PDA

View Full Version : HTC One

-21-
05-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Haven't seen a thread about it so...

Is it any good? I'm not really feeling Samsung and I don't want an iPhone either.

UZER
05-05-2014, 05:19 PM
M8 - Got it love it.

DJR210
05-05-2014, 05:30 PM
I have always been an HTC guy, but went with the S4 this time around because of the AMOLED screen. It's a really close match up, you should go to a store and check em both out.

UZER
05-05-2014, 06:04 PM
I did alot of research between s5 and the one. Ended up with this one. Both have pros and cons and researching them you will find heated arguments going both ways. It ultimately comes down to preference. Go to the store and try em both out.

Personally just never really been a fan of touch wiz.

anakha
05-06-2014, 01:46 AM
Sense is so much better than Touchwiz nowadays.

-21-
05-06-2014, 09:53 AM
I did alot of research between s5 and the one. Ended up with this one. Both have pros and cons and researching them you will find heated arguments going both ways. It ultimately comes down to preference. Go to the store and try em both out.

Personally just never really been a fan of touch wiz.
I've seen that the S5 and the M8 have a lot of similarities specs-wise. It's coming down to a few things for me.

I don't like TouchWiz either, while I'm loving what HTC has done with Sense. Also don't like the plastic Samsung uses on its phones use, it feels cheap. The metal build on the One feels and looks great. I actually love the overall design of the build. Heard the speakers were great too and that's really appealing to me. A couple of things I prefer on the S5 are the AMOLED screen, the lock button being on the side of the phone, and the camera... I don't use that too often though.

I'll probably go with the M8, but I'll still check both in the store just to be sure. Thanks!

lefty
05-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Sense is so much better than Touchwiz nowadays.
Disagree

They both have their strengths and weaknesses

Phillip
05-07-2014, 04:42 PM
touchwiz is the worst interface of any android interface, and its not even close.

its ugly, the sounds are stupid, and almost no customization available.

to the OP, get the One. you wont regret it

lefty
05-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Meh I use Nova anyway

TW and Sense are both equally crap

gilmor
05-07-2014, 08:10 PM
HTC One is cool.. better than Samsung S4

lefty
05-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Noes !

My S4 is betterz than your Onz lulz!

UZER
05-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Noes !

My S4 is betterz than your Onz lulz!

And here...we...go

Phillip
05-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Meh I use Nova anyway

TW and Sense are both equally crap

using nova doesnt change the fact that you still have TW or sense framework

and no, they are not equally crap

TW >>>>>>>>>>> Sense in crapfactor

Phillip
05-08-2014, 04:46 PM
lefty's opinions have to be taken with a grain of salt, because for years he was absolutely adamant that iOS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> android in every figment of every human's imagination and always would for all eternity, and the moment he got an android, he flip-flopped.

resistanze
05-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Back in the day Sense 4 was pretty bloated and shitty, but Sense 5+ >>> ShitWiz. SW has some handy things, but the package is just so ugly and there's so much necessary shit.

I still prefer AOSP over these skinned abominations like SW, Sense etc. anyways. They offer no value to me, no matter how hard I try to use em. Throw in the features from custom AOSP ROMs like LiquidSmooth, Carbon, Beanstalk etc. and it's no contest.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I will add to the chorus of those that like the phone.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-08-2014, 05:44 PM
and lefty much like hater should just be ignored.

lefty
05-08-2014, 09:32 PM
using nova doesnt change the fact that you still have TW or sense framework

and no, they are not equally crap

TW >>>>>>>>>>> Sense in crapfactor
No TW clearly shits on Sense TBH

lefty
05-08-2014, 09:35 PM
And AOSP is plain, boring and its camera is shit (don't tell me you don't see a difference Rez)

resistanze
05-08-2014, 11:09 PM
And AOSP is plain, boring and its camera is shit (don't tell me you don't see a difference Rez)

I don't, it's negligible at best. I'm pretty sure Anandtech has already shown little to no difference b/w the camera apps on pic quality (when comparing to S4 and HTC One Google Play editions).

lefty
05-09-2014, 12:05 AM
I don't, it's negligible at best. I'm pretty sure Anandtech has already shown little to no difference b/w the camera apps on pic quality (when comparing to S4 and HTC One Google Play editions).

I thought that GPE cameras where better than stock android cam

Phillip
05-09-2014, 01:11 AM
I thought that GPE cameras where better than stock android cam

??

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

lefty
05-09-2014, 06:45 AM
??

I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Oops mistyped

resistanze
05-09-2014, 06:47 AM
You're also just not gonna get substantial differences in photos any way you cut it. S4's 13MP cam is always gonna take exceptional photos in the day (:wow @ my photos of Valley of Fire) and an average/mediocre nighttime camera. That's not gonna chance whether you have AOSP, GPE, TW, etc.

lefty
05-09-2014, 07:21 AM
You're also just not gonna get substantial differences in photos any way you cut it. S4's 13MP cam is always gonna take exceptional photos in the day (:wow @ my photos of Valley of Fire) and an average/mediocre nighttime camera. That's not gonna chance whether you have AOSP, GPE, TW, etc.
but S4 camera haz more featurz :D

Some of them are useless (to me), but other ones are pretty cool imo

Katherine Robinson
05-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Good phone, needs big hands.

resistanze
05-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I liked the form factor of last year's One compared to this year's version. Too fucking tall, too much unused space (get rid of that fucking HTC logo band).

lefty
05-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Do HTC phones still have that microscopic notification LED hidden behind the ear peace holes ? :lol

And what's up with the power button on top ? :lol

Katherine Robinson
05-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Do HTC phones still have that microscopic notification LED hidden behind the ear peace holes ? :lol

And what's up with the power button on top ? :lol

I like the top power button more than the side, actually. It's a good phone, I almost went for the Samsung Bandage, but it just didn't strike me as a phone I'd enjoy to hold.

lefty
05-09-2014, 11:48 PM
I like the top power button more than the side, actually. It's a good phone, I almost went for the Samsung Bandage, but it just didn't strike me as a phone I'd enjoy to hold.
:lol

HTC makes great phones TBH

My 1st Android phone was the HTC One S
(I was coming from iPhones)

:cry great memories

I just prefer the power button on the right side TBH (I have tiny girly hands)

But that invisible notification LED, WTF :lol

Katherine Robinson
05-09-2014, 11:56 PM

HTC makes great phones TBH

My 1st Android phone was the HTC One S
(I was coming from iPhones)

:cry great memories

I just prefer the power button on the right side TBH (I have tiny girly hands)

But that invisible notification LED, WTF :lol

You mean the LED behind the top speaker? Seems nifty, I switched over from an iPhone 4s so I could get perspective between the OS' and I was jaded by the lack of change in iPhones.

Venti Quattro
05-10-2014, 12:30 AM
:lol HTC

The Batman
05-19-2014, 07:25 AM
Got HTC one, but goddamn I want the M8....That is a sexy phone

lefty
05-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Got HTC one, but goddamn I want the M8....That is a sexy phone

The M7 is still good...

And it looks similar to the M8

Heath Ledger
05-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Note 3 For The Win! Battery life is surprisingly fucking awesome.

lefty
05-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Note 3 For The Win! Battery life is surprisingly fucking awesome.
:lol not trolling this thread, TBH

anakha
05-21-2014, 02:32 PM
No TW clearly shits on Sense TBH

Delayed reply, but this basically sums up all my issues with Touchwiz:

The Galaxy S5 is a great phone ruined by terrible software (http://www.wired.com/2014/04/samsung-galaxy-s5/) and "meh" because Samsung tries to do too much, neglects to finetune design and software for users (http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/04/samsungs-galaxy-s5-has-plenty-of-upgrades-so-why-does-it-feel-so-meh/). Hope yours isn't on Verizon, the model that had a cool new feature, unfixable camera failures that require device replacement (http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/04/unfixable-verizon-galaxy-s5-camera-failures-require-device-replacement/).

lefty
05-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Delayed reply, but this basically sums up all my issues with Touchwiz:
Im not with Verizon

So...

anakha
05-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Im not with Verizon

So...

The first two links still apply regardless of carrier.

lefty
05-21-2014, 06:43 PM
The first two links still apply regardless of carrier.
Idk I have an S4, but I'm assuming the S5 isn't that much different.

The S4 is easy to use, I'm not sure why the phaggot who wrote that article is so confused.

Sammy phones are bloated, I'll give him that, but that's about it

leemajors
05-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Idk I have an S4, but I'm assuming the S5 isn't that much different.

The S4 is easy to use, I'm not sure why the phaggot who wrote that article is so confused.

Sammy phones are bloated, I'll give him that, but that's about it

The second one has shown up on every review I have seen for the phone tbh

lefty
05-21-2014, 07:07 PM
The second one has shown up on every review I have seen for the phone tbh
I can live with that

I haven't rooted my S4 :lol

InRareForm
05-22-2014, 09:22 PM
I got the m7 as a replacement to my gs3. I love this phone. THere are a bit of small problems I don't like... but it's fast and efficient.

I hear its not even a big jump from the m7 to the m8

lefty
05-23-2014, 08:55 AM
I got the m7 as a replacement to my gs3. I love this phone. THere are a bit of small problems I don't like... but it's fast and efficient.

I hear its not even a big jump from the m7 to the m8
Were you eligible for an upgrade?

Or did your S3 fall into the toilet bowl?

InRareForm
05-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Were you eligible for an upgrade?

Or did your S3 fall into the toilet bowl?

not eligible until late 2014 for an upgrade. Yep, major water damage and it's a goner my gs3 :(

After feeling a HTC, you realize how plastic the galaxy series is.

lefty
05-24-2014, 01:13 AM
not eligible until late 2014 for an upgrade. Yep, major water damage and it's a goner my gs3 :(

After feeling a HTC, you realize how plastic the galaxy series is.
I had an HTC (One S) before the getting the S4

And yes, HTC phones look and feel great to hold

But Samsung's plastic doesnt bother me at all

The Gemini Method
05-28-2014, 04:45 PM
I had an HTC (One S) before the getting the S4

And yes, HTC phones look and feel great to hold

But Samsung's plastic doesnt bother me at all

You a Sammy user now, Lefty? I had the HTC (One X) and it worked brilliantly up until summer of last year. I decided to use it at the beach and the sun managed to kill it even though I had it hidden. So, I got a replacement and that one met the same fate but that time I didn't even use it to play music at the pool. It just decided to kick the bucket. I recently got a work phone with unlimited everything so the One X is now my side chick's access to me. J/K about that one. It was a good phone.

lefty
05-28-2014, 05:49 PM
You a Sammy user now, Lefty? I had the HTC (One X) and it worked brilliantly up until summer of last year. I decided to use it at the beach and the sun managed to kill it even though I had it hidden. So, I got a replacement and that one met the same fate but that time I didn't even use it to play music at the pool. It just decided to kick the bucket. I recently got a work phone with unlimited everything so the One X is now my side chick's access to me. J/K about that one. It was a good phone.
Damn wtf tough luck with the One X.

What phone are you using now

The Gemini Method
05-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Damn wtf tough luck with the One X.

What phone are you using now

I have two--the One X is my private life phone and the iPhone 5S 64gig is the work phone.

lefty
05-28-2014, 06:07 PM
I have two--the One X is my private life phone and the iPhone 5S 64gig is the work phone.

Damn I wouldn't like to carry 2 phones tbh

The Gemini Method
05-28-2014, 06:10 PM

I only carry one for work and the other when I go out--the work phone doesn't need to be with me once Friday at 4:30 PST rolls around.

lefty
05-28-2014, 07:08 PM
I only carry one for work and the other when I go out--the work phone doesn't need to be with me once Friday at 4:30 PST rolls around.

But yeah I can why you wouldn't want to use your personal line for work tbh, getting business calls during the weekend would suck tbh

leemajors
05-29-2014, 08:15 AM

Friend of mine had a dual sim Android phone from India so he wouldn't have to carry two, but he was pretty much on call all the time for Dell OneTouch backup services. Thing ended up fucking up after a few months though and he was back to 2 phones.

The Gemini Method
05-29-2014, 12:10 PM
But yeah I can why you wouldn't want to use your personal line for work tbh, getting business calls during the weekend would suck tbh

I don't even know why they gave me one--I don't come in on the weekends and I rarely get calls. I get calls from the co-workers I'm cool with on weekends and they want to go grab a beer and watch the hunnies at the beach. My girl was suspicious when she saw the second phone. I said it's for my side chick and to not worry. Suffice to say, that didn't go over well.

lefty
05-29-2014, 12:49 PM
I don't even know why they gave me one--I don't come in on the weekends and I rarely get calls. I get calls from the co-workers I'm cool with on weekends and they want to go grab a beer and watch the hunnies at the beach. My girl was suspicious when she saw the second phone. I said it's for my side chick and to not worry. Suffice to say, that didn't go over well.