PDA

View Full Version : Work pet peeves

JudynTX
05-06-2014, 12:09 PM
There is nothing worse than working with someone who refuses to reply to your email inquiries. I mean seriously, are you too good to reply?

When this happens, it just ruins my day. :bang:bang

DD
05-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Try POF instead

mouse
05-06-2014, 12:15 PM
can ex working pet peeves apply also?

The Reckoning
05-06-2014, 12:17 PM
people who try their very best to put their name on your report

JudynTX
05-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Try POF instead

What's that?

can ex working pet peeves apply also?

Sure

JudynTX
05-06-2014, 12:42 PM
I had a customer come in one day and ask me where my candy jar was. :lol GTFOOH

DarrinS
05-06-2014, 01:53 PM
There is nothing worse than working with someone who refuses to reply to your email inquiries. I mean seriously, are you too good to reply?

Yeah, that's pretty bad etiquette.

I. Hustle
05-06-2014, 02:01 PM
That was me. I have a sweet tooth.

Office pet peeves (In no particular order):
* The negative Nancy - no matter what the change is it's going to be horrible.
* The one upper
* The person that eats food at their desk - usually smells bad

cantthinkofanything
05-06-2014, 02:04 PM
when fucking June from accounting comes down and hikes her leg and sprays diarrhea on the postage machine.

SpursWoman
05-06-2014, 03:37 PM
when fucking June from accounting comes down and hikes her leg and sprays diarrhea on the postage machine.

That's just how us chicks in accounting roll.

SpursWoman
05-06-2014, 03:47 PM
We have this one lady in our department who is LOUD. Everything she does is loud. She bangs on her keyboard, we think she must be a little hard of hearing because she talks extremely loudly - even on the phone. She smacks her food when she eats at her desk, even makes some crazy-ass noise when she takes a drink of something. Doesn't just close a drawer, has to be slammed, etc.

We can't stop the invoice-stamping/slamming, but we were able to stop the personal calls to/from her mother which happened all day. She's a 50-something, never-been-married person who lives with her mother who is in poor health. We know she is in poor health because we hear about every doctor's appointment, every dose of Colace she needs to take, every prescription she's on, and her numerous trips to hospital. Fea even came to work with a MRSA infection a few weeks ago.

7 YEARS we've had to endure this. She is all of my pet-peeves rolled into 1 person.

DMC
05-06-2014, 04:02 PM

These types typically only want F2F discussion so they cannot be held accountable for what they say. This is especially true if you CC'd others.

DMC
05-06-2014, 04:04 PM
carpet bombers.

People who use "reply all" when someone sends out an errant email to a large group... then that starts the avalanche of responses doing the same thing telling that person to not use reply all... and so forth. I've seen one email shut entire servers down.

Franklin
05-06-2014, 05:48 PM
If you still use yahoo mailbox chance is your emails were automatically sorted in the receiver's trashmail box.

DJR210
05-06-2014, 06:14 PM
People who use "reply all" when someone sends out an errant email to a large group... then that starts the avalanche of responses doing the same thing telling that person to not use reply all... and so forth. I've seen one email shut entire servers down.

Yeah, reply all is pretty stupid. I also love the associate who can never own up to shit when having to hold them accountable for something.

JudynTX
05-07-2014, 10:01 AM
We have this one lady in our department who is LOUD. Everything she does is loud. She bangs on her keyboard, we think she must be a little hard of hearing because she talks extremely loudly - even on the phone. She smacks her food when she eats at her desk, even makes some crazy-ass noise when she takes a drink of something. Doesn't just close a drawer, has to be slammed, etc.

We can't stop the invoice-stamping/slamming, but we were able to stop the personal calls to/from her mother which happened all day. She's a 50-something, never-been-married person who lives with her mother who is in poor health. We know she is in poor health because we hear about every doctor's appointment, every dose of Colace she needs to take, every prescription she's on, and her numerous trips to hospital. Fea even came to work with a MRSA infection a few weeks ago.

7 YEARS we've had to endure this. She is all of my pet-peeves rolled into 1 person.

You poor thing. :( 7 years is too damn long to put up with that nonsense. Can you use ear buds to drown her out? :lol
I used to work with this lady that couldn't just give me a yes or no answer. She had to explain why or why not. And god forbid you asked her "how her day or weekend was"!!! I would have to use the excuse that my cell phone is ringing to get her to finish.

JudynTX
05-07-2014, 10:02 AM
And if you're going to borrow my stapler or tape dispenser, please be courteous and return them. :)

SpursWoman
05-07-2014, 11:17 AM
You poor thing. :( 7 years is too damn long to put up with that nonsense. Can you use ear buds to drown her out? :lol
I used to work with this lady that couldn't just give me a yes or no answer. She had to explain why or why not. And god forbid you asked her "how her day or weekend was"!!! I would have to use the excuse that my cell phone is ringing to get her to finish.

I shut my office door and turn up my radio frequently, but it still doesn't always drown her out. We have talks with her all of the time about her excessive noise-making, and she will be a little better for about a day or two, then right back at it.

lol @ getting her to stop talking to you ... she does this too, especially to the HR manager in the office next to mine. So when I start hearing the TMI in her office, I will Spark (intercompany IM) her and ask her if she wants me to call her to give her an excuse to cut her off and get her out of her office. lol

JudynTX
05-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I shut my office door and turn up my radio frequently, but it still doesn't always drown her out. We have talks with her all of the time about her excessive noise-making, and she will be a little better for about a day or two, then right back at it.

I work with someone who gets talked to "regularly". He's good for a few days, then goes right back to being a jackass. :lol

lol @ getting her to stop talking to you ... she does this too, especially to the HR manager in the office next to mine. So when I start hearing the TMI in her office, I will Spark (intercompany IM) her and ask her if she wants me to call her to give her an excuse to cut her off and get her out of her office. lol

We use Communicator at work.

boutons_deux
05-08-2014, 11:58 AM
:lol

We use Communicator at work.

Too expensive

We switched to openfire chat server plus spark chat client. Both free. Fuck MS

JudynTX
05-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Another one.........throw out your moldy food in the refrigerator. Your mother doesn't work here.

xrayzebra
05-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Too expensive

We switched to openfire chat server plus spark chat client. Both free. Fuck MS

boutons has a job.........:wow

DJR210
05-13-2014, 10:11 AM
The annoying new hire fuck that comes in and starts demanding ridiculous accomodations first thing are always good.

Studio Audience
05-13-2014, 12:06 PM
People who tell you really long stories that are unrelated to work, especially when you're on a deadline. You're walking out the door, down the hall, and you can still hear them trying to get in some pointless details.

Spur|n|Austin
05-13-2014, 02:02 PM
That was me. I have a sweet tooth.

Office pet peeves (In no particular order):
* The negative Nancy - no matter what the change is it's going to be horrible.
* The one upper
* The person that eats food at their desk - usually smells bad

THIS. Can't stand a guy I work with at my office, he complains about everything. It's gotten to the point where nobody even responds anymore, yet he still keeps bitching. Please go off yourself.

People who tell you really long stories that are unrelated to work, especially when you're on a deadline. You're walking out the door, down the hall, and you can still hear them trying to get in some pointless details.

Some people just don't "get it"..

JudynTX
05-13-2014, 02:24 PM
The annoying new hire fuck that comes in and starts demanding ridiculous accomodations first thing are always good.

Like what, private bathroom? :lol

Those are the ones who say "to make a long story short", but it never is. :(

DJR210
05-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Like what, private bathroom? :lol

Hah, we have actually had an issue with a tranny they hired and determining which restroom it should use.. not sure about the outcome though. I've had another fucker come in and demands brand new EVERYTHING, PC, mouse, keyboard, phone, etc. because of germs. I'm sure HR loves reminding these idiots of the keyword reasonable.

Infinite_limit
05-13-2014, 07:02 PM

:( Sounds like a lonely, disgruntled, obsese woman. You guys need to come together and take her out to TGIFridays for lunch time drinks.

ploto
05-14-2014, 12:05 AM
There is nothing worse than working with someone who refuses to reply to your email inquiries. I mean seriously, are you too good to reply? :bang:bang
I work with one of those. Now, I just e-mail her boss when I have a question.

ploto
05-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Sorry, but I am tired these days of the young people at my work who think their ideas are so innovative when they simply are not.

marini martini
05-14-2014, 12:19 AM
Just started my job a month ago, no peeves yet. :tu

Infinite_limit
05-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Just started my job a month ago, no peeves yet. :tu
Then you are definitely the guy everyone is finger pointing

marini martini
05-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Then you are definitely the guy everyone is finger pointing

OMG! You think so? :wow

mrsmaalox
05-14-2014, 03:37 PM
The work part is my pet peeve.

Spurs9
05-14-2014, 03:45 PM
I recieve over 400 emails a day at work, I ignore 95% of them.

Spur|n|Austin
05-14-2014, 03:57 PM
I recieve over 400 emails a day at work, I ignore 95% of them.

I've got enough rules set up in Outlook for the idiots to where I only ever see about 20% of them.

JudynTX
05-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Does anyone else have to arrange their summer vacation days with their coworkers? :lol

z0sa
05-17-2014, 03:31 AM
I can deal with just about anything except someone who shows up to work stinking like shit.