PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: Trail Blazers taught a Game 1 lesson by the stonecutting Spurs

ElNono
05-07-2014, 01:29 AM
SAN ANTONIO — Maybe you wished for a bout of amnesia as you went to bed on Tuesday night. Or that you'd wake up Wednesday with a mulligan. Or maybe you just clicked the heels of your sneakers together and hoped James Harden would suddenly reappear.

Instead, just this: Spurs 116, Blazers 92.

It's not going away.

Game 1 wasn't a game at all. But before we declare the series over and Portland done, take a tour of the San Antonio locker room with me.

Because on the wall between the lockers of residents Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili there is posted a beautifully framed quotation from social reformer and early 1900s journalist Jacob Riis.

It reads:

"When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it --- but all that had gone before."

Down the hallway as you exit the locker room this same Riis quote is also posted in French, Spanish and Portuguese. I'm thinking Spurs coach Gregg Popovich doesn't want any of his players to miss it, but today, it's the Blazers who might want to sneak in and absorb the lesson.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2014/05/canzano_trail_blazers_taught_a.html

Chinook
05-07-2014, 01:42 AM
:cry B-but Lillard had extra motivation for tonight's game :cry

AchillesHeel
05-07-2014, 01:43 AM
tlongII

TDMVPDPOY
05-07-2014, 02:17 AM
that blow.....was meant to be 6

instead we are going onto the 8th year enrique has been in charge with nothing to show for it....

hater
05-07-2014, 04:25 PM
not the fucking stone bullshit again :pctoss