PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fat People against Barkley

djohn2oo8
05-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Two powerful obesity organizations are having a hard time stomaching Charles Barkley's offensive comments about fat women in San Antonio ... and now they're calling for Sir Charles to apologize.
Barkley lashed out against the big boned community in S.A. on "Inside the NBA" last night -- saying, "Some big ol' women down there ... that's a gold mine for Weight Watchers."

He also said, "Victoria is definitely a secret [in San Antonio] ... they can't wear no Victoria's Secret down there."

The statements are not sitting well with the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance which is now calling for Chuck to apologize, ASAP.

"Making slurs about body size is just as offensive as making comments about body color," spokesperson Peggy Howell tells TMZ Sports.

"One would think being a black man, he'd be more sensitive to having his physical body criticized. It's totally out of line. He should absolutely apologize."

The President of the Obesity Action Coalition has also issued a statement expressing "extreme disappointment" with Charles.

"As a former NBA player and sports entertainment figure, Mr. Barkley should encourage equality and respect among society and not look to shame or segment one population because of their size."

"Obesity is a serious medical condition and not a joking matter."

We reached out to Charles for comment -- so far, no word back.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/07/charles-barkley-fat-groups-furious-over-anti-obese-comments/#continued

Chinook
05-07-2014, 02:47 PM
:lol People are stupid. Who cares what one fat person says about another?

djohn2oo8
05-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I like how they say "medical condition" and completely leave out the choice to lose weight :lol

freetiago
05-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Feminists are the downfall of civilized society tbh..

MeloHype
05-07-2014, 03:03 PM
:lol

rogues
05-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Feminists are the downfall of civilized society tbh..
Organizations for fags as well..

rogues
05-07-2014, 03:06 PM
:lmao "National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance"

The Reckoning
05-07-2014, 03:11 PM
National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance

you have to be shitting me

Malik Hairston
05-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Wow, I thought this was an Onion article, tbh:lol..

The Reckoning
05-07-2014, 03:12 PM
"Obesity is a serious medical condition and not a joking matter."

lies. the only really fat fucks i've ever seen are in texas.

Trainwreck2100
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
He never uses the word fat for a reason. These people in San need to learn how to take a joke

Findog
05-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Hey I have an idea: all that energy devoted to fighting for "fat acceptance" as a keyboard jockey, maybe you could exercise and eat healthy and lose weight? The vast majority of overweight people are that way because of bad diet and lack of exercise, basically running a caloric surplus. Very few can point to a medical condition or a medication that they take.

I mean, because we've had an epidemic of people with thyroid disorders over the last 30 years? It couldn't be all the processed garbage being eaten and the sedentary lifestyles, could it?

Floyd Pacquiao
05-07-2014, 03:23 PM
:lol "obesity organization", this country is finished

benstanfield
05-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Obesity leads to serious medical conditions and can sometimes be caused by serious medical conditions, but is in fact a lifestyle choice. Unfortunately it is also politically incorrect to make fun of lifestyle choices.

It's such a stupid game to tell people to be serious and not make fun of certain things. What does it say about our culture that we have organizations devoted to telling people to be serious and not make fun of certain things?

Obesity in SA and Texas in General is a demonstrable fact. Racial superiority is not. Nice comparison, association for don't make fun of lardos. Their point is so self defeating. "Don't imply that fat people are somehow worse off than fit people, or that their lifestyle is somehow less desirable, because fat people have a serious medical condition!" Okay.

The Reckoning
05-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Obesity leads to serious medical conditions and can sometimes be caused by serious medical conditions, but is in fact a lifestyle choice. Unfortunately it is also politically incorrect to make fun of lifestyle choices.

all but smokers. if you're a smoker, you're as evil as satan.

Trainwreck2100
05-07-2014, 03:27 PM

It's such a stupid game to tell people to be serious and not make fun of certain things. What does it say about our culture that we have organizations devoted to telling people to be serious and not make fun of certain things?

Obesity in SA and Texas in General is a demonstrable fact. Racial superiority is not. Nice comparison, association for don't make fun of lardos. Their point is so self defeating. "Don't imply that fat people are somehow worse off than fit people, or that their lifestyle is somehow less desirable, because fat people have a serious medical condition!" Okay.

And having a serious medical condition is usually less than desirable

benstanfield
05-07-2014, 03:27 PM
all but smokers. if you're a smoker, you're as evil as satan.

It's like calling smoking a serious medical condition. These people don't understand causality.

djohn2oo8
05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance

you have to be shitting me
Why Should I Support NAAFA?Fat people are discriminated against in all aspects of daily life, from employment to education to access to public accommodations, and even access to adequate medical care. This discrimination occurs despite evidence that 95 to 98 percent of diets fail over five years and that 65 million Americans are labeled “obese.” Our thin-obsessed society firmly believes that fat people are at fault for their size and it is politically correct to stigmatize and ridicule them. Fat discrimination is one of the last publicly accepted discriminatory practices. Fat people have rights and they need to be upheld!

NAAFA’s message of size acceptance and self-acceptance is often overshadowed by a $49 billion-a-year diet industry that has a vested economic interest in perpetuating discrimination against fat people. Without active financial support from people like you, NAAFA would not exist and could not fulfill its crucial role defending your rights. While it is an uphill battle to achieve our goals, together we are making a difference.
Our VisionA society in which people of every size are accepted with dignity and equality in all aspects of life.

Our MissionTo eliminate discrimination based on body size and provide fat people with the tools for self-empowerment though public education, advocacy, and support.

http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/about/ (http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/about/)

:lol Pure fucking gold. I thought it was a joke.

Trainwreck2100
05-07-2014, 03:33 PM
It's like calling smoking a serious medical condition. These people don't understand causality.

But...... But....... Mah failed diets.

timtonymanu
05-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Is this for real? :lmao

Fpoonsie
05-07-2014, 04:19 PM
While it is an uphill battle to achieve our goals

They're fucked.

LkrFan
05-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Victoria is definitely a secret in San Antonio

:lmao

05-07-2014, 04:50 PM
hopefully I'm toasting in a roll bread rn

hater
05-07-2014, 04:55 PM
:lol People are stupid. Who cares what one fat person says about another?

agree :lol almost as stupid as ppl making a big deal about that owner who said he didn't want black ppl in his games :lmao

Venti Quattro
05-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Fat on fat violence... What a heart-stopping encounter!

DMC
05-07-2014, 05:01 PM
National Association to Accept Lazy Overeaters or NAALO

DMC
05-07-2014, 05:03 PM
DIETING AND THE DIET INDUSTRY

NAAFA'S OFFICIAL POSITION:

Dieting for the sole purpose of losing weight rarely achieves permanent weight loss and can
result in negative health consequences. Laws and regulations protecting the consumer are
nonexistent or remain unenforced. Since people undertaking diets are rarely given sufficient
information to allow them to give true informed consent, the National Association to Advance

Fat Acceptance strongly discourages participation in weight-reduction diets. :lmao Further, NAAFA
strongly condemns any diet marketing strategy based on guilt and fear. Such approaches
cause untold suffering to fat people by ruining their self-esteem and by perpetuating negative
stereotypes. NAAFA demands that local, state and federal governments regulate the diet
industry to protect the consumer from misleading claims regarding safety and long-term
effectiveness.

NAAFA ADVOCATES:
• That local, state and federal legislatures introduce, pass, enact, and enforce legislation
which protects consumers against dangerous or ineffective diets and misleading diet
advertising. (of course being morbidly obese isn't dangerous at all)

• That state and federal regulatory agencies adopt regulations and closely monitor and
control all aspects of the $58 billion+* diet industry. (only a fraction of what the food industry makes from selling burgers to these cows)

• That all commercials for weight-loss diets and diet products be banned from radio and
television. The lack of product success, negative health consequences and the
extreme negative impact of anti-fat propaganda on the self-esteem and quality of life of
fat people results in discrimination against people of size. (but it's ok to continue advertising for Golden Coral)

• That federal regulations require all diets and weight-loss products to clearly display a
health warning (similar to those found on cigarettes) regarding possible hazards and
side effects.(yet no health warnings on the 40lbs of bacon they eat per week)

spurraider21
05-07-2014, 05:04 PM
:cry i need the gubbamint to tell me what to eat

DMC
05-07-2014, 05:09 PM
This has to be all orchestrated by a group of lawyers. Fat people are generally too fucking lazy to do it.

FkLA
05-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Fat Acceptance strongly discourages participation in weight-reduction diets. :lmao Further, NAAFA
strongly condemns any diet marketing strategy based on guilt and fear. Such approaches
cause untold suffering to fat people by ruining their self-esteem and by perpetuating negative
stereotypes. NAAFA demands that local, state and federal governments regulate the diet
industry to protect the consumer from misleading claims regarding safety and long-term
effectiveness.

:lol wtf

Venti Quattro
05-07-2014, 05:17 PM
They're fucked.

:lmao :lmao

LkrFan
05-07-2014, 05:31 PM
This has to be all orchestrated by a group of lawyers. Fat people are generally too fucking lazy to do it.
:lol

Malice
05-07-2014, 06:42 PM
:lol "obesity organization", this country is finished

TBH

koriwhat
05-07-2014, 06:47 PM
so many health concerns for bigger people and yet they want acceptance, accept the fact that you're killing yourself and do something about it. don''t get mad at another big person, barkley, because he speaks the truth but never looks at himself in the mirror or the truth will speak back to him.

Captivus
05-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Fat Acceptance strongly discourages participation in weight-reduction diets. :lmao

Where does this organization get their funds?
If fat people donate then...well..that explains that sentence.

elmanutres
05-07-2014, 10:14 PM
these fat fucks probably use the motor scooters at walmart cause they are to lazy to walk around when the scooters are meant for people with disabilites/old people

ElNono
05-07-2014, 10:17 PM
these fat fucks probably use the motor scooters at walmart cause they are to lazy to walk around when the scooters are meant for people with disabilites/old people

:lol hate those...

Thebesteva
05-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Soon enough, amazingly handsome doctors that get pussy are going to be minorities too. :cry its offensive to judge winners

LakerHater
05-08-2014, 12:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnFsdkhIMAAgvlR.jpg:large (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnFsdkhIMAAgvlR.jpg:large)

MeloHype
05-08-2014, 12:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnFsdkhIMAAgvlR.jpg:large (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnFsdkhIMAAgvlR.jpg:large)
http://i.imgur.com/2EyLjeQ.gif

Jacob1983
05-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Is this an old article? Barkley has been talking shit about the women in San Antonio for years. Old news.

Fat acceptance? You shittin me? I'm fucking fat but I don't think fatness should be accepted. Being fat is unhealthy and not good. The fat gene should be eradicated from the human race.

monosylab1k
05-08-2014, 01:08 AM
"Making slurs about body size is just as offensive as making comments about body color," spokesperson Peggy Howell tells TMZ Sports.

:lmao

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 01:10 AM
Is this an old article? Barkley has been talking shit about the women in San Antonio for years. Old news.

Fat acceptance? You shittin me? I'm fucking fat but I don't think fatness should be accepted. Being fat is unhealthy and not good. The fat gene should be eradicated from the human race.
:lmao fat gene
:lmao lazy

response: :cry but my parents are fat, and so were my grandparents

yeah thats because you fuckers eat fried cheeseballs and shit all day and don't exercise. your shitty meals/cookbooks are passed down, not fat genes

rogues
05-08-2014, 01:11 AM
:lol Fat Jake

ElNono
05-08-2014, 01:15 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/34qnuh0.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/25p1chc.jpg

Jacob1983
05-08-2014, 01:23 AM
I don't eatfried cheeseballs, ass fuck. And I do get exercise. Can any of you peckers go up and down ladders, push metal carts, pick up and load 40 pound bags of dog food? Can any of you pull a bale out of a baler? Can you pick up 20 pound wooden pallet with your bare hands? I do that shit for at least 7 hours per shift. Thank you and choke on Barkley's jizz.
Be grateful I don't have connections with Satan. Scary but also amazing to think of what I would be like if I had supernatural abilities.

Franklin
05-08-2014, 01:35 AM
"Making slurs about body size is just as offensive as making comments about body color,"

Why hasn't DPG taken note of this yet, tbh?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-08-2014, 01:51 AM
I don't eatfried cheeseballs, ass fuck. And I do get exercise. Can any of you peckers go up and down ladders, push metal carts, pick up and load 40 pound bags of dog food? Can any of you pull a bale out of a baler? Can you pick up 20 pound wooden pallet with your bare hands? I do that shit for at least 7 hours per shift. Thank you and choke on Barkley's jizz.
Be grateful I don't have connections with Satan. Scary but also amazing to think of what I would be like if I had supernatural abilities.

Walmart employee? Five figure Republicans make me laugh.

Jacob1983
05-08-2014, 01:55 AM
Whatever fucker. Hope you lose everything.

mavsfan1000
05-08-2014, 02:11 AM
Barkley was fucking hilarious tonight. Fat people can't take a joke? Maybe that will inspire them to not become one of those stereotypes.

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 02:28 AM
Can any of you peckers go up and down ladders
i think any human being with 4 limbs can

push metal carts
yes, this is how people go shopping in general

pick up and load 40 pound bags of dog food?
lol bench pressing the fucking bar alone is 45 pounds. i'm sure middle aged women buy those 40 pound bags for their dogs... i hardly constitute that as getting exercise

Can any of you pull a bale out of a baler?
honestly, i've never tried. i live in the city. based on the ease of the other tasks you've mentioned so far, i'm going to say yeah, i can

Can you pick up 20 pound wooden pallet with your bare hands?
absolutely

Be grateful I don't have connections with Satan.
you should get a connection with your local weight watchers sales representative first tbh

Scary but also amazing to think of what I would be like if I had supernatural abilities.
same could be said for every living and nonliving thing in the universe

Jacob1983
05-08-2014, 02:49 AM
If I was ever to acquire supernatural abilities, I'd be highly tempted to just to start throwing people up against walls and/or ripping their jawbones off. It's dark but I've got a lot of anger in me so yep it happens.
Trust me, a lot of people can't do manual labor including some of you ass fucks. The only soreness some of you ass fucks get at your job is from your butts being on a cushioned chair behind a desk for 8 hours a day. I do more manual labor in a day than some people do in a month. Thank you.

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 02:50 AM
If I was ever to acquire supernatural abilities, I'd be highly tempted to just to start throwing people up against walls and/or ripping their jawbones off. It's dark but I've got a lot of anger in me so yep it happens.
Trust me, a lot of people can't do manual labor including some of you ass fucks. The only soreness some of you ass fucks get at your job is from your butts being on a cushioned chair behind a desk for 8 hours a day. I do more manual labor in a day than some people do in a month. Thank you.
i'd love to see you keep an accurate log of everything you eat in a 2 week period and post it here. keyword being accurate

FuzzyLumpkins
05-08-2014, 02:50 AM
Whatever fucker. Hope you lose everything.

:lol Manual laborers for the GOP!

Jacob1983
05-08-2014, 02:58 AM
I'm not with the GOP but whatever.

Hold the damn phone, I never said I ate healthy. I'm not stupid. I know I eat junk. I am a weak person. If I wasn't doing manual labor, I'd probably be Jabba the Hut.

When I mentioned the fat gene, I wasn't saying that it's 100 percent the fault of genetics fault.
I was just saying that it makes it a lot harder to be healthy especially when it comes to weight. People that have the fat gene have to work twice as hard as people that do not have the fat gene when it comes to losing weight.
I know people love to bring up Hitler but bad genes serve no purpose. There is no reason bad genes should exist.

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 03:21 AM
I'm not with the GOP but whatever.

Hold the damn phone, I never said I ate healthy. I'm not stupid. I know I eat junk. I am a weak person. If I wasn't doing manual labor, I'd probably be Jabba the Hut.

When I mentioned the fat gene, I wasn't saying that it's 100 percent the fault of genetics fault.
I was just saying that it makes it a lot harder to be healthy especially when it comes to weight. People that have the fat gene have to work twice as hard as people that do not have the fat gene when it comes to losing weight.
I know people love to bring up Hitler but bad genes serve no purpose. There is no reason bad genes should exist.
you can't use genes as a copout if you admittedly eat unhealthy. most of the time, your diet is passed on from parents, ie you eat the same type of stuff. if your parents are fat too (you said you have 'the fat gene' so this isn't a guess, really), there's a good chance that like you, they eat like shit, which explains their weight issues.

fatness isn't a generational thing. you inherited your shitty diet, thats it. the only time fatness is genetic is if you have hormone problems, and thats a very small percentage of fat people. don't blame the genes, its a lazy man's excuse

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2014, 03:55 AM
those idiots should watch barkleys nike add during the 90s, his no role model like he said, so stfu

Fpoonsie
05-08-2014, 08:17 AM
i think any human being with 4 limbs can

yes, this is how people go shopping in general

lol bench pressing the fucking bar alone is 45 pounds. i'm sure middle aged women buy those 40 pound bags for their dogs... i hardly constitute that as getting exercise

honestly, i've never tried. i live in the city. based on the ease of the other tasks you've mentioned so far, i'm going to say yeah, i can

absolutely

you should get a connection with your local weight watchers sales representative first tbh

same could be said for every living and nonliving thing in the universe

Heh. This was pretty great.

Leetonidas
05-08-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm sure the average 12 year old girl could do that shit dude :lol

Phallusy
05-08-2014, 09:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKenYrbw40
Shaq trolling him at the end and Chuck ain't even aware of it

Banzai
05-08-2014, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvEDBeNsRUQ

TDfan2007
05-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Yes, yes, and yes. This whole story is hilariously pathetic.

TDfan2007
05-08-2014, 02:51 PM

Strange post. Everything that you mentioned is extremely easy for an adult to do. Obviously it e could get annoying/somewhat tiring over the course of a full shift though. Also, it sounds like you're burning quite a few calories at work, so maybe try seeing a nutritionist to fix your diet.

TDfan2007
05-08-2014, 03:15 PM
The fact that the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance exists and has enough notoriety to get national press is pathetic. Stop eating so much, be a little more active, and the results will be there.

Genetics play a factor, but an individual will rarely be obese while maintaining a proper eating and exercise regimen. These people seriously need to stfu...

DMC
05-08-2014, 03:18 PM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-52d9ec18/turbine/la-la-oe-0119-ask-aks-jpg-20140117/2048/1553x2048

Double-Up
05-08-2014, 03:19 PM
The fact that the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance exists and has enough notoriety to get national press is pathetic. Stop eating so much, be a little more active, and the results will be there.

Genetics play a factor, but an individual will rarely be obese while maintaining a proper eating and exercise regimen. These people seriously need to stfu...

The fact that it was established in 1969 is even more astounding.

Budkin
05-08-2014, 03:32 PM
SesbcXSEvU8

PingPong
05-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Put these obese people side by side in a airplane seat row and tell them to talk about acceptance.

jag
05-08-2014, 04:03 PM
This discrimination occurs despite evidence that 95 to 98 percent of diets fail over five years and that 65 million Americans are labeled “obese.” Our thin-obsessed society firmly believes that fat people are at fault for their size and it is politically correct to stigmatize and ridicule them. Fat discrimination is one of the last publicly accepted discriminatory practices. Fat people have rights and they need to be upheld!

You have the right to NOT order that sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle every morning.

Splits
05-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Holy shit this thread. And :lol Jacob you fat fuck

Jacob1983
05-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Fuck you.

Franklin
05-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Holy shit this thread. And :lol Jacob you fat fuck
How do you know he's fat, tbh?

Jacob1983
05-09-2014, 01:02 AM
Because I said I was fat. You guys don't even know if I was telling the truth or how fat I am if I am indeed fat. Some of you are pieces of shit and you know who you are. If you want to talk shit, be ready for my wrath.

Franklin
05-09-2014, 01:12 AM
Because I said I was fat. You guys don't even know if I was telling the truth or how fat I am if I am indeed fat. Some of you are pieces of shit and you know who you are. If you want to talk shit, be ready for my wrath.
Nope, bro, I never wanted to talk shit about you and never will. As most people know in this place, I'm one and probably the only one genuine sympathizer of yours because I'm also a lifelong celibate just as you are. You're an "old" virgin but I want you to know that you're not alone, and to feel proud of the way of life we've chosen. We don't need to live for them pussies. There are very few people who're smart enough to abstain from their natural desires, and luckily you and I are two of the smartest people on the earth.

It's not like we couldn't get any bitches. We definitely can but we chose not because we have things that are more important for us to pursue in our lives. We have our ambitions and we're working our best towards those goals we've set, while the vast majority of young people are abusing their lives. I feel proud to be a celibate and I hope you can feel the same pride.