PDA

View Full Version : I can see Spurs losing game one

spursfan1000
05-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Blazers have amazing momentum and also played one less game and got more rest. I can see Aldridge going off until Spurs find a way to slow him down in the upcoming games. That being said I see Spurs winning in 6. I was spot on last game saying spurs would come out and dominate and Parker would play MJ ish. So Spurs fans if we lose game one the playoffs isnt over, we arent all going to die, there will still be life!

Go Spurs Go, cheers to a great series !:toast:flag::flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

gameFACE
05-05-2014, 01:13 PM
I see it in reverse. Everyone is assuming that a rested Blazers will take advantage of tired Spurs legs. But the Spurs have momentum from Game 7. It's possible it could catch up to them for Game 2 but I think the Spurs will take both home games, tbh.

DesignatedT
05-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah. I think the days off could end up doing more harm then good for Portland. If the Spurs come out with the same intensity as game 7 they should be alright.

moisaenz
05-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Spurs can not rest more than two days especially how they played game 7 , Spurs need their role players to step up and losing rhythm won't help them ,and the big 3 have gotten enough rest the regular season

Skull-1
05-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Our trend is to lose Game 1. No idea why.

Hoping Dallas was a wakeup call....

Pako
05-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Blazers s/d have tired legs than we do since their starters play longs minutes than spurs.

tmtcsc
05-05-2014, 03:56 PM
I believe every series is different. What happened between Portland and Houston has no bearing now. Same with the Spurs and Dallas. It all starts anew.

I understand that Carlisle already spoke with Stotts about the Spurs. Good luck with that.

Stotts: Got any pointers for me Rick?

Carlisle: Don't beat them for a couple of years and get them to underestimate you.

Stotts: Not sure that's possible.

Carlisle: That's all I got. Gotta go.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Blazers have amazing momentum and also played one less game and got more rest. I can see Aldridge going off until Spurs find a way to slow him down in the upcoming games. That being said I see Spurs winning in 6. I was spot on last game saying spurs would come out and dominate and Parker would play MJ ish. So Spurs fans if we lose game one the playoffs isnt over, we arent all going to die, there will still be life!

Go Spurs Go, cheers to a great series !:toast:flag::flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

I see it in reverse. Everyone is assuming that a rested Blazers will take advantage of tired Spurs legs. But the Spurs have momentum from Game 7. It's possible it could catch up to them for Game 2 but I think the Spurs will take both home games, tbh.

And funny thing is the outcome of game 1 won't confirm either theory :lol It's all just speculation.

Brazil
05-05-2014, 04:53 PM
I love dat kind of thread

way to make a prediction without making one

rascal
05-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah. I think the days off could end up doing more harm then good for Portland. If the Spurs come out with the same intensity as game 7 they should be alright.

They won't. The Spurs will come out relaxed after getting the must win against Dallas and not play with any urgency. Portland has a great chance to steal game 1.

CitizenDwayne
05-05-2014, 04:55 PM
I believe every series is different. What happened between Portland and Houston has no bearing now. Same with the Spurs and Dallas. It all starts anew.

I understand that Carlisle already spoke with Stotts about the Spurs. Good luck with that.

Stotts: Got any pointers for me Rick?

Carlisle: Don't beat them for a couple of years and get them to underestimate you.

Stotts: Not sure that's possible.

Carlisle: That's all I got. Gotta go.

Jesus, give Carlisle some credit. Considering the roster he was working with, he did about as well as he could have; it wasn't just the Spurs' playing down to the competition

DesignatedT
05-05-2014, 04:57 PM
They won't. The Spurs will come out relaxed after getting the must win against Dallas and not play with any urgency.

I disagree.

Jimcs50
05-05-2014, 06:31 PM
People forget that Spurs played more back to backs than any playoff team this year and they had great record in back end of the two game set. Spurs will not be tired in game 1. They will win it.

Capster
05-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Seriously....alright??? They were great Sunday in game 7!!!

T Park
05-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Lot of days between games 1,2,3. The travel was nil, a 45 min flight. So they'll be a tad more rested than normal. This series however travel wise will be murder

DesignatedT
05-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Lot of days between games 1,2,3. The travel was nil, a 45 min flight. So they'll be a tad more rested than normal. This series however travel wise will be murder

Makes game 1 and 2 extremely important.

heyheymymy
05-05-2014, 08:43 PM
was kinda hoping for HOU just so we could get more easy travel. POR is a bitch of a flight for TD

KaiRMD1
05-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I can also see that as well. But I can also see the Spurs losing thefirst two quarters and then mounting a comeback and take game 1 which will lead to a lot of "Spurs should have lost game 1" "Spurs got lucky" "SPURS WILL LOSE THIS SERIES" threads as well

spurs10
05-05-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm hoping the OP is slightly dyslexic and meant to write....I can see the Spurs losing one game. :downspin:

spursfan1000
05-05-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm hoping the OP is slightly dyslexic and meant to write....I can see the Spurs losing one game. :downspin:
lmao nah!

spurs10
05-05-2014, 10:01 PM
lmao nah!
I can dream!

gameFACE
05-05-2014, 10:46 PM
And funny thing is the outcome of game 1 won't confirm either theory :lol It's all just speculation.

What, you didn't get the memo? 100% of anything anyone posts on ST is speculation.

mouse
05-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Isn't the OP the same idiot that gave up on the Spurs during the Mavs series?

100%duncan
05-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Too many to distinguish

DMC
05-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Home teams have been relaxing in the 1st quarter, except SA. Unless the Blazers come out hot and bury the Spurs in 3's early on, or if Tim gets in foul trouble in the 1st, I expect the game to be close going into the half and expect the Spurs to pull away in the 3rd.

spursfan1000
05-06-2014, 01:10 AM
huh nope.

spursfan1000
05-06-2014, 01:11 AM
dont ever come at me like that again http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=54329

rascal
05-06-2014, 11:09 AM
The Spurs played too well in game 7 in a must win game to carry that effort over into a new series in a non must win game will be naturally difficult so expect a letdown in effort. Portland is coming in more focused and betting Portland and the line is the smart money.

Capster
05-06-2014, 06:36 PM
The Spurs played too well in game 7 in a must win game to carry that effort over into a new series in a non must win game will be naturally difficult so expect a letdown in effort. Portland is coming in more focused and betting Portland and the line is the smart money.

Played too well??? Not in my opinion. They played the way I am used to seeing the SPURS play!
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-nbateams/release/spurs/sites/spurs/files/content/images-gallery/2013/04/spurs_playoff-fri_splash_900x550.jpg?1364830520

rascal
05-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Played too well??? Not in my opinion. They played the way I am used to seeing the SPURS play!
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-nbateams/release/spurs/sites/spurs/files/content/images-gallery/2013/04/spurs_playoff-fri_splash_900x550.jpg?1364830520

You will be disappointed if you are expecting a similar effort tonight.

Capster
05-06-2014, 06:43 PM

Time will tell, I'm not scared.:downspin:

spursfan1000
05-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Ill be the one to bump my own thread lol, happy doing it tbh

NickiRasgo
05-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Ill be the one to bump my own thread lol, happy doing it tbh

Nice jinx! You should change your thread title to:

"I can see Spurs losing game two"

spursfan1000
05-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Nice jinx! You should change your thread title to:

"I can see Spurs losing game two"
:hat

Juan
05-07-2014, 07:42 PM

They won't. The Spurs will come out relaxed after getting the must win against Dallas and not play with any urgency. Portland has a great chance to steal game 1.

:tu good call.