Infinite_limit
05-05-2014, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML4MaDv3QYw#t=44

ChumpDumper
05-05-2014, 08:09 PM
http://www.infowarsshop.com/assets/images/supermale1new.jpg

The Reckoning
05-05-2014, 08:56 PM
this is retarded. people have and always will use sport as a major distraction in their lives. there's nothing wrong with that either. next.

Infinite_limit
05-05-2014, 09:04 PM
this is retarded. people have and always will use sport as a major distraction in their lives. there's nothing wrong with that either. next.
My main issue is the American model of combining sports & academia. I think that's the root of the problem. Bouncing a ball shouldn't be a gateway into College and furthermore Universities shouldn't be financially dependent on athletics.

We all enjoy sports. But investing time and money into kids (not our own) under the age of 18 is extremely odd. I was enjoying lunch in a beach bar with my GF and noticed what must have been middle school girls softball on Television? What kind of pressure is put on them and conflicting message of importance. Do your homework can't match play good and appear on TV

pgardn
05-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Lighten up Cletus.

How did you find this board in the first place?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-06-2014, 01:32 AM
I doubt that a new account was activated.

Infinite_limit
05-06-2014, 01:45 AM
Lighten up Cletus.

How did you find this board in the first place?
I posted here 4 years ago and vanished in the great purge 2 years ago.

I made this exactly 1 year ago and it was finally mod accepted a few weeks ago

pgardn
05-06-2014, 10:04 AM
I posted here 4 years ago and vanished in the great purge 2 years ago.

I made this exactly 1 year ago and it was finally mod accepted a few weeks ago

I did not make myself clear, there is a bit of irony here...

You sign up on a sports board to complain about sports?

While I agree on a basic level with your points, you don't find this a bit strange?
M. Cyrus, dancing with the fools... All have huge followings and similarly draw in young people who like to be entertained and think they will become the next great pop star or movie star or whatever is popular. It's really not surprising. We will continue to attract the right types to science etc, imo. Not worried. Culturally it is disappointing.

Tying sports to academics is a bit more troubling. I think we are ok, it's being debated heavily now. The raspy voice fellow in the video seems the wrong spokesperson imo.

sickdsm
05-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Sports is the more manlier version of video games.

Lots of people try to justify it as something good however.

Infinite_limit
05-06-2014, 10:49 PM
I did not make myself clear, there is a bit of irony here...

You sign up on a sports board to complain about sports?

While I agree on a basic level with your points, you don't find this a bit strange?
M. Cyrus, dancing with the fools... All have huge followings and similarly draw in young people who like to be entertained and think they will become the next great pop star or movie star or whatever is popular. It's really not surprising. We will continue to attract the right types to science etc, imo. Not worried. Culturally it is disappointing.

Tying sports to academics is a bit more troubling. I think we are ok, it's being debated heavily now. The raspy voice fellow in the video seems the wrong spokesperson imo.
I come here mostly for the Off-Topic discussion. It's one of the most open English forums online.

I agree with your points. I see the Black community suffering most as they openly view individuals such as JayZ & LeBron as role models.

Nbadan
05-06-2014, 10:57 PM
I agree with your points. I see the Black community suffering most as they openly view individuals such as JayZ & LeBron as role models.

I think most people see the adults who raised them as their primary role model....