PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: S Marion: It won’t take much to bring me back, I’ve made a lot of money in my carrer

scanry
05-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Shawn Marion: It won’t take much to bring me back, I’ve made a lot of money in my carrer

Shawn Marion doesn’t appear too concerned about becoming a free agent on July 1.

The veteran Mavericks forward was asked during Monday’s exit interviews what it will take for him to remain in Dallas. His response: “Not too much.” A quick chuckle immediately followed.
The four-time All-Star said he likes the city, the fans and the Mavs franchise. Heck, Marion even said the local media is “awesome.”

“It’s like a family here,” he added. “I’m going to weigh my options out and see what it’s going to take for me to get another championship ring. I’d love to add to the ring I have. I’m going to retire here regardless. I’m going to be a Dallas local here in the coming years. I’m going to make this my home.”

Marion didn’t completely shut down the possibility of playing for another team, but it’s clear that the Mavericks are his preference.

“It’s not about money right now,” Marion said. “I’ve made a lot of money in my career. I’ve been truly blessed. I take none of this for granted.

“We’re going to see what’s out there and what’s available. I’m just going to weigh it out. I’m going to put it in God’s hands.”

Marion, who has played 15 seasons, says he has a couple more years left before he retires.

He started 76 games this season, averaging 10.4 points and 6.5 rebounds. In Dallas’ seven-game first-round playoff series, Marion averaged 8.4 points and 5.3 rebounds while playing roughly 28 minutes per game.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/05/shawn-marion-it-wont-take-much-to-bring-me-back-ive-made-a-lot-of-money-in-my-career.html/

Kyle Orton
05-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Still a decent SF despite his age and shitty offense. One of out better defenders and I would love to bring him back for near the minimum if he wants to come off the bench.

benefactor
05-07-2014, 06:19 AM
As far as cheap bench help goes, the Mavs could do much worse...especially if he's willing to come back for close to the minimum.

Franklin
05-07-2014, 06:37 AM
If he settles for something near minimum then Dallas would be his No.1 option as we learn from his personal quotes in the OP. He's the only other extant player (besides Dirk) of the 11' champion squad, loyalty... :cry

Devin will also remain in Dallas next season, even for shitty minimum pay. Them guys love the team and the city :cry

Koolaid_Man
05-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Let's face it...dude has nothing else going on in his life...he's a waste of space and should be playing in China somewhere...only Mark Cuban would resign such a bum...Marion on the court is like a Dolphin that don't know how to swim....gtfo Marion with your wack ass game...of course you'd play for peanuts...:lol

Franklin
05-07-2014, 07:22 AM
Dude was part of our 11' champion squad for that alone he deserves a lifetime reward, at least no one is going to pay him 49m/2yr anyway.

Koolaid_Man
05-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Dude was part of our 11' champion squad for that alone he deserves a lifetime reward, at least no one is going to pay him 49m/2yr anyway.

that's why you cheer for a shit franchise...you guys have no aspirations for greatness...who re-signs a scrub like Shawn....dude is like Juwon Howard just holding on to get an NBA paycheck and to have his family think he's still relevant at family reunions....dude's game is WACK as fuck...he'sa big reason yall wet the fucking bed against Tammy Tits and Co.

spurraider21
05-07-2014, 01:49 PM
that's why you cheer for a shit franchise...you guys have no aspirations for greatness...who re-signs a scrub like Shawn....dude is like Juwon Howard just holding on to get an NBA paycheck and to have his family think he's still relevant at family reunions....dude's game is WACK as fuck...he'sa big reason yall wet the fucking bed against Tammy Tits and Co.
Your team gave a scrub a 49 million dollar deal who at this point is a less athletic nick young

Chinook
05-07-2014, 02:04 PM
He'd be a fine bench forward in SA.

ambchang
05-07-2014, 02:44 PM

Marion: 10.4ppg/6.5rpg/1.6apg/1.2spg/0.5bpg/4.3WS/2.1DWS. Made $9.3 M this year, asking for nothing next year.
Kobe: 13.8ppg/4.3rpg/6.3rpg/1.2spg/0.2bpg/-0.4WS/0.1DWS. (Yes, Kobe had a NEGATIVE win share this year with his 6 games played) Made $30.5 M this year, will make $48.5M combined the next two.

:cry Lakers are so aspirational
:cry Kobe is the best eva

Sportstudi
05-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Marion: 10.4ppg/6.5rpg/1.6apg/1.2spg/0.5bpg/4.3WS/2.1DWS. Made $9.3 M this year, asking for nothing next year.
Kobe: 13.8ppg/4.3rpg/6.3rpg/1.2spg/0.2bpg/-0.4WS/0.1DWS. (Yes, Kobe had a NEGATIVE win share this year with his 6 games played) Made $30.5 M this year, will make $48.5M combined the next two.

:cry Lakers are so aspirational
:cry Kobe is the best eva

:lmao

Infinite_limit
05-07-2014, 11:08 PM
"Should sign with the Heat"

FkLA
05-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Honestly his inflated numbers in Phoenix and bad contract made him really underappreciated throughout most of his career. Id take this guy on the Spurs any day. Come to SA, Marion.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-08-2014, 12:00 AM
An intelligent coach that gets the most out of his players and an owner with deep pockets, who prioritizes winning over profits and advocates for his players. I can understand why he feels that way.

MI21
05-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Thought he was quite overrated for a large part of his career but certainly underrated during his tenure in Dallas.

jag
05-08-2014, 06:42 PM
30.5 Million

:lmao