PDA

View Full Version : Tony parker tried his best to make sure he scored the most points..

apalisoc_9
05-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Ignoring Kawhi the whole second half..

too bad he failed..

spursfan1000
05-08-2014, 11:07 PM
i doubt he gives a dam

exstatic
Shut the fuck up.

MeloHype
Stfu

Cry Havoc
It's amazing how Tony doesn't want to pass to guys who are on the bench.

Malik Hairston
05-08-2014, 11:08 PM
:lol my nigga apalisoc, tbh, ruffling feathers..

100%duncan
And you're trying your best to make sure you have the most threads in page 1. Also in running for the worst poster in the board.

spursfan09
God stfu. Tony haters waiting for him to have something to bitch about.

RD2191
05-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Great thread.

hater
God stfu. Tony haters waiting for him to have something to bitch about.

:lmao

the short yellow Tony Hater bus riders looking for something to bitch about :lmao

MVParker took the team on his back and carried it for these 2 wins. Kawhaw, Marco and Splitter backed that nigga up

end of story :lmao

Tony made Lillard his bitch :lmao at that anklebreaker to end the game :lol

servalli
Fuck Porker

EVAY
05-08-2014, 11:11 PM

:lol:toast

exstatic
05-08-2014, 11:11 PM
:lol my nigga apalisoc, tbh, ruffling feathers..

He's a homeless, retarded version of ducks.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2014, 11:12 PM
lol at all these Blind idiots..

The guy shot 7 times in the first and scored 14 and he only took two shoots the whole second half..

Who was handling the ball? Tony Parker and Manu ginobili who both took 45685093247598234750 shots per 36..

What was the result?

POrtland almost making a comeback..

All these idiots..Blind..

eating whatever Pop feeds thems.

hater
05-08-2014, 11:15 PM

The guy shot 7 times in the first and scored 14 and he only took two shoots the whole second half..

Who was handling the ball? Tony Parker and Manu ginobili who both took 45685093247598234750 shots per 36..

What was the result?

you're the idiot tbh

Sure Parker's shot was not falling but he was getting OPEN LOOKS EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'm sure Pop told him: "Tony if you get open looks, you shoot it end of story"

wake up, this is Pop's instructions Tony is following

:lol short bus riders

RD2191
05-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Tony needs to realize that he needs to pass when his shot isn't falling. I usually don't mind his shot attempts but it kind of bugged me tonight.

DMC
05-08-2014, 11:16 PM
I love how Kawhi is looking others off who are calling for the ball. He's doing that "I got this" thing. That's the next level for him. He was a fucking beast tonight. Courage off the charts.

sexinthatsx
05-08-2014, 11:17 PM

What was the result?

I vouch that anybody that has Lebron James as their top 5 favorite players stfu and stop making dumb threads.

DMC
05-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Tony needs to realize that he needs to pass when his shot isn't falling. I usually don't mind his shot attempts but it kind of bugged me tonight.

No.

The entire Spurs offense relies on Tony getting into the paint and hitting some shots to open up shooters. He cannot just start deferring when he's missing shots. He's a professional shooter, one of only 3 guards in the league averaging over 50% a game. His shot will start to fall, he just has to keep looking for it. There's a reason the Spurs opened up big leads in both games.

Two10Whitey
05-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Kawhi could have easily scored 30+ if he got the ball more. He had wide open looks from three and a few opportunities to post up against Lilliard. Instead, Parker moves the ball to the opposite side of the floor. Unbelievable tbh.

DesignatedT
05-08-2014, 11:18 PM
He had 10 assists lol

RD2191
05-08-2014, 11:19 PM
No.

The entire Spurs offense relies on Tony getting into the paint and hitting some shots to open up shooters. He cannot just start deferring when he's missing shots. He's a professional shooter, one of only 3 guards in the league averaging over 50% a game. His shot will start to fall, he just has to keep looking for it. There's a reason the Spurs opened up big leads in both games.

Yes.

Splits
10 assists vs. 2 turnovers.

We win by 17.

/thread

RD2191
Kawhi could have easily scored 30+ if he got the ball more. He had wide open looks from three and a few opportunities to post up against Lilliard. Instead, Parker moves the ball to the opposite side of the floor. Unbelievable tbh.

Truth.

MI21
05-08-2014, 11:26 PM
OP is one of those types of people you have to feel sorry for, imagine what he/she/it is like in real life, tbh

Malik Hairston
05-08-2014, 11:27 PM
:lol apalisoc's shtick is one of the hottest on ST right now, tbh, I'm impressed..

hater
05-08-2014, 11:28 PM
OP is one of those types of people you have to feel sorry for, imagine what he/she/it is like in real life, tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5WFRplFXIo

DesignatedT
05-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Why does it matter if kawhi scores 30 lol. This is what fuckin kings fans think about. We won a playoff game by 17. Some of you fucktards are seriously retarded.

Josh810
05-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Why does it matter if kawhi scores 30 lol. This is what fuckin kings fans think about. We won a playoff game by 17. Some of you fucktards are seriously retarded.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HuLUGIwQdQ4/Uygl-f0-GWI/AAAAAAAAF14/wIb4asE3_TI/s1600/joker+clapping.gif

sexinthatsx
05-08-2014, 11:34 PM

Maybe some of these posters aren't truly Spurs fans, and just merely fans of players. Like I said, for someone to have Lebron James as their top 5 favorite player is just... sigh...

DPG21920
05-08-2014, 11:36 PM

He had double digit assists :lol. He got into the teeth of the defense and took mostly wide open good looks despite seeing more defenders than anyone.

jag
05-08-2014, 11:37 PM
This faggot with his threads. Every time his retarded brain has a thought, he starts a thread

DarrinS
05-08-2014, 11:40 PM
I love how Kawhi is looking others off who are calling for the ball. He's doing that "I got this" thing. That's the next level for him. He was a fucking beast tonight. Courage off the charts.

I'm always hoping Kawhi just keeps it himself.

DMC
05-08-2014, 11:57 PM

When he does I start thinking "Jordan". It's foolish obviously, but dude's got monster hands, getting a better handle, and his pull up is looking better and better. He's gaining confidence and when he decides he's going to take this to the hole, it works out more often than not. Jordan had that mindset. I don't see Leonard as anywhere near that ability, but what ability he has will be amplified by his tenacity and confidence.

Malik Hairston
05-09-2014, 12:02 AM
When he does I start thinking "Jordan". It's foolish obviously, but dude's got monster hands, getting a better handle, and his pull up is looking better and better. He's gaining confidence and when he decides he's going to take this to the hole, it works out more often than not. Jordan had that mindset. I don't see Leonard as anywhere near that ability, but what ability he has will be amplified by his tenacity and confidence.

It's difficult for Leonard to find a balance in this offense, though..

Pop is always going to run most of the offense through Parker/Ginobili/Duncan, with Leonard getting mismatch looks and scraps, tbh..he looks great in this system when his 3-ball is going down, but as we've seen in the past, he looks terrible in this system when his shot is off, he isn't a natural spot-up shooter..

He's clearly much, much more than the role players Pop is accustomed to playing around the big 3..

DesignatedT
05-09-2014, 12:03 AM
PaulGarciaPS: “It’s Tony. They’re just trying to stop him, which frees up everything for the rest of us.” - Kawhi on what’s helping #Spurs offense.

marinoman
As one of the few appreciative Spurs fans here, Im sorry you felt Parker didnt play well enough in this blowout

Kidd K
Parker had 10 assists and is our best scorer. He was not ball hogging, he was doing his job.

I sure as hell don't. He usually fails on his black hole possessions. He happened to hit them today. Good for him, but I hate when he does it every single time even when he makes it since I know it's a low percentage look.

If someone were to go through the tape of his shots, I would be shocked if he's shooting above 35% on those kinds of plays where he black holes the ball and tries to create a play and not just immediately shoot or drive (aka "get assisted").

Kawhi is good but he still sucks at creating for himself.

apalisoc_9
05-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Parker had 10 assists and is our best scorer. He was not ball hogging, he was doing his job.

I sure as hell don't. He usually fails on his black hole possessions. He happened to hit them today. Good for him, but I hate when he does it every single time even when he makes it since I know it's a low percentage look.

If someone were to go through the tape of his shots, I would be shocked if he's shooting above 35% on those kinds of plays where he black holes the ball and tries to create a play and not just immediately shoot or drive (aka "get assisted").

he's shooting over 50% when does create for himself.

You're by far one of the dumbest posters in this board.

DarrinS
05-09-2014, 12:07 AM

Kawhi was the best player in this game. He needs more touches.

HI-FI
05-09-2014, 12:07 AM
I was saying that last year or before that he reminded me of Jordan at times. Obviously he's not a Jordan clone or else he would've been drafted higher, but those hands allow him to get off Jordanesque shots. I think with Kawhi's work ethic and growing confidence, he could easily take his game to a whole other level. Like you said above, I like that he's getting more confident and ready for the ball. His handles are going to be sick soon.

DarrinS
05-09-2014, 12:10 AM
8 of 9, 4 of 4 from 3?

Give him the fucking ball

DMC
05-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Leonard doesn't look at the ground as much as he did. He seems to hold his head up a bit.

DMC
05-09-2014, 12:12 AM
8 of 9, 4 of 4 from 3?

Give him the fucking ball

What the Spurs are doing is working. When it stops working then change things here or there.

Sean Cagney
05-09-2014, 12:13 AM
Shut the fuck up.

I agree and came in to say for GODS SAKES STFU already.. The hate on Tony here is a joke, he is a key to our team and if anyone is not a fan of his they are not a Spurs fan IMO, period.

RD2191
05-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Parker isn't immune from criticism. And why do people get so worked up over different views and opinions? It's a fucking forum. How boring would it be if we all just agreed with each other and started blowing each other off after Spurs wins? This is a place to discuss the Spurs. People see things differently. Get over it.

Kidd K
05-09-2014, 12:38 AM

I call bullshit on that. Show me the stats if you're going to talk shit, because Kawhi is constantly bricking when he's creating his own shot. What Kawhi makes the most are wide open catch and shoots or on catch and drives or fast breaks. He is decent in the post (the rare occasions he gets it there), but garbage creating his own shot on the perimeter.

moisaenz
05-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Kawhi was the best player this game cause he got the touches he needed and he capitalized on them...

Baam
05-09-2014, 12:56 AM

This just topped the OP :lmao

Baam
05-09-2014, 12:59 AM
I was saying that last year or before that he reminded me of Jordan at times. Obviously he's not a Jordan clone or else he would've been drafted higher, but those hands allow him to get off Jordanesque shots. I think with Kawhi's work ethic and growing confidence, he could easily take his game to a whole other level. Like you said above, I like that he's getting more confident and ready for the ball. His handles are going to be sick soon.

Holy shit there's a whole group of people thinking that Kiwi = Jordan...

200 miles
05-09-2014, 01:03 AM

No, more like Kiwi = Paul George 2.0

HI-FI
05-09-2014, 01:10 AM

no, hence I said he would be drafted higher if he was like Jordan. But those hands allow him some crazy shots. He's going to get better, I doubt he'll be like Mike but I think he can be special in his own right.

daslicer
05-09-2014, 01:16 AM
He'll never be Jordan but I would like to see him try to learn how to do the Jordan baseline fadeaway move. I think that would add a lot to his game.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-09-2014, 01:17 AM
TDMVPDPOY chimes in downstairs

kawhi dominating the game with high efficiency,

till some fkn turd decided its his time...fck him, fck his fanbase, fck the fake ass coty keeping him on t he bench for no reason for most of the 3rd quarter when blazers were making some kind of comeback...

kawhi breakout season being held back by a selfish prick coatrider

wildchild
05-09-2014, 01:43 AM
He's already a great overall player, versatile scorer/strong defender.
He can create -successfully- his own shot, he's an extremely efficient post player, and he's the only one in the team with the strength to capitalize on fast break opportunities.

What the Spurs are doing is working. When it stops working then change things here or there.
Leonard's development has been constant but if the coach doesn't call plays for him/doesn't involve him/doesn't increase his minutes in the regular season, those changes may come too late in playoffs.

superbigtime
05-09-2014, 02:27 AM
TP did his best to help his team win. Moronic hate.

sook
05-09-2014, 02:53 AM
lol fucking idiot.

KL2
05-09-2014, 03:01 AM
That was pretty ridiculous how his teammates literally didn't even look at him. It's why the Blazers were making a comeback, he didn't touch the ball for a while, not until he grabbed an offensive rebound and made a 3.

The majority of this guys shots come in transition off of offensive rebounds he grabs, or steals he creates, mostly defense. There is no excuse to not feed him the ball in the post, or draw up some god damn plays for him

Cry Havoc
05-09-2014, 03:01 AM

Oddly enough, so is Tony Parker. He's one of the most efficient point guards of all-time, and takes extremely smart shots.

Of course, never mind stuff like facts when you can rabble up some troll bait, eh?

KL2
05-09-2014, 03:03 AM
I call bullshit on that. Show me the stats if you're going to talk shit, because Kawhi is constantly bricking when he's creating his own shot. What Kawhi makes the most are wide open catch and shoots or on catch and drives or fast breaks. He is decent in the post (the rare occasions he gets it there), but garbage creating his own shot on the perimeter.

If you pay attention you'll see 99% of the time his teammates either refuse to set screens, or crowd him and fuck up the spacing. He's getting very little help out there, he's found a way to succeed in a system he doesn't fit in, he's that good.

siraulo23
05-09-2014, 03:03 AM
you're reaching :lol

Kidd K
05-09-2014, 03:15 AM
If you pay attention you'll see 99% of the time his teammates either refuse to set screens, or crowd him and fuck up the spacing. He's getting very little help out there, he's found a way to succeed in a system he doesn't fit in, he's that good.

I won't entirely disagree with the lack of help once he has the ball (when he does bigs are usually posting up or setting off ball screens for the guards who are getting open for Kawhi to pass them the ball), and I definitely won't disagree with the lack of plays being called/designed for him. . .but I also won't concede that he is not a good iso scorer. He is very poor at that, and tbh aside from last night (or tonight if you will), he has repeatedly failed in those situations in the last series. The guy was probably shooting 20% in iso situations. I can barely recall him making one, all I remember is miss after miss after miss, and even thinking "wow this guy is becoming a fuckin black hole" at how the ball would stick to him as he'd dribble around and chuck a 18 footer and brick it every time.

Kawhi is much better on fast breaks and getting assisted than he is creating. You really cannot give him the ball on the perimeter and expect points like you can with Tony, Manu, and to a lesser extent, Mills and Belineli. Kawhi is a decent post player though. If anything, I don't understand why that isn't milked a bit more.

It may be a product of him being a SF. SF just doesn't get a lot of plays called for him in the Spurs offense, or honestly in most typical half court offenses. Even LeBron, who's a SF, is basically used as a PG, and Durant is basically used as a good portion of the time if you look at the spacing and positioning on the floor while the Heat PG barely gets touches and the Thunder SG gets almost no touches. One of those 3 perimeter guys usually loses touches in any offense. You rarely have a team with a PG, SG, and SF all getting lots of looks.

will_spurs
05-09-2014, 05:19 AM

That's what Manu's for :lol

wildchild
05-09-2014, 05:38 AM
thinking "wow this guy is becoming a fuckin black hole" at how the ball would stick to him as he'd dribble around and chuck a 18 footer and brick it every time

Well, or you are an idiot, or don't watch Spurs games after Leonard returned from his hand injury.

However, he has all the potential, he can score many ways but he's playing within the system selflessly. His day to shine will come -in this team or another-

Kidd K
05-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Well, or you are an idiot, or don't watch Spurs games after Leonard returned from his hand injury.

However, he has all the potential, he can score many ways but he's playing within the system selflessly. His day to shine will come -in this team or another-

Or you didn't watch the Mavs series to see that he fucked up most of his perimeter iso plays.. plays that weren't even called for him.

I have watched nearly every Spurs game since 1992, so you can sit the fuck down with that newbie "you don't watch" bullshit.

wildchild
05-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Or you didn't watch the Mavs series to see that he fucked up most of his perimeter iso plays.. plays that weren't even called for him.
I have watched nearly every Spurs game since 1992, so you can sit the fuck down with that newbie "you don't watch" bullshit.

So..."newbie", registered here many years before you crazy troll and I read more than write. But probably I post when I see people -like you- act arrogant, thinking you're better than everyone, trying to hide the real plays and games through your unfounded posts.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt about your stupidity...It won't happen anymore.

jbspurs
05-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Spurs won! Just be happy!!

apalisoc_9
05-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Kidd K :lmao:lmao

lakerhaterade
05-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Kidd K brought a shotgun to the fight while all these other dudes brought BB guns :lol

smeagol
05-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Ignoring Kawhi the whole second half..

too bad he failed..

In case you haven't been insulted enough . . . you are a worthless piece of shit. GTFO already, you are a disgrace. Make us all a favor and kill yourself . . . .

lefty
05-09-2014, 01:21 PM
lol TP didnt do jack sh... in the 2nd half; classic

Kidd K
05-09-2014, 04:18 PM
So..."newbie", registered here many years before you crazy troll and I read more than write. But probably I post when I see people -like you- act arrogant, thinking you're better than everyone, trying to hide the real plays and games through your unfounded posts.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt about your stupidity...It won't happen anymore.

How long you've been posting on a specific forum doesn't mean shit. So you bandwagoned and joined Spurstalk after our 2007 title, congrats, but don't expect people to be impressed. You apparently don't even post on the damn site unless the Spurs are doing well in the postseason, so not only are you a bandwagoner but you're a frontrunning fairweather bitch too. :lol The fuck outta here with "not watching" dude. You probably don't even watch the Spurs in the regular season besides their TNT games against top teams.

I particularly enjoyed your hypocrisy in claiming you post against "arrogant people who think they're better than everyone" comment immediately after trying to dick swing over your forum join date as if it somehow made you special and better than people who posted here later though. :lmao

Cry Havoc
05-09-2014, 04:40 PM
That's what Manu's for :lol

We're lucky if Manu passes it to our bench instead of at the refs or the other team. :lol

.G.
05-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Kawhi had an excellent night. All-around game...blocks, steals, rebounds, transition offense, PnR, posting niggas up, pull up Js, step back three on Matthews, dagger three, etc...BOSS.

LgkCA_npz-Q

DarrinS
05-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Kawhi had an excellent night. All-around game...blocks, steals, rebounds, transition offense, PnR, posting niggas up, pull up Js, step back three on Matthews, dagger three, etc...BOSS.

LgkCA_npz-Q

And he's only going to get better.

3 Legged Dog
05-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Idiot OP

rasuo214
05-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Seems like the smart thing to do is give the ball to the guy with the hot hand, Kawhi isn't always going to make almost every shot but when he's on give him the ball. Same thing for any other player, but bottom line is winning the game and the Spurs did that so obviously they did something right.

superjames1992
05-09-2014, 07:27 PM
TP was fine, tbqh. It wasn't a great game for him, but he was fine, racking up plenty of assists and distributing the basketball efficiently on offense. His jump shot was off in the first half, but they were good shots, so I'm okay with him taking them, tbh...

Tbh, there was very little to complain about on offense for the Spurs last night. Maybe Kawhi could have gotten more looks, but perhaps his efficiency would have started to suffer if he had taken some bad shots.

I didn't really think Tony, Manu, or Timmy had great games (though all played well enough), so the fact that the Spurs played so well is impressive. :tu

EVAY
05-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Wow!! I am so impressed with the Spurs fans here who know so much about the mindset and motivations of sports players they have never met! Really!!

I have a Ph.D. in the behavioral sciences but have no such abilities to look into the feelings of people like some folks in here seem to do. How impressed I am with some of you.

cd021
05-09-2014, 08:11 PM

the short yellow Tony Hater bus riders looking for something to bitch about :lmao

MVParker took the team on his back and carried it for these 2 wins. Kawhaw, Marco and Splitter backed that nigga up

end of story :lmao

Tony made Lillard his bitch :lmao at that anklebreaker to end the game :lol

:tu

only on ST can a player go for 16 and 10 and get ripped.

wildchild
05-10-2014, 11:57 AM

Nice vid!
He's smart enough to read the defense and take what is available. The sequence when he blocks Lopez -7' guy- runs the floor and scores, shows his versatility.
Pop said he sat Leonard and showed him Bowen/Jordan/Pippen videos. Now, it seems like the kid tries to put a bunch of things together. That takes time but he's only 22 years old.

Really, you're not worth my time.

.G.
05-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Nice vid!
He's smart enough to read the defense and take what is available. The sequence when he blocks Lopez -7' guy- runs the floor and scores, shows his versatility.
Pop said he sat Leonard and showed him Bowen/Jordan/Pippen videos. Now, it seems like the kid tries to put a bunch of things together. That takes time but he's only 22 years old.

Kawhi's confidence is becoming more apparent as this series goes on. Agree on his versatility. Leonard is a headache on the defensive end. You could certainly see shades of Bowen when he created that turnover on Batum at the top of the key which led to fastbreak points. That cat's hands are lightening quick. On offense he can just about do it all (hit threes in transition/spot up, post up game is there, ability to create shots in/outside the paint, mad handling skills....SHIT, some here have already mentioned his somewhat "Jordan-esque" qualities...can you imagine once he adds a turnaround fadeaway jumpshot to his arsenal? Now, if he could only hit pressure free throws...

But yeah, http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4724095/that-boy-good-randy-watson-o.gif that boy good.

Kidd K
05-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Really, you're not worth my time.

Giving up is the smartest thing you've done so far, but don't claim you don't care when you keep replying which indicates that you do. More hypocrisy.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Fucking Enrique! 9/12 shooting in the 2nd half?!?! Pass the ball to Manu he'll make sure everyone gets a touch... Even if it's a Blazer or Popcorn guy in the 6th row

DesignatedT
05-11-2014, 12:44 AM
:lol fucking faggot OP

T Park
05-11-2014, 12:48 AM
Fucking Enrique! 9/12 shooting in the 2nd half?!?! Pass the ball to Manu he'll make sure everyone gets a touch... Even if it's a Blazer or Popcorn guy in the 6th row

Yeah he only helped seal the game in the fourth quarter.

Fucking dunce....

sook
05-11-2014, 12:52 AM
This dude is just a fucking attention whore. Dumbest poster I've seen in my 6 yrs being here.

tim_duncan_fan
05-11-2014, 12:54 AM
Parker is the doge, tbh.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10365752_10152135830508660_8755038943995415865_n.j pg

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 10:54 PM
:lol Kidd K with the bads, per par, tbh..