PDA

View Full Version : Man in the Mirror

Dex
08-09-2005, 10:45 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006Q93WY/qid=1123644925/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_sbs_3/103-6310647-2531862?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

I'm a little behind the times on this one, but I just rented this the other day and found it to be a pretty interesting little piece of cinema. When I was a kid, I was a huge Micheal Jackson fan (who wasn't?). When it comes to everything he did before 93, the man was basically infallible. Now, he is the butt of every late-night joke that hits the airwave.

This movie-style documentary was originally a VH1 Special, i believe, and was recently brought to DVD. It was released just before his latest trial hit the courts. It basically goes over the wierdness that is Micheal Jackson, highlighting what has become his fall from fame. It doesn't deny any of the allegations made against Jackson; Rather, it sheds light on them and really helps to show why they are what they are.

Biased or not, it really explains a lot about everything that people seem to hold against Micheal now. Not the greatest movie ever made, but it really opened my eyes to a few things, and though I still think that Jackson is still definitely...not quite right in the head, I at least understand why and find it hard to really fault him for it.

Whether you are for or against Jacko, I suggest checking it out if you ever considered yourself a fan or wondered what the hell happened to the guy. It's available to rent at Hollywood Video, and probably some Blockbusters, though the one I go to doesn't have it in stock.