PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: What do the Mavs do with Dirk, going forward, tbh?..

Malik Hairston
05-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Do you continue to build your team around him as the #1 guy, tbh?..

He looked great during the regular season, and he's still the Mavs' best player, despite the thoughts of morons like Barkley, but his defense was beyond awful in the playoffs, tbh..

Dirk in his prime was a very underrated defender..he's always had great defensive metrics, and while he's never been a defensive anchor, he was also never a defensive liability, despite the perception surrounding Europeans..

Current Dirk has no mobility, though, his defense is completely non-existent, tbh..the Spurs' have had troubles with Duncan's lack of mobility in the pick&roll and have had to surround him with good defenders, but at least he still has shot blocking ability/instincts..

So, what do the Mavs do when their best player has no mobility or defensive ability, going forward?..Does he still have the offensive ability to negate the lack of defense and mobility, tbh?..

AchillesHeel
05-04-2014, 04:56 PM
, tbh..
, tbh?..

Calispursfan11
05-04-2014, 04:56 PM
OP is a faggot. Of course you continue to build around Dirk TBH.

FkLA
05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
That was quite possibly the worst defense I have ever seen. Theyre in a tough position since he means so much to Dallas bc of what he's done in the past.

Clipper Nation
05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
If Dirk's smart, he'll leave and start ring-chasing instead of letting that faggot Cuban "keep the powder dry" and waste yet another season of his career, tbh....

Calispursfan11
05-04-2014, 04:59 PM
, tbh..
, tbh?..

:lmao

Franklin
05-04-2014, 05:36 PM
If you wanna sense his defensive ability, bend over and he'll fortify ya, fag.

Mal
05-04-2014, 05:54 PM
He`ll take a paycut and Mavs will reload with one or two new guys coming in free agency. They have good core, great coach. Need more young legs and another legit scoring option.

100%duncan
05-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Dirk should come to SA and get a ring, tbh

xtremesteven33
05-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Dirk wants to stay loyal and retire in Dallas. We know hes just as competitive as anyone in the NBA, but he may be content already with 1 ring. Not that he doesnt want another one of course and will work hard to get another one, but having won already may be good enough for him to stay in Dallas.

Ricky Davis
05-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Do you continue to build your team around him as the #1 guy, tbh?..

He looked great during the regular season, and he's still the Mavs' best player, despite the thoughts of morons like Barkley, but his defense was beyond awful in the playoffs, tbh..

Dirk in his prime was a very underrated defender..he's always had great defensive metrics, and while he's never been a defensive anchor, he was also never a defensive liability, despite the perception surrounding Europeans..

Current Dirk has no mobility, though, his defense is completely non-existent, tbh..the Spurs' have had troubles with Duncan's lack of mobility in the pick&roll and have had to surround him with good defenders, but at least he still has shot blocking ability/instincts..

So, what do the Mavs do when their best player has no mobility or defensive ability, going forward?..Does he still have the offensive ability to negate the lack of defense and mobility, tbh?..

This is by far the worst Dirk has played on defense all season. The Spurs have the brainpower + personnel to attack him relentlessly on defense which is exactly what they did. Without the pick and roll, Dallas can just hide him on the least viable threat and it usually works out.

Chinook
05-04-2014, 06:55 PM
At least one of Tyson Chandler and Taj Gibson should be on the move this off-season. The Mavs just need to acquire one of them. They're in a similar position as the Spurs are with Duncan; it's just that the Spurs have three extremely talented defenders to help Duncan out (and Duncan can protect the rim at an elite level if he can play in a phonebooth). Cuban needs to focus on acquiring defenders to put around Ellis and Dirk.

Ideal off-season for Dallas: re-sign Dirk for cheapish, trade for Gibson, sign Deng, sign the best room-exception player they can and draft the best scorer at 34. They could also try to trade for Tony Allen and sign Ed Davis and take a risk on Granger on a near-MLE deal.

HemisfairArena
05-04-2014, 07:21 PM
You dump the German and start the re-build. Cuban curbstomped the franchise on his pipe dream after they won a title and landed nothing.

baseline bum
05-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Until Dirk starts looking like Toronto Olajuwon or Seattle Ewing you gotta bring him back, because there aren't any other Dirks out there. Hope a draft pick pans out and you make a good free agent signing to go next to him.

HI-FI
05-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Dirk was crying like crazy in this series. Not sure if someone kept showing him the Versailles Treaty but his bitching was too much.

That being said, I'd love for him to join the Spurs anytime. I'm sure Cuban will do a ton of blow and come up with a crazy way to rebuild the team around Dirk.

spurraider21
05-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Dirk was crying like crazy in this series. Not sure if someone kept showing him the Versailles Treaty but his bitching was too much.

ElNono
05-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Rick was basically slobbering Dirk's knob nonstop in the presser following the game... basically said you could see Dirk has many years left in him...

Frankly, I think they're going to try to start loading up the bulk of the offense through Monta, and get more help defensively to assist Dirk. It has worked with the Spurs, with Splitter and good wing defenders helping Tim.

The thing is, I think Marion is starting to really show his age. He plays hard, but it's clear he's not what he used to be defensively. That's something I think they'll have to address.

KaiRMD1
05-04-2014, 08:10 PM
You have to build around him but this Mavs team is a good team, they just came around too late. Give them a whole nother season together, guarantee they do a lot better than 8th seed, they may even crack the top 4 possibly. But Dirk can still go

Mugen
05-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Being one of the worst drafting teams since trading for Dirk will really hurt them these next couple of years tbh.

Clipper Nation
05-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Tbh, it's ironic how the owner who used to be most vocally against treadmill teams is now fielding one every year :lol

Findog
05-04-2014, 08:14 PM
You have to pair Dirk with an elite defensive big, somebody like Tyson Chandler in his prime...

HemisfairArena
05-04-2014, 08:19 PM
You have to build around him but this Mavs team is a good team, they just came around too late. Give them a whole nother season together, guarantee they do a lot better than 8th seed, they may even crack the top 4 possibly. But Dirk can still go

No chance. To much youth taking over the West,,,Houston, Clippers, OKC, Portland will all be fighting for top 4 West teams next year,,,and lets not forget about the Warriors and the dark horse Phoenix. Dallas will be lucky to be a 6-8 seed again.

KaiRMD1
05-04-2014, 08:40 PM
No chance. To much youth taking over the West,,,Houston, Clippers, OKC, Portland will all be fighting for top 4 West teams next year,,,and lets not forget about the Warriors and the dark horse Phoenix. Dallas will be lucky to be a 6-8 seed again.

Then they are going to have to start drafting smart or trading for franchise picks. I guess they can build around Blair?

HemisfairArena
05-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Then they are going to have to start drafting smart or trading for franchise picks. I guess they can build around Blair?

You trade Dirk while he still has value. Lakers,,,and their fans are mad for not doing the same with Gasol. He couldn't net them a 1st round pick,,,Dirk still can for Dallas,,,start the rebuild before Dirk nets you nothing.

monosylab1k
05-04-2014, 08:58 PM

That being said, I'd love for him to join the Spurs anytime. I'm sure Cuban will do a ton of blow and come up with a crazy way to rebuild the team around Dirk.

The Philo Crew handjobbing each other, per par etc

Clipper Nation
05-04-2014, 09:00 PM

They're the Vanilla Company, tbh :lol

monosylab1k
05-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Dirk has all but said in local interviews that he isn't leaving Dallas, and will retire before he plays elsewhere. Winning in 2011 was all he needed, at this point he also basically said he's playing for personal stats, namely climbing as high up the scoring list as he can. He wants to win but I don't think a title is a priority to him anymore, he basically wants to win and get into the playoffs so that he can enjoy the game and the grind, since losing all the time sucks and isn't any fun.

monosylab1k
05-04-2014, 09:02 PM
They're the Vanilla Company, tbh :lol

:lmao nice

spurraider21
05-04-2014, 09:04 PM
:lmao nice
so if me responding with ":lmao" is handjobbing, what do you call this?

monosylab1k
05-04-2014, 09:09 PM
so if me responding with ":lmao" is handjobbing, what do you call this?

better make sure your VC understudy rushes to your defense tbh

HI-FI
05-04-2014, 09:10 PM
difference is, I've never sent a PM to Philo, Splits or whoever is supposedly in this crew. curious how many PMs were exchanged amongst you guys tbh.

Mugen
05-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Sucks tbh since Dirk is still an elite offensive player and Carlisle is easily the 2nd beach coach in the league. An elite rim protector at C would obviously solve a lot of things but I don't see one being realistically available. Ariza would be a good fit though they will have to vastly overpay to get him.....

spurraider21
05-04-2014, 09:12 PM
better make sure your VC understudy rushes to your defense tbh
you still have the disturbing inability to answer relatively simple questions. i feel for you scrah

ElNono
05-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Sucks tbh since Dirk is still an elite offensive player and Carlisle is easily the 2nd beach coach in the league. An elite rim protector at C would obviously solve a lot of things but I don't see one being realistically available. Ariza would be a good fit though they will have to vastly overpay to get him.....

bid daddy Tyson? Hibbert?

monosylab1k
05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
difference is, I've never sent a PM to Philo, Splits or whoever is supposedly in this crew. curious how many PMs were exchanged amongst you guys tbh.

lol typical Vanilla Company rhetoric tbh

Mugen
05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Tyson would be nice though he's getting up there in age and I imagine Phil would want to keep him. Hibbert is a terrible player, and would be even more terrible next to Dirk tbh...

Harry Callahan
05-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Dallas does not have a first round pick this year. Repayment for the Lamar Odom deal. Not that they can draft anyway......

They have to go the trade/FA route.

Robz4000
05-04-2014, 09:58 PM

Mavs need to go hard for Asik tbh. Trade whatever they can outside Dirk/Ellis for him. IMO Houston might be interested in their first rounder enough to bite, and considering the Mavs' poor drafting history it prolly wouldn't be missed.

Findog
05-04-2014, 10:01 PM

I think we have Dirk, Ellis, Calderon and Dalembert under contract next year. Not sure what they will do.

LkrFan
05-04-2014, 10:03 PM
At least one of Tyson Chandler and Taj Gibson should be on the move this off-season. The Mavs just need to acquire one of them. They're in a similar position as the Spurs are with Duncan; it's just that the Spurs have three extremely talented defenders to help Duncan out (and Duncan can protect the rim at an elite level if he can play in a phonebooth). Cuban needs to focus on acquiring defenders to put around Ellis and Dirk.

Ideal off-season for Dallas: re-sign Dirk for cheapish, trade for Gibson, sign Deng, sign the best room-exception player they can and draft the best scorer at 34. They could also try to trade for Tony Allen and sign Ed Davis and take a risk on Granger on a near-MLE deal.
ChinNutz with the goods. :tu

Chinook
05-04-2014, 10:11 PM
bid daddy Tyson? Hibbert?

Tyson would be nice though he's getting up there in age and I imagine Phil would want to keep him. Hibbert is a terrible player, and would be even more terrible next to Dirk tbh...

Agree about Hibbert. He's pretty much Duncan defensively without the excuse of being old. Roy needs to be next to a mobile scoring big like Griffin to be effective. There really aren't many good potential front-court mates for Hibbert, as the PF position is dying hardcore in today's league.

I think Chandler has a good chance to being dealt for a couple of reasons. One is that Jackson needs assets, and besides a potential S&T with Melo, he has little leeway to acquire young talent without giving up similar talent. Chandler is a good player, but he isn't going to help that team win any time soon, and with Amare actually starting to look decent again, the Knicks may have to phase Tyson out to make their investment in Stoudimire not look so horrible. Finally, if the Knicks end up S&Ting Anthony, they will most likely receive a center in return for him (Gibson from the Bulls, Asik from the Rockets and Jordan from the Clippers), making Chandler expendable.

Ideally, Phil would figure out if Anthony wanted to stay or not BEFORE June 30. If Melo wanted to leave, then Jackson could convince Melo to opt in so they could trade him. For the Knicks, the benefit is obvious; they'd get something for him. For the other teams, it doesn't make much difference as only the Lakers and maybe Dallas could afford to sign Melo straight up. They'd need to trade players away to get the cap space, so they may as well do it with New York. For Anthony, it makes a huge difference. His Bird Rights would go along with him if he gets traded then extended by his new team the next January. This means he'd get exactly what he'd get in New York, but on the team of his choosing.

Something like Gibson and one of Chicago's firsts for Melo would probably work for both sides, though it would have to be agreed to on draft night but officialized after the moratorium.

Chinook
05-04-2014, 10:13 PM
I think we have Dirk, Ellis, Calderon and Dalembert under contract next year. Not sure what they will do.

Dalembert is an interesting piece, since his contract would allow Dallas to take back $5.9 Million while only costing the other team $1.8 Million if they release him. If they can find an MLE player to trade for, that contract could come in handy.

RsxPiimp
05-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Taj ain't going nowhere

AlexJones
05-05-2014, 12:03 AM
Trade him for Anthony Randolph.

TDMVPDPOY
05-05-2014, 12:11 AM
wasnt he meant to be on a max contract but took something less to sacrifice after their last championship to keep the roster but everyone bolted, now his stuck on some undervalued contract?

Chinook
05-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Taj ain't going nowhere

They can't afford a max contract unless that trade one of him or Noah.

TDMVPDPOY
05-05-2014, 12:14 AM
dirk should know better then to give up the keys to some scrub

should learn from duncan....

RsxPiimp
05-05-2014, 12:17 AM
They can't afford a max contract unless that trade one of him or Noah.

Thought there were talks of amnestying Boozer?

Chinook
05-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Thought there were talks of amnestying Boozer?

The Bulls are about $1.8 Million over the projected cap for next year. Amnestying Boozer would save them $16.8 Million, leaving them $15 Million under the cap. Then they have to deal with two cap holds for their draft picks, totaling $2.6 Million. Anthony's max is about $20.3 Million. Thus, they don't have the money unless they shed at least $7.9 Million. Gibson's $8 Million salary fits right into that. They could either trade him to Knicks in an S&T for Melo (which would also help the Bulls for complicated CBA reasons), or try to trade him to a third team like Dallas and take back no salary while still accumulating some assets, which would obviously be preferable but not nearly as easy to do.

Franklin
05-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Let him walk just as they did TC back in 2011. They don't need the Aryan hero anymore, dude deserves to win another 1 or two rings before retiring and only by joining a contender (like the Spurs) could he achieve this.

scanry
05-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Dirk has all but said in local interviews that he isn't leaving Dallas, and will retire before he plays elsewhere. Winning in 2011 was all he needed, at this point he also basically said he's playing for personal stats, namely climbing as high up the scoring list as he can. He wants to win but I don't think a title is a priority to him anymore, he basically wants to win and get into the playoffs so that he can enjoy the game and the grind, since losing all the time sucks and isn't any fun.

That's a no brainer tbh. Should've rang twice (if not for 3whistles), but the Diggler went God mode in 2011 to silence all his critics. Dirk will have a statue outside AA when it's all said and done and i'm pretty sure Cuban will sell the team after Dirk retires. Has way too much history with him and i don't think he'll enjoy owning a basketball franchise after Dirk retires tbh. It's too emotionally draining for an owner to start fresh. That's why Pop's will also hang em up with Timmy.

FkLA
05-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Dirk is still an elite offensive player, really? He can still score but calling him elite is a huge stretch tbh. :lol

Jodelo
05-05-2014, 04:01 PM
The thing is, I think Marion is starting to really show his age. He plays hard, but it's clear he's not what he used to be defensively. That's something I think they'll have to address.

This. He's really regresed this year and is not even the best defender on the team anymore (Crowder is). So, he can come back but for a cheap deal and off the bench.

Dirk is staying, it's an open secret. So, you go for a good big that can help him and with Dalembert as a backup you could look pretty good there.

Jodelo
05-05-2014, 04:15 PM
"We want to get better as a team," said Nowitzki, who averaged 21.7 points this season, his highest since the Mavs' 2010-11 title campaign. "I'm pretty sure I'm not going to sign Kobe's deal."

baseline bum
05-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Anyone think they'll make a play for Melo? Keep Dalembert since he has a relatively cheap team option for a bigman, renounce Carter and Marion, and if Dirk takes a salary in the range of $12 million or so starting they'd have about $20 million in capspace to throw at Anthony. Then see what you can get for the expirings of Wright, Dalembert, and Ellington.

Mugen
05-05-2014, 05:13 PM
FatMelo and his fat wife would never go to Dallas tbh.

Infinite_limit
05-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Anyone think they'll make a play for Melo? Keep Dalembert since he has a relatively cheap team option for a bigman, renounce Carter and Marion, and if Dirk takes a salary in the range of $12 million or so starting they'd have about $20 million in capspace to throw at Anthony. Then see what you can get for the expirings of Wright, Dalembert, and Ellington.
Dirk + Mello sounds awful

baseline bum
05-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Dirk + Mello sounds awful

Yeah, but probably still better than Dirk and Taj Gibson. Not sure where that idea is coming from since he's way too small to play center and you can't play Dirk at center.

Gummi Clutch
05-05-2014, 05:35 PM
They could tell him to perform harikiri for how useless and bitchy he has been .

http://www.pigasus-gallery.de/Posters/Swierzy/Harakiri.jpg

Infinite_limit
05-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah, but probably still better than Dirk and Taj Gibson. Not sure where that idea is coming from since he's way too small to play center and you can't play Dirk at center.
He's solid in the open court but that strategy won't get you into the Finals and not even the Conference Finals in the West because the Thunder, Clippers and even Warriors will be better at it

spurraider21
05-05-2014, 06:32 PM
They could tell him to perform harikiri for how useless and bitchy he has been .

http://www.pigasus-gallery.de/Posters/Swierzy/Harakiri.jpg
you could try to not use the same unfunny joke in multiple threads

DMC
05-05-2014, 07:14 PM
When an owner blows up a championship team, I cannot imagine him spending money to build another one. They don't come by that often.

Biernutz
05-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Why can't Dallas attract a big name free agent? Cuban is supposed to be a players owner. He blew up his
championship team to chase free agents and got ? Is Ellis is the best he could do. You have something
that a free agent wants to get them to leave money on the table ....Howard is the acceptation to that. What
makes Dallas so repulsive to the big name free agents.

Infinite_limit
05-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Why can't Dallas attract a big name free agent? Cuban is supposed to be a players owner. He blew up his
championship team to chase free agents and got ? Is Ellis is the best he could do. You have something
that a free agent wants to get them to leave money on the table ....Howard is the acceptation to that. What
makes Dallas so repulsive to the big name free agents.
Marquee black free agents have an issue being Dirk's sidekick

Chomag
05-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Do you Dallas Guys want Ayers? Best complimentary player for Dirk that you would ever find!

Gummi Clutch
05-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Its called being consistent, and I said it one other time. If someone posts two coinciding topics on it, I'm not going to change my stance. You wouldn't know anything about that though, so go follow the circle jerk crew around since you don't have much else to do.

Chinook
05-05-2014, 11:20 PM

Dirk's gonna have to man up and play the five, since he can't play the four on defense anymore. It might not be ideal, but the Mavs need mobility more than big bodies. Gibson is a solid two-way player on a very good contract. He'd help their defense immensely. I think Anthony would thrive in Dallas with Carlisle coaching him and Dirk and Monta next to him. But the defense would be awful with only one spot available in the SL for a defender. To me, it makes more sense to pick up defenders first and go after scorers afterwards.

They could trade for Gibson and sign Ariza/Deng for about $16 Million next year. That would allow them to give Dirk a Duncan-like deal and still have both the room exception and a MLE-sized chuck of cap space, not to mention that they'd have their expirings left over for trades afterwards. To me, that's a much better (and more realistic) plan of action than gambling on the superstar sweepstakes for another off-season.

Malik Hairston
05-05-2014, 11:30 PM

:lol..

Gummi Clutch
05-05-2014, 11:34 PM
:lolObsessed with me because I called him a canadian beaver fucking faggot. Its so easy to get in this guy's head, the moment I called him out on his shitty 3rd world country lifestyle he has been on a mission. Keep it coming bud, I welcome anything that alleviates your shitty existence.

King Emmanuel
05-06-2014, 12:52 AM
:lolObsessed with me because I called him a canadian beaver fucking faggot. Its so easy to get in this guy's head, the moment I called him out on his shitty 3rd world country lifestyle he has been on a mission. Keep it coming bud, I welcome anything that alleviates your shitty existence.

let it out

King Emmanuel
05-06-2014, 12:58 AM
Rick Carlisle: "It's never good when it ends. And as Mark [Cuban] always says, you know, ultimately we're one of 29 teams tied for last."

lol stealing thread's shtick

Infinite_limit
05-06-2014, 12:59 AM
I'm willing to bet Dirk rather retire as 'Mr.Mavericks' than win 1 or even 2 rings as a sidekick

TampaDude
05-06-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm willing to bet Dirk rather retire as 'Mr.Mavericks' than win 1 or even 2 rings as a sidekick

^ this, tbh