PDA

View Full Version : Clippers true or false: Blake Griffin's game is based on monkey ball

Blake
05-08-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm being told that his game has expanded, but I can't find any statistical evidence or YouTube video that would confirm that's true.

I haven't watched but maybe one or two clipper games this year. ...is Griff on the cusp of being a player the caliber of Lebron or has he pretty much reached the ceiling on his abilities?

Just curious k thanks

Dex
05-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Blake has developed a couple of post moves that are semi-efficient and give the illusion that he can be a post player, but I'm not convinced. Griffin thrives when the Clippers are going full monkeyball like they were in Game 1. Once things start to slow down, he looks like less of a threat.

Red Hawk #21
05-08-2014, 09:56 AM
The Monkeyball argument for Blake Griffin has gone stale imho. I hate the Clippers but even I can admit that he's worked extremely hard on his game. He can hit mid-range jumpers at a good clip, he can consistently hit his shots off the glass, he's good at step through moves, up and under post moves and his consistent pumpfakes throw off defenders. Dude is very hard to guard down there. For people to continue to say he's only relying on his athleticism can only mean two things: A) You haven't been watching Blake Griffin this season. B) You're watching his improvement but simply refusing to acknowledge it. Folks, He isn't simply scoring off dunks and lobs anymore.

DMC
05-08-2014, 10:02 AM
1. Watch the games
2. Blake has an outside jumper
3. Blake has improved his FT shooting
4. Blake has improved his inside game
5. Blake doesn't get a lot of dunks compared to DJ

Blake has been held down just a bit in this series, but he's still a huge factor and not because of monkey ball.

dg7md
05-08-2014, 10:13 AM
False. He's a fairly complete player without any off-court legal troubles. He's one of the best, most dynamic big men in the game now. His weakness is his midrange J and shooting in general, but he's a great post player who is getting better and better each year.

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2014, 10:15 AM
his moves are of perimeter players in a big man, hence the league has made big man defense obsolete, u look or even breath on him is a foul, unless ur zbo

Chinook
05-08-2014, 10:24 AM
The only evidence you should need is his dunk percentage decreasing each year.

No one's saying Griffin is Lebron or that he doesn't need his athleticism to be as good as he is currently. But no, his game is become more and more skill-based as time goes on.

mudyez
05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
The Monkeyball argument for Blake Griffin has gone stale imho. I hate the Clippers but even I can admit that he's worked extremely hard on his game. He can hit mid-range jumpers at a good clip, he can consistently hit his shots off the glass, he's good at step through moves, up and under post moves and his consistent pumpfakes throw off defenders. Dude is very hard to guard down there. For people to continue to say he's only relying on his athleticism can only mean two things: A) You haven't been watching Blake Griffin this season. B) You're watching his improvement but simply refusing to acknowledge it. Folks, He isn't simply scoring off dunks and lobs anymore.

This!

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Lol OP. Either griffin is a monkeyballer or he's right there with Lebron. Nice choices you provided

Sportstudi
05-08-2014, 11:13 AM
1. Watch the games

Blake has been held down just a bit in this series, but he's still a huge factor and not because of monkey ball.

All true, but he's still ramming his elbow into the faces of other players while getting up for a dunk/layup and never gets called for it. And his desire to flop hasn't shrunk either.

Venti Quattro
05-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Monkeys can learn new tricks and he certainly has improved leaps and bounds. If DeAndre can rebound a basketball then there is no excuse for Blake not to improve.

DMC
05-08-2014, 12:04 PM
All true, but he's still ramming his elbow into the faces of other players while getting up for a dunk/layup and never gets called for it. And his desire to flop hasn't shrunk either.

Even the best players in the league flop. They also use elbows. I don't see how that has anything to do with monkeyball.

DMC
05-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Monkeys can learn new tricks and he certainly has improved leaps and bounds. If DeAndre can rebound a basketball then there is no excuse for Blake not to improve.

That crippled nigga in LA hasn't learned anything new. He's just overpaid.

Leetonidas
05-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Dwight Howard wishes he had the inside game of Blake Griffin tbh

DMC
05-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Dwight Howard wishes he had the inside game of Blake Griffin tbh

Howard wishes he could get to the 2nd round.

Blake
05-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Lol OP. Either griffin is a monkeyballer or he's right there with Lebron. Nice choices you provided

Nobody is really saying you must limit yourself to those two choices, but i won't stop you.

Spurs9
05-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Hes not relying on monkey ball anymore.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-08-2014, 02:31 PM
You should spend less time being clean up boy for Jamal and more time watching the great game of basketball, tbh...

Raven
05-08-2014, 02:35 PM
he's become a great player imho, not much to hate about.

05-08-2014, 02:59 PM

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Nobody is really saying you must limit yourself to those two choices, but i won't stop you.

I'm being told that his game has expanded, but I can't find any statistical evidence or YouTube video that would confirm that's true.

I haven't watched but maybe one or two clipper games this year. ...is Griff on the cusp of being a player the caliber of Lebron or has he pretty much reached the ceiling on his abilities?

Just curious k thanks

Blake
05-08-2014, 03:29 PM
:lol I didn't start a poll. If you want to add another option then do it instead of being a pussy nitpicker.

fwiw:

Main Entry:*cal·i·ber

(s): or*cal·i·bre*\ˈka-lə-bər,*British also*kə-ˈlē-\Function:*nounEtymology: Middle French*calibre,*from Old Italian*calibro,*b*:*degree of excellence or importance*

Blake
05-08-2014, 03:33 PM
You should spend less time being clean up boy for Jamal and more time watching the great game of basketball, tbh...

Clippers basketball is irrelevant.

Lol sock puppet

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 03:36 PM
:lol I didn't start a poll. If you want to add another option then do it instead of being a pussy nitpicker.

fwiw:

Main Entry:*cal·i·ber

(s): or*cal·i·bre*\ˈka-lə-bər,*British also*kə-ˈlē-\Function:*nounEtymology: Middle French*calibre,*from Old Italian*calibro,*b*:*degree of excellence or importance*
right, and if lebron is the best player in the league, a player of his caliber would be in contention for the best player in the league. i never showed any signs of misunderstanding the word caliber.... your agenda on this issue seriously has be curious oh why you are so convinced that Griffin hasn't improved :lol.

rogues
05-08-2014, 03:40 PM
:lmao..

In all honesty, Blake has improved his game..it's noticeable that this occurred when CP3 was out for a part of the season..his touches and usage went up..

Blake
05-08-2014, 03:46 PM
right, and if lebron is the best player in the league, a player of his caliber would be in contention for the best player in the league. i never showed any signs of misunderstanding the word caliber.... your agenda on this issue seriously has be curious oh why you are so convinced that Griffin hasn't improved :lol.

I have no idea what your point is.

Lol agenda

rogues
05-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Now that I think about it..Blake's improvement is ridiculous when you think of his OU days..all the ginger could do was jump out of the gym and dunk..his game was based on pure utilization of athleticism..now the guy has a bank shot, a somewhat reliable mid-range J, and a bit of a post game..

sexinthatsx
05-08-2014, 03:52 PM
1. Watch the games

sexinthatsx
05-08-2014, 03:54 PM

Griffin uses elbows when the opposing player plays dirty first; he isn't the type of player to come out being the aggressor like Kendrick Perkins or other dirty players. Also, as others have said, everybody in the league flops. Your boy Dirk flopped almost every play in the first series.

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 03:55 PM
I have no idea what your point is.

Lol agenda
For the past 2 days you've been on this crusade against the notion that Blake has improved to the point were he is no longer reliant on mere jumping ability. You somehow feel this way despite not having watched clipper games. Agenda

Blake
05-08-2014, 04:11 PM
For the past 2 days you've been on this crusade against the notion that Blake has improved to the point were he is no longer reliant on mere jumping ability. You somehow feel this way despite not having watched clipper games. Agenda

I said he's a high injury risk because of his playing style and for the past two days you've been butthurt about it. Are you his mother?

Lol crusade

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Clippers basketball is irrelevant.

So "irrelevant" that you've been on an obsessed schtick against one of our players for two whole days now despite knowing nothing about how he plays :lol

TheSanityAnnex
05-08-2014, 04:30 PM
As much as I loathe Blake Griffin, OP is retarded.

Malik Hairston
05-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Depends what the OP means, tbh..

Griffin's game has obviously improved dramatically, he's a complete player that has a solid post game, a jump shot, can handle the ball better than most bigs, and is a capable passer, too..

However, if the argument is that Griffin's Monkeyball ability is the aspect of his game that opens everything else up for him, then yes, his game is "based on" Monkeyball..

Griffin, Westbrook, etc: Complete players that rely on Monkeyball as a base for their game

DeAndre Jordan, Larry Sanders, etc: Monkeyballers

Blake
05-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Depends what the OP means, tbh..

Griffin's game has obviously improved dramatically, he's a complete player that has a solid post game, a jump shot, can handle the ball better than most bigs, and is a capable passer, too..

However, if the argument is that Griffin's Monkeyball ability is the aspect of his game that opens everything else up for him, then yes, his game is "based on" Monkeyball..

Griffin, Westbrook, etc: Complete players that rely on Monkeyball as a base for their game

DeAndre Jordan, Larry Sanders, etc: Monkeyballers

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm asking based on my opinion that he's gonna blow a knee sooner or later because of his explosive game.

Blake
05-08-2014, 04:39 PM
So "irrelevant" that you've been on an obsessed schtick against one of our players for two whole days now despite knowing nothing about how he plays :lol

Yes, Clipper basketball is irrelevant. Blake Griffin talk has suddenly become entertaining though.

Blake
05-08-2014, 04:41 PM
As much as I loathe Blake Griffin, OP is retarded.

sup tsa

Still scared to go to bed at night without a gun in your pjs?

Splits
05-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Now that I think about it..Blake's improvement is ridiculous when you think of his OU days..all the ginger could do was jump out of the gym and dunk..his game was based on pure utilization of athleticism..now the guy has a bank shot, a somewhat reliable mid-range J, and a bit of a post game..

:lol you and "think" in the same sentence is like Shitty Brooks and "adjustments". What a crappy take

DMC
05-08-2014, 04:50 PM
I said he's a high injury risk because of his playing style and for the past two days you've been butthurt about it. Are you his mother?

Lol crusade

If you haven't watched his games, how can you know anything about how he's playing now?

DMC
05-08-2014, 04:51 PM
sup tsa

That beats being scared to go because a large black man is in there porking your wife.

TheSanityAnnex
05-08-2014, 05:31 PM
sup tsa

sup Blake

Who got their ass pounded harder, you in this thread or your ex-wife in your bed?

Blake
05-08-2014, 05:44 PM
If you haven't watched his games, how can you know anything about how he's playing now?

it's why I'm asking

Blake
05-08-2014, 05:45 PM
sup Blake

Who got their ass pounded harder, you in this thread or your ex-wife in your bed?

Which is more fully loaded, this question or your gun rack

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 05:47 PM
it's why I'm asking

You've asked several times, you've gotten the same answer from a wide variety of people on this site, and you've decided you don't like that answer because it doesn't suit your agenda.... let's call it like it is, tbh....

Blake
05-08-2014, 05:47 PM
That beats being scared to go because a large black man is in there porking your wife.

Neat

m>s
05-08-2014, 06:00 PM
thread backfire imo

Blake
05-08-2014, 06:17 PM
thread backfire imo

Sup m. Good of you to take the sock puppet off.

How are the circumcision lawsuits going

Blake
05-08-2014, 06:18 PM
You've asked several times, you've gotten the same answer from a wide variety of people on this site, and you've decided you don't like that answer because it doesn't suit your agenda.... let's call it like it is, tbh....

Lol agenda

:cry spur fan hopes for injuries :cry

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Lol agenda

:cry spur fan hopes for injuries :cry
you can keep saying "lol agenda" as if that means anything, but your posting over the last couple of days says it all

JohnnyMax
05-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Wrong about Westbrick relying on athleticism only. He has a good pull up midrange jumper.

unleashbaynes
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Lmao at OP getting Blake Griffined in his Blake Griffin hate thread

Blake
05-08-2014, 08:02 PM
you can keep saying "lol agenda" as if that means anything, but your posting over the last couple of days says it all

do you have a good reason that I have this agenda? I can't think of one myself

Katherine Robinson
05-08-2014, 08:42 PM
He's shown he has half a brain, which is to be expected considering who he is.

m>s
05-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Sup m. Good of you to take the sock puppet off.

How are the circumcision lawsuits going

>more shitposting

Blake
05-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Oh look green font. That burned me.

I guess we'll talk later.

m>s
05-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Oh look green font. That burned me.

I guess we'll talk later.

??maybe this color suits your posts more

if you're going to shit post, at least use the correct font so we can tl;dr thx

rogues
05-08-2014, 10:27 PM
:lol you and "think" in the same sentence is like Shitty Brooks and "adjustments". What a crappy take
:lol You don't even refute anything I say, faggot cuck..

:lol @ you thinking you can critique BD's take..