PDA

View Full Version : Coach Nick (Briefly) Breaks Down Spurs' Offense VS Portland.

BillMc
05-05-2014, 10:55 AM
From the final regular season game between these teams, Coach Nick shows us a few examples of how our offense operates against the Blazers. Might be relevant to current discussions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piI-Ey_E77E

Malice
05-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Was this the game Aldridge went out with an injury early?

BillMc
05-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Was this the game Aldridge went out with an injury early?

Yep, to a bruised back. Early in the second half, I think.

wildchild
05-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Nice! That game was the best Spurs game against the Blazers in the season. Great first half (then LA was injured in the 3rd quarter).

About the 2nd play of the video, I've said before that the Spurs need Diaw 3's in this series, if he can force Aldridge to defend him at the 3's line that could be great for the Spurs, a lot of space in the paint.

Chinook
05-05-2014, 11:34 AM
My favorite Spurs/Blazers game this season was the one on the RRT where Parker, Duncan and Leonard sat, and Danny Green guarded all five of Portland's starters a various times down the stretch. That game probably looked like the surest loss on paper, but Mills and Beli scored 49 combined points to give the Spurs the two-point win. The Spurs need one of Mills or Beli to step up in a similar way, hopefull Beli, since he was much more efficient.

chazley
05-05-2014, 01:34 PM
I REALLY hope Lillard continues to guard Tony, although I think that isn't gonna happen very often this series.

Malice
05-05-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm afraid if we're counting on beli at all these playoffs, its going to be a disappointment.