but nothing more.

BatManu20
05-03-2014, 12:11 PM
A fine, maybe, but not a suspension. That was an egregious flop but the Spurs players flop too. Let's just win Game 7.

Louae
05-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Obvious flops are technical fouls.

ZB 512
05-03-2014, 12:46 PM

It seems that Spurs fans will complain about the refs even when they have the overall FT advantage.

Splitter had 12 free throws and Dirk had zero, yet you are going to complain?

and Spurs fans complaining about flopping is quite ironic.

Embedded
05-03-2014, 12:56 PM
That was amazingly bad. Vince Carter should be fined. Not that the fine would hurt him, but I think it would make the Ref's subconsciously punish him for such an obvious dupe.

Oh, Gee!!
05-03-2014, 01:00 PM
If you can get away it, do it. Thats how I see it.

Proxy
05-03-2014, 01:06 PM
it's one thing to exaggerate contact... Manu, along with every. single. offensive minded player commits to it. It's part of the game. I think Dirk does it every time he attempts a field goal. Lebron does it when he drives in. Harden and Westbrook fall every jump shot. CP3 stands under the basket and an invisible train smashes into him.

that right there... what VC did, was a coward move because there was no contact. He didn't get positioning on Kawhi. He didn't get touched. The acting job was pre-meditated; not reactionary. You'd be a real wanker to not acknowledge that.

that being said... suspended? Who the fuck wants to win like that? Best team should win, and 4 of 7 never lies.

cjw
05-03-2014, 01:11 PM
NBA makes $1M+ per game

Peter Holt stands to make some money from game 7 too. That is, unless the outcome of Game 7 eliminates Games 1 & 2 of the next round.

TE
05-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Vince Carter will shoot 15% in the Portland series, just watch.
If Dallas plays Portland, everybody will see how soft the Spurs were on defense. Portland has defenders that get up into you with aggression. Portland will put either Batum or Matthews on Carter and you'll see the real Carter.

Kyle Orton
05-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Lol you fat be@ners complaining about the refs

yall had a 24-10 FT advantage going into the 4th on the fucking road, and you had a +12 advantage before the end of the game where your shitty ass team had to foul intentionally.dirk attempted 20 shots and didn't have a single attempt

lol whiny faggots bitching about everything. Even with ref help, your shitty regular season team couldn't beat a less talented mavs team :lmao

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-03-2014, 02:05 PM
It seems that Spurs fans will complain about the refs even when they have the overall FT advantage.

Overall FT advantage means nothing when looking at spefic calls that change momentum and when calls are made during g game.

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-03-2014, 02:06 PM

yall had a 24-10 FT advantage going into the 4th on the fucking road, and you had a +12 advantage before the end of the game where your shitty ass team had to foul intentionally.dirk attempted 20 shots and didn't have a single attempt

lol whiny faggots bitching about everything. Even with ref help, your shitty regular season team couldn't beat a less talented mavs team :lmao

Actually the Mavs are a very talented team but your a nuggets fan so the definition of talent has eluded you for well a decade...

jARS mEsH sEt
05-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Actually the Mavs are a very talented team but your a nuggets fan so the definition of talent has eluded you for well a decade...

Oh, that's just a front that Kyle "90 I.Q. faggot" Orton puts on so he doesn't kill himself if you make fun of his real team :rollin

It's like going onto a lakers forum as a spurs fan but listing your team as the Milwaukee bucks.

:lmao

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Oh, that's just a front that Kyle "90 I.Q. faggot" Orton puts on so he doesn't kill himself if you make fun of his real team :rollin

It's like going onto a lakers forum as a spurs fan but listing your team as the Milwaukee bucks.

Ya after I posted it I saw he was a Mavs fan. It always makes me laugh people have enough time in their day and life to spend so much effort on another teams website. I mean really? No girlfriend or wife? Family? Friends? Nope...does not seem to be

PublicOption
05-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Overall FT advantage means nothing when looking at spefic calls that change momentum and when calls are made during g game.

uncalled hacks play an even more pivotal roll when it comes to the outcome of games.

spurtech09
05-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Thought Chris paul was bad....but this is really bad lol.....

spurtech09
05-03-2014, 04:05 PM

lol whiny faggots bitching about everything. Even with ref help, your shitty regular season team couldn't beat a less talented mavs team :lmaoyou mad?

Skull-1
05-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Jeff Van Gumby went ON and ON and ON about the stupid Zach Randolph suspension for the punch thing... I thought he was never going to shut up. Finally just downloaded the NBA Gametime app for my phone and tuned in the Spurs broadcast.

I wonder if Jeff will whine as much about this ridiculous and bogus flop by Carter... Meh, probably not.

ballhog
05-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Vince Carter proved the existence of ghosts.

ballhog
05-03-2014, 04:39 PM

Splitter was hacked hard on easy ones under the hoop. Dirk takes fade-a-aways

wildbill2u
05-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Kwahi has gotten called for a bunch of push offs in this series. Playoff refs allow a little more roughness, but he can't be so blatant. Carter is a wily vet and made the refs take notice.

sefant77
05-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Carter got sick of Ginobili flopping all over the court the entire series, getting multiple bs calls. You could do a great highlight reel with Gino just in this six games.

If you call for a suspension then Ginobili would play a maximum of 41 games each season

Waps1980
05-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Carter got sick of Ginobili flopping all over the court the entire series, getting multiple bs calls. You could do a great highlight reel with Gino just in this six games.

Where are all these flops if they were as bad or worse from this series they'd be on you tube for us to see cos they were so bad and I'd be ashamed of Manu for them, but yet there are none.
Show me and I'll eat my words.
That flop was beyond a joke and makes VC look like a little pussy bitch and a disgrace to the player he is and was.

jack sommerset
05-03-2014, 09:18 PM
L'énorme flop de Vince Carter. Dios te bendiga

heyheymymy
05-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Which is why all plays should be reviewable. Here's how it should be done. There should be an independent group of three refs who are not on the court who are watching the game live. These refs are actively reviewing close up, slow-mo replays of every whistle.

A ref on the court calls a foul on Leonard. The "special" refs see the replay, see that Vince either flopped or at least exaggerated contact and that Kawhi's push was not sufficient to warrant a "foul," and overturn that call.

Fouls should be reviewable at any time, not just in the last 2 minutes. By having this special collection of refs watching the game off the court and reviewing every call with the assistance of replays, the game won't be bogged down. We can't expect the refs on the court to do this because otherwise games would take forever.

but then how would vegas control the spread?

Kyle Orton
05-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Where are all these flops if they were as bad or worse from this series they'd be on you tube for us to see cos they were so bad and I'd be ashamed of Manu for them, but yet there are none.
Show me and I'll eat my words.
That flop was beyond a joke and makes VC look like a little pussy bitch and a disgrace to the player he is and was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLaXoC1RSE

Boomersgold
05-04-2014, 10:38 AM

You should really look up the definition of a flop; there seems to be some sort of confusion on your part. Avoiding the contact on layups or falling over after shooting a tough shot is not flopping. About 2-3 plays shown in that video were borderline flops. None as atrocious as Vince's flop though.

Bill_Brasky
05-04-2014, 10:43 AM

Nigga please. The only reason this series isn't over yet is because of VC turning into MJ. Hopefully he saved his best choke for game 7.

Kyle Orton
05-04-2014, 10:43 AM
You should really look up the definition of a flop; there seems to be some sort of confusion on your part. Avoiding the contact on layups or falling over after shooting a tough shot is not flopping. About 2-3 plays shown in that video were borderline flops. None as atrocious as Vince's flop though.
Still flops though you fucking idiot. If you've ever played ball, you should know that more than half of those shots didn't require falling down. A huge guy like splitter falling multiple times while Jose is on him? :lmao

i find it funny that you fat be@ners for San Antonio bitch about flopping when it is universally regarded around the nba that your European faggot brought over the technique and that your team is notorious for it. It's ok, if my team was tied 3-3 to a shitty mavs team after y'all jacked off all regular season, I would blame the refs too. Cry harder bitch

Kyle Orton
05-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Nigga please. The only reason this series isn't over yet is because of VC turning into MJ. Hopefully he saved his best choke for game 7.
Dirk looks to be on track though and he costed us game 1 so you could make that argument as well

Bill_Brasky
05-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Still flops though you fucking idiot. If you've ever played ball, you should know that more than half of those shots didn't require falling down. A huge guy like splitter falling multiple times while Jose is on him? :lmao

i find it funny that you fat be@ners for San Antonio bitch about flopping when it is universally regarded around the nba that your European faggot brought over the technique and that your team is notorious for it. It's ok, if my team was tied 3-3 to a shitty mavs team after y'all jacked off all regular season, I would blame the refs too. Cry harder bitch

rofl you've never played ball against gigantic nba ******s what the fuck would you know about real contact

Ricky Davis
05-04-2014, 10:47 AM

Look you shit for brains North Texas fuck, I am going to make this so simple that even you will be able to understand. I hate Dallas. I hate all Dallas teams. I hate all Dallas neocon, ass backward GOP loving fuckheads. And it doesn't matter that this is a MLB board you inbred pile of goatshit.

I hate the Rangers just as much.

And I am a Redskin fan because I spent half of my life in Northern Virginia and also because THERE IS NO NFL TEAM in San Antonio and I would rather eat glass shards then support the cowpigs.

And btw what the fuck is a Dallas Maverick supporting loser-faggot like you doing on a Spurs forum? Doesn't that make you a fuckstick? Eat shit and commit suicide afterward please.

Kyle Orton
05-04-2014, 10:49 AM
rofl you've never played ball against gigantic nba ******s what the fuck would you know about real contact
So falling to the ground on every shot/fadeaway isn't flopping :lol

Big ass splitter falling to the ground on every layup? :lol

Kyle Orton
05-04-2014, 10:50 AM
And there is more contact in a streetball game/pickup game at the gym than an nba game tbh

when big Ricky Davis and I went sleeveless at utd, we dominated the paint and didn't see any chinks or sandn!ggers flopping despite us Layin them out

Bill_Brasky
05-04-2014, 10:55 AM
So falling to the ground on every shot/fadeaway isn't flopping :lol

Big ass splitter falling to the ground on every layup? :lol

My nigga is still fogged in the brain from that massive soccer kick he took to the head from dejuan "big fat meanie who eats too much whataburger" blair. Fuckin' scumbag shoulda got a 1 yr ban.

Bill_Brasky
05-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Look you shit for brains North Texas fuck, I am going to make this so simple that even you will be able to understand. I hate Dallas. I hate all Dallas teams. I hate all Dallas neocon, ass backward GOP loving fuckheads. And it doesn't matter that this is a MLB board you inbred pile of goatshit.

And I am a Redskin fan because I spent half of my life in Northern Virginia and also because THERE IS NO NFL TEAM in San Antonio and I would rather eat glass shards then support the cowpigs.

And btw what the fuck is a Dallas Maverick supporting loser-faggot like you doing on a Spurs forum? Doesn't that make you a fuckstick? Eat shit and commit suicide afterward please.

:lmao these posts are just gold man.

Sybok
05-04-2014, 11:00 AM
The flopping doesn't matter. The foul call matters. That's the NBA's fault. We all see it when it happens that it's a flop and there are no fines being levied. The entire thing is WWE.

cjw
05-04-2014, 11:05 AM
If you call for a suspension then Ginobili would play a maximum of 41 games each season

Not that it's a bad thing... less chance of him hurting himself.

My favorite one is still the Manu-Raja Bell double flop:
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/642675/doq3xx.gif

Kyle Orton
05-04-2014, 11:11 AM
And yea I ain't saying the mavs don't flop either cause they do but :lmao at spurfan bitching about it when your very own faggot brought this type of shit over.

And as someone else pointed out earlier, the vc flop did look like a real push off in live speed. I was at game 6 and it looked legit in person and I only learned about how bad it was when I came on jere

dude1394
05-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Man be careful what you wish for. The spurs scoring average would go down by 10 ppg.

DarrinS
05-04-2014, 11:18 AM

I see one for TP and 2-3 for Tiago. The rest? Not so much.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Man be careful what you wish for. The spurs scoring average would go down by 10 ppg.

Why is that a bad thing? You're assuming I only want ref changes when it's convenient for the spurs.

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 11:28 AM

This.

Although I think hitting the floor has to be hard on the body. Guys would probably extend their careers by staying on their feet. If I fell like TP and Manu do I would break something.

dav4463
05-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Why do you maverick fans think the number of free throws should be even when every shot your team shoots is an outside jumper while the Spurs go inside many times? It isn't logical.

As far as flopping, at least Manu does draw contact. Dirk falls down when the air conditioner comes on during his jump shot.

My solution........if a player gets fouled and manages to stay on his feet; he should get the old 3 to make 2, or 2 to make 1 at the foul line. It could help. It would be nice to see dirk or tony take a shot and not hit the floor every single time.

Kyle Orton
05-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Why do you maverick fans think the number of free throws should be even when every shot your team shoots is an outside jumper while the Spurs go inside many times? It isn't logical.

As far as flopping, at least Manu does draw contact. Dirk falls down when the air conditioner comes on during his jump shot.

My solution........if a player gets fouled and manages to stay on his feet; he should get the old 3 to make 2, or 2 to make 1 at the foul line. It could help. It would be nice to see dirk or tony take a shot and not hit the floor every single time.
Points in the paint-

Mavs:50
spurs:48

cool story bro

Obstructed_View
05-04-2014, 11:58 AM
You could do a great highlight reel with Gino just in this six games.

We're waiting.

Obstructed_View
05-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Points in the paint-

cool story bro
Points are from made baskets. A non-called foul results in a miss.

Kyle Orton
05-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Points are from made baskets. A non-called foul results in a miss.
Keep reaching crofl

did you have your ugly girlfriend post that for you again?

dude1394
05-04-2014, 12:02 PM

Another really, really intelligent fan. Thank you so much for adding enlightenment to the forum.

dav4463
05-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Points in the paint-

cool story bro

offensive rebounds

dav4463
05-04-2014, 01:00 PM
offensive rebounds and turnovers by spurs lead to points in the paint. almost every set play by mavs is an outside shot.

heyheymymy
05-04-2014, 02:22 PM
i think VC was just old and fell not necessarily a flop

Venti Quattro
05-04-2014, 04:08 PM
So what do you think about Manu's flop, spurfans? He should be suspended too, imo.

Obstructed_View
05-04-2014, 06:41 PM
So what do you think about Manu's flop, spurfans? He should be suspended too, imo.

Same number of games as Vince Carter.

Waps1980
05-05-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm not buying into these flops after the shot. Parker drives that hard and extends himself if he was trying to land on his feet he could cause potential injury.
He's learnt how to fall in those situations as to not try fold his ankles, the foul is there even without the fall. Perhaps Rose could learn something about not landing on your feet.
Yeah there are a few iffy ones but there was at least contact on them, VC's make him look like a tool straight out simple as that.
A lot of Manu's are caused by him taking off balance shots but yeah he does flop don't get me wrong.

These days you get touched you drop, the NBA have themselves to blame.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-05-2014, 06:24 AM
That flop changed everything. How in the world does he get that call. He should get a suspension when they review that. Stupid fat ninja turtle.

Series is over. But don't forget just after that, he drives to the lane, Duncan gets a clean block and he flops his arms all over the place and gets a foul called. VC flopping antics won the Mavs game 6, but the Spurs returned the favor in game 7.

I love how the Mavs try to go small and have Crowder guard Parker and put VC on Tim. Tim backed him up two times in a row and VC was flopping yet again in the post and complaining to the refs like Duncan was fouling him. Welcome to post play VC, especially going against a guy who has 5", 30lbs on you and is a HOF player. To me, that was the highlight of the evening.

Prime Time
05-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Well, OP got his wish. VC didn't show up yesterday.

TampaDude
05-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Well, OP got his wish. VC didn't show up yesterday.

:lol