PDA

View Full Version : I Wrote a 1 Page Mystery, Can You Solve It?

BillMc
05-06-2014, 08:57 AM
As some of you know I do some writing. I had a work of flash fiction published on the mystery website Over My Dead Body last month. It's a 700 word mystery. I'd be interested to know if anyone figured out the solution or enjoyed the story. You probably need to like stories as puzzles to enjoy this.

You can read it here: http://www.overmydeadbody.com/agoraph.htm

Note: Some of you from outside of North America will probably get it instantly.

I'd love your thoughts, good and bad, but trolls and those trying to start flame wars will be ignored.

Best, Bill

DMC
05-06-2014, 09:36 AM
European date format on European cameras means the pic was taken on July 10th, 2005.... .

BillMc
05-06-2014, 09:38 AM
European date format on European cameras means the pic was taken on July 10th, 2005.... .

Yep. I assume that means you solved it.:toast

The Reckoning
05-06-2014, 11:59 AM
no he clicked on the answer :lol

great riddle. when i moved out of the US it took me awhile to get used to that format. same with which way to look when crossing the road.

DMC
05-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Yep. I assume that means you solved it.:toast

I solved it here, didn't do anything there... just read it.

However it doesn't prove anything. Camera dates can be wrong, they are probably not admissible in court. It just shoots down his theory that it happened 2 months after the murder using that time stamp.

DMC
05-06-2014, 03:09 PM

great riddle. when i moved out of the US it took me awhile to get used to that format. same with which way to look when crossing the road.

No I didn't. I get spreadsheets from Finland on a regular basis and have to convert the format to something that makes sense. I caught it right away. Also, that other date would have been during a post season game, Angels to be exact, and NY lost, and the game wasn't until 8pm.

GoodOdor
05-06-2014, 03:14 PM
No I didn't. I get spreadsheets from Finland on a regular basis and have to convert the format to something that makes sense. I caught it right away. Also, that other date would have been during a post season game, Angels to be exact, and NY lost, and the game wasn't until 8pm.

Damn, this is some Wild Cobra google-map triangulating level.

DMC
05-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Damn, this is some Wild Cobra google-map triangulating level.
Except I used a divining rod and a bubble gum wrapper to pick up signals from the red shifting of residual light that came from the text on that page, which led me in the right direction (and would have you too if you knew how to use it).

cantthinkofanything
05-06-2014, 03:24 PM
easy...Positraction was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark. So that leaves the Corvette, which no one could confuse with the Skylark. And the 1963 Pontiac Tempest which had the same body length, height, width, weight, wheel base, and wheel track as the '64 Skylark.

BillMc
05-06-2014, 07:50 PM

Except I used a divining rod and a bubble gum wrapper to pick up signals from the red shifting of residual light that came from the text on that page, which led me in the right direction (and would have you too if you knew how to use it).

Thanks for reading it guys. I appreciate it!:toast

spurraider21
05-06-2014, 11:19 PM
easy...Positraction was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark. So that leaves the Corvette, which no one could confuse with the Skylark. And the 1963 Pontiac Tempest which had the same body length, height, width, weight, wheel base, and wheel track as the '64 Skylark.
and since both cars were made by general motors, they were both available in metallic mint green