PDA

View Full Version : By playing this way Blair is proving Pop was right to bench him...

Phenomanul
05-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Blair had another gear within him that he was too lazy to shift into while playing with the Spurs...

Pop knew Blair's best attribute was energy, and was trying to get him to play energized every game...

When Blair played uninspired ball, Pop reduced his playing time..

Blair responded by sulking instead of unleashing this determination and grit.

Unfortunately, now his realization is backfiring on the Spurs...

Malik Hairston
05-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Dejuan Blair is terrible, tbh:lol..

He's doing damage on the offensive glass and finishing the scraps against a 38-year old Duncan that looks worn out and hasn't been able to move since the schedule has made the games every other day..Duncan has had the same troubles against Dalembert, too..

There's a reason Blair wasn't getting playing time until game 4 of this series..if the Mavs advance, he won't get any minutes against the next team, too..

Phenomanul
05-02-2014, 11:18 PM

He's doing damage on the offensive glass and finishing the scraps against a 38-year old Duncan that looks worn out and hasn't been able to move since the schedule has made the games every other day..Duncan has had the same troubles against Dalembert, too..

There's a reason Blair wasn't getting playing time until game 4 of this series..if the Mavs advance, he won't get any minutes against the next team, too..

And yet he leads all players in postseason PER.

FkLA
05-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Aldridge/Dwight will murder him if they pull it off. Shit I'd love to see Pop let Diaw go at him, I think he'd score on him at will too tbh.

Malik Hairston
05-02-2014, 11:22 PM
And yet he leads all players in postseason PER.

And? PER is a per-minute metric..

Again, his coach didn't even play him for any key stretches until a hot stint he had in game 4:lol..even during that stint, Carlisle only put him in the game once the Spurs had opened up a double-digit lead and the Mavs looked dead..

Mugen
05-02-2014, 11:25 PM
:lol if Dejuan Blair is a problem for your team, then you don't belong in the 2nd round tbh.

Phenomanul
05-02-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm not necessarily saying Blair is the second coming... He makes bone-headed plays all the time... I'm simply saying that Pop was trying to get him to play to his full potential because when determined Blair can be a rebounding force. Blair simply realized this while playing for our interstate rival.

Oh, Gee!!
05-02-2014, 11:32 PM
:lol if Dejuan Blair is a problem for your team, then you don't belong in the 2nd round tbh.

Exactly. Blair is not the reason we are facing game 7. Fuck Blair tbh, he is inconsequential. Spurs fan making him out to be a bad guy is desperate IMO

DJR210
05-02-2014, 11:33 PM
I think the difference is this fool is rebounding and playing decent D again. He always had the offense with San Antonio. He stopped rebounding for San Antonio when he lost the weight.

ElNono
05-02-2014, 11:36 PM

read my mind :lol

playblair
05-02-2014, 11:37 PM

ultimate blair hater............... 2 30/20 games = elite.............. blair has dominated many legit big man...............

FkLA
05-02-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm not necessarily saying Blair is the second coming... He makes bone-headed plays all the time... I'm simply saying that Pop was trying to get him to play to his full potential because when determined Blair can be a rebounding force. Blair simply realized this while playing for our interstate rival.

Good match-up for him. Duncan is pretty immobile at this point of his career and neither Diaw or Splitter are dominant rebounders. Fat Blair is busting ass out there and he deserves props for that but not sure the results would be the same against a more formidable frontcourt tbh.

Expert
05-03-2014, 12:26 AM
I'm happy for Blair, I hope he gets some recognition after Gary Neal and Danny Green stole the show in the Finals while Blair sat the bench, but he's no giant killer. He's an opportunist, basically a poor man's Turiaf.

KaiRMD1
05-03-2014, 12:34 AM
Blair is playing like this ONLY because it's against the Spurs. He can't do this against any other team. Blair is a scrub, plain and simple. He's cleaning our clocks the same way a Jarrett Jack, Mo Williams, Thunder bench or any other scrub you can think of does to us. Pop was right to bench him because the fucker can't do shit but score.......sometimes