PDA

View Full Version : Spurs v Portland - Western Conference Semi-Finals: The Complete Chronicles

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 12:39 PM
This is the series thread to end all threads. It's a continuous game thread. It's a prediction thread. It's a breakdown of the what if's, blame games & adjustments. But maybe most importantly, its your chance ST for unrivaled access to San Antonio Spurs insiders such as Malik Hairston - The Nono - BazilParker -Mel_likely50 & of course Da Point Guard aka Da Perfect Gentleman aka Da Peace Giver aka Da Prolific GOAT.

No more searching for Game Threads. No more wondering "what if there was one nice and neat location for not only game threads, but breakdowns, meltdowns & the soothing sounds of cliff jumping". This is it.

The Western Conference Semifinals Game 2 - airing on ESPN 2 at 8:30. The first ever continuous series game thread in ST history upstairs.

http://gazztoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/San-Antonio-Spurs3.jpg

VS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/tlongbroom.jpg

ElNono
05-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Officials for Game 2:
Joey Crawford, Bill Spooner and Derrick Stafford

RD2191
05-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Fuck yo thread, clown.

ElNono
05-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Wesley Matthews post Game 1 analysis:

"What killed us was second-chance points," Wesley Matthews said. "What killed us was transition points. Us beating ourselves."

“We won the second half,’’ Wesley Matthews said. “We won the second half. Unfortunately, we dug ourselves too big of a hole in the first half.’’

“Did we not win the second half?’’ Matthews shot back. “Ok. So we know we can do it.’’

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Fuck yo thread, clown.

You see this. It's a response from another human. Feels good, right?

spurs10
05-08-2014, 12:52 PM
This thread is like heaven...:flypig. Thanks Da Peace Giver and Go Spurs!!

RD2191
05-08-2014, 12:55 PM
You see this. It's a response from another human. Feels good, right?

No. And you're half a human.

spurs10
05-08-2014, 12:56 PM

"What killed us was second-chance points," Wesley Matthews said. "What killed us was transition points. Us beating ourselves."

“We won the second half,’’ Wesley Matthews said. “We won the second half. Unfortunately, we dug ourselves too big of a hole in the first half.’’

“Did we not win the second half?’’ Matthews shot back. “Ok. So we know we can do it.’’ Well that's one way to look at it! :lol

His coach probably need to have a word with him, " Hey Wes, you do know there is only ONE score. You do know that, right?" :bang

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 12:56 PM
I hope Wes really believes that. That's the sound of someone telling themselves something vs believing the truth. Yes, they won the second half, but without dealing in reality you don't understand why you won it.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
You do realize that even if you are short, you are still a full human :lol. I'm just a smaller version of a full human.

Mugen
05-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Short and to the point. DPG is dat Dude.

MVPCues
05-08-2014, 12:59 PM
That you taking the selfie?

silverblk mystix
05-08-2014, 01:02 PM
lol popsuckers

Budkin
05-08-2014, 01:03 PM

“Did we not win the second half?’’ Matthews shot back. “Ok. So we know we can do it.’’

:lol man that is some Mensa level logic right there.

RD2191
05-08-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm just busting your chops. :lol

Dex
05-08-2014, 01:09 PM
:lol man that is some Mensa level logic right there.

They did win that second half...which greatly featured such NBA stalwarts Aron Baynes, Jeff Errors, Matt Bonner, and Cory Joseph.

Budkin
05-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Score will be close but we'll pull it off.

05-08-2014, 01:11 PM
I like everything separate tbh

Dex
05-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Also aren't these complete chronicles already missing chapter 1?

Mel_13
05-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Mel_likely50

If that was a shot at my age, the half-century mark is in my rear view mirror as my daughter constantly reminds me. :toast

btw, I endorse this thread. It should be stickied to the top of the forum and will be especially useful when the Spurs lose as a place to have an actual discussion while multiple meltdown threads proliferate.

RD2191
05-08-2014, 01:20 PM
3 different game threads. This isn't going to end well.

Brazil
05-08-2014, 01:29 PM
fuck yo thread, clown like roberto 2191 said... a Spurs insiders name list forgetting Brazil representing MVParker is bullshit fwiw tbh Spurs like this forum are going nowhere without us

after all the praise I gave to you for being an all time top 5 of ST you surely are a damn bastard Dat21920 to let me on the side of the road like a dog

RD2191
05-08-2014, 01:32 PM
::lmaoBrazil going in.

DMC
05-08-2014, 01:38 PM
"we won the parts of the game where they subbed out with scrubs"

DMC
05-08-2014, 01:39 PM

Is it just me or do they all have the game 6 Ray Allen shot expression?

SpursRock20
05-08-2014, 01:42 PM

:lol

But to be fair, Tiago always has that expression.

will_spurs
05-08-2014, 01:46 PM
fuck yo thread, clown like roberto 2191 said... a Spurs insiders name list forgetting Brazil representing MVParker is bullshit fwiw tbh Spurs like this forum are going nowhere without us

after all the praise I gave to you for being an all time top 5 of ST you surely are a damn bastard Dat21920 to let me on the side of the road like a dog

Truth bomb.

Nathan89
05-08-2014, 01:47 PM
I expect the spurs to get higher percentage shots than the blazers. Therefore, I expect victory.

Blake
05-08-2014, 02:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/tlongbroom.jpg

Lamarcus looks darker on my tv

Spur|n|Austin
05-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Short and to the point. DPG is dat Dude.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119260/3684629-i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 02:45 PM

Da Pa Guard thinks you missed something...Not sure what you are talking about TBH. You were fully represented in the OP.

DarrinS
05-08-2014, 02:45 PM

:lmao

especially Kawhi

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 02:46 PM
If that was a shot at my age, the half-century mark is in my rear view mirror as my daughter constantly reminds me. :toast

btw, I endorse this thread. It should be stickied to the top of the forum and will be especially useful when the Spurs lose as a place to have an actual discussion while multiple meltdown threads proliferate.

Damn, I under shot :wow :lol

in2deep
05-08-2014, 02:56 PM
I like everything separate tbh

Me too. The ppl have spoken. :lmao

ElNono
05-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Who is Brazil? Did they re-open registration?

Anyways, welcome to Spurstalk. :lol

DMC
05-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Does anyone here expect the Spurs to come out like they did last game? Does anyone expect Portland to come out like they did?

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 03:06 PM
DPG's Acrostic Keys to Victory:

Defensive Rebounding. Portland is a great offensive rebounding team. Spurs struggled with this against Dallas and it's a bigger issue vs Portland. Even in GM1, Portland had plenty of offensive rebounds. No on noticed because the Spurs offense was rolling & the Spurs had plenty of rebounds themselves. However, we know the Spurs offensive rebounding is not sustainable more than likely (by design) so the Spurs really have to focus here. The Spurs initial defense has been solid, but giving Portland extra shots is asking for trouble.

Protect the ball. This ties in with the D above. Extra possessions either via TO's or Offensive rebounds are killer. POR has a solid offense and it will wear the Spurs down to have to defend a bunch of extra possessions. Not only that, but POR struggles defending the Spurs type of offense (plenty of PnR's along with ability to post up). If the Spurs take care of the ball, they should get enough good looks to win the game or at lease keep it close.

Ginobili. Look for Portland to switch up how they defend TP and the PnR. We already saw in the 2nd half of GM1 that Wes Matthews was on TP. Look for more of that, along with some trapping and going under screens. While Manu got to the rim in GM1, the results weren't great. He needs to find a way to not only draw fouls (which he's been great at), but find shooters when he drives. His ability to handle the ball and drive will be key in helping to blow up some of the changes Portland might make when guarding TP.

200 miles
05-08-2014, 03:21 PM
DPG's Acrostic Keys to Victory:

Defensive Rebounding. Portland is a great offensive rebounding team. Spurs struggled with this against Dallas and it's a bigger issue vs Portland. Even in GM1, Portland had plenty of offensive rebounds. No on noticed because the Spurs offense was rolling & the Spurs had plenty of rebounds themselves. However, we know the Spurs offensive rebounding is not sustainable more than likely (by design) so the Spurs really have to focus here. The Spurs initial defense has been solid, but giving Portland extra shots is asking for trouble.

Protect the ball. This ties in with the D above. Extra possessions either via TO's or Offensive rebounds are killer. POR has a solid offense and it will wear the Spurs down to have to defend a bunch of extra possessions. Not only that, but POR struggles defending the Spurs type of offense (plenty of PnR's along with ability to post up). If the Spurs take care of the ball, they should get enough good looks to win the game or at lease keep it close.

Ginobili. Look for Portland to switch up how they defend TP and the PnR. We already saw in the 2nd half of GM1 that Wes Matthews was on TP. Look for more of that, along with some trapping and going under screens. While Manu got to the rim in GM1, the results weren't great. He needs to find a way to not only draw fouls (which he's been great at), but find shooters when he drives. His ability to handle the ball and drive will be key in helping to blow up some of the changes Portland might make when guarding TP.

I have to admit, I am impressed with this extravagant mega-game thread, DPG. I am certainly taking notes from the high standard that you have set forth.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 03:24 PM
http://www.gifday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2lmlxme.gif

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Also aren't these complete chronicles already missing chapter 1?

Sons, you ever seen Star Wars? Starts from the middle, goes forward, then the beginning.

RD2191
05-08-2014, 03:36 PM

Blake
05-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Does anyone here expect the Spurs to come out like they did last game? Does anyone expect Portland to come out like they did?

I expect the Spurs to come out the same. I expect Portland to attack more in the first quarter with a little less deer in the headlight.

I still expect a 20 point lead at some point in the game for SA

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 03:41 PM
I expect the Spurs to come out the same. I expect Portland to attack more in the first quarter with a little less deer in the headlight.

Really? I don't. Playing with that level of focus on defense (contesting all those shots, crisp close outs..) is very difficult. Spurs should still get some good looks, but I would imagine not quite as many. I think the Spurs should win, but damn, 20 points is a ton.

jag
05-08-2014, 03:46 PM

Hey, Mel... tell her I said what's up.

jag
05-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Look how happy and talkative DPG is.

Tony has a couple nice games and DPG is like a new man, liberated and carefree.

Dex
05-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Series threads are lame. They get so long that people just stop giving a shit tbh.

Blake
05-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Really? I don't. Playing with that level of focus on defense (contesting all those shots, crisp close outs..) is very difficult. Spurs should still get some good looks, but I would imagine not quite as many. I think the Spurs should win, but damn, 20 points is a ton.

I'm not sure they win by 20, I'm just saying I fully expect a Spur run at some point in the game that gives them a 20 point lead.

Spurs 111
Tlongers 97

Seems about right.

slick'81
05-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Yeah gotta expect Portland to look much better I expect a spurs w but not like last game

EVAY
05-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm happy to participate in a thread that focuses on discussion.

My primary concern tonight is foul troubles for the spurs. I fear that we will get a lot of early calls and the team will have trouble with its rhythm. Hope I'm wrong.

I believe this will be a closer game by far than the last one, and I am hoping that we win it so that we go to Portland up two. We will need it there.

Brazil
05-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Da Pa Guard thinks you missed something...Not sure what you are talking about TBH. You were fully represented in the OP.

:tu you are right now I can see that

DMC
05-08-2014, 04:45 PM
I hope we win, but more than that I hope we stay healthy. I don't want to see anyone make an unscheduled trip to the locker room. I think Portland closes out on the shooters and makes Tim and Tiago beat them, and they double on Tony to force the ball out of his hands. Pop would love that, but you have to give up something and I think it's going to be the inside game since the Blazers are a jumpshooting team and so they will likely focus on the jumpshooting game. Forcing turnovers on the perimeter will lead to fast break points the other way. Getting a turnover in the paint will just lead to a change of possession in most cases. I think Lillard goes Westbrook and scores in the 30's with some good efficiency, and LMA gets his as well, but I'm more concerned with what they get from their bench players like Mo Williams who is a chucker extraordinaire, and can get hot in a second.

Brazil
05-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Who is Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466)? Did they re-open registration?

Anyways, welcome to Spurstalk. :lol

He is the one who will bring balance to the universe tbh

Mugen
05-08-2014, 04:50 PM
How is everybody's day going tbh?

Blake
05-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I hope we win, but more than that I hope we stay healthy.

my first thought was Duncan's minutes when I saw Pop rolling the dice with Baynes. Even if B isn't as effective tonight, I hope Pop sticks with it if for no other reason than to buy minutes for Tim.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 04:53 PM
It's so obvious you feel like a dummy saying it, but going up 2-0 is gigantic. Especially with how most teams have stolen games on the road this playoffs. Spurs are going to have to get good looks despite the fact that Lillard won't be there to muck things up defensively as much for POR (they will hide him). Hopefully, as we saw, TP can still be very effective against Wes Matthews. The other guys (Manu especially) have to be ready and find good shots if they decide to trap and remove the ball from TP's hands (easier said then done).

However, if the Spurs rebound and don't turn it over, it should be next to impossible for POR to separate from the Spurs. Just have to have a shot to win it going into the 4th.

DMC
05-08-2014, 04:54 PM
my first thought was Duncan's minutes when I saw Pop rolling the dice with Baynes. Even if B isn't as effective tonight, I hope Pop sticks with it if for no other reason than to buy minutes for Tim.
If Tim needs to be limited to 30m a game or so, we're done already. The opposition is going to play their best bigs for 40 minutes a game.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 04:55 PM
With how great Spurs offense is when clicking, Spurs can survive with Lillard/Aldridge getting there points. Spurs have to shut down the other guys and have the studs to do it (Kawhi/Danny). Tiago being able to hassle LA 1 v 1 is a massive advantage and if he can prevent fouling he should provide the winning strategy.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 04:56 PM
If Tim needs to be limited to 30m a game or so, we're done already. The opposition is going to play their best bigs for 40 minutes a game.

IMO - Spurs can get away with limiting Tim's minutes because Lopez isn't a real threat outside of offensive rebounds. The key is Tiago this series. Tim might do ok switched onto LA, but I would prefer we don't have to see that too much. Tim offensively though should be solid this series. He doesn't need to force shots v Lopez, but you can definitely run offense through him.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Look how happy and talkative DPG is.

Tony has a couple nice games and DPG is like a new man, liberated and carefree.

I'm like a worried papa watching my boy limp around and look feeble. He worries me because of how important he is. But he's just the goods when healthy.

Brazil
05-08-2014, 05:00 PM
They are obviously going to try something different on Parker, I hope role players will take full advantage of the attention is gonna get from Blazers defense. If I were Portland I will try to bother Parker with Batum a lot. Batum is long, solid one on one exactly what bothers Parker plus Batum is with Diaw the one who knows him the best in the NBA.

Speaking of Batum, people are underestimating how important he is for Portland and tend to focus on Lilly and LMA, fact is Batum is quite key for them starting obviously on D but also on the O end. His range, capacity to score at the rim and passing skills open a lot of suff for Lilly, Wes and LMA. Batum is a complete dude ala Boris and can feed the score sheet on all categories, 3 pts, stl, assists, reb etc...

Batum has been extremely disappointed by his performance, I fully expect a total different game from him.

On a side note, Boris and TP know that Batum is sometimes capable to loose his cool, I believe they are too class to play dat card but both could easily go at him tbh

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Series threads are lame. They get so long that people just stop giving a shit tbh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh reallllllly? I guess you missed the 103 page Spurs v Mavs Series Thread in the less populated NBA Forum. So there goes that theory mr jokey joke maker.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 05:04 PM
They are obviously going to try something different on Parker, I hope role players will take full advantage of the attention is gonna get from Blazers defense. If I were Portland I will try to bother Parker with Batum a lot. Batum is long, solid one on one exactly what bothers Parker plus Batum is with Diaw the one who knows him the best in the NBA.

Speaking of Batum, people are underestimating how important he is for Portland and tend to focus on Lilly and LMA, fact is Batum is quite key for them starting obviously on D but also on the O end. His range, capacity to score at the rim and passing skills open a lot of suff for Lilly, Wes and LMA. Batum is a complete dude ala Boris and can feed the score sheet on all categories, 3 pts, stl, assists, reb etc...

Batum has been extremely disappointed by his performance, I fully expect a total different game from him.

On a side note, Boris and TP know that Batum is sometimes capable to loose his cool, I believe they are too class to play dat card but both could easily go at him tbh

Great point. Batum has had many games where he started out tentative and poorly. He is much like Boris in this regard where people scream and yell at him to play his game consistently and for whatever reason he drifts in and out of that focus/aggression.

He has hit some massive shots for POR, especially from 3 in big moments, but he is going to have a hard time with Kawhi on him. Much harder than last round.

will_spurs
05-08-2014, 05:17 PM
If people think Parker or Diaw are inconsistent, Batum brings it to a whole other level. Which means he's bound to go off at least once in any series. I hope it's going to happen in Portland in a game that the refs had decided they would gift to the home team anyway.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 05:19 PM
The only good thing I can see regarding the officiating is that POR got a lot of FT's in game 1. Hopefully, that trend won't continue and the Spurs can keep that even.

Dex
05-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh reallllllly? I guess you missed the 103 page Spurs v Mavs Series Thread in the less populated NBA Forum. So there goes that theory mr jokey joke maker.

103 pages on an 7-game series vs. the 392 pages on the combined Game Threads for that same series upstairs, breaking down to an average of 14.7 vs. 56 per game?

So there goes that theory Mr. Mathy McMatherson.

Quit buckin the system, DPG!

Chinook
05-08-2014, 05:40 PM
I agree with Dex. The idea of a series thread is great for downstairs where there are more topics to discuss and more teams. But up here, it makes little sense to restrict posting to a single thread. This whole forum is dedicated to this series right now, and I appreciate the different angles and foci that come from the separate threads.

Brazil
05-08-2014, 05:42 PM
103 pages on an 7-game series vs. the 392 pages on the combined Game Threads for that same series upstairs, breaking down to an average of 14.7 vs. 56 per game?

I have to agree, this cannot be a serie thread, it is much more suited to debrieff the games and talk about adjustments for next one imho fwiw

RD2191
05-08-2014, 05:44 PM
The Jews did this.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 05:45 PM

Like I said, it's less populated! The majority of Spurs fans post up here and that still got to 103 pages in addition to every other series thread down there that was discussed!

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 05:47 PM
I agree with Dex. The idea of a series thread is great for downstairs where there are more topics to discuss and more teams. But up here, it makes little sense to restrict posting to a single thread. This whole forum is dedicated to this series right now, and I appreciate the different angles and foci that come from the separate threads.

Well, this wasn't to restrict other threads. If there was something really relevant (game grades, in depth break downs...) that should fully have it's own thread. Game threads bring very little value and it's mostly just a gathering place with very little analysis outside of a few posters. Having one place, continuous for that type of deal IMO makes a lot of sense.

But I have no ego. If people just want this to serve as the game thread for this game and enjoy making a game thread for every single game, by all means. I'm just here to talk basketball.

Mugen
05-08-2014, 05:51 PM
https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380222758/633529.gif

Robz4000
05-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Sooooooooooooooooo.......over/under on how many FTs Portland gets tonight and how many posters call out Joey?

Putting the former at 40 and the latter at 100.

Arcadian
05-08-2014, 06:03 PM
I hope we win, but more than that I hope we stay healthy.

I think you meant the opposite...staying healthy only matters to the extent that it leads to winning, hence winning is the first priority. Especially in the playoffs. In a home game. Maybe on the road you can pull the "just stay healthy" line.

Chinook
05-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Well, this wasn't to restrict other threads. If there was something really relevant (game grades, in depth break downs...) that should fully have it's own thread. Game threads bring very little value and it's mostly just a gathering place with very little analysis outside of a few posters. Having one place, continuous for that type of deal IMO makes a lot of sense.

But I have no ego. If people just want this to serve as the game thread for this game and enjoy making a game thread for every single game, by all means. I'm just here to talk basketball.

Nah, man. I could care less about game threads. I'll post in here so long as others do. I just took from your OP that we'd do analysis in here. I'm not a huge fan of that, seeing as the people who do their own analysis work hard on it and deserve their own threads. But Coach Nick videos and articles can definitely go in here along with game-time discussion and general between-games reaction.

If only we could get Tlong to get on board with it.

EDIT: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232786&p=7313815#post7313815

This is the type of stuff that should be restricted to this thread.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:09 PM
^Exactly. This is more a continuous game thread than anything else. It can be used for game day breakdowns/discussions, but real break downs or articles should have their own thread.

Beaverfuzz
05-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Fuck yo thread, clown.

This

RD2191
05-08-2014, 06:19 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m054gb20FN1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:21 PM
This

Hi! Welcome to ST. Lot's of new comers lately! Since I've never seen you around before, I wanted to be the first to welcome you. I am the resident advisor and I am here to help you learn more about the game and to help you go from that dreary Grey to the proud Black!

I know you are shy so I want to go ahead and offer this without you having to ask: While your takes right now may seem "basic" and others here may give you a real hard time because of this, fear not; this just means you are part of the best damn Spurs forum on the Internet. Don't give up - if you work really hard every day, practice at least 5 days a week & listen to those posters whose names are Bold and Black, I'm sure within a year or two you will be contributing at least at a game thread level.

Anyways, big game tonight so glad another brand new never before heard of poster is here to share in the moment. Go Spurs!

xmas1997
05-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Like there is a difference between the color, gray or black, of your username.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Like there is a difference between the color, gray or black, of your username.

There are GNSF's and then there are GNSF's.

Dex
05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RFpvqqEbJwE/UfIO_duoU_I/AAAAAAAAN8Q/2smb6a5eWks/s1600/cheetah-rain.gif

xmas1997
05-08-2014, 06:31 PM
There are GNSF's and then there are GNSF's.

I doubt anyone gives a shit tbh about it, I know I could care less either way.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:33 PM

This guy ^. Just said nobody cares....this guy..nobody car....lol you crazy.

Beaverfuzz
05-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Hi! Welcome to ST. Lot's of new comers lately! Since I've never seen you around before, I wanted to be the first to welcome you. I am the resident advisor and I am here to help you learn more about the game and to help you go from that dreary Grey to the proud Black!

I know you are shy so I want to go ahead and offer this without you having to ask: While your takes right now may seem "basic" and others here may give you a real hard time because of this, fear not; this just means you are part of the best damn Spurs forum on the Internet. Don't give up - if you work really hard every day, practice at least 5 days a week & listen to those posters whose names are Bold and Black, I'm sure within a year or two you will be contributing at least at a game thread level.

Anyways, big game tonight so glad another brand new never before heard of poster is here to share in the moment. Go Spurs!

Glad to hear that your eye surgery was a success!

Beaverfuzz
05-08-2014, 06:39 PM

2005 >> 2008 tbh.

xmas1997
05-08-2014, 06:39 PM

Seriously? What difference does it make what color their username is?
That is completely absurd.
You can't be serious, that would be just totally crazy.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:40 PM
2005 >> 2008 tbh.

You've been here since 2005??

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Seriously? What difference does it make what color their username is?
That is completely absurd.
You can't be serious, that would be just totally crazy.

It certainly matters. It's not about the color. It's about the fact you're a GNSF.

ace3g
05-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Robby Kalland @RKalland
(https://twitter.com/RKalland)Texas rattlesnake? BAH GAWD, STONE COLD'S THERE! RT @outsidethenba (https://twitter.com/outsidethenba/): rattlesnake in blazers locker room. real thing. cbsprt.co/QjKduG (http://t.co/Gn286pR7a4)

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Damn, that is crazy.

Blake
05-08-2014, 06:48 PM

Depends on the scenario. 1-0 with home court advantage, it's good to stay around 30. Hopefully in the 20s if it's a blowout.

Must win or elimination game, of course Tony, TP, Manu all need to play 40+.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:48 PM
In thinking about it, if TP can continue to give that effort and Tim can be a bit more engaged defensively, TP on Lillard opens up a lot for SA. Now, Lillard is a really talented offensive player and that is asking a ton from TP, but if he can do at al what he did last game that would be huge.

Not counting on that, especially since he should face immense pressure from POR and since he played the most minutes of the Big 3.

Blake
05-08-2014, 06:50 PM

It's the ivy league degree that matters, amirite?

jkid12456
05-08-2014, 06:52 PM
bump

Mugen
05-08-2014, 06:55 PM
what is the trash talk protocol if the snake had bit Lillard and he died tbh?

siraulo23
05-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Its gonna be a close game

Mugen
05-08-2014, 06:56 PM
I mean that would have to trump drafting Saw Bowie and Greg Oden right???????

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 06:57 PM
That's pretty wild that it was right in his locker. Can you imagine if he never noticed and got bitten?

ElNono
05-08-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm blaming Danny Green...

Mugen
05-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Mo Williams' Instagram name is "MoGotti25." That alone is grounds for death by snakebite tbh.

DesignatedT
05-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Lmao

Mugen
05-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Serious doe, I'd be pretty mad if Duncan was bit by a rattlensnake before a playoff game tbh....

Beaverfuzz
05-08-2014, 07:09 PM
You've been here since 2005??

Who said that?

DarrinS
05-08-2014, 07:26 PM
If our starting 5 can just match Lillard and LMA, isn't just a matter of our bench vs theirs?

Horry Hipcheck
05-08-2014, 07:37 PM
If our starting 5 can just match Lillard and LMA, isn't just a matter of our bench vs theirs?

That's kind of what the series is all about, really. Let Splitter bother LMA as much as possible, throw Green at Lillard if need be, and if they score, they score. Match their production, try not to get burned by Matthews or Batum, and let the bench hopefully step up and crush them when Aldridge and Lillard are sitting.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 07:55 PM
If TP can do the job defensively on Lillard, between him and Tiago, that is massive for the Spurs. If you can keep Danny/Kawhi on the "others" that bodes so well for SA.

EVAY
05-08-2014, 08:02 PM
If TP can do the job defensively on Lillard, between him and Tiago, that is massive for the Spurs. If you can keep Danny/Kawhi on the "others" that bodes so well for SA.

Agreed that it does, but my concern is that Lillard is (appropriately) being told to drive to the rim, and it will end up with TP (or whomever) getting foul calls or he scores.

If you were his coach, isn't that what you would tell him to do?

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Agreed that it does, but my concern is that Lillard is (appropriately) being told to drive to the rim, and it will end up with TP (or whomever) getting foul calls or he scores.

If you were his coach, isn't that what you would tell him to do?

Sure, but easier said then done with Tim/Tiago and good initial defense for TP. I don't think TP can keep it up or that it's fair to ask, but if he somehow can while also carrying the offense, that is just too much for POR to overcome.

Brazil
05-08-2014, 08:08 PM
If people think Parker or Diaw are inconsistent, Batum brings it to a whole other level. Which means he's bound to go off at least once in any series. I hope it's going to happen in Portland in a game that the refs had decided they would gift to the home team anyway.

Batum progressed a lot on that aspect to be fair. He had a quite consistent season by his standard. Issue with him like Boris is his level of aggression. It seems all French players are on that mold. They lack the killer instinct, they play for the others, for the team even tho it's detrimental for the team success, they need to force their nature. Even a guy like Noah who played in college can have that altruism or whatever you want to call it. Parker is a unique specimen he is very self confident, he is not very French tbh

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 08:10 PM
TP is also a lot better than those guys so he has reason to be confident.

ace3g
05-08-2014, 08:22 PM
https://s1.yimg.com/sr/img/1/25d7535b-2ce8-31fb-833e-778da8479e7f

https://s.yimg.com/sr/img/1/8eae7fa8-8783-3a3d-8ad0-0579bbd6613d

https://s3.yimg.com/sr/img/1/e6fd6876-6354-3291-b18c-a313332101df

100%duncan
05-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Let's Do Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!

Fireball
05-08-2014, 08:41 PM
:flag: :flag: :flag:

100%duncan
05-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Where do we fucking post tbh?

jkid12456
stfu pitbull

Fireball
happy that no Spurs player was forced to participate in that awful music video/song

Fireball
05-08-2014, 08:44 PM
shit ... where are Breen and van Gundy?

100%duncan
05-08-2014, 08:45 PM
DPG21920lock the other thread or this brah it's causing confusion

EVAY
05-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Didn't take long for the first call on Tiago, did it?

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Nah - just post where you want..I'm heading over to the other thread..

Uriel
05-08-2014, 08:55 PM
So Manu checks in the game and immediately gives up an open 3.

DMC
05-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Depends on the scenario. 1-0 with home court advantage, it's good to stay around 30. Hopefully in the 20s if it's a blowout.

Must win or elimination game, of course Tony, TP, Manu all need to play 40+.

It's not going to be a blowout.

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Getting close, Blake. This is damn surprising to me.

Calispursfan11
05-08-2014, 09:30 PM

Predictions, predictions...

DMC
05-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I wish Jon Barry would shut the fuck up. That motherfucker talks nonstop.

DMC
05-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Predictions, predictions...
I predict you won't be around to quote that when it becomes a close game.

ElNono
05-08-2014, 09:50 PM
I thought the Rockets defense was awful...

Calispursfan11
05-08-2014, 11:04 PM

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/374745/resized_conspiracy-keanu-meme-generator-nostradamus-predicted-what-2b843f.jpg

DMC
05-08-2014, 11:07 PM
http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/374745/resized_conspiracy-keanu-meme-generator-nostradamus-predicted-what-2b843f.jpg

8 pt game in the 4th, hardly a blowout.

Calispursfan11
05-08-2014, 11:07 PM
I predict you won't be around to quote that when it becomes a close game.

:lmao Expert

ElNono
05-08-2014, 11:08 PM
solid win... 3rd quarter was flaky all around (including Manu, tbh)... missed a lot of wide open shots, and the Spurs really need to get their shit together with the freethrows... this is an area where you can't give such a large advantage...

DMC
05-08-2014, 11:08 PM

Spot on prediction. Well done.

DMC
05-08-2014, 11:09 PM
:lmao Expert

I was right. You didn't quote when the difference was at 8. Front running vanilla faggot par per VC tbh.

Mugen
05-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Glad they got tested in the 2nd half tbh. They started running through the motions in the 3rd and the Blazers capitalized. Good motivation to tighten things up in Hipster City...

ElNono
05-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Portland did win the 3rd quarter this game... something for Matthews to build on...

Calispursfan11
05-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I was right. You didn't quote when the difference was at 8. Front running vanilla faggot par per VC tbh.

Lol, you have an answer for everything don't you. The Spurs were never remotely in trouble and they end up winning by 17 and that's not a blowout. You're stretching it this time yo. Pathetic.

Chinook
05-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Coach Nick is doing a postgame show on YouTube. It's live now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxQB-USdUmQ

Blake
05-08-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure they win by 20, I'm just saying I fully expect a Spur run at some point in the game that gives them a 20 point lead.

Spurs 111
Tlongers 97

Seems about right.

who made that extra 3 to fuck up my prediction

Blake
05-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Spot on prediction. Well done.

thanks. It was hours of intense research.

I just think this Portland team is too young to know what they're doing.

ElNono
05-08-2014, 11:34 PM
I feel the guys are going to relax a bit for Game 3, tbh... hopefully Danny, Mills pick up the slack on scoring... it's time to get greedy and getting one in Portland would be huge...

Aztecfan03
05-08-2014, 11:36 PM
who made that extra 3 to fuck up my prediction

manu made last 3 but beli made 2 free throws and ayres made a layup after that.

ElNono
05-08-2014, 11:37 PM
At least we got Batum bullshit scoring game out of the way...

Aztecfan03
05-08-2014, 11:39 PM
At least we got Batum bullshit scoring game out of the way...

and Will Barton's, whoever he is.

Blake
05-08-2014, 11:47 PM
I feel the guys are going to relax a bit for Game 3, tbh... hopefully Danny, Mills pick up the slack on scoring... it's time to get greedy and getting one in Portland would be huge...

Getting one in Portland would for all practical purposes mean the series is over.

i think the spurs do get at least one for sure, but at this point, i don't see why the spurs won't sweep.

Nathan89
05-08-2014, 11:59 PM
This thread was a failure at replacing the game threads tbh. There will be game 3 thread as well. As there should be imo.

ElNono
05-09-2014, 12:08 AM
Getting one in Portland would for all practical purposes mean the series is over.

i think the spurs do get at least one for sure, but at this point, i don't see why the spurs won't sweep.

I'm not looking forward to it, but the Spurs are due for a poor shooting game...

HI-FI
05-09-2014, 12:19 AM
I think they'll play it by ear. If the refs are calling everything tight, with Hipsters screaming and spilling microbrewed beer all over the place, Spurs might say fuck it and refocus for Game 4.

I do think they can take one up there though, but I expect at least one game to be totally bullshit calling, to the point the announcers won't be sure how to spin it. Then the second game's officiating will still be shitty but Spurs might get red hot and it won't matter.

ElNono
05-09-2014, 12:33 AM
I think they'll play it by ear. If the refs are calling everything tight, with Hipsters screaming and spilling microbrewed beer all over the place, Spurs might say fuck it and refocus for Game 4.

I do think they can take one up there though, but I expect at least one game to be totally bullshit calling, to the point the announcers won't be sure how to spin it. Then the second game's officiating will still be shitty but Spurs might get red hot and it won't matter.

Their defense is generally so bad, it's just a matter of knocking down shots, IMO... but yeah, I can see them dropping 130 pts on us if we get some key guys in foul trouble

Mugen
05-09-2014, 12:39 AM
If they're going to let Parker get away with guarding Lillard then they are gonna have a tough time scoring tbh. He's their biggest matchup issue for the Spurs and if TP, whose been terrible all season long defensively, can continue to run him off the 3, then they are going to be taking a lot of contested shots.

The Spurs could have easily scored a 125+ this game. I saw maybe two or three possessions where the Spurs didn't get at least a decent look tbh...

will_spurs
05-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Parker is a unique specimen he is very self confident, he is not very French tbh

That and 12 years of Pop screaming in his ear to be aggressive.

BTW Jon Barry should be banned from commenting on Spurs games (even though he had to swallow it by the end of the game).

Brazil
05-09-2014, 05:47 AM
As I said, Batum was due for a good game. Fortunately the rest did not follow that much if indeed Parker can stay on Lilly this serie is over.

Dex
05-09-2014, 11:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/u0u7V23.jpg

Brazil
05-09-2014, 05:13 PM
That and 12 years of Pop screaming in his ear to be aggressive.

BTW Jon Barry should be banned from commenting on Spurs games (even though he had to swallow it by the end of the game).

agreed on both

dude is salty :lol

will_spurs
05-10-2014, 06:51 AM
dude is salty :lol

"Whenever you hear about players playing great in the playoffs, you don't often hear Parker's name, but in the last couple of games..."

says the journeyman back-up player.

100%duncan
05-10-2014, 08:48 AM
So is the gonna be the game 3 game thread? :lol

EVAY
05-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted:

Referee assignments for tonight's game in Portland:

Danny Crawford
Marc Davis
Bennett Salvatore

I predict that Salvatore puts Portland on the line early and often. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hand out a tech to a Spur, too.

I really hope that we win this tonight, but I feel like it is Portland's best chance at winning one.

Before the series I thought this would 6 to 7 games. Now I think 6 is the maximum. But if we can pull it off tonight, anything at all is possible.

EVAY
05-10-2014, 10:10 AM
So is the gonna be the game 3 game thread? :lol

Well, I don't know, but it is a nice place to be able to put things like the ref assignments without having to create a whole new thread just for us to bitch about the refs in advance of the game. lol!!

Capster
05-10-2014, 11:30 AM

Thank you Blake!!!! Nice to know someone posting has there head on Strailght!!!!!

BillMc
05-10-2014, 11:37 AM
http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/Rottenecards_278302_3728jngyvr.png

Capster
05-10-2014, 12:08 PM
http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/Rottenecards_278302_3728jngyvr.png

LMAO.......too funny!!!! Thanks for posting!

BillMc
05-10-2014, 12:09 PM
LMAO.......too funny!!!! Thanks for posting!

Glad you liked it, bro! :toast

:flag:

ace3g
05-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Hardwood Paroxysm @HPbasketball
(https://twitter.com/HPbasketball)Mo Williams (groin) out for Game 3 cbsprt.co/1mN0seQ (http://t.co/XdwvjtsX9x)

RD2191
05-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Those refs always fuck the Spurs. Gonna be a long night.

Staplepuffs27
05-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Hardwood Paroxysm @HPbasketball
(https://twitter.com/HPbasketball)Mo Williams (groin) out for Game 3 cbsprt.co/1mN0seQ (http://t.co/XdwvjtsX9x)

That's good for the Blaze

SupremeGuy
05-10-2014, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about Mo being out, tbh. On one hand, he's usually a thorn on our side. On the other, I think both of the large runs we've gone on this series have been while he was on the floor. lol

heyheymymy
05-10-2014, 03:31 PM

SupremeGuy
05-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Is it too early to start drinking? lol jk it's never too early!

I'm gonna be doing some pretty drunk posting tonight.

Blake
05-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Portland will come out energized tonight. Will most likely have half time lead. I think the Spurs win a close one. 97-92 sounds about right.

DMC
05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Portland will come out energized tonight. Will most likely have half time lead. I think the Spurs win a close one. 97-92 sounds about right.

Ok you're back to scratch again.

Kidd K
05-11-2014, 12:45 AM
How come these chronicles have blank pages after page 4?

Blake
05-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Ok you're back to scratch again.

It was a nice run

exstatic
05-11-2014, 08:55 AM
How come these chronicles have blank pages after page 4?

ISWYDT

DPG21920
05-11-2014, 10:43 AM
12. 9. 7.

That is the number of TO's in each game for SA and they have decreased each game so far. The Spurs are basically unbeatable of they maximize their possessions by taking care of the ball (and defensive glass). The offense just gets too many quality shots (make or miss) throughout the game.

I know POR as a team doesn't force a lot of TO's but my goodness.

smeagol
05-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Those refs always fuck the Spurs. Gonna be a long night.

You must be so much fun to spend time with . . . :rolleyes

DPG21920
05-11-2014, 11:44 AM
You must be so much fun to spend time with . . . :rolleyes

That's just his schtick. At first it was real. He was terrible and overreacted and melted down. Then he realized it after learning from some people on here who discus basketball and has since turned it into a schtick. It's a pretty good turn around for a poster tbh..

Now, what he's also done (which is very smart) is play up the bad takes schtick. He's still learning how to be a good poster, so in the meantime he's going with the self-deprecating bad posts until that time which is smart tbh..

RD2191
05-11-2014, 12:45 PM
:wakeup

heyheymymy
05-11-2014, 02:44 PM
one more and spurs are back in the WCF

GO SPURS GO

Beaverfuzz
05-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Mods shut this thread down.

Thanks

:wakeup

DPG21920
05-11-2014, 04:00 PM
I am a mod.

EVAY
05-11-2014, 04:36 PM
I am a mod.

EVAY
05-11-2014, 04:41 PM
As much as Dallas was a good prep for us against Portland, I fear that this series against Portland is disastrous for us in preparation for OKC. It appears certain to me that the refs are guaranteeing a WCF finals appearance, and their defense is long, strong and effective. Watching them play the Clips in the Clips own building is painful.

If we play OKC in the WCF and the series is reffed as this one is, we will lose, and it will be ugly. Moreover, besides losing, I worry that we might get our players hurt, seriously. OKC is hacking and slapping and bumping like crazy and getting away with it on the other teams home court. Not a good omen.

Beaverfuzz
05-11-2014, 04:46 PM
I am a mod.

SHUT
IT
DOWN

Sincerely,
Willie Anderson #40

therealtruth
05-11-2014, 06:35 PM
As much as Dallas was a good prep for us against Portland, I fear that this series against Portland is disastrous for us in preparation for OKC. It appears certain to me that the refs are guaranteeing a WCF finals appearance, and their defense is long, strong and effective. Watching them play the Clips in the Clips own building is painful.

If we play OKC in the WCF and the series is reffed as this one is, we will lose, and it will be ugly. Moreover, besides losing, I worry that we might get our players hurt, seriously. OKC is hacking and slapping and bumping like crazy and getting away with it on the other teams home court. Not a good omen.

The Spurs don't deal well with physicality unfortunately. You can't rely on the refs to bail out. You have to go hard and force them to make the calls. On the other end you have to hit back.

ElNono
05-11-2014, 06:51 PM
This might end up being one of the shortest "chronicles" threads ever, come Monday...

a tribute to the OP?

Dex
05-12-2014, 10:15 AM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/889/012/276842bb9485150bb4e7c35d6b8eb84c_crop_north.jpg?w= 759&h=506&q=75

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/omgomgomgomgomg.gif

Dex
05-12-2014, 10:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uRxXc9s.jpg

will_spurs
05-12-2014, 11:02 AM
This might end up being one of the shortest "chronicles" threads ever, come Monday...

a tribute to the OP?

He should make all the "chronicles" threads from now on...

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 11:42 AM
TBH^

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-12-2014, 01:40 PM
This is real game thread. Fuck amused

Brazil
05-12-2014, 09:56 PM
As expected Batum on Parker since the very beginning.
Never too late lol

Amuseddaysleeper
05-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Spurs look like crap. Blazers may win the second half again

Dex
05-13-2014, 01:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/czqyzuC.jpg

Damn, this Blazer fan apparently missed his meds last night.