PDA

View Full Version : Spurs on Fire Early -- Not a Good Sign

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 03:05 PM
They always collapse after they start this hot....

I sense danger out there. Doom is looming...

Beaverfuzz
05-04-2014, 03:12 PM
:lol:

:flag:

The_Coyote
05-04-2014, 03:50 PM
I agree. The Spurs have to be up by at least 65 points for me to stop popping Xanaxes like Mike n' Ike's.

Man In Black
05-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Fuck that fake Spurs fans.

th3answ3r
05-04-2014, 03:54 PM
what do you want man, they are up 20+ at halftime

Skull-1
I agree. The Spurs have to be up by at least 65 points for me to stop popping Xanaxes like Mike n' Ike's.

:lmao

poop
Only a 48 point lead is a safe lead

Skull-1
Only a 48 point lead is a safe lead

:lol

davidbowie
05-04-2014, 03:55 PM
We can definitely blow this lead. I'm still nervous as shit lol

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 03:58 PM

Let us hope past is not prologue.

TampaDude
05-04-2014, 04:00 PM

Relax. The Spurs WILL blow this lead, because that's what they've always done. They can never hold on to big leads when it counts. Mavs by 5.

Man In Black
05-04-2014, 04:00 PM
:spam:

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 04:05 PM
:spam:

You obviously have a very short frame of reference when it comes to the Spurs having a big lead in the playoffs...

dallasmaverickslose
05-04-2014, 04:06 PM

Manu will screw us as usual, per par.

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Manu will screw us as usual, per par.

Magic 8 Ball says: "My sources say this is likely."

spurraider21
05-04-2014, 05:02 PM
lol retard

ElNono
05-04-2014, 05:03 PM
pity post

Man In Black
05-04-2014, 05:30 PM
You obviously have a very short frame of reference when it comes to the Spurs having a big lead in the playoffs...

Did I really? I think I was absolutely correct. My memory is fine.
Here, beat your meat with this, it'll help your issue with PREMATURE EJACULATION SKULL.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608009164133499354&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

DarrinS
05-04-2014, 05:32 PM

F.U.

Your takes are horrible.

Go away or kill yourself.

Capster
05-04-2014, 05:32 PM

Shows how much you know!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CaAxWhD-DNo/TUeJBjpe3nI/AAAAAAAAAFI/rLF_ztD3VmQ/s1600/CoolSpurs2%25281%2529.jpg

Capster
05-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Magic 8 Ball says: "My sources say this is likely."

Hope you are keepin your day job........you suck!

Capster
05-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Relax. The Spurs WILL blow this lead, because that's what they've always done. They can never hold on to big leads when it counts. Mavs by 5.

LOL!!!! Dirt bag. You don't know nothin!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CaAxWhD-DNo/TUeJBjpe3nI/AAAAAAAAAFI/rLF_ztD3VmQ/s1600/CoolSpurs2%25281%2529.jpg

smeagol
05-04-2014, 05:52 PM

Kill yourself already, asshole. Even rascal is a better poster tan you, bitch!

TampaDude
05-04-2014, 06:00 PM
LOL!!!! Dirt bag. You don't know nothin!!!

:lol Trust me, I'm so glad to be wrong. Maybe we have a shot after all...

Sean Cagney
05-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Spurs were on their way to blowing a 29 pt lead and I gave the old HERE WE GO with this shitttt take, then they righted the ship. I am happy they righted the ship, if not I was in all out panic mode.

TampaDude
05-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Spurs were on their way to blowing a 29 pt lead and I gave the old HERE WE GO with this shitttt take, then they righted the ship. I am happy they righted the ship, if not I was in all out panic mode.

You and me both, brother...the scars of 6 are deep. :lol

Sean Cagney
05-04-2014, 06:17 PM
You and me both, brother...the scars of 6 are deep. :lol
This blown lead stuff goes back to 03 with me! Game one against Suns, Game 1 against Dallas and game 5 as well, huge leads in the 4th gone! Game 4 Suns in 07! The list goes on and on and on about blown leads with this team, they get up HUGE LOOK OUT! Almost game game 5 against LA too in 03, the HOrry miss game! That would have ended our year blowing that 20 some odd point lead at home. Spurs do this, all the time.

TampaDude
05-04-2014, 06:18 PM
This blown lead stuff goes back to 03 with me! Game one against Suns, Game 1 against Dallas and game 5 as well, huge leads in the 4th gone! Game 4 Suns in 07! The list goes on and on and on about blown leads with this team, they get up HUGE LOOK OUT! Almost game game 5 against LA too in 03, the HOrry miss game! That would have ended our year blowing that 20 some odd point lead at home. Spurs do this, all the time.

True facts, brother! :toast

pgardn
05-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Good Christ...

You guys have not suffered nearly enough.
The board reserves the right to wish kidney stones on both of you.

TampaDude
05-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Good Christ...

Harsh, dude...go eat a bag of dicks.

Sean Cagney
05-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Good Christ...

LOL not suffered enough? ARE YOU SERIOUS! .4 and 13 and 35 and last years 6 is ENOUGH, DIRK FOUL ENOUGH. ENOUGH. Damn.

pgardn
05-04-2014, 06:38 PM

Where do I purchase a bag of dicks?
So I can ram them into your sissy ass kidneys...

pgardn
05-04-2014, 06:40 PM
LOL not suffered enough? ARE YOU SERIOUS! .4 and 13 and 35 and last years 6 is ENOUGH, DIRK FOUL ENOUGH. ENOUGH. Damn.

Just kidding.

I do want you to find a copy of the San Antonio-Washington Bullets playoff series.
Up 3-1 and lost. We could have gone to the Championship.

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Kill yourself already, asshole. Even rascal is a better poster tan you, bitch!

^^^^ Four years old. :lol

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 06:57 PM
:lol Trust me, I'm so glad to be wrong. Maybe we have a shot after all...

I am glad they broke the trend finally but....we don't have a shot. At all.

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 06:59 PM

This was a staple (pun) against the Lakers. We would go up huge and blow it. I could never understand it.

Glad we went against the trend finally.

Skull-1
05-04-2014, 06:59 PM

Lmao pwnage! :lol

mclinejr
05-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Skull-1 stirring the pot. :lol

Prose
05-04-2014, 07:27 PM

I understand game 6 scars are deep but common man stfu. All you do is talk shit. Your profile pic is wack. And your jab at Obama is wack. I've been only on this forum for 2 weeks and I already noticed all you do is talk shit. Where you at now??? Where was the collapse? The big three have given the city of San Antonio so much that anything that they give us at this stage of the dynasty is a plus. Just be grateful and appreciate this team bc who knows how much more time we have with them.

smeagol
05-04-2014, 07:39 PM
^^^^ Four years old. :lol

You just dared me to insult you in your face and I'm 4 years old?

Go fuck yourself sorry ass boy . . . you give Spurs fans a bad name, lame ass loser . . .

FuzzyLumpkins
05-04-2014, 07:40 PM
For a supposed ex-military pilot, Skull-1 sure is a coward.

smeagol
05-04-2014, 07:41 PM
I understand game 6 scars are deep but common man stfu. All you do is talk shit. Your profile pic is wack. And your jab at Obama is wack. I've been only on this forum for 2 weeks and I already noticed all you do is talk shit. Where you at now??? Where was the collapse? The big three have given the city of San Antonio so much that anything that they give us at this stage of the dynasty is a plus. Just be grateful and appreciate this team bc who knows how much more time we have with them.

Don't waste you time reasoning with this asshole. He is an embarassement to the Spurs fan base all over the wrold. He is probably everyone's bitch where ever he comes from . . .

FuzzyLumpkins
05-04-2014, 07:49 PM
I am completely earnest when I say this, Skull-1 exhibits all of the hallmarks of one who suffers from narcissistic personality disorder. He will be completely hostile to anyone that disagrees with him and then go through a process of dehumanizing you such that in his eyes you do not matter. Smeag, that is why he tries to label you as a child. It's his defense mechanism. If you keep pressing the issue, he will just ignore you eventually. He will never concede anything.

He also likes to tell stories about how wonderful he is. His MO is to try and create this supposed authority for appeal when reason fails him. He will regale you about astronauts and saudi princes as if that makes him any less full of shit.

What is really telling is how he relates to people that agree with him. He give tacit support via smilies but always remains aloof and never really engages with them. He will coopt others takes but he will never credit ideas that he agrees with if they come from somewhere else.

He is sick and once you realize it and treat him a such its easier to handle. It certainly is aggravating.

Prose
05-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Exactly man...and people complaint how spurs always lose in heartbreaking fashion or blow big leads....your going to suffer some painful losses when your in the playoffs EVER YEAR!!! It's basketball. One team wins, the other loses.just be grateful for this dynasty for putting San Antonio on the map.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Skull-fucked tbh.

Sean Cagney
05-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Just kidding.

I do want you to find a copy of the San Antonio-Washington Bullets playoff series.
Up 3-1 and lost. We could have gone to the Championship.

WOW it goes way back to you! I go back to the Robinson and Hakeem series in 95 and Utah beating us every year :( I don't go back that far! You must have been devistated that year they blew a 3-1 lead. Do you think the Spurs would have won it all that year? I was not there for that.

pgardn
05-04-2014, 10:43 PM
WOW it goes way back to you! I go back to the Robinson and Hakeem series in 95 and Utah beating us every year :( I don't go back that far! You must have been devistated that year they blew a 3-1 lead. Do you think the Spurs would have won it all that year? I was not there for that.

i had had to console my father as an infant.

You have suffered my son, be at peace.
*flicks holy water*

I believe the Bullets got stomped by the Sonics that year so I guess no.
But you did go through the Spurs are to nice to win BS so you get a pass I would think.

Sean Cagney
05-04-2014, 11:06 PM
i had had to console my father as an infant.

You have suffered my son, be at peace.
*flicks holy water*

I believe the Bullets got stomped by the Sonics that year so I guess no.
But you did go through the Spurs are to nice to win BS so you get a pass I would think.
Oh yeah, I heard that year after year growing up as a Spurs fan, they are soft or too nice.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Yes, because a 7 game series indicates they are "on fire early".

T Park
05-05-2014, 02:27 AM

oh my, they were only ahead 14. jesus christ people.

They hardly broke a sweat past the 6 minute mark of the second quarter.

It was akin to a regular season Spurs Mavericks game.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2014, 02:31 AM
oh my, they were only ahead 14. jesus christ people.

They hardly broke a sweat past the 6 minute mark of the second quarter.

It was akin to a regular season Spurs Mavericks game.
Okay how many times have we seen this team blow a big lead? As recently as game 4 right? I remember game 5 03 against LA when we had a HUGE lead and even a 16 pt lead going into the 4th and a HORRY MISS saved us! Yes a 16 PT lead headed into the 4th! Sometimes with this team no lead is safe, since 03. Mavs 03 game 5 too, up 17 or so in the third or so and blew that game, those things tend to creep back in, sorry. Spurs have blown those leads before, to say here we go again is not far fetched at times! I know the Spurs usually pull if off when up by alot but honestly they usually make it interesting too and even occasionally lose some of those big leads and the game.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-05-2014, 04:42 AM
Okay how many times have we seen this team blow a big lead? As recently as game 4 right? I remember game 5 03 against LA when we had a HUGE lead and even a 16 pt lead going into the 4th and a HORRY MISS saved us! Yes a 16 PT lead headed into the 4th! Sometimes with this team no lead is safe, since 03. Mavs 03 game 5 too, up 17 or so in the third or so and blew that game, those things tend to creep back in, sorry. Spurs have blown those leads before, to say here we go again is not far fetched at times! I know the Spurs usually pull if off when up by alot but honestly they usually make it interesting too and even occasionally lose some of those big leads and the game.

You remind me of my girlfriend when she cannot find her purse. Frantic and the like.

Pocho La Pantera
05-05-2014, 05:00 AM
pity poster
Fixed

Skull-1
05-05-2014, 05:02 AM
Okay how many times have we seen this team blow a big lead? As recently as game 4 right? I remember game 5 03 against LA when we had a HUGE lead and even a 16 pt lead going into the 4th and a HORRY MISS saved us! Yes a 16 PT lead headed into the 4th! Sometimes with this team no lead is safe, since 03. Mavs 03 game 5 too, up 17 or so in the third or so and blew that game, those things tend to creep back in, sorry. Spurs have blown those leads before, to say here we go again is not far fetched at times! I know the Spurs usually pull if off when up by alot but honestly they usually make it interesting too and even occasionally lose some of those big leads and the game.Yep. And Lakers came back on us seemingly every year. This team has never shown a consistent step-on-their-throat mentality. Thankfully they did this time.

smeagol
05-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Every team in the fucking NBA blows up big leads . . .

DarrinS
05-05-2014, 07:55 AM

Skull-1
05-05-2014, 11:00 AM

Yes, yes, especially the Spurs in the playoffs. Twice this series alone. No killer instinct. Soft like the sponge between your ears, chump.

T Park
05-05-2014, 11:09 AM

You're bringing up a team from 11 years ago? Seriously?

T Park
05-05-2014, 11:10 AM

Yup. Oklahoma City blew a 28 point lead down to 4 in game 1. It happens.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-05-2014, 11:12 AM
That basketball is a game of runs is the cliche.

Sean Cagney
05-05-2014, 10:08 PM
You're bringing up a team from 11 years ago? Seriously?

When have teams changed with the blown leads? I guess I can say they were up around 14 or so in game 6 last year as well in the third against Miami since you want a more recent game (We were up 14 yesterday as well and some were nervous, thats not a huge lead a team can't overcome). They blew that one and lost the lead early in the 4th after being up 10 at the end of three. The Spurs have done this for a long time, from 02 or so until now, it's nothing new and YES it dates back that far to them blowing leads in games they should have won. We were nervous in that game yesterday when it got cut down that fast, rightfully so being they routinely do that.
You remind me of my girlfriend when she cannot find her purse. Frantic and the like.

Thats the truth what I said, they blow leads since then and thats pretty much a fact of life. I have seen numerous games where they will do that during the playoffs and ALOT of fans will say here we go again, not just me. That creeps up in the back of your mind during those games. They blew those games I said and quite a few more, it's just a fact the Spurs routinely will do that atleast once in the playoffs (Sometimes more), somtimes they right the ship and sometimes they don't and give the game up. Luckily they win more than they lose, but when the lead strats to dwindle it can creep up in the back of your mind that here we go again. ALOT of Spurs fans say agree there.

It is as you said though a game of runs and yes it does happen to more teams than just the Spurs, I have seen quite a few this year from other teams blowing huge leads and it is not solely just a Spurs thing, but as a fan it can make you sweat a little.