PDA

View Full Version : OT: Boxer Adrien Broner, suspended for being racist

Thebesteva
05-08-2014, 07:50 PM
It finally happened, a black man got in trouble for being racist

In case you missed what he said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juq2N6s_CjM

WBC suspends Adrien Broner and demands he make a public apology (http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-suspends-and-demands-a-public-apology-from-adrien-broner-245018)

http://fightnews.com/Boxing/broner-celebrates-mao300.jpegPhoto: Mary Ann Owen

WBC Statement: Adrien Broner, former WBC lightweight champion, has offended many persons of the world with his words during the interview after the fight vs Molina.The World Boxing Council holds human equality as its banner and will not accept a former WBC champion to make racially offensive statements. Since words have different meanings and can be interpreted in different ways, the WBC is issuing this open letter to Adrien Broner to either clarify what he meant with his words or to issue a public apology if those words were intended to be despective and offensive.
Adrien Broner is hereby suspended from participating in any WBC sanctioned championship and will be excluded from the WBC ratings until the time he makes a public apology satisfactorily to the public of the world. Boxing is a great sport, it is a world sport and boxers are honorable and exemplary members of the community. FairPlay and human equality must always be upheld.

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Boxing is a great sport, it is a world sport and boxers are honorable and exemplary members of the community.

:lmao

djohn2oo8
05-08-2014, 07:56 PM
:lol what was racist?

Thebesteva
05-08-2014, 08:02 PM
:lol what was racist?

Imagine if a fighter said, I'm a white man just beat the fuck out of a black man. You would have guys like kool and trill crying to Sharpton for justice

RobbyH
05-08-2014, 08:32 PM
there is a god

Katherine Robinson
05-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Imagine if a fighter said, I'm a white man just beat the fuck out of a black man. You would have guys like kool and trill crying to Sharpton for justice

The white man would be banned from boxing and his career destroyed, he'd have every sponsor drop him and probably get his win changed to a no contest.

Ricky Davis
05-08-2014, 09:08 PM
I never understood the point of having 20 jiggaboos in the background during these post-fight interviews

Red Hawk #21
05-08-2014, 09:16 PM
I still don't understand why Blacks don't see Mexicans as their "opps", tbh...

Thebesteva
05-08-2014, 10:04 PM
The white man would be banned from boxing and his career destroyed, he'd have every sponsor drop him and probably get his win changed to a no contest.

:cry but Michael Jackson said black people are called color people cuz they come in all shapes and colors

Malik Hairston
05-08-2014, 10:09 PM
:lol suspending boxers is stupid, tbh..

Suspending a boxer for simply stating that he defeated "a Mexican", in a sport full of wife beaters, rapists and criminals that gained mass fame in the ring:lol..

Katherine Robinson
05-08-2014, 10:10 PM
:cry but Michael Jackson said black people are called color people cuz they come in all shapes and colors

Michael Jackson also said it's okay for children to share beds with adults outside of the family.

Holden_Caulfield
05-08-2014, 10:13 PM
the fuck?

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2014, 10:16 PM
isnt this the clown that has his own channel on youtube, partying more and wasting money on shit...

lol when he beat that cholo i had ur girlfriend

Aztecfan03
05-08-2014, 11:07 PM
That wasn't really racist. Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Sheila Jackson Lee just to name a few should get backlash for being racist, though.

JohnnyMax
05-09-2014, 03:04 AM
It was more disrespectful than racist.

celticfan
05-09-2014, 03:13 AM
That was weak. Everything is so pussified now.

Biernutz
05-09-2014, 03:28 AM
This thread is in the wrong Forum. For the hate part--move it to the club ...for the boxing the general sports

Infinite_limit
05-09-2014, 03:45 AM
Africa vs Mexico

spurraider21
05-09-2014, 03:53 AM
wasn't aware mexican was a race

jag
05-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Sounds a little light in the loafers, if you ask me.

Trill Clinton
05-09-2014, 07:31 AM
talking shit is part of boxing and he didn't even say anything racist. he's been saying that 'can-man' shit for the longest.

1:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk9Nl7ueax8#t=117

Koolaid_Man
05-09-2014, 07:48 AM

if you wanna suck my dick just come out and say it...otherwise stop mentioning my fucking name....

Koolaid_Man
05-09-2014, 07:50 AM
:lol suspending boxers is stupid, tbh..

Suspending a boxer for simply stating that he defeated "a Mexican", in a sport full of wife beaters, rapists and criminals that gained mass fame in the ring:lol..

they're trying to get street cred in the Sports world

Koolaid_Man
05-09-2014, 07:51 AM
and to be fair he did say Afrikaaan and Mexicaan

Red Hawk #21
05-09-2014, 08:47 AM
talking shit is part of boxing and he didn't even say anything racist. he's been saying that 'can-man' shit for the longest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk9Nl7ueax8#t=117

:toast Broner always gives me a good laugh.

Thebesteva
05-09-2014, 09:08 AM
wasn't aware mexican was a race

Yeah, the last time a guy said "fucking Mexicans" this was the reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuGuByc3N7Y

Oh ok

if you wanna suck my dick just come out and say it...otherwise stop mentioning my fucking name....

:lol Relax man, Kool sensitive today, must be child support pay day

I. Hustle
05-09-2014, 09:23 AM
isnt this the clown that has his own channel on youtube, partying more and wasting money on shit...

lol when he beat that cholo i had ur girlfriend

You're retarded. Paulie Malinaggi is Italian and far from cholo.

I. Hustle
05-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Broner is one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever enter the ring. Dude talks shit after beating a cupcake on the undercard. He wants so bad to be Mayweather. Floyd is a POS too but at least he can say he is undefeated against big names.

Koolaid_Man
05-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Broner is one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever enter the ring. Dude talks shit after beating a cupcake on the undercard. He wants so bad to be Mayweather. Floyd is a POS too but at least he can say he is undefeated against big names.

being undefeated is overrated..Floyd is my boy but he would have gotten his ass beat against Sugar Ray, Hitman Hearns, or Haggler....them niggas fought for the sake of fighting...they would have kicked Floyd's ass tbh

Koolaid_Man
05-09-2014, 10:01 AM
and Broner is ok....he's just giving the wild arena crown filled with blood-lust exactly what they crave....stop trying to act all proper..it's a fucking fight....that insulting shit comes with the territory...if it's possible I could die in a ring I better dam well be able to say whatever the fuck I want...real talk

PingPong
05-09-2014, 11:10 AM
The nigga seems to be full retarded. Boxers aren't known as articulate and intelligent people. At least he would have some PR to manage his words in interviews.

DMC
05-09-2014, 11:40 AM
He didn't make a racist comment. Mexican is a nationality. That flag they wave is a Mexican flag, is it racist to say so? There's no Mexican race. It's getting where you cannot even hate on people.

daslicer
05-09-2014, 12:04 PM
He didn't make a racist comment. Mexican is a nationality. That flag they wave is a Mexican flag, is it racist to say so? There's no Mexican race. It's getting where you cannot even hate on people.

Its safe to say that when anybody utters the word Mexican the first thing that comes to people's minds is someone with brown skin.

DMC
05-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Its safe to say that when anybody utters the word Mexican the first thing that comes to people's minds is someone with brown skin.

You cannot control what comes to people's minds. The term "Mexican" is a proper term for a person from Mexico. The fact that Mexican-Americans wave a Mexican flag should be good enough to call them Mexicans.

daslicer
05-09-2014, 12:20 PM
So then if he said "American" then he must be talking about a white man.

The majority of countries in the world have 0 diversity its just dominated by 1 race. How many white people live in Mexico? I'm sure they are a few but its very small. Its safe to say when Adrien screamed Mexican he was referring to Rodrigue, Jorge and company and not any other group of people. Also it doesn't make any sense for Adrien to scream I whooped an American lol since he is American.

DMC
05-09-2014, 12:39 PM
The majority of countries in the world have 0 diversity its just dominated by 1 race. How many white people live in Mexico? I'm sure they are a few but its very small. Its safe to say when Adrien screamed Mexican he was referring to Rodrigue, Jorge and company and not any other group of people. Also it doesn't make any sense for Adrien to scream I whooped an American lol since he is American.

How many white people live in America?

He was doing the "can" joke... African..Mexican....so American would work as well.

The truth is that the term "Mexican" has taken on a derogatory meaning mostly due to how Mexicans acts in America. I don't see any problem calling someone a German, or Swiss, or any other nationality where the term automatically brings up images of a certain skin color.

I. Hustle
05-09-2014, 02:26 PM
being undefeated is overrated..Floyd is my boy but he would have gotten his ass beat against Sugar Ray, Hitman Hearns, or Haggler....them niggas fought for the sake of fighting...they would have kicked Floyd's ass tbh

Maybe but you can't fault him for being born when he was. There will always be what ifs. What if he bulked up grew a foot taller and went super heavy weight? Would he have the same speed?
It's stupid to bring up stuff like that because it will never happen.

Franklin
05-10-2014, 12:18 AM
it depends on the context, DMC. It's fine to call a mexican mexican but it'd be a whole different story if you call someone mexican when you're sure as hell he/she isn't Mexican. It's like calling a picklebreath chink and you know it IS offensive, tbh.