PDA

View Full Version : Blues n' the Yard Sale

Avante
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Decided to try it again since the last one was such a huge success, made some serious $$$$ and got rid of about a 4th of my stuff, so that left 3/4ths. Now down to about a half.

Last time I didn't play any music this time I brought out my cassette recorder and played some old blues tapes, stuff like Peanut the Kidnapper, Louisiana Johnny & Kid Beecher, Papa Egg Shell, Pigmeat Terry, Bobbie Cadillac, The Nugrape Twins etc etc, some really obscure stuff.

While the Mexicans didn't get it I heard ..."what's that you're listerning to"....a few times from the white customers. I'd....

Avante...that's the music that influensed Elvis and The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and others.

Which would get a....

Get all that off the internet?

Avante....some of it but most came off CD's.

So after the sale is all put away, a few hours later....

doorbell chimes, I answer the door.....yes?

Tall black guy in shades....a buddy of mine told me you had some old blues tapes for sale?
Avante...wll no not really but I guess I could. So you're into that old stuff?
Tall black guy in shades...love it! Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Jimmy Reed, great.
Avante....while I have all that what I was playing was the guys who influensed them? Those you mentioned recorded after 40, the ones I was playing were from the 20's and 30's.

Peanut the Kidnapper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ZfOFZB89w

I ended up selling 50 tapes for 50 bucks:hat

ChumpDumper
05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
You're making all this up, except for your being a racist.

lol paying off your bookie

Now whine about this post.

Avante
05-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Is this little shit for real? Not one original thought ever? Does nothing but follow people around complaning, wow what a sick little fuck this is.

Almost 85 thou posts of wimper wimper, wahwahwah......whoa!!!!!!!!!!!

Has the freak ever posted a thread all by himself?

ChumpDumper
05-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Thanks for doing what I told you to do.

Good boy.

Now reply indirectly again.

Or start a thread.

Your choice.

Avante
05-04-2014, 09:31 PM
As the little shit follows me everywhere I go, hahahahaha!!!!!!!! The dummy too stupid to realize he is in...MY...thread. What a fucking faggot!

Now watch how easy this is.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Sorry, you're already doing exactly what I told you to do. What more do I need to do to prove i own you?

Not much tbh.

Sorry you're so hard up for cash that Mexicans have to bail you out for pennies on the dollar.

I will allow to to address me in the third person but not the second.

Avante
05-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is simply toooooooo fucking easy. Has anyone ever seen a thread of mine that didn't have this little freak in it? I haven't read the freak in six months.

Once again....has the faggot ever posted a thread here?

I gurantee..GUARANTEE...he;ll be back.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Who are you talking to about me?

Avante
05-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Poor little queer.

Avante
05-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Getting back to the sale, sold a ton of old wrestling magazines, the Mexicans think it's real.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2014, 09:42 PM
No, they don't.

You think you can outrun NFL running backs and win money betting on games.

That's a rich fantasy life.

Clipper Nation
05-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Decided to try it again since the last one was such a huge success, made some serious $$$$ and got rid of about a 4th of my stuff, so that left 3/4ths. Now down to about a half.

Last time I didn't play any music this time I brought out my cassette recorder and played some old blues tapes, stuff like Peanut the Kidnapper, Louisiana Johnny & Kid Beecher, Papa Egg Shell, Pigmeat Terry, Bobbie Cadillac, The Nugrape Twins etc etc, some really obscure stuff.

While the Mexicans didn't get it I heard ..."what's that you're listerning to"....a few times from the white customers. I'd....

Avante...that's the music that influensed Elvis and The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix and others.

Which would get a....

Get all that off the internet?

Avante....some of it but most came off CD's.

So after the sale is all put away, a few hours later....

doorbell chimes, I answer the door.....yes?

Tall black guy in shades....a buddy of mine told me you had some old blues tapes for sale?
Avante...wll no not really but I guess I could. So you're into that old stuff?
Tall black guy in shades...love it! Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Jimmy Reed, great.
Avante....while I have all that what I was playing was the guys who influensed them? Those you mentioned recorded after 40, the ones I was playing were from the 20's and early 30's.

Peanut the Kidnapper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ZfOFZB89w

I ended up selling 50 tapes for 50 bucks:hat

Shut up faggot, didn't read

Avante
05-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Shut up faggot, didn't read

translation

So just who were all those old blind blues cats Avante?

Good one spanky.

Blind Willie Walker...recorded but one record, and he was amazing.
Blind Boy Fuller
Sonny Terry
Blind Willie Johnson...gospel singer, incredible slide player
Blind Gary Davis
Blind Willie McTell
Sleepy John Estes
Snooks Eaglin
Blind Norris
Blind Mamie Forehand
Blind Joe Taggart
Blind Roosevelt Graves
Blind Blake
Blind Willie Reynolds

While he isn't considered a bluesman, Ray Charles did record some blues early on in his career.

Blind Lemon Jefferson a Texan was the first male "star" of the blues, first recorded in 1926.

Katherine Robinson
05-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Nice song, Avante. Congrats on the sale.

marini martini
05-05-2014, 12:03 AM
There sure we're a lot of blind blues singers way back then!

Avante
05-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Nice song, Avante. Congrats on the sale.

Thank you Katherine, it was actually fun.

Avante
05-05-2014, 12:33 AM
There sure we're a lot of blind blues singers way back then!

There is a theory that being blind they had more time to get into music because they couldn't work the fields.

Blind Willie Johnson wasn't born blind, his mother in law threw acid at his dad and missed hiting Willie in the face.

Sleepy John Estes went blind, he wasn't born blind.

cantthinkofanything
05-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Was lots of them blind because they masterbated?

marini martini
05-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Mostly..

Avante
05-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Was lots of them blind because they masterbated?

Well actually there are at least a 1000 old blues cats who recorded, only a few were blind.

xmas1997
05-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Sorry, you're already doing exactly what I told you to do. What more do I need to do to prove i own you?

Not much tbh.

Sorry you're so hard up for cash that Mexicans have to bail you out for pennies on the dollar.

I will allow to to address me in the third person but not the second.

Pretty pathetic that you feel you the need to own people.
Even more so that you delude yourself into thinking that you really do own them when you don't.
Must be quite a boring life you have to spend so much of life on sites like this doing nothing of significance, kind of like Blake.

Avante
05-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Pretty pathetic that you feel you the need to own people.
Even more so that you delude yourself into thinking that you really do own them when you don't.
Must be quite a boring life you have to spend so much of life on sites like this doing nothing of significance, kind of like Blake.

What's really pathetic is the guy is too stupid to realize the minute he enters my threads he's the one owned. He's the one who follows evreryone around while doing...0...himself. yep another Blake/ClipperNation. Notice they all do....0...themselves?

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Well actually there are at least a 1000 old blues cats who recorded, only a few were blind.

Maybe the rest didn't masturbate as much as the ones that went blind. You've already mentioned 10-20 that were blind. That seems to point to a higher % of blindness than the normal population. I'm trying to determine if it's because they masturbated too much. Or maybe it's from higher % of diabetes or poking eyes out or something.

Avante
05-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Maybe the rest didn't masturbate as much as the ones that went blind. You've already mentioned 10-20 that were blind. That seems to point to a higher % of blindness than the normal population. I'm trying to determine if it's because they masturbated too much. Or maybe it's from higher % of diabetes or poking eyes out or something.

What's strange is that...

Blind Willie Walker
Blind Boy Fuller
Blind Blake
Blind Gary Davis
Sonny Terry

....were all out of the "Piedmont" school of blues we have to ask ourselves ....why? We had no old blind blues cats out of Mississippi? So what gives?

I know if anyone can figure this out you can.

mrsmaalox
05-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Nothing validates ones interest in blues music more than having a tall black guy in shades show up at your yard sale. Unless of course he was also holding a saxophone.

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 11:41 AM
What's strange is that...

Blind Willie Walker
Blind Boy Fuller
Blind Blake
Blind Gary Davis
Sonny Terry

....were all out of the "Piedmont" school of blues we have to ask ourselves ....why? We had no old blind blues cats out of Mississippi? So what gives?

I know if anyone can figure this out you can.

Is is because it's too hot and humid to masturbate in Mississippi?

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Nothing validates ones interest in blues music more than having a tall black guy in shades show up at your yard sale. Unless of course he was also holding a saxophone.

I was going to post a pic of Manute Bol wearing sunglasses but could not find any.

Avante
05-12-2014, 11:44 AM

He didn't show up at the sale he showed up at my door later. The thing is he shared the love for the music, the music roots to country and rock and roll. It's all about influenses, if you do some research you'll see what I'm talking about.

Avante
05-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Is is because it's too hot and humid to masturbate in Mississippi?

I'm going to let you in on something you obviously don't know. All men masturbate, really they do...ok? Yep, even in Mississippi.

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm going to let you in on something you obviously don't know. All men masturbate, really they do...ok? Yep, even in Mississippi.

of course. but there must be some level of masturbation that leads to blindness. Obviously most men don't do it often enough to go blind. But what caused the disproportionate % of bluesmen to masturbate so much that they went blind?

Avante
05-12-2014, 12:08 PM
of course. but there must be some level of masturbation that leads to blindness. Obviously most men don't do it often enough to go blind. But what caused the disproportionate % of bluesmen to masturbate so much that they went blind?

I'll go slow...

Blind Willie Johnson was blinded by a mother in law you threw acid at his father and missed.

All of the others besides Sleepy John Estes were born blind. Where did you get this stupid idea they went blind?

Dude, why you so fucking dumb?

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 12:34 PM
I'll go slow...

Blind Willie Johnson was blinded by a mother in law you threw acid at his father and missed.

All of the others besides Sleepy John Estes were born blind. Where did you get this stupid idea they went blind?

Dude, why you so fucking dumb?

I'm not dumb. I'm just trying to understand why so many were blind. Do you know? Is it due to VD that the mom's had or bad prenatal nutrition? or possibly they traded their sight to the devil in exchange for being able to play.

Avante
05-12-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm not dumb. I'm just trying to understand why so many were blind. Do you know? Is it due to VD that the mom's had or bad prenatal nutrition? or possibly they traded their sight to the devil in exchange for being able to play.

Tommy Johnson, Peetie Wheatstraw and Robert Johnson were the only ones to tell that crossroads story, none of them were blind.

I noticed you totally ignored your stupidity about masturbation causing blindness, hahahahaha! Dude, there are more blind southern blacks today than back then and few pick and grin.

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Tommy Johnson, Peetie Wheatstraw and Robert Johnson were the only ones to tell that crossroads story, none of them were blind.

I noticed you totally ignored your stupidity about masturbation causing blindness, hahahahaha! Dude, there are more blind southern blacks today than back then and few pick and grin.

That's probably due to longer lifespans now than back then. This gives them more time to reach the masturbation threshold and become blind.

Avante
05-12-2014, 01:02 PM
That's probably due to longer lifespans now than back then. This gives them more time to reach the masturbation threshold and become blind.

Dude, if acting stupid is your goal you are a smashing success. How many people...go...blind before 40?

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Dude, if acting stupid is your goal you are a smashing success. How many people...go...blind before 40?

It's unknowable.

Avante
05-12-2014, 01:14 PM
It's unknowable.

Let's go back to you thinking these guys...went...blind because of masturbating, hahahahaha!!!!!!! Dude, you cannot be this fucking dumb.

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Let's go back to you thinking these guys...went...blind because of masturbating, hahahahaha!!!!!!! Dude, you cannot be this fucking dumb.

hahaha...let's go back to you pooping your panties and talk about that some more

Avante
05-12-2014, 02:43 PM
hahaha...let's go back to you pooping your panties and talk about that some more

Not going to work little fella. So you really thought those guys ....went...blind, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, if they paid for stupid you'd be a very rich boy.

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Not going to work little fella. So you really thought those guys ....went...blind, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, if they paid for stupid you'd be a very rich boy.

so I didn't insult you, talk about your mom, AND I read your OP and asked pertinent questions. And you have to respond like a butthole. So...you want to have an intellectual discussion about the blues or is it always going to be..hey...let's talk about how dumb masturbating is...hey barble querk squat

Avante
05-12-2014, 03:16 PM
so I didn't insult you, talk about your mom, AND I read your OP and asked pertinent questions. And you have to respond like a butthole. So...you want to have an intellectual discussion about the blues or is it always going to be..hey...let's talk about how dumb masturbating is...hey barble querk squat

Little man what does masturbating have to do with anything? You still in awe of it?

You wanna really talk them old blues let's talk about why so many of those guys recorded so little. Tons of them with one or two records who had as much talent as the ones who did record more.

Talk to me about them pale face blues and cats like Frank Hutchison, Clarence Ashley, Dock Boggs, Dick Justice.

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Little man what does masturbating have to do with anything? You still in awe of it?

Well..it is awesome...so...

You wanna really talk them old blues let's talk about why so many of those guys recorded so little. Tons of them with one or two records who had as much talent as the ones who did record more.

Talk to me about them pale face blues and cats like Frank Hutchison, Clarence Ashley, Dock Boggs, Dick Justice.

what does a pedophile receive in general population? ^^^^^^^

Avante
05-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Well..it is awesome...so...

what does a pedophile receive in general population? ^^^^^^^

When did Dick Justice become a pedophille? Dude, you really are a total dumb fuck aren't ya? So anyone named Dick Justice just has to be a pedophille, what a freak you are, wow!

cantthinkofanything
05-12-2014, 04:02 PM
When did Dick Justice become a pedophille? Dude, you really are a total dumb fuck aren't ya? So anyone named Dick Justice just has to be a pedophille, what a freak you are, wow!

no...dick justice is the punishment for pedophiles...

Judge: "I sentence you to receive justice. Dick justice."

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Any kids you're passing on your memorabilia and music to, Avante?

Avante
05-12-2014, 05:28 PM
no...dick justice is the punishment for pedophiles...

Judge: "I sentence you to receive justice. Dick justice."

Poor little kid.

Avante
05-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Any kids you're passing on your memorabilia and music to, Avante?

My daughter Leslie is into the blues, she knows the music, she wants my recording library. My son Mason gets the 10,000 book (Leslie does get to pick some books she wants) library and the 20,000 football cards. Everyone is happy.

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 06:25 PM
My daughter Leslie is into the blues, she knows the music, she wants my recording library. My son Mason gets the 10,000 book (Leslie does get to pick some books she wants) library and the 20,000 football cards. Everyone is happy.

That's a priceless collection, I hope they build on it .

Avante
05-12-2014, 06:38 PM
That's a priceless collection, I hope they build on it .

Yes it is because it took my whole life to put it together. Leslie is already adding to it with her music collection. Mason not so much, he's like most kids he'd rather do this and play video games than read. Hopefully that will change with maturity.

Leslie turned me on to this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6egYg_Sf4

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Yes it is because it took my whole life to put it together. Leslie is already adding to it with her music collection. Mason not so much, he's like most kids he'd rather do this and play video games than read. Hopefully that will change with maturity.

Leslie turned me on to this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6egYg_Sf4

Nice find there, I'm sure your daughter will be keeping that collection in the family. I'm sure your boy will get his priorities in order, video games is just a past time and he'll find something more rewarding eventually.

Avante
05-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Nice find there, I'm sure your daughter will be keeping that collection in the family. I'm sure your boy will get his priorities in order, video games is just a past time and he'll find something more rewarding eventually.

I know, Leslie has a great feel for the sounds.

Mason will snap out of it just takes some time.