PDA

View Full Version : Austin Rivers says it best..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Austin Rivers ✔ austinRivers25 (https://twitter.com/AustinRivers25)
Follow (https://twitter.com/AustinRivers25)
It's funny how when people talk about the best point, they leave out Tony P, but then after the playoffs they put him back in, TP is real!!

Kawhi
05-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Austin Rivers is a retard

RD2191
05-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Truff bomb. TP is the best PG in the game.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Hoppin' on the bandwagon

Embedded
05-05-2014, 12:22 PM
I think Tony Parker is the best SYSTEM point guard in the NBA. I remember that 2-man game with Matt Bonner that took 3 attempts at setting it up, and then Matt Bonner drained the 3.

Biernutz
05-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Tony doesn't play in New York or LA media bubble.........

AFBlue
05-05-2014, 01:03 PM
He'd be on top of the heap if he didn't run his body down with endless competition over the last 2+ years. Pop would still manage his minutes, but I guarantee he wouldn't be as restrictive. It's a shame tbqh.

hater
05-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Truth nuke from Rivers imo. Parker dissects teams in the playoffs like a master surgeon. This team goes nowhere without Mvparker

testies
05-05-2014, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't trade TP for any other point guard in playoffs tbh

superjames1992
05-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Parker is certainly in the top 3, arguably #1, tbqh. Paul often underwhelms and I'm not on the Lilliard bandwagon just yet. Then there's Westbrick, Rondo, etc., but meh.

letmk
05-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Parker is certainly in the top 3, arguably #1, tbqh. Paul often underwhelms and I'm not on the Lilliard bandwagon just yet. Then there's Westbrick, Rondo, etc., but meh.

Last year, Tony was arguably #1 PG, at least top 3. This year, no. So far in the playoffs, Lillard, CP3 and Curry are all better than Tony. Also, as much as people like to bash Westbrook, he is up there as a tp PG. Even Teague, Lowry and Conley can make their cases for being better than Tony.

The good thing is that Spurs are still in the hunt and Tony gets a chance to battle with Lillard and potentially CP3 or Westbrook in the next round. So he has plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

ontheraise
05-05-2014, 05:18 PM
crazy to see that after 12 years and all they achieved players like tony or Manu still need to prove themself every single game to earn some respect, lilliard westbrook, rondo, cp3, conley.... as good as they are didnt achieve the tenth of what tony or manu did

DMC
05-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Tony is in the tier of thinking point guards. You have Russell Westbrook in the tier of bulldog "mine first" point guards, very athletic, dangerous to both teams, dynamic scorer... but dumb as a fucking rock. Then you have the one Tony is in with people like Kidd (last year), Nash, maybe Chris Paul and I don't know about Lillard, jury is still out on him. That tier can take you to the championship if you have other talent, and Russell's tier can make you think you don't need other talent but he'll take a big shit on you when it matters most. I'd put James Harden in that same tier as Westbrook, but he's a bit smarter just lazy as fuck and has no aspirations.

Anyone who does that monkey pose after every score doesn't belong in the top tier at any position. Jordan never did it. I've never seen Kobe do that, at least not to that level. Instead that's something you see people like DeAndre Jordan or Westbrook or Nick Young do, like they've never been there before. Westbrook never got out of the HS/College mindset.

AFBlue
05-05-2014, 05:51 PM
crazy to see that after 12 years and all they achieved players like tony or Manu still need to prove themself every single game to earn some respect, lilliard westbrook, rondo, cp3, conley.... as good as they are didnt achieve the tenth of what tony or manu did

Technically Rondo has achieved 1/3 of what Tony has if you're talking rings. But these rankings are bullshit anyways...based on individual talent level and stats irrespective of accomplishment by his team. Talking points for talking heads and nothing more tbqh.

hater
05-05-2014, 06:05 PM
This year, no. So far in the playoffs, Lillard, CP3 and Curry are all better than Tony. Also, as much as people like to bash Westbrook, he is up there as a tp PG. Even Teague, Lowry and Conley can make their cases for being better than Tony.

The good thing is that Spurs are still in the hunt and Tony gets a chance to battle with Lillard and potentially CP3 or Westbrook in the next round. So he has plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

Kyle Lowry. excellent logic tard. using the same logic this can be said about Manu:

This year, no. So far in the playoffs, Wade, Johnson, Beal, Jamal Crawford, and Thompson are all better than Manu. Also, as much as people like to bash DeRozan, he is up there as a top SG. Even Mathews, Stephenson and Lin can make their cases for being better than Manu.

The good thing is that he has plenty of opportunities to prove himself.

:lmao :lmao

letmk
05-05-2014, 06:53 PM

I don't know about others, but My using of "prove himself" dost not mean Tony needs to prove him having a better career. What I'm saying is that proving himself to be a better PG as of this year. Don't be so defensive.

letmk
05-05-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't know about others, but My using of "prove himself" dost not mean Tony needs to prove him having a better career. What I'm saying is that proving himself to be a better PG as of this year. Don't be so defensive.

Like I'm as big a TD fan as the next one because I think he is borderline all-time top 5 player (definitely better than Shaq and KB in my book). But I would say after the first round against the Mavs, he still needs to prove himself to be as good as LA and Griffin (if the Spurs meet the Clippers in next round). And I don't see anything wrong saying that.