PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Tony Parker appreciation thread

midnightpulp
05-06-2014, 11:14 PM
He's shed the derogatory Enrique label for now. He nutted up and found his WCF form from last year.

Only worry is that the rest of the team will get complacent and begin to rely on him too much. The Spurs are gonna need a complete team effort if they want to get back to the Finals. Can't bank on Tony dropping 30 every night. Just not possible.

Still, not complaining. Tony is the man right now.

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2014, 11:15 PM
wtf does belong down here kent?

take this shit back upstairs where it belongs

taking a shit on mo williams? anyone can do that shit

ElNono
05-06-2014, 11:16 PM
He was amazing... he looked healthy too... if that's his new gear, we're a lock for the WCF...

spurraider21
05-06-2014, 11:17 PM

how about taking a shit on Damian Lillard?

HI-FI
He was amazing... he looked healthy too... if that's his new gear, we're a lock for the WCF...
i hope this is what he brings from here on out. I thought he went Enrique mode a little much towards end, but he was badass for most of the game.

Brazil
Something was bothering him against mavs, games 7 and this one he is showing good energy from quarter one till the end. Hopefully it's a good sign for the next games and he build upon it

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2014, 11:18 PM

just shaking off the rockets cobwebs

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Something was bothering him against mavs, games 7 and this one he is showing good energy from quarter one till the end. Hopefully it's a good sign for the next games and he build upon it

shit is shit man

Brazil
05-06-2014, 11:20 PM
shit is shit man

If you can't see he had some kind of injuries against mavs you are a moron tbh

when Parker is dialed and healthy this spurs team is a tough team to beat tbh

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2014, 11:22 PM
If you can't see he had some kind of injuries against mavs you are a moron tbh

when Parker is dialed and healthy this spurs team is a tough team to beat tbh

if his injured he had no problem going enrique

but when he scores them he/you enrique fans just shrug it off like one of them jordan flue games, but when he struggles u blame it on the injury

GenuineLakerfan
05-06-2014, 11:23 PM
It's remarkable how these Spur fans climb into a train tunnel every post season and think the light at the end of the tunnel is anything less than a train. :lol

Brazil
05-06-2014, 11:25 PM

but when he scores them he/you enrique fans just shrug it off like one of them jordan flue games, but when he struggles u blame it on the injury

You don't make any sense but always nice talking to you tbh

lefty
05-06-2014, 11:27 PM

:lol

Troof imo

midnightpulp
It's remarkable how these Spur fans climb into a train tunnel every post season and think the light at the end of the tunnel is anything less than a train. :lol

I don't think anyone is dusting off the trophy case for number 5 in this thread, Pablo.

TDMVPDPOY
You don't make any sense but always nice talking to you tbh

why u trying to over glorify a win?

lefty
05-06-2014, 11:29 PM

More troof bombs, HOLY SHIT

apalisoc_9
05-06-2014, 11:30 PM
took way too many shots

Clipper Nation
05-06-2014, 11:30 PM

Lillard doesn't play defense, tbh....

FkLA
05-06-2014, 11:38 PM

I try to stay away from the Parker hate now but that just doesnt make sense to me. Youre implying the injury was severe enough to make him look like shit early on against Dallas, yet at the same time it was an injury he was able to get over in a week while playing heavy minutes in games every other day?

I think its more reasonable to just concede that hes not a true superstar and that he wont bring the consistency those elite guys bring. Throw different looks at him defensively (taller defender, take away his shooters, pack the paint, etc) and hes likely to struggle--healthy or not.

GenuineLakerfan
05-06-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't think anyone is dusting off the trophy case for number 5 in this thread, Pablo.

Just saying partna, I wouldn't get too excited yet. I would set my hopes very low like Lebron at 12 years old waiting for his father to bring him a Christmas gift.

midnightpulp
05-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Just saying partna, I wouldn't get too excited yet. I would set my hopes very low like Lebron at 12 years old waiting for his father to bring him a Christmas gift.

Or like a Lakers fan looking forward to next season?

GenuineLakerfan
05-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Or like a Lakers fan looking forward to next season?

In actuality, Lakers are well ahead on pace to win a championship compared to the Spurs are right now. At least we have conceded in the arms race and are looking to reload. Spur fans will know this soon

DMC
05-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Someone is going to floor him in the next game, book it. After that he'll be icing a bleeding eye socket on the sidelines and Patty Mills will be chucking up hail marys from the half court on every trip.

DMC
05-07-2014, 12:24 AM
In actuality, Lakers are well ahead on pace to win a championship compared to the Spurs are right now. At least we have conceded in the arms race and are looking to reload. Spur fans will know this soon

This is actually a decent take. Spurs are still playing the rare instance card, where in the rare instance all teams are subpar or injured, they can make the Finals and maybe if the other team folds, they can win. It's a legit strategy, but will peter out before they win anything and the Lakers will be prominent again before the small market Spurs.

dg7md
05-07-2014, 12:25 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

No draft picks, no coach named, an aging Kobe. What would you "reload" to? Carmelo Anthony? :lol

Lakers will no doubt be "better" in the coming years, but to think they're close to what we are is pure homerism to the highest degree. Lakers are doomed with how good the rest of the West is shaping up to be.

:lol at rebuilding teams better than a team that has enough pieces to at least contend in the West playoffs for many years to come.

DMC
05-07-2014, 12:29 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

No draft picks, no coach named, an aging Kobe. What would you "reload" to? Carmelo Anthony? :lol

Lakers will no doubt be "better" in the coming years, but to think they're close to what we are is pure homerism to the highest degree. Lakers are doomed with how good the rest of the West is shaping up to be.

:lol at rebuilding teams better than a team that has enough pieces to at least contend in the West playoffs for many years to come.

I recall a similar attitude when Shaq left and the Lakers sucked for a couple years, then the magical Pau acquisition and they make 3 consecutive Finals and win 2 of them. All it takes is for some juggernaut group to hook up, it can happen. Lots of players would love to play in LA.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2014, 12:30 AM
the stretch in the game where he went through mo twice and gettin riled up for nothing cause lillard was starting to get his late in the game

seriously this clown should know better then to start huff and puffing this early in the series

remember when he got a big head playing h2h against westbrick in the WCF which led to the backdoor sweep....

lillard hasnt awaken y et, and when he does....expect him to lay a shit

one thing about game 1 enrique was taking alot of jumpers the blazers were giving him, the same amount of space the mavericks gave him but he was chickenshit to shoot

dg7md
05-07-2014, 12:32 AM
When Shaq left, they still had a top player in Kobe. Kobe is still a great player but 2014 Kobe is not at his 2006 game.

I really don't think the Lakers are even a top destination to land any big names anymore if you consider the fact that the Clippers are easily the more attractable option in the LA market now.

The only player that could make a difference is LeBron and there's not a chance he isn't resigning with the Heat or returning to Cleveland.

DMC
05-07-2014, 12:34 AM
the stretch in the game where he went through mo twice and gettin riled up for nothing cause lillard was starting to get his late in the game

seriously this clown should know better then to start huff and puffing this early in the series

remember when he got a big head playing h2h against westbrick in the WCF which led to the backdoor sweep....

lillard hasnt awaken y et, and when he does....expect him to lay a shit

one thing about game 1 enrique was taking alot of jumpers the blazers were giving him, the same amount of space the mavericks gave him but he was chickenshit to shoot

Rosetta Stone... nigga

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2014, 12:35 AM
When Shaq left, they still had a top player in Kobe. Kobe is still a great player but 2014 Kobe is not at his 2006 game.

I really don't think the Lakers are even a top destination to land any big names anymore if you consider the fact that the Clippers are easily the more attractable option in the LA market now.

The only player that could make a difference is LeBron and there's not a chance he isn't resigning with the Heat or returning to Cleveland.

define great?

kobe was never a great player, he was nothing more then a 1 man team volume scorer who padded his stats after getting his pts first...

this is the same clown whoe beg and kicked 2 bigs off the team, next will be pau out off the lakers

ElNono
05-07-2014, 12:35 AM
I recall a similar attitude when Shaq left and the Lakers sucked for a couple years.

Not really similar... I mean, if Dr Buss was still around I would give them the benefit of the doubt...

spurraider21
05-07-2014, 12:37 AM
I recall a similar attitude when Shaq left and the Lakers sucked for a couple years, then the magical Pau acquisition and they make 3 consecutive Finals and win 2 of them. All it takes is for some juggernaut group to hook up, it can happen. Lots of players would love to play in LA.
except when shaq left they had Kobe... they don't have that piece right now or anything resembling it

HI-FI
05-07-2014, 12:37 AM
sorry DD, your best bet is to jump on that Clippers bandwagon. Their future > Lakers future as of now.

DMC
05-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Not really similar... I mean, if Dr Buss was still around I would give them the benefit of the doubt...

Money and spotlight is still around. There are enough good players scattered on shitty teams that one or two at the right time could totally change the landscape.

ElNono
05-07-2014, 12:47 AM
Money and spotlight is still around. There are enough good players scattered on shitty teams that one or two at the right time could totally change the landscape.

Maybe. They just threw $48.5m of their capspace into basically a retired player. That didn't happen then. Phil was also still available then, I don't think he's coming back while this FO is intact.

Robz4000
05-07-2014, 12:48 AM
MVParker has been back for two games. Hope he's here to stay...

DMC
05-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Maybe. They just threw $48.5m of their capspace into basically a retired player. That didn't happen then. Phil was also still available then, I don't think he's coming back while this FO is intact.
Cap space is an artificial ceiling that the really wealthy franchises don't need to worry about nearly as much as small market teams. Look at how much that Ruskie is spending in Brooklyn.

whitemamba
05-07-2014, 12:57 AM
of course you guys are blowing him now, it takes 1 game for you guys to disregard what he does for your franchise. enrique this, hero that.. please.

spurraider21
05-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Cap space is an artificial ceiling that the really wealthy franchises don't need to worry about nearly as much as small market teams. Look at how much that Ruskie is spending in Brooklyn.
there are only certain ways the circumvent the cap, and the Lakers aren't in a position to do so, and likely won't be for a while. the main way teams exceed the cap is via bird rights, where you are allowed to exceed the cap to resign your own guys. when bynum got his extension from his rookie deal, when kobe got his 3 year 80 mil extension, when Pau got his raise on his 4 year deal, the lakers climbed higher and higher above the cap. i don't see any players on their roster that will be seen as that sort of asset. it will be a while before the Lakers are in that sort of position again.

Brooklyn was able to get there after handing the massive extensions to Lopez, Gerald Wallace, and Deron Williams. OKC could have put themselves in that position if they paid harden the max. with the way the current CBA is set up, I'm doubt the Lakers are going to be able to just get around it

Leetonidas
05-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Dude has his progeny now, he is playing like a man possessed because the Parker name will live on tbh

ElNono
05-07-2014, 01:01 AM
there are only certain ways the circumvent the cap, and the Lakers aren't in a position to do so, and likely won't be for a while. the main way teams exceed the cap is via bird rights, where you are allowed to exceed the cap to resign your own guys. when bynum got his extension from his rookie deal, when kobe got his 3 year 80 mil extension, when Pau got his raise on his 4 year deal, the lakers climbed higher and higher above the cap. i don't see any players on their roster that will be seen as that sort of asset. it will be a while before the Lakers are in that sort of position again.

Brooklyn was able to get there after handing the massive extensions to Lopez, Gerald Wallace, and Deron Williams

Yup, not that simple at all... and the punitive nature of the lux tax makes it even more prohibitive. Obviously, the CBA might change at some point, but that's probably still a few years ahead.

HI-FI
05-07-2014, 01:16 AM
Yup, not that simple at all... and the punitive nature of the lux tax makes it even more prohibitive. Obviously, the CBA might change at some point, but that's probably still a few years ahead.
I think the league will look at the profits and see if they want to lessen things, or push them closer to a hard cap. I've wanted a hard cap from the beginning but I really like this new CBA, better than what it was before.

I think the Lakers will be competitive again, but not like the 00s. No Dr. Buss, no previous CBA, no Shaq or even rapist on the horizon. Plus the West is looking like it will be a dogfight for the foreseeable future. Also, I think the Clippers will be a much bigger thorn in the side for the Lakers than ever before. So the league might be headed for some interesting and uncharted waters.

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2014, 01:36 AM
lakers didnt give shaq the money he wanted

instead they gave that to 3 different players

whether with shaq would given the same result or not who knows

AchillesHeel
05-07-2014, 01:40 AM
2nd best PG in the league as always, tbh... A healthy Parker is as good as any PG on the offensive end, he ain't no GP on defense, but he doesn't have to be for us to win another title. We were an epic chokejob away from our 5th title, even though Parker played on one leg and shot like Kirby would in the biggest game of the Finals, tbh..

Arcadian
05-07-2014, 01:46 AM
This is actually a decent take. Spurs are still playing the rare instance card, where in the rare instance all teams are subpar or injured, they can make the Finals and maybe if the other team folds, they can win. It's a legit strategy, but will peter out before they win anything and the Lakers will be prominent again before the small market Spurs.

That...is a horrible fucking take. Where do I even begin?

"Lakers are well ahead on pace to win a championship compared to the Spurs are right now."

1) No they're not because the Spurs are still in the playoffs right now and competing for a championship currently.

2) How can you say that when the Lakers are probably at their franchise's all-time rock-bottom? Thinking long-term is one thing, but you have to at least consider the present, and the fact that the Spurs and Lakers are on exactly opposite ends of the spectrum right now (with the Lakers on the shit end).

"At least we have conceded in the arms race and are looking to reload."

3) Yeah, you conceded like a little bitch, while the Spurs are still contenders. Shut up.

4) Why would we concede when we're defending conference champions, and were the closest team ever to winning a championship without actually winning it? :lol Don't try to glorify tanking when the only quality for your franchise is this arbitrary quality of "players wanting to play there." If that's all you have going for you, that's not something to be proud of - it's fucking disgraceful. And in spite of that, the Spurs have still been the better franchise over the past 17 years.

dg7md
05-07-2014, 03:33 AM
define great?

kobe was never a great player

Right... :drunk

FuzzyLumpkins
05-07-2014, 03:48 AM

Mavs used that pseudo-zone 3 wide across the circle to keep him out of the paint and allow his man to recover. it's the same look that Miami used to shut him down last year. Wall him off and try to steal any entry pass to the interior. Difference is that Miami had Bosh and James defending the pnr as opposed to Dallas' Dirk, Dalembert and Blair. Miami could hedge hard and recover.

I don't see the Blazers installing and executing it.

Brazil
05-07-2014, 06:27 AM
I try to stay away from the Parker hate now but that just doesnt make sense to me. Youre implying the injury was severe enough to make him look like shit early on against Dallas, yet at the same time it was an injury he was able to get over in a week while playing heavy minutes in games every other day?

I think its more reasonable to just concede that hes not a true superstar and that he wont bring the consistency those elite guys bring. Throw different looks at him defensively (taller defender, take away his shooters, pack the paint, etc) and hes likely to struggle--healthy or not.

just at look at the games, Parker was globally fine the first half and faded like a sunflower without sun the more the game advanced. It has been reported he had back spams plus ankle, I've seen playing enough to know when dude has an issue. With back spams you can be fine during a while and with the efforts it deteriorates. He couldn't finish a break with meters ahead of Dirk, sorry but does not compute.

from games 2-6 he played poorly, he did not use injuries card as an excuse, neither am I tbh, defense adjustments bothered him as much as injury. I'm just relieved he is capable now to play two times 35 mn with same level of energy, gas from mn 1 till the end. We all are seeing the difference he makes for this team when he is playing at his level.

if by superstars you mean dirk, Lebron... You are absolutely right.

Killakobe81
05-07-2014, 11:39 AM

Already was ...
Spurs OKC/LAC only legit contenders outside of South Beach.

Blazers win a game or two but that's it.

OKC might be less legit than Clips if they do not get their shit together. LOL Harden trade ...fleeced by an analytics nerd!

Horse
05-07-2014, 12:56 PM

God forbid you give the Spurs any credit. Put an asterik next to any sucess they've ever had. And the only reason the lakers rebuild so quick is because they are the golden child of the nba. Look no further than the gaysol trade the last time they sucked.

DMC
05-07-2014, 01:18 PM
God forbid you give the Spurs any credit. Put an asterik next to any sucess they've ever had. And the only reason the lakers rebuild so quick is because they are the golden child of the nba. Look no further than the gaysol trade the last time they sucked.

You're likely having a hyperglycemic, donut sugar induced psychotic episode brought about by your body's overproduction of insulin and the fat surrounding your heart and clogging your arteries making it even more dangerous for your well being. You should lie down and drink water. No doubt you're experiencing polyphagia as a result, causing a snowballing effect as you force more and more of these creamy donuts down your gullet.

Perry Mason
05-07-2014, 03:28 PM

"Rare instance card"? That's a loaded insult, not an intelligible category. By definition, all teams other than the eventual champion are "subpar" or "injured." And all teams have a player with an injury somewhere. I can de-legitimize almost any champion for any season using your "logic".

The Spurs' strategy since the end of the 2010 season has resulted in three 1-seeds and one 2-seed. They have gone to the Western Conference finals and then the Finals, where happenstance prevented a 5th championship. No "injury" or "subpar play" by Miami allowed the Spurs to take Miami to the very brink. The only other team to make the conference finals or the finals in the last two seasons is Miami.

The Spurs' strategy since 2011 is working better than any other available strategy. There are 30 NBA teams. Since 1990, only 8(!) teams have won a title. Only slightly more have made the finals. And yet the Spurs---a tiny market avoided by all big-name free agents---made the finals last year, and the conference finals the year before.

There are basically two strategies for championships; transcendent talent or team ball. However, they are not exclusive, so teams generally fall on a spectrum between the two. The Spurs relied more heavily on the transcendent talent of TD from 1999-2010. As that strategy began to fail them, they went to team-ball (and innovated in so doing).

Most fans, including presumably you, prefer to pursue brand-new transcendent talent as the primary strategy. And yet, every year virtually every other team pursues just that, and they fall flat on their face. Only 8 teams have won in 25 years! What are the chances you get the best talent? A once-in-a-generation talent is just that. So if you aren't the lucky SOB that drafts Duncan, Lebron or MJ, you are left with the only other viable strategy - team ball and the best players you can find. Obtaining a transcendent talent via free agency is the only other option, but good luck with that if you aren't the Lakers.

This isn't just some theory. In only the last 10 years, two teams have won championships using this approach, Detroit and Dallas. And the Spurs were at the cusp just last year. I can also make an argument for the 2008 Celtics. Otherwise, it's been the Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/Lebron show. The team-ball concept works even better when you have a transcendent talent on the latter half of his career, like Dallas with Dirk in 2011. And like so with the Spurs and Duncan.

Someday, the Spurs will blow it all up when they feel they no longer have good-enough talent to win with a team ball approach. Then, tanking and getting a top pick is the best option, despite providing a franchise only an infinitesimal chance that the pick ends up being a transcendent talent.

daslicer
05-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Most fans, including presumably you, prefer to pursue brand-new transcendent talent as the primary strategy. And yet, every year virtually every other team pursues just that, and they fall flat on their face. Only 8 teams have won in 25 years! What are the chances you get the best talent? A once-in-a-generation talent is just that. So if you aren't the lucky SOB that drafts Duncan, Lebron or MJ, you are left with the only other viable strategy - team ball and the best players you can find. Obtaining a transcendent talent via free agency is the only other option, but good luck with that if you aren't the Lakers.

I agree with what you said but would also like to add that its even harder for the Lakers to steal transcendent talent due to the new CBA. Had this CBA existed during the 90's there is no way the Lakers would have been able to steal Shaq from the magic considering Shaq would have been restricted FA under this CBA. Nowadays you have to wait 8 years to steal a top talented player considering the way the these rookie deals are set up. Miami was able to steal Lebron mainly because they had Wade in place to lure him had they not had him there is no way Lebron goes there. Doubt the Lakers will have a superstar in place to steal a once in generation player.

LA is a great location but it doesn't guarantee that they will be able to build a contender anytime soon. A lot of it depends on the management and how they build the team. Just look at the Knicks I would say NY is even a bigger destination then LA for players but the ownership has still managed to make a bunch of terrible moves the last 14 years that has resulted in mediocrity. They have given out max deals to the wrong type of players such as Marbury,Mello, that has resulted in only get out of the first round once. They have also done a plethora of stupid trades that didn't work out. I believe the Lakers will be no different then the Knicks since now they are run by idiots in Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak.

Even if they get the number 1 pick this year it still won't be enough to bring them back to glory. None of these guys in this draft are generation players like Lebron,Duncan,Shaq. With Kobe's terrible contract and the fact that no superstar wants to play with him has already handicapped them. With that being said my bold prediction is the Lakers aren't winning a title this decade. This decade will be pretty much like the 90's for the Lakers which means they will be irrelevant.

DMC
05-07-2014, 04:30 PM
"Rare instance card"? That's a loaded insult, not an intelligible category. By definition, all teams other than the eventual champion are "subpar" or "injured." And all teams have a player with an injury somewhere. I can de-legitimize almost any champion for any season using your "logic".

The Spurs' strategy since the end of the 2010 season has resulted in three 1-seeds and one 2-seed. They have gone to the Western Conference finals and then the Finals, where happenstance prevented a 5th championship. No "injury" or "subpar play" by Miami allowed the Spurs to take Miami to the very brink. The only other team to make the conference finals or the finals in the last two seasons is Miami.

The Spurs' strategy since 2011 is working better than any other available strategy. There are 30 NBA teams. Since 1990, only 8(!) teams have won a title. Only slightly more have made the finals. And yet the Spurs---a tiny market avoided by all big-name free agents---made the finals last year, and the conference finals the year before.

There are basically two strategies for championships; transcendent talent or team ball. However, they are not exclusive, so teams generally fall on a spectrum between the two. The Spurs relied more heavily on the transcendent talent of TD from 1999-2010. As that strategy began to fail them, they went to team-ball (and innovated in so doing).

This isn't just some theory. In only the last 10 years, two teams have won championships using this approach, Detroit and Dallas. And the Spurs were at the cusp just last year. I can also make an argument for the 2008 Celtics. Otherwise, it's been the Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/Lebron show. The team-ball concept works even better when you have a transcendent talent on the latter half of his career, like Dallas with Dirk in 2011. And like so with the Spurs and Duncan.

Someday, the Spurs will blow it all up when they feel they no longer have good-enough talent to win with a team ball approach. Then, tanking and getting a top pick is the best option, despite providing a franchise only an infinitesimal chance that the pick ends up being a transcendent talent.

The Spurs won 4 of those championships, and except for the Pistons, transcendent talent won the rest. Even Dirk is a transcendent talent, became untouchable in that post season. That equates to "rare occurrence" in years where Spurs were relying on team ball to win. So what's the issue with my use of the term?

Spurs don't have the best talent in the league. They don't have the most athletic players. They don't have the highest payroll. What they do have is a system that allows them to be as healthy as possible while maintaining a good record. That gets them some home court advantage in the playoffs. Imagine trying to win game 7 in Dallas, or having the 1st two games of the 2nd round in Portland. They've had luck being matched up with teams that are not at full strength, like in 2012, and they destroyed those teams yet were backdoor swept by a team with a worse regular season record but healthy players.

They are a strong team, but there's almost always a stronger team in the league on both sides of the Mississippi, and the Spurs bypass them through injuries or suspensions or whatever.

DAF86
05-07-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm still not fully confident on this year's TP. Truth be told Portland just didn't defend him at all last night. They went over the screen and the big man defending the pick and roll just packed the paint offering Tony wide open 16 footers all game long and he still missed a lot of shots. Last year's TP would have dropped 40 on that "defense" without even playing the 4th.

rogues
05-07-2014, 04:43 PM
:lol..

midnightpulp
05-11-2014, 12:57 AM
:tu

DMC
05-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Tony just doing what Tony does.

sook
05-11-2014, 01:07 AM
parker haters really test the bounds of low intelligence.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2014, 01:09 AM
parker haters really test the bounds of low intelligence.

explain the reason why a 17pts lead went down to single digits game 3 clown

lefty
05-11-2014, 01:25 AM
^
Exactly

Once again an Enriquesque 2nd half

HI-FI
05-11-2014, 01:28 AM
I got my issues with Parker as well but he's been something else lately. still heroballing too much in the second half, but least Pop got on his ass and cooler heads prevailed.

lefty
05-11-2014, 01:30 AM
LET'S WAIT AND SEE

sook
05-11-2014, 01:33 AM
explain the reason why a 17pts lead went down to single digits game 3 clown

Explain why the game was in double digits in the first place.

anyways you're the exception. Ironically, while you spew the most parker hate, you are the only person that is tolerable when doing so.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Explain why the game was in double digits in the first place.

anyways you're the exception. Ironically, while you spew the most parker hate, you are the only person that is tolerable when doing so.

so ur saying with double digit leads u can start to be reckless on the court? where you give the other team a chance to make a come back?....

FkLA
05-14-2014, 09:09 PM
So basically put a taller defender on Parker and there's a good chance he goes into the fetal position. What a bitch tbh.

Jacob1983
05-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Best point guard in the NBA probably the last 10 years.

FkLA
05-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Best point guard in the NBA probably the last 10 years.*

*Unless he's being defended by someone 6-5 or taller

fify jake the snake

midnightpulp
05-25-2014, 09:55 PM
And he's back to being called Enrique again.

ElNono
05-25-2014, 10:05 PM
And he's back to being called Enrique again.

:lol Gino sure as hell isn't bailing him out again... he better get this game out of his system quick

benefactor
05-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Better he does it in this game and not in a game 5 where the Spurs would have to go back to OKC to try to close it out.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2014, 10:10 PM
u asslickers still believing in this clown...lmao

lefty
05-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Best point guard in the NBA probably the last 10 years.

Clipper Nation
05-25-2014, 10:36 PM
Hoops Czar upstairs with the :cry but but Finals MVP against Boobie Gibson!!! :cry bads :lol

As I've said before, Enrique and Choke Paul are basically one and the same, tbh... Enrique was just lucky enough to get drafted into a better situation AND to have Speedy Claxton and Steve Kerr to clean up his mess so he could coattail-ride to a couple rings early in his career :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-26-2014, 12:59 AM
enriques quote for the playoffs, all or nothing will be another wasted season

i guess his living upto his words as always

midnightpulp
06-05-2014, 10:51 PM
He is Tony Fuckin' Parker right now and not Enrique.

Solid game and big balls three to seal it.

lefty
06-05-2014, 10:54 PM
He is Tony Fuckin' Parker right now and not Enrique.

Solid game and big balls three to seal it.
Yeah it was such a clutch 3

Not

And he played well be because he passed the ballto the Alphas

Tim_duncan21
06-05-2014, 10:59 PM
No Enrique tonight.. maybe some shed on the last few minutes

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2014, 11:38 PM
game 1

mario chalmers in foul trouble, yet still enrique still force to be a jumpshooter i think he scored like 10pts b4 he padded his stats in the final 2minutes when l3bron went out...to finish with something like 18-19pts

clearly the heat is using the same tactics from day 1 forcing him to be a shooter...clearly it worked,

this guy is a bonafide selfish prick, spurs were playin fine if he continue to keep the ball and setup plays, but no he had to be in enrique mode and allow the heat back into the game...

duncan all game had good position down low posts, yet clown goes away from him or just over dribbles waiting for the help defense to come close duncan out so he can do what he does best, over dribble for a turnover or chuck up a hero shot...just selfish play

DAF86
06-05-2014, 11:41 PM
We can get the job done with this Tony. I just wish he would cut it down a bit with the innecesary one on threes when we are on a good run. Those are momentum killers.

KL2
06-05-2014, 11:43 PM
He killed the momentum a couple of times, right as SA was starting to put together some runs, it greatly affected the offense, but overall a good job. His sprained ankle is somewhat a blessing in disguise, it forces him to create more.

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2014, 12:05 AM
enrique is always about himself or nothing else

there is no excuse to be shiited on by mario chalmers even in foul trouble, enrique didnt do shit till lebron went out

that 3rd quarter performance by him was just disgusting basketball,

spurs play fine if this pos isnt hero balling, how hard is it just to keep the ball and look for open players who are better at shooting, but no it has to be all about him and only him...we can afford to play 4 on 5 out there with him doing nothing, same as lebron playin 1on5 out there...it cancels both situations ou t....