PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps premature but Spurs among teams SI says can take down Heat

Rummpd
05-06-2014, 01:49 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/05/06/nba-playoffs-miami-heat-pacers-spurs-blazers-nets/

Ben Golliver: Spurs. Who can stop Miami? Nobody in the East, that’s for sure. Although the Thunder entered the postseason as my pick to emerge from the West, they looked shaky at times against the Grizzlies and they got rocked by the Clippers in Game 1 on Monday. ...San Antonio didn’t play a perfect first-round series against Dallas, but we do know they have the personnel — stars and role players alike — and the strategic wrinkles to push Miami to the max. One takeaway from the West’s awesome slate of first-round match-ups? Any of the four victors – the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers and Blazers — would make for a compelling Finals partner for the Heat.

Rob Mahoney: Spurs. Even elite defense can only go so far against Miami. James and Dwyane Wade will eventually break through any coverage, while Chris Bosh is positioned to feed off their progress with spot-up shooting. Challenging the Heat, then, is as much about keeping up offensively as it is slowing those three stars. I trust the Spurs in that regard more than any other team on the board — not due to any specific positional advantage, but because San Antonio’s team-wide ball movement is such an effective tool in escaping Miami’s defensive pressure.

Others receiving mention - Pacers still (?) and Nets

tmtcsc
05-06-2014, 01:55 PM
The respect for the Heat is a bit too much. I think there are 3 or 4 teams that can beat them. I'm not sure they will even make it out of the East. Going to the Finals 4 years in a row is extremely difficult to do and I don't think people give that fact much thought. Wear and tear, drive..not easy.

hater
05-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Nobody can beat the heat at this moment. This could easily be Lebrons easiest championship.

Cry Havoc
05-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Don't sleep on dem Wizards. Laugh all you want but they're for real.

SpurSwag
05-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Pretty sure any team in the playoffs except maybe the wizards COULD beat the heat in a 7 game series. I'm not saying the other teams would be favorites, but it wouldn't be crazy.