View Full Version : Amateur: Deron Williams...

midnightpulp
05-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Sucks.

Splits
05-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Best closer since Chris Paul

resistanze
05-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Lol regression toward the mean after the first round

~O~
05-08-2014, 08:31 PM
He isn't worth his contract and he isn't a franchise player. An exact duplicate of his teammate Joe Johnson. Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce should just.....try out for zombie roles in the walking dead. They are complete corpses.

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 08:38 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Deron-Williams-Eating-Wendys-and-Smiling.gif

spursfan1000
05-08-2014, 08:43 PM
I never thought he was really that good.

Calispursfan11
05-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Lol Teddy Grahams

Calispursfan11
05-08-2014, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoXiWIVaO_M

Malik Hairston
05-08-2014, 10:14 PM
:lol I'll go back and bump SpursTalk's Williams vs. Paul arguments from a few years ago, at some point..

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 10:29 PM
:lol I'll go back and bump SpursTalk's Williams vs. Paul arguments from a few years ago, at some point..
the argument was valid back then, tbh. i wasn't on this forum then, but i dont think there's anything to be ashamed of if somebody was in williams' corner at the time

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 10:33 PM
the argument was valid back then, tbh. i wasn't on this forum then, but i dont think there's anything to be ashamed of if somebody was in williams' corner at the time
FatWill was always an overrated product of Sloan's system.... Boozer looked good in Utah too, now look at how useless both of them are :lol

spurraider21
05-08-2014, 10:35 PM
FatWill was always an overrated product of Sloan's system.... Boozer looked good in Utah too, now look at how useless both of them are :lol
he also did get derailed by injuries and donuts. he was never as good defensively as Paul, but he was a much more dynamic offensive player. probably was teh strongest pg in the lead and also had the filthiest crossover at the time.

Thebesteva
05-08-2014, 10:36 PM
I remember making a visit to Utah, and some people up there knew we were Laker fans and started talking about how Deron Williams is a God. They were salty fucking Laker haters, but acknowledged Kobe was an A level player and shitted on their team

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 10:37 PM
he also did get derailed by injuries and donuts. he was never as good defensively as Paul, but he was a much more dynamic offensive player. probably was teh strongest pg in the lead and also had the filthiest crossover at the time.
Amazing how quickly his "dynamic offense" went away without Sloan's system :lol

As much as I've criticized CP3, he never had an actual coach with a system until this year, and he's STILL always been better than fat fuck Williams :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-08-2014, 11:24 PM
As much as I've criticized CP3, he never had an actual coach with a system until this year, and he's STILL always been better than fat fuck Williams :lol

fkn shit u smokin korean faggot? cp0 only shows up against the bottom 25 PG of the league who are trash, when his up against a top5 pg he shits the bed

Venti Quattro
05-08-2014, 11:26 PM

I'm gonna receive a lot of shit from those threads. I've been a Deron-stan ever since, but damn Chris Paul has left him eating (no pun intended) dust.

RsxPiimp
05-08-2014, 11:34 PM
You guys are kidding if you think DWill's success was a product of Sloan.

baseline bum
05-08-2014, 11:34 PM
I used to get so much shit for saying I'd take Paul over Williams.

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 11:38 PM
cp0 only shows up against the bottom 25 PG of the league who are trash, when his up against a top5 pg he shits the bed

FatWill doesn't show up against any point guard, except for the very rare games he can motivate his fatass self for against Westbrook or CP3....

:lmao Shitted on by Chalmers and Cole

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 11:38 PM
You guys are kidding if you think DWill's success was a product of Sloan.

Fact is, he has been fat, overpaid trash since running Sloan off....

Malik Hairston
05-08-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm gonna receive a lot of shit from those threads. I've been a Deron-stan ever since, but damn Chris Paul has left him eating (no pun intended) dust.

All Laker fans were obsessed with Deron Williams back then, tbh:lol..I don't think I ever interacted with a Lakers fan that didn't love Williams back then..

RsxPiimp
05-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Fact is, he has been fat, overpaid trash since running Sloan off....

That is a fact. He also hasn't been able to put together a complete, healthy season. Confidence also wasn't an issue, not a lot of defenders could faze Deron then, but the guy couldn't even hit a wide open jumper now to save his life.

100%duncan
05-08-2014, 11:49 PM

:lol

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 11:50 PM
How TOR didn't beat these guys is beyond me.

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 11:53 PM
That is a fact. He also hasn't been able to put together a complete, healthy season. Confidence also wasn't an issue, not a lot of defenders could faze Deron then, but the guy couldn't even hit a wide open jumper now to save his life.
Maybe if he cared enough to stay in shape he might be healthier....

DWill and Boozer with Sloan = looked like stars
DWill and Boozer without Sloan = immediately became trash

That's not a coincidence, imho....

RsxPiimp
05-08-2014, 11:54 PM
The guy couldn't even blow by Kirk Hinrich :lol

http://youtu.be/pHamyaIY8TY

Deron back then

http://youtu.be/G76SU7W9QMg

Deron is a failure and it will be quite difficult for the Nets front office to pull the plug on it. Houston at one point offered Asik and Lin, shouldve pulled the trigger when they had the chance. No one is touching him now.

HI-FI
interesting Laker fans love Deron Williams, you guys have a soft spot for coach killers imo.

Venti Quattro
All Laker fans were obsessed with Deron Williams back then, tbh:lol..I don't think I ever interacted with a Lakers fan that didn't love Williams back then..
Especially in 2008-2011, during the championship contending years of the Lakers. Many Lakers fans salivated at the thought of Deron Williams running the Lakers offense. If the corpse of Fisher can run the Lakers offense, why not this up and coming star, right... can run the point, slash to the hole, post up and shoot the rock. Such a perfect player for the triangle, right? Oh boy hindsight is really 20/20.

Clipper Nation
05-08-2014, 11:55 PM
interesting Laker fans love Deron Williams, you guys have a soft spot for coach killers imo.
They love overrated chuckers with bad contracts, too....

Venti Quattro
05-08-2014, 11:59 PM

Magic
Kobe
Deron

Coach-killing won them 10 championships. I wouldn't recommend it to future NBA players for the most obvious reasons, but I wouldn't say that it's a bad formula for winning imo.

Nathan89
05-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Deron is a failure and it will be quite difficult for the Nets front office to pull the plug on it. Houston at one point offered Asik and Lin, shouldve pulled the trigger when they had the chance. No one is touching him now.

If this is true then that was a terrible decision. Now they stuck paying him 20mil for the next three years.

Nets have to wait years to clear the books before they can rebuild. Knowing them they'll add a couple more bad contracts to prolong the wait. Jkidd has a terrible job for the foreseeable future.

Franklin
05-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Mavs dodged a bullet not signing him back in 2012 tbh.

RsxPiimp
05-09-2014, 12:15 AM
If this is true then that was a terrible decision. Now they stuck paying him 20mil for the next three years.

Nets have to wait years to clear the books before they can rebuild. Knowing them they'll add a couple more bad contracts to prolong the wait. Jkidd has a terrible job for the foreseeable future.

According to ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk, the Brooklyn Nets and Houston Rockets were locked in trade talks that would have brought Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin to Brooklyn. However, the talks never really got off the ground once the Rockets brought up Deron Williams' name.

From Youngmisuk's piece:

According to a league source, the Rockets had preliminary talks with the Nets last week about Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin. Talks never gained any steam, but the source said the Rockets were doing their due diligence and Williams' name came up. The Nets balked because one of the main reasons Pierce and Garnett agreed to a trade to Brooklyn was to play with Williams, according to the source. Williams, who signed a five-year, $98 million extension in 2012, was playing well upon returning from an ankle injury, and the Nets were looking better.

A Nets insider suggests it was a quick no. End of discussion.

:lol Billy King

RsxPiimp
05-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Actually, double :lol:lol @ Morey for even wanting Williams :lmao

Nathan89
05-09-2014, 12:20 AM
The Nets balked because one of the main reasons Pierce and Garnett agreed to a trade to Brooklyn was to play with Williams,

Gotta keep those superstars happy:lol

DMC
05-09-2014, 12:20 AM
You got notoriously shitty basketball takes. Deron Williams was probably the best PG in the game at one point. Once he threw Sloan under the bus, he took a hiatus and shit went south, but he's in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Sure he's losing to the Heat, so did we and so did Dallas and so did OKC and... well you've never been that far.

DMC
05-09-2014, 12:22 AM

If you recall, Chris Paul never won a game in the 2nd round per ST legend Bynumite.

ElNono
05-09-2014, 12:37 AM
If you recall, Chris Paul never won a game in the 2nd round per ST legend Bynumite.

:lol

Franklin
05-09-2014, 01:01 AM
You got notoriously shitty basketball takes. Deron Williams was probably the best PG in the game at one point. Once he threw Sloan under the bus, he took a hiatus and shit went south, but he's in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Sure he's losing to the Heat, so did we and so did Dallas and so did OKC and... well you've never been that far.
Dallas lost to the Heat in 06 but they redeemed it all in 2011 imho.

DMC
05-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Dallas lost to the Heat in 06 but they redeemed it all in 2011 imho.

This is true.

Baseline
05-09-2014, 01:12 AM
Could have told you that a long time ago. The second Utah drafted him ahead of Chris Paul, he became overrated - and he's lived up to it ever since.

JohnnyMax
05-09-2014, 02:09 AM
Mavs dodged a bullet not signing him back in 2012 tbh.

http://i.imgur.com/OvO4rdL.gif

Venti Quattro
05-09-2014, 08:35 AM
How TOR didn't beat these guys is beyond me.
Paul Pierce was clutch and Joe Johnson was unguardable in the series. They tried everyone on Joe short of Valanciunas but he was just in a zone.

Clipper Nation
05-09-2014, 08:48 AM
They're in the second round because of Joe Johnson and Pierce, not because of the fat fuck Williams.... in fact, fatass almost cost them the Toronto series in Game 7 when he literally hid behind several Raptors players during a late-game inbounds play because he was too scared to get the ball, leading to a turnover.... fat boy has about as much to do with that series win as Lopez did sitting on the bench :lol

You're one to talk about shitty basketball takes.... tell me more about how one of the league's best defensive teams "doesn't play a lick of defense" because they let one of the league's best offenses score a lot of points one game :lol