PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Scrub's 'vanilla' best and worst poster list

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Best posters:
1) Mono: Mono is the definition of success. He's the stylin', profiling', limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' deelin son of a gun. Why hasn't this guy become a mod or king of the forum yet?

2) ElNono: Doing a great job of getting Manu that deal in the offseason, and putting in work this offseason. Solid poster, regulates upstairs. This sexy mofo deserves more credit.

3) Malik Hairston: Still bringing the goods despite the bitch status he's grown too. Ignore the posts with the lame company and you will realize very solid takes come from his way.

4) djohn2008: MJ has been slacking lately, but his body of work still merits attention. When the Lakers pull their typical LOL worthy attention, MJ is first on the job. Pretty much became one of the GOAT legendary trolls last Summer.

5) StrengthandHonor: Clearly the best Clipper fan on this forum. Very objective takes, good sense of humor, and picks and chooses his posts. He is the reason Clips fans are relevant on this board.

HM: sook, Splits, Ghazi, jeebus, benefactor, Phillip

Worst posters:
5) tlong: Only #5 due to the epic troll job he put on Rockets fans. Still on the list because of the ten pages of news reports upstairs and the annoying troll job that will proceed once the Blazers win their only game in the series this year.

4) Ricky Davis: This guy is about as irrelevant as he was in 04 after leaving the Cavs. Just like his career, he's trying to reinvent himself to get into the big leagues, with no avail.

3) IrishHockey: Was going to write this huge write-up for why he's a horrible poster, but honestly, this guys schtick is so lame I thought about it and realized it's not even worth it. Too boring.

2) besteva: Bumping old threads for vanilla puns, same tired insults, Austin Powers lame, unfunny gifs. He's one of the few posters that have yet to reinvent himself since joining the forums. I'm not sure which is more hilarious: the constant attempts - or the constant fails. He constantly lets people shit on his team too.

1) rogues: I almost didn't have him first, then I saw him get completely raped in the vanilla company thread. This guy right here is horrible. Can't properly troll. He's so bad at trolling his main account got banned twice (LOL). Lame insults, lame comebacks... the best thing this guy has in his life is pulling for a manufactured team from the NBA. Tbh, it fits perfectly in his manufactured forum status.

HM: jars, King Emmanuel, DMC, kool_aid

Calispursfan11
05-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Good list except that Malik Hairston is a fucking tool and Besteva deserves to be placed in the "best posters" category.

jag
05-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Ricky Davis is underrated, to be completely honest.

Brazil
05-06-2014, 10:17 AM
not a bad list

on the top posters you cannot let aside DD and DPG

in no particular order top 5: harlem, nono, mono, DD and DPG / that's the starting 5 since a long time now tbh

HM: jeebus, _jag, DAF (I like the solitarian wolf way of dealing with ST tbh, like him or not he is following his own way), HIFI (not sure why people affiliate him with vanila stuff dude is funny imho), strengh and honor, bene, LkF... I am surely forgetting some

spurraider21
05-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Good list except that Malik Hairston is a fucking tool and Besteva deserves to be placed in the "best posters" category.
Anybody that has actually been a strong enough presence to have minions/servants deserves to be on the top poster list

ElNono
05-06-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm only here to talk basketball... but thanks.

I'll disagree about tlong and Ricky Davis, tbh... tlong is what being a fan is all about, IMO. Ricky Davis is a classic just like all the other alts that person have used through the years...

Expert
05-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Anybody that has actually been a strong enough presence to have minions/servants deserves to be on the top poster list

That leaves you out.

spurraider21
05-06-2014, 01:22 PM
That leaves you out.
It's a qualifier, not a requisite

jeebus
05-06-2014, 03:13 PM
December Romo deserves top honors with his 2 posts imo

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-06-2014, 05:14 PM
December Romo deserves top honors with his 2 posts imo

Agreed but that was after the list was made

sook
05-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks, but you should probably have replaced me with the Geimini method & cantthinkofanything. Best posters in the club imo.

Michael Jordan.
05-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Coming out of retirement to bully some niggas. Gotta get this place back on track.

HI-FI
05-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Ricky Davis is underrated, to be completely honest.
co-signed. I think BUMP was stealth banned, not sure why he was when so many others should be shitcanned. I also liked that pic he dropped in the cosmos thread :lol

RobbyH
05-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Best posters:
1) Mono: Mono is the definition of success. He's the stylin', profiling', limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' deelin son of a gun. Why hasn't this guy become a mod or king of the forum yet?

2) ElNono: Doing a great job of getting Manu that deal in the offseason, and putting in work this offseason. Solid poster, regulates upstairs. This sexy mofo deserves more credit.

3) Malik Hairston: Still bringing the goods despite the bitch status he's grown too. Ignore the posts with the lame company and you will realize very solid takes come from his way.

4) djohn2008: MJ has been slacking lately, but his body of work still merits attention. When the Lakers pull their typical LOL worthy attention, MJ is first on the job. Pretty much became one of the GOAT legendary trolls last Summer.

5) StrengthandHonor: Clearly the best Clipper fan on this forum. Very objective takes, good sense of humor, and picks and chooses his posts. He is the reason Clips fans are relevant on this board.

HM: sook, Splits, Ghazi, jeebus, benefactor, Phillip

Worst posters:
5) tlong: Only #5 due to the epic troll job he put on Rockets fans. Still on the list because of the ten pages of news reports upstairs and the annoying troll job that will proceed once the Blazers win their only game in the series this year.

4) Ricky Davis: This guy is about as irrelevant as he was in 04 after leaving the Cavs. Just like his career, he's trying to reinvent himself to get into the big leagues, with no avail.

3) IrishHockey: Was going to write this huge write-up for why he's a horrible poster, but honestly, this guys schtick is so lame I thought about it and realized it's not even worth it. Too boring.

2) besteva: Bumping old threads for vanilla puns, same tired insults, Austin Powers lame, unfunny gifs. He's one of the few posters that have yet to reinvent himself since joining the forums. I'm not sure which is more hilarious: the constant attempts - or the constant fails. He constantly lets people shit on his team too.

1) rogues: I almost didn't have him first, then I saw him get completely raped in the vanilla company thread. This guy right here is horrible. Can't properly troll. He's so bad at trolling his main account got banned twice (LOL). Lame insults, lame comebacks... the best thing this guy has in his life is pulling for a manufactured team from the NBA. Tbh, it fits perfectly in his manufactured forum status.

HM: jars, King Emmanuel, DMC, kool_aid

do they offer ESL classes at unc?

scanry
05-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Coming out of retirement to bully some niggas. Gotta get this place back on track.

d, this place ain't even active anymore. Besides the vanilla Spurs scrubs, you've got squat to regulate tbh. I would've thought trolling those Blazer fans at Sportstwo would've been worthwhile, but with them folding like those mid 2000 flip phones, that ain't even worth it.

Kyle Orton
05-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Ricky Davis is a classic tbh, former elite poster using a new name after The Bannings

splits is fuckin terrible

BlackSwordsMan
05-07-2014, 06:55 AM
aw I didn't make the top poster list

AchillesHeel
05-07-2014, 09:26 AM
horrible list

DMC
05-07-2014, 09:56 AM

I'll let you be top later... mmmkay?

Beaverfuzz
05-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Who gives a shit?

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2014, 10:00 AM

that list of fellas giving each other handjobs, why u want to be part of that crew?

Ricky Davis
05-07-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm only here to talk basketball... but thanks.

I'll disagree about tlong and Ricky Davis, tbh... tlong is what being a fan is all about, IMO. Ricky Davis is a classic just like all the other alts that person have used through the years...

Not surprised to see myself on his list

:lol If you take a look at his GRE thread in The Club, where I turned him into a personal jizz rag overnight, you'll understand why.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Not surprised to see myself on his list

:lol If you take a look at his GRE thread in The Club, where I turned him into a personal jizz rag overnight, you'll understand why.

When theBlazers/Clippers deal Marcus Camby (http://dimemag.com/2010/02/nba-trade-rumor-blazers-deal-to-acquire-marcus-camby-is-official/) became official earlier today, it may have signaled the end of Ricky Davis‘ NBA career.

Having acquired Travis Outlaw to go alongside wing players Eric Gordon, Rasual Butler, Al Thorntonand Mardy Collins, as well as backup PG Steve Blake, the Clips needed to clear room on the roster and waived Ricky Buckets. The 12-year vet had made two starts for an injury-racked L.A. squad this year, and was averaging 4.4 points in 14 minutes a night, a big drop-off for a guy who used to put up 19-20 points a night.

If this is Ricky’s last stop in the League, it marks the end of one of the strangest careers we’ve seen in the last decade. Davis had the talent to be an All-Star; he had the athleticism and creativity to be a dunk contest champ; he had the fire and toughness to be the leader of a good team. And he never accomplished any of those things.

Instead, Ricky will always be known as — depending on who you ask — a jacker, a stat pig, a malcontent/cancer in the locker room, a career loser, and an overall disappointment who didn’t play up to his potential. Davis was a headliner on some of the worst NBA teams of the 2000′s decade. His most famous play was shooting at his own basket and missing on purpose so he could get the clinching rebound of a triple-double. And as the story goes, despite dropping 20-5-5 numbers (20.6 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 5.5 apg) with the Cavaliers in ’02-03, Davis was traded midway through LeBron‘s rookie year because the organization was worried he would poison its young franchise superstar.

Ricky can still play NBA-caliber ball. He scored in double figures four times this season, and in a close loss to Cleveland a few weeks ago, he was assigned to guard LeBron on some crucial late-game possessions. And he’s only 30 years old. I could see somebody picking him up — a team needing some scoring punch off the bench for cheap — but his reputation will be his biggest hurdle.

Blake
05-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Kat krew

The Gemini Method
05-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Another list...yay! Thanks sook but I am the only recognition that needs to be noticed.