PDA

View Full Version : Am I stupid, or what?

Wild Cobra
05-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Yes, I know I'm inviting all you trolls out there, but I made a mistake. I made an online order without checking the supplier. I already have a Sunpentown SD-652 Mini-Dehumidifier that I ordered last year through Sears. Well, I went to sears online again, and found one for much less than I paid for the first one. It is the same model number but only $48.36, so I ordered three more. After a week of having no email status for delivery, I contacted sears about this. They said some of their suppliers will take longer than others, but this is the first time I didn't have a tracking number in just a few days. Finally, on the 2nd, I get an email with a tracking number. There is still not status on this tracking order. I went back to the sears site and found this supplier no longer has the item at the price listed before, but now lists it at 159.95:

http://www.sears.com/sunpentown-sd-652-mini-dehumidifier/p-SPM9873096120?prdNo=11&blockNo=61&blockType=G61

This seems odd to me because I went to the manufacturer web site and they list it as discontinued. I did however need a replacement part for another product so I ordered it along with the SD-350TI dehumidifier for $85.00. At least I will have a second dehumidifier shortly.

I figure Action Packaged, Inc. will try to wiggle out of my order somehow. Last year when i checked, Walmart didn't have these. However, I later noted Walmart has these also, so I ordered two more site to store at $59.99 each. Not going to cancel my order from Sunpentown, it was my mistake even though $25 more. I know now I will have three more dehumidifiers.

I suspect Action Packaged, Inc. will only send me one, ask for more money, cancel my order or something after checking them farther, and finding this at the Sears site:

http://www.sears.com/search=?rioptype=SRS&eml=&sellerId=4019

the reviews are to the right, and only 11 of 80 are positive. This is a somewhat typical review:

By shaynagal from El Paso, TXSeller charged my credit card and generated a tracking # a few days later like it had shipped. After some time of not receiving the package and emailing them, it was discovered that it was a dummy tracking # and they did not have the product at all, even though they indicated it was an in stock item. After a few weeks of going back & forth, I was finally able to get a refund. However, they should have never charged me to begin with and should have been up front that they no longer had the item. Very Poor Business Practice!

In my case, I am going to stick to my guns and demand I get the products I ordered since they still have adds selling it. I'm going to call them in the morning and go from there. If I dislike the results, I will contact Sears again, have them review their reviews on the customers and ask them to promoting Action Packaged, Inc. on their site.

Am I stupid? I should have read reviews about the company first. However, this is my first time ever had such issues ordering through the Sears web site. That's why I use Sears. I consider their online services reliable.

Blake
05-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Lol Sears

Katherine Robinson
05-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Everybody makes a mistake, such as including a street number on a public picture.

The Reckoning
05-07-2014, 12:45 AM
always look at reviews first (barring outliers)

FuzzyLumpkins
05-07-2014, 01:06 AM
At no point was there ever any doubt.

Blake
05-07-2014, 09:11 AM
always look at reviews first (barring outliers)

I heavily rely on reviews. I trust them more than BBB grades.

TeyshaBlue
05-07-2014, 10:02 AM
At no point was there ever any doubt.

Co-signed.

DMC
05-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Probably a black guy running the shipping department.

CuckingFunt
05-07-2014, 12:43 PM
You are stupid.

You may also be what.

Wild Cobra
05-07-2014, 12:55 PM
You are stupid.

You may also be what.
LOL...

At least this is a more intelligent response than others have had!

DJR210
05-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Lol, how is Sears not Bankrupt yet..

InRareForm
05-07-2014, 06:36 PM
cliffs notes please

Big Empty
05-07-2014, 08:16 PM
whats a dehumiliater

Franklin
05-08-2014, 01:12 AM
Being a lifelong highschool graduate speaks for itself.

Wild Cobra
05-08-2014, 03:47 PM
This turned out just like I thought.

The trolls couldn't stay away.

Wild Cobra
05-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Well, somebody matched my stupidity.

I just received my shipment from the manufacturer. I ordered one dehumidifier and two of another product. They sent me two of each! They gave me a free $85 dehumidifier.

Now you guys are going to call me even more stupid. I'm contemplating to contact them and offer them some more money for it, but not full price. The downside of it is, I don't want to get en employee in trouble for what is probably an honest mistake. The shipping list even lists a quantity of one.

DMC
05-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Well, somebody matched my stupidity.

I just received my shipment from the manufacturer. I ordered one dehumidifier and two of another product. They sent me two of each! They gave me a free $85 dehumidifier.

Now you guys are going to call me even more stupid. I'm contemplating to contact them and offer them some more money for it, but not full price. The downside of it is, I don't want to get en employee in trouble for what is probably an honest mistake. The shipping list even lists a quantity of one.

Whatever you decide, don't tell us about it. Some things in life, like breakfast, taking a shit and receiving an order you placed... they don't need to be dragged into a group discussion. Just an FYI. I'm guessing your wife won't play with you though, so you feel compelled to post this shit here.

pgardn
05-10-2014, 08:01 PM
So now that you got hundreds of dehumidifiers going may I suggest a couple of cartons of Chapstick.
Your eyes might shrivel as well so eye lubricant.

On the bright side it will be really easy to hang road kill up for some good jerky.

Wild Cobra
05-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Whatever you decide, don't tell us about it. Some things in life, like breakfast, taking a shit and receiving an order you placed... they don't need to be dragged into a group discussion. Just an FYI. I'm guessing your wife won't play with you though, so you feel compelled to post this shit here.
Better yet, just don't come back to this thread. It's your choice not to participate or not.

Or... Are you suggesting I have power over your actions?

Wild Cobra
05-11-2014, 08:16 AM
So now that you got hundreds of dehumidifiers going may I suggest a couple of cartons of Chapstick.
Your eyes might shrivel as well so eye lubricant.

On the bright side it will be really easy to hang road kill up for some good jerky.
These dehumidifiers are for smaller areas, so effectively one per room. The 652 model under the best of conditions, removes 650 mL/water per day. The 350 model removes up to 350 mL/day. These ratings are bases on 86F and 80% humidity. I prefer a more arid climate like Arizona, but love the green beauty of Oregon. This last summer was just too warm and humid. Its usually not so humid in the summer here. I felt like I was in the southeast. My purpose of ordering so many was to place another in the house and give them out to family that liked it. These solid state type will not drop the humidity to zero, but they will take the air to below 20% humidity, maybe below 15%. It gets pretty damp here in the northwest.

I think I'm also going to try one of this model:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/13/1328c2d5-3b75-45dd-8418-7f8716d19881_400.jpg (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Perfect-Home-4-Pint-Dehumidifier-EWDH4/202261882?N=5yc1vZc4l8Z2bcq1cZ2bcq1d)

link in pic

xmas1997
05-11-2014, 11:45 AM
If you had been one of the Blake posters on here this would have been an easy question to answer.
No one is stupider than the village idiot.